PDA

View Full Version : Grantland-The Future of Basketball Is Here, and It Looks a Lot Like James Harden

Htownballa1622
01-07-2015, 02:51 PM
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/future-of-basketball-james-harden-daryl-morey-houston-rockets/

Good article that addresses some of the "critics" around here.

"As of today, James Harden is the leading scorer in the NBA and the most important offensive force on a team in the thick of the Western Conference title race. Hes a legitimate MVP candidate, quite clearly the best shooting guard in the league. And yet, hes more than that. Those plaudits only scratch the surface of what hes doing this season."

Jamiecballer
01-07-2015, 03:03 PM
it's never good when an article like this is posted by a noted fan of the home team. you should have let someone else post this.

JV35
01-07-2015, 03:04 PM
I'll check back in 5 years.

Htownballa1622
01-07-2015, 03:05 PM
it's never good when an article like this is posted by a noted fan of the home team. you should have let someone else post this.

I get it BUT this was a good read. It may never have been posted around these parts.

Jamiecballer
01-07-2015, 03:14 PM
but it was a great article and i see an awful lot of truth in it.

Htownballa1622
01-07-2015, 03:17 PM
but it was a great article and i see an awful lot of truth in it.

I always like when Grantland does breakdowns like this.

It makes sense. Harden is great and all but the Rox are still maybe one piece from SERIOUSLY contending.

I just thought it'd show what we talked about in another thread about Harden being a 40% shooter but still efficient with a near .600% ts.

colinskik
01-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Not that I disagree at all with the article -- in fact I think it's spot on -- but let's not crown Harden and the Rockets as the future of basketball as far as philosophic style is concerned just yet. They'll need to prove that in the playoffs first. Without that success, it's merely a Mike D'antoni 7 seconds or less fad.

What some critics will probably bring up about Harden though, and the author touched upon, is that Harden's style of play is ruining what people have grown to love about basketball. Harden's game lacks the creativity and elegance that a Kobe, for instance, displays. When you drive to the basket seemingly haphazardly and then inevitably get the call nine time out of ten, sending a great free throw shooter to the line, it understandably irks people. However, that shouldn't take away from what Harden does. He's simply playing to his strengths.

Before any one style of team play can legitimately be called the best, I think the way the game is called needs to undergo a serious audit, especially what is called a foul. The other night when the W's dismantled the Thunder, Westbrook was driving to the basket and jumping into the defender. It sure looked like a foul in the traditional sense, but when you actually take a closer look the defender is just doing what he is allowed to do under the rules. This isn't always the case though as Westbrook usually gets that call. Until the refs can be consistent the game will always be subjective.

Vampirate
01-07-2015, 03:32 PM
What's weird is all that talk and the Rockets are a below average offensive group, do the Rockets really have no one besides Harden and Howard, because atm they are not getting much done offensively.

houstonfan
01-07-2015, 03:50 PM
What's weird is all that talk and the Rockets are a below average offensive group, do the Rockets really have no one besides Harden and Howard, because atm they are not getting much done offensively.

The bench has been pretty brutal. I could be wrong but with Harden on the floor we still have a top 10 offense. But ya Ariza is having the worst offensive year of his career, Beverley has been okay, D-Mo has been great, dwight is having a down year offensively, and the bench is just not very good.

Hawkeye15
01-07-2015, 04:00 PM
while I don't disagree with the article, so far, Harden, as a Rocket, has been totally ineffective in the playoffs with his style. Defenses get to game plan, and just keep him as ineffective as you can make him.

As for Houston, they need to show this style works in a playoff series first. It's one thing to mow through the regular season, it's another to have to beat a team 4 times out of 7 games, and McHale's system has not shown the ability to make adjustments, and Harden has been a large problem with that.

You want to run non-stop and bomb 3's? Cool. You get to live and die on whether you are hitting them now..

tredigs
01-07-2015, 04:00 PM
The bench has been pretty brutal. I could be wrong but with Harden on the floor we still have a top 10 offense. But ya Ariza is having the worst offensive year of his career, Beverley has been okay, D-Mo has been great, dwight is having a down year offensively, and the bench is just not very good.

Not sure if it would be Top 10 compared to the on/off of other teams top offensive talents (just checked Curry/CP3/Nowitzki and it'd be well below those), but it's still a very effective offense when he's on the court.

tredigs
01-07-2015, 04:04 PM
It is pretty insane how many 3's they're taking: 34 a night! Just shatters the previous all time high.

