PDA

View Full Version : where is my 1st round pick mitch?

mufridaz
01-08-2015, 04:28 AM
After the cavs dealt 2 first round picks again yes I said two first rounders for a rim protector mozgolv.....are the options for lakers to trade j.hill and/ or ed davis diminishing?

Maybe golden state would but again neither of our assets are "rim" protectors.

Sad day indeed...thoughts

At least pistons are winning some games now and helping our chances of getting a top 5 pick lol.

Jennie's fiancée is phil of the knicks who now has 5 wins and has gone for a total rebuild and if draft was today would get the top pick more than likely. Yet she thinks tanking is stupid? Well does she also think phil is stupid? her own fiancée?

Time is ticking our options are diminishing as far as potential trade partners go...get rid of lin, j.hill, ed davis, maybe swaggy, Kelly as well and try to get as many picks as possible.

Next calderon will be gone and our chances of trading lin are going to vanish.

Make a move do something. Get worse! I mean today not trying to tank we get blown out by what close to 40 points to the clippers? Are you serious? Just think how much we would be blown out if we were actually tanking.

Play Clarkson more get rid of the old and bring in some youth. Just look at bazemore has done to help Atlanta this year and we let him walk for nothing. Gotta keep finding those diamonds in the rough like we did with j.hill.

mufridaz
01-08-2015, 04:39 AM
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-pm-players-who-may-be-traded-part-2/

Jordan Hill, Los Angeles Lakers – The Lakers may be looking to trade away some veterans to clear cap room and improve their lottery odds. L.A. has more incentive to do this than other teams, since their first-round pick will go to the Phoenix Suns if it falls outside of the top five. Hill has been one of the Lakers’ best players this season, averaging career-highs across the board, and they may look to trade him while his value is high. They could likely land an attractive asset for Hill, and removing him from the roster would likely lead to some more losses, which would benefit the team even if the front office insists they’re not tanking. The 27-year-old is making $9 million this year and will be paid the same next year (which is a team option). Keep an eye on this situation.

Ed Davis, Los Angeles Lakers – As previously mentioned in the Jordan Hill paragraph, the Lakers may move some of their veterans before the deadline. Davis is another player who could be dealt, as it seems likely that he will opt out of his contract this offseason to become an unrestricted free agent. It was a surprise that he wasn’t able to ink a deal larger than the one he signed with the Lakers, which paid him $981,084 this season and has a player option worth $1.1 million for next year. When players sign those kind of small deals with a player option for the second year, it’s typically so that they can opt out and re-test free agency one year later. If the Lakers fear that Davis will sign elsewhere, they may look to move him now to get something back for him.

-------------------

at least this is a good sign that both j.hill and ed davis are in trade talks...my only fear talk is cheap actually make a move....

Hangin n Wangin
01-08-2015, 05:14 AM
Quiet, you.

midwestlaker75
01-08-2015, 07:34 AM
Quite frankly... I'm pretty sure Mitch Kupchak is not even thinking about the state of the Lakers right this minute as he deals with his daughter's death.

Let's wait until after the trading deadline to assess this situation. If the F/O doesn't make the necessary moves, Then we can light it up on here.

angelsfan1984
01-08-2015, 04:27 PM
They need to start giving Clarkson every opportunity to gain some experience so that next year they have a somewhat serviceable pg...I'm still bummed randle is out all year and not getting any exp.