Jamiecballer
01-07-2015, 04:05 PM

It makes sense. Harden is great and all but the Rox are still maybe one piece from SERIOUSLY contending.

I just thought it'd show what we talked about in another thread about Harden being a 40% shooter but still efficient with a near .600% ts.

the Raptors are playing this game as well. attack the basket for foul shots or shoot the 3. they just don't have a player of Harden's caliber. do people in your forum complain incessantly about the style of play like they do in ours?

Htownballa1622
01-07-2015, 04:06 PM
while I don't disagree with the article, so far, Harden, as a Rocket, has been totally ineffective in the playoffs with his style. Defenses get to game plan, and just keep him as ineffective as you can make him.

As for Houston, they need to show this style works in a playoff series first. It's one thing to mow through the regular season, it's another to have to beat a team 4 times out of 7 games, and McHale's system has not shown the ability to make adjustments, and Harden has been a large problem with that.

You want to run non-stop and bomb 3's? Cool. You get to live and die on whether you are hitting them now..

I 100% agree with this.

That's why I hope Morey makes a move at deadline for a creator. (Dragic:hope:)

Htownballa1622
01-07-2015, 04:10 PM
the Raptors are playing this game as well. attack the basket for foul shots or shoot the 3. they just don't have a player of Harden's caliber. do people in your forum complain incessantly about the style of play like they do in ours?

Our forum has been slow but I know on another rox forum there are complaints because Beverly is so hit or miss. Ariza has been terrible after his fast start. Dwight gets criticized.
And we want more touches for DMo.

Lot wrong with rox these days and then integrating new players.

It's definitely a work in progress.

It's definitely annoying when we rely on fts so heavily and refs sometimes mysteriously swallow whistles. (Bulls game)

Hawkeye15
01-07-2015, 04:10 PM
I 100% agree with this.

That's why I hope Morey makes a move at deadline for a creator. (Dragic:hope:)

if you scout the Rox, and get to plan for them, you basically don't even need to bother with the 16-23 foot area, or trying to guard it. Which is why the shooters get so much pressure. You stop the drive from Harden (easier said than done, but sending help and making his role players make shots), dump down on Dwight, and close hard on everyone, and the Rockets have just not been good come playoffs. They really need their shooters to show up, and they need someone, anyone, other than Harden, that can put the ball on the deck late in the clock, and force a team to collapse off the perimeter guys.

God, I said it when it happened, signing Lin and letting Dragic walk (don't know all the particulars behind the scene), was just **** luck.

Htownballa1622
01-07-2015, 04:11 PM
It is pretty insane how many 3's they're taking: 34 a night! Just shatters the previous all time high.

Just look at Ariza. Barf

colinskik
01-07-2015, 04:12 PM

Are you plagiarizing my post? :cool:

Hawkeye15
01-07-2015, 04:13 PM
Just look at Ariza. Barf

the mother ****er is hitting 31%, why is he taking 7 a night?

Htownballa1622
01-07-2015, 04:13 PM
if you scout the Rox, and get to plan for them, you basically don't even need to bother with the 16-23 foot area, or trying to guard it. Which is why the shooters get so much pressure. You stop the drive from Harden (easier said than done, but sending help and making his role players make shots), dump down on Dwight, and close hard on everyone, and the Rockets have just not been good come playoffs. They really need their shooters to show up, and they need someone, anyone, other than Harden, that can put the ball on the deck late in the clock, and force a team to collapse off the perimeter guys.

God, I said it when it happened, signing Lin and letting Dragic walk (don't know all the particulars behind the scene), was just **** luck.

Yeah that one hurt. Something about a 4th year player option we didn't want to give. (This was b4 we knew we were getting Harden Thanks to okc being cheap)

Hawkeye15
01-07-2015, 04:14 PM
Are you plagiarizing my post? :cool:

haha, I skipped over it. Lemme read it. I tend to come in and just ramble

edit: You went after it stylistically, not what I was doing at all. I don't give a **** how a team/player scores, as long as he is scoring as many points for each shot attempt humanly possible.

That being said, I am not a fan in particular of watching Harden. And the style they play needs to work when it counts most, which it hasn't.

Htownballa1622
01-07-2015, 04:15 PM
the mother ****er is hitting 31%, why is he taking 7 a night?

Lmao. C. Brewer has actually shot well while here so I wouldn't be against starting him but idk.

Ariza started off EXTREMELY hot hitting like 60% early on then fell off of a cliff. That .315 feels high. Tells you all u need to know. Smh

tredigs
01-07-2015, 04:24 PM
Just look at Ariza. Barf

Yeah. I have him on fantasy and am ultra surprised any time he reaches 40% from the field. Fell off a cliff for sure.

Vampirate
01-07-2015, 04:30 PM

Actually they don't have a player of Dwights caliber, a center who is a defensive force in the paint.

kingsdelez24
01-07-2015, 04:34 PM
I called Ariza being the result of John Wall finding him when he's open in transition. Not counting last year and his 09 playoff run, he's been a mediocre to bad three point shooter his entire career

Jamiecballer
01-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Actually they don't have a player of Dwights caliber, a center who is a defensive force in the paint.

and the Rockets don't have a point guard of Lowry's caliber. we could go at this all day if you'd like :)

besides that's got nothing to do with my comment or the content of the article in question.

valade16
01-07-2015, 04:50 PM
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/future-of-basketball-james-harden-daryl-morey-houston-rockets/

"As of today, James Harden is the leading scorer in the NBA and the most important offensive force on a team in the thick of the Western Conference title race. Hes a legitimate MVP candidate, quite clearly the best shooting guard in the league. And yet, hes more than that. Those plaudits only scratch the surface of what hes doing this season."

Was gonna say, "in the thick of the Western Conference Playoff race"? They're the 5th seed. They are "in the thick" but they aren't favorites by any stretch.

valade16
01-07-2015, 04:55 PM

This is spot on. He'll have to prove he can do it in the playoffs before anyone takes his style as the future.

tredigs
01-07-2015, 05:12 PM
It's valid to say Harden has a lot to prove in the post-season. His last 3 playoff series (Finals with OKC, and the two 1st rounders as the man), he has not been playing at an All Star level, let alone superstar.

As a #1 his per-36 minute #'s = 22.7/4.8/4.4 on 38% from the field (31% from three) + 3.5 TO's. Advanced wise he's below a 20 PER, barely at .1 WS/48 and has a 53% TS.

That said, he's still getting to the line a ton. That much hasn't slowed down in the playoffs. But, yeah, teams have schemed him and got the best of him in the playoffs for a few years now.

colinskik
01-07-2015, 05:19 PM
haha, I skipped over it. Lemme read it. I tend to come in and just ramble

edit: You went after it stylistically, not what I was doing at all. I don't give a **** how a team/player scores, as long as he is scoring as many points for each shot attempt humanly possible.

That being said, I am not a fan in particular of watching Harden. And the style they play needs to work when it counts most, which it hasn't.

I was also talking about how they haven't showed any sort of success in the playoffs so it's premature to crown them the king of this supposed new direction of successful basketball.

Hawkeye15
01-07-2015, 05:26 PM
I was also talking about how they haven't showed any sort of success in the playoffs so it's premature to crown them the king of this supposed new direction of successful basketball.

exactly, we agree on that.

kingsdelez24
01-07-2015, 06:24 PM

and the Rockets don't have a point guard of Lowry's caliber. we could go at this all day if you'd like :)

besides that's got nothing to do with my comment or the content of the article in question.

I'd take the Raptors over the Rockets any day. McHale is garbage at making adjustments of any kind

kingsdelez24
01-07-2015, 06:25 PM
The Rockets would do wonders with the triangle based on their roster

kozelkid
01-07-2015, 06:32 PM

Exactly this. They call the game different in the playoffs vs. regular season. Wake me up when Harden ceases to joke in the playoffs. That sort of creativity that players like Kobe or Melo posses, though not as effective in terms of efficiency in the regular season, seems to work out just fine come playoff time because they don't rely almost exclusively on getting to the line.

Sssmush
01-07-2015, 06:50 PM

*wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee* "James Harden is the best player in basketball." Hahaha Let me know when they win a playoff series.

JEDean89
01-07-2015, 07:03 PM
Harden's offensive game is about as good as you can ask for from a guard, he is next after Kobe/Michael in line for the great league SG (Wade's prime didn't last long enough and concurred alongside Kobe). His assists make his team better but if you ask me I think AD is the future of the NBA. He is the guy you make in 2k, in create a player mode.

Goose17
01-07-2015, 07:07 PM
The future of basketball is flopping for free throws to bump your PPG and efficiency ratings and then choking repeatedly in the post season?

Guess I better find a new sport to follow.

...only joking. Good read.

Hawkeye15
01-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Harden's offensive game is about as good as you can ask for from a guard, he is next after Kobe/Michael in line for the great league SG (Wade's prime didn't last long enough and concurred alongside Kobe). His assists make his team better but if you ask me I think AD is the future of the NBA. He is the guy you make in 2k, in create a player mode.

MJ/Kobe level? Let me know when he is an above average defender for years

Harden does literally one thing well. Score. It's important, but by no means is he is complete player.

Jamiecballer
01-07-2015, 08:43 PM

Harden does literally one thing well. Score. It's important, but by no means is he is complete player.
If you take time to read the article you might be surprised by how effective a passer he has become as well.

houstonfan
01-07-2015, 08:44 PM

Well he's also as the article says 6th in points created off assists and he rebounds well for a 2 guard. While the defense isn't great he brings a lot more to the table than just scoring. That being said you are right he isn't to an MJ/Kobe level yet. He has a long way to go to get there.

Hawkeye15
01-07-2015, 08:47 PM
If you take time to read the article you might be surprised by how effective a passer he has become as well.

I haven't watched more than 1 Rockets games this year. I lived there for 19 years, I need a break from them.

I would assume he generates some points off assists, simply from the pace they play, and he has shooters, and Dwight to dump it to on the drive.

Jamiecballer
01-07-2015, 08:49 PM
I haven't watched more than 1 Rockets games this year. I lived there for 19 years, I need a break from them.

I would assume he generates some points off assists, simply from the pace they play, and he has shooters, and Dwight to dump it to on the drive.
So is it safe to say you didn't read the article all the way through? I was quite surprised at the numbers provided regarding his assisting. It was a strong case.

Hawkeye15
01-07-2015, 09:03 PM
So is it safe to say you didn't read the article all the way through? I was quite surprised at the numbers provided regarding his assisting. It was a strong case.

I didn't read a letter. I will later.

Sactown
01-07-2015, 10:02 PM
Exactly what has been staid , until it shows success in the playoffs they join every other disappointing pretender . Harden needs to find a way to score more effectively without the line though... In the regular season the officials seem more willingly to blow the whistle but during the playoffs they appear to not want to affect the game with the constant foul calls especially in the 4th.. until that happens his effictiveness about him is eliminated .

amak316
01-08-2015, 03:47 AM
I have been curious about the limitations of Morey Ball. I understand that mathematically the mid range jumper is the least efficient shot in basketball and that it has the lowest expectation of points per shot. What seems unclear is the effect that it has on a players 3point and layup percentages when the defense can simply pack the paint every time the rockets drive and play man to man on the perimeter. It feels like there may be some value in taking the occasional lower expectation midrange shots to remain balanced and keep defenses honest. It certainly seems Ariza's fg % has fallen off a cliff while playing MoreyBall.

FlashBolt
01-08-2015, 05:03 AM
So the guy who has disappointed playoffs after playoffs is the future? Give me a break.

PurpleLynch
01-08-2015, 09:11 AM
Not that I disagree at all with the article -- in fact I think it's spot on -- but let's not crown Harden and the Rockets as the future of basketball as far as philosophic style is concerned just yet. They'll need to prove that in the playoffs first. Without that success, it's merely a Mike D'antoni 7 seconds or less fad.

What some critics will probably bring up about Harden though, and the author touched upon, is that Harden's style of play is ruining what people have grown to love about basketball. Harden's game lacks the creativity and elegance that a Kobe, for instance, displays. When you drive to the basket seemingly haphazardly and then inevitably get the call nine time out of ten, sending a great free throw shooter to the line, it understandably irks people. However, that shouldn't take away from what Harden does. He's simply playing to his strengths.

Before any one style of team play can legitimately be called the best, I think the way the game is called needs to undergo a serious audit, especially what is called a foul. The other night when the W's dismantled the Thunder, Westbrook was driving to the basket and jumping into the defender. It sure looked like a foul in the traditional sense, but when you actually take a closer look the defender is just doing what he is allowed to do under the rules. This isn't always the case though as Westbrook usually gets that call. Until the refs can be consistent the game will always be subjective.

This. Very nice answer.

Jamiecballer
01-08-2015, 12:26 PM
So the guy who has disappointed playoffs after playoffs is the future? Give me a break.

i think the author of the article is referencing certain strategies rather than past performance of the individual player.

i found the part about functional misses mind-blowing. 55% resulting in offensive rebounds! they have basically turned missing at the rim into a designed play using geometry and timing to incredible advantage and i will be very surprised if that isn't picked up on by the rest of the league.

Hawkeye15
01-08-2015, 12:28 PM
i think the author of the article is referencing certain strategies rather than past performance of the individual player.

i found the part about functional misses mind-blowing. 55% resulting in offensive rebounds! they have basically turned missing at the rim into a designed play using geometry and timing to incredible advantage and i will be very surprised if that isn't picked up on by the rest of the league.

Meh, many coaches are never going to advocate crashing the offensive glass.

xnick5757
01-08-2015, 12:47 PM

He's also been one of the better defenders in the league this year at his position, definitely above league average

D-Leethal
01-08-2015, 12:49 PM
Hooray for Free Throws!!!

D-Leethal
01-08-2015, 12:50 PM

Felton and Chandler used to do that. Felton was so bad at finishing but teams would take the lob away, so after the high pick and roll Felton would drive and float it up there knowing he was gonna miss 99% of the time and Tyson would trail and dive for the follow up put back.

Jamiecballer
01-08-2015, 12:50 PM
Meh, many coaches are never going to advocate crashing the offensive glass.

those people are idiotic then. i mean, without somebody who can dance his way to the rim routinely and create advantageous angles then it's not a great strategy but if you have that and choose to ignore data and fresh ideas you are at risk of becoming obsolete in the coaching profession IMO.

Jamiecballer
01-08-2015, 12:53 PM
Felton and Chandler used to do that. Felton was so bad at finishing but teams would take the lob away, so after the high pick and roll Felton would drive and float it up there knowing he was gonna miss 99% of the time and Tyson would trail and dive for the follow up put back.

and why not? that seems like a great strategy and for teams without a lot of offensive firepower it might pay higher dividends than a lot of the carefully orchestrated sets that result in a mediocre player with a mediocre look.

Hawkeye15
01-08-2015, 01:19 PM
those people are idiotic then. i mean, without somebody who can dance his way to the rim routinely and create advantageous angles then it's not a great strategy but if you have that and choose to ignore data and fresh ideas you are at risk of becoming obsolete in the coaching profession IMO.

Pops doesn't send players to crash the offensive glass..

Hawkeye15
01-08-2015, 01:20 PM
He's also been one of the better defenders in the league this year at his position, definitely above league average

I find that very hard to believe, but, as I said, I haven't watched the Rox this year. Had enough of them the last 19 years.

Jamiecballer
01-08-2015, 02:24 PM
Pops doesn't send players to crash the offensive glass..

i find it hard to believe that nobody ever crashes the glass in San Antonio. Pops has some very special coaching gifts that allow him to do other things then. it might be the right move for others with certain players and situations i suppose. still, whether they do it or not in San Antonio doesn't mean that it wouldn't be effective for them although with an aging Duncan it's probably not worth the expenditure of energy. parker is one of those guys though who i could see being extremely good at it though.

Hawkeye15
01-08-2015, 02:26 PM
i find it hard to believe that nobody ever crashes the glass in San Antonio. Pops has some very special coaching gifts that allow him to do other things then. it might be the right move for others with certain players and situations i suppose. still, whether they do it or not in San Antonio doesn't mean that it wouldn't be effective for them although with an aging Duncan it's probably not worth the expenditure of energy. parker is one of those guys though who i could see being extremely good at it though.

Pops generally designates one player to hammer the offensive glass, the other big to get back. Always been that way. Notice many of the best defensive teams (especially transition) are not good offensive rebounding teams, because the law of averages states your opponent will probably score more points than your offensive rebounding will generate.

D-Leethal
01-08-2015, 02:27 PM
I find that very hard to believe, but, as I said, I haven't watched the Rox this year. Had enough of them the last 19 years.

They have a great defensive team this year, of course his defensive metrics are gonna look better. I am sure he is giving a little more effort based on how much flack he got last year and this off season and all of the viral youtube videos lambasting his effort on D, but you can't convince me he is all of a sudden a great defender because he is playing between Beverly and Ariza and has Dwight cleaning up everyones mess in the paint.

Hawkeye15
01-08-2015, 02:29 PM
They have a great defensive team this year, of course his defensive metrics are gonna look better. I am sure he is giving a little more effort based on how much flack he got last year and this off season and all of the viral youtube videos lambasting his effort on D, but you can't convince me he is all of a sudden a great defender because he is playing between Beverly and Ariza and has Dwight cleaning up everyones mess in the paint.

Dwight as an anchor has always made everyone else's metrics look much better.

And yeah, I don't believe for a second Harden is a good defender. Hell, if he even stopped being a laughing stock on that end, it's an acceptable improvement. And of course it helps when you never need to send help to the post, or worry about a lead guard breaking Beverley down off the dribble, you just have to stay with your guy. That is your only assignment...

Jamiecballer
01-08-2015, 02:29 PM
Pops generally designates one player to hammer the offensive glass, the other big to get back. Always been that way. Notice many of the best defensive teams (especially transition) are not good offensive rebounding teams, because the law of averages states your opponent will probably score more points than your offensive rebounding will generate.

you only need one big to slip through while the defense scrambles to grab the offensive board. watch the clip in that article under "functional misses". if you have an offensive player who can create the right angles and has good control over the angle of the attempt it creates a pretty predictable rebound.

Hawkeye15
01-08-2015, 02:30 PM
you only need one big to slip through while the defense scrambles to grab the offensive board. watch the clip in that article under "functional misses". if you have an offensive player who can create the right angles and has good control over the angle of the attempt it creates a pretty predictable rebound.

Moses Malone was the king of "functional misses" haha. Used to just throw it off the glass to himself when he had picked up his dribble and didn't like his location.

Vinylman
01-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Dwight as an anchor has always made everyone else's metrics look much better.

And yeah, I don't believe for a second Harden is a good defender. Hell, if he even stopped being a laughing stock on that end, it's an acceptable improvement. And of course it helps when you never need to send help to the post, or worry about a lead guard breaking Beverley down off the dribble, you just have to stay with your guy. That is your only assignment...

Bingo...

Harden is what he is ... a great scorer

sp6r=underrated
01-08-2015, 07:03 PM
Great article and I too agree with most of the author's position. Harden is maybe the best player in the NBA and one of the most intelligent. The author understands the aesthetic critique of Harden and correctly dismisses it as an attack on Harden's current value. NBA rules currently favor his style of play. Almost all of the advanced stats show Harden is among if not the best player in the NBA.

The author though doesn't seem to understand that the rule book is not static. The NBA made major changes to the rule book in the early to mid point of the last decade because fans grew tired of watching a league without any fast break points. If Harden's style of play catches on and many fans decide to start tuning out the rule book will be changed again. I think it is very likely that the corner three will be eliminated over the next 10-20 years.

The other major error in his article is that a reader would come away with the impression that the Rockets are winning because of a monster offense. In actuality they win because of their defense.

Verbal Christ
01-08-2015, 08:19 PM
Great article and I too agree with most of the author's position. Harden is maybe the best player in the NBA and one of the most intelligent. The author understands the aesthetic critique of Harden and correctly dismisses it as an attack on Harden's current value. NBA rules currently favor his style of play. Almost all of the advanced stats show Harden is among if not the best player in the NBA.

The author though doesn't seem to understand that the rule book is not static. The NBA made major changes to the rule book in the early to mid point of the last decade because fans grew tired of watching a league without any fast break points. If Harden's style of play catches on and many fans decide to start tuning out the rule book will be changed again. I think it is very likely that the corner three will be eliminated over the next 10-20 years.

The other major error in his article is that a reader would come away with the impression that the Rockets are winning because of a monster offense. In actuality they win because of their defense.

Excellent take. Refreshing to have an objective contributor without an agenda or vendetta. Harden passes the eye test, the numbers just validate his play, but it would appear that all the calls to the league office from disgruntled teams is paying off as refs have been swallowing their whistles the last few weeks.

kozelkid
01-09-2015, 03:15 AM
Hmm, Bulls used to use that strategy when Rose was elite as did the early 2000 Sixers. Both were elite defensive teams but had to rely on their smallest player to do almost all the heavy lifting via driving to the basket and either scoring or creating opportunities for the team via second chance points.