PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone want to change their NBA Champion prediction?

Ty Fast
01-06-2015, 04:06 PM
At the start of the year I said Spurs over Cavs but after watching the first half of the season I got to say that I am changing my pick to the Chicago Bulls.

SPURSFAN1
01-06-2015, 04:08 PM
:confused:

2-ONE-5
nope. I picked Warriors over Bulls before the season

Chronz
Definitely a Western team. Im going Clips

goingfor28
01-06-2015, 04:10 PM
Zero clue who will come out of the west. Could realistically be any of the 8 who make it. East will likely be Chi or Cle imo, but Atl and Tor are ballin too. It should be a fun and exciting postseason

abe_froman
01-06-2015, 04:13 PM
nope.i'm good with riding with bulls v. dallas,with my fav team edging it.

bucketss
01-06-2015, 04:14 PM
hard to predict, im gonna go with the spurs. i said thunder before.

Goose17
01-06-2015, 04:16 PM
I said Warriors and I'm sticking with it. Then again I say that every year.

JV35
01-06-2015, 04:18 PM
At the start of the year I said Spurs over Cavs but after watching the first half of the season I got to say that I am changing my pick to the Chicago Bulls.

I still like the Spurs.

But, if I were to consider an alternative, it would be something other than the Bulls.

Thumper 88
01-06-2015, 04:19 PM
Not changing from Mavs vs bulls with Mavs winning

Hawkeye15
01-06-2015, 04:59 PM
I don't even remember if I had a guess...

I would say Clips right now

Hawkeye15
01-06-2015, 04:59 PM
I said Warriors and I'm sticking with it. Then again I say that every year.

even when they were bad?

kdspurman
01-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Still taking a healthy Spurs team. If they reach the level they reached late in the WCF & in the Finals, I don't think that level of play can be matched. May be unrealistic expectations, but we'll see come playoff time.

chi-townlove1
01-06-2015, 05:05 PM
Warriors over Bulls

tredigs
01-06-2015, 05:08 PM
I don't even remember if I had a guess...

I would say Clips right now

How come? I'd have them with maybe the 10th best chance right now.

Still taking a healthy Spurs team. If they reach the level they reached late in the WCF & in the Finals, I don't think that level of play can be matched. May be unrealistic expectations, but we'll see come playoff time.
Probably a fair take.

D-Leethal
01-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Spurs

kdspurman
01-06-2015, 05:15 PM
How come? I'd have them with maybe the 10th best chance right now.

Probably a fair take.

The West is so weird right now. Clips aren't themselves, but you got to think they turn it around and start clicking. I honestly think it's still too early to tell. Lot will change in the next couple months. Especially post all star break, that's when you tend to see what direction a team will go in. Not always of course, but it happens

zadora5
01-06-2015, 05:22 PM
Mavs are gonna win and it's not even close...

Pierzynski4Prez
01-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Bulls vs. Spurs Can't see anyone taking either down over 7 games.

Tough to say who'd win, but would be a great series.

LakersIn5
01-06-2015, 05:32 PM
Thunder over cavs

Raps18-19 Champ
01-06-2015, 05:38 PM
I'll stick it out.

Goose17
01-06-2015, 05:48 PM
The West is so weird right now. Clips aren't themselves, but you got to think they turn it around and start clicking. I honestly think it's still too early to tell. Lot will change in the next couple months. Especially post all star break, that's when you tend to see what direction a team will go in. Not always of course, but it happens

They should trade for a forward. Their wings are all... solid back up players. They could do with a back up big as well. But that wing, mainly the SF. Is lacking. I know Crawford is their bench king but they should really consider moving him for a high caliber SF. If not, they'll probably have to part with Redick. So the SF that they bring in would have to be able to space the floor well too.

Goose17
01-06-2015, 05:50 PM
even when they were bad?

Yep. lol

They're always my first choice. My second choice tends to be the "realistic" option. This might be the first year where my first choice is actually realistic ;)

Kyben36
01-06-2015, 06:03 PM
Warriors over Bulls

Im right with you, the final if this is will come down to 3pt shooting and how well the bulls defend it, or how well the wariors shoot it.

Sanjay
01-06-2015, 06:32 PM

I also had Spurs over Cavs and I'm going to stick with it for now because they still have LeBron. The East is wide open, I think the the Cavs (if they figure it out), Bulls, Raptors and Wizards all have a legitimate shot at making the Finals.

PurpleLynch
01-06-2015, 07:56 PM
Atlanta Hawks. I know,it's absurd,but I want it to happen. It could make a great "underdog"(don't know if it's appropriate in this context) story.

lol, please
01-06-2015, 09:19 PM
Be a man and stick with what you called before the season. Otherwise what's the point in doing so.

Ariza's Better
01-07-2015, 02:42 AM
Yeah, I think I should change my hornets vs clippers pick. I'm going with Bulls over Portland.

BALLER R
01-07-2015, 03:54 AM
Warriors vs bulls, Warriors taking it and I'm sticking to it.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
01-07-2015, 04:03 AM
It would be awesome if the Hawks won haha

If I had to pick 3 teams who could win it all, I would choose Dallas, Warriors, and the Spurs(being my favorites when Kawhi comes back with GSW being a close 2nd).

I think Bulls will come out East but I just feel like Derrick Rose would have to play like a superstar in order for them to win it all and sadly I HIGHLY doubt he does. (I hope I'm wrong though because I would love to see them win it all.)

Lastly I'm very surprised at people picking the Clippers. Clippers are a good team but I think I would pick any team outside the Suns right now in the West playoffs to beat them in a series.

aLau10
01-07-2015, 11:41 AM
Nope keeping my predictions as is.

Bulls vs Mavs - NBA Finals --> Got really lucky with this prediction with Butler and Gasol playing their hearts out and Rondo to Mavs
Raptors - ECF --> Should be on track
Lakers - Playoffs --> Ok maybe this was a bit farfetched...

But Bulls or Mavs are still the two teams I want to and feel like will make the run for the whole thing

Vampirate
01-07-2015, 11:57 AM
I also had Spurs over Cavs and I'm going to stick with it for now because they still have LeBron. The East is wide open, I think the the Cavs (if they figure it out), Bulls, Raptors and Wizards all have a legitimate shot at making the Finals.

I don't know if the Raptors and Cavs have the amount of defense and the Wizards have the amount of offense to beat Chicago.

krazylegz
01-07-2015, 03:04 PM
cavs over trailblazers in 6....please postmark this administrator:):)

Mavsfan2011
01-07-2015, 03:33 PM
vs Atlanta Why Atlanta? Because they are not only beating Elite teams by a large margin but they are doing it both at home and the road. So as of now since its only January those Mavs and Hawks

tredigs
01-07-2015, 03:47 PM
I don't remember making a Finals prediction, just had some thoughts. One was that the Cavs would not be as good as expected (didn't think their D could carry them to the Finals and said they probably wouldn't be a team that would make the WC playoffs). Another was that the Blazers would lose more games than last year (looking WRONG on that: I thought they'd have to fight injury this year which they escaped last season, and would win less of the close games that they escaped with last season. But, their D is also very good now, and they're crushing). Also had the Warriors as contenders after seeing what Kerr was doing with their passing and backdoor movement while maintaining a focus on D in the preseason.

Bulls definitely look like the team to beat in the East at this point. If Rose ever shapes into form, or even accepts a lesser role as a facilitator and 3rd option, they'll be scary good.

Mavsfan2011
01-07-2015, 04:43 PM
I don't remember making a Finals prediction, just had some thoughts. One was that the Cavs would not be as good as expected (didn't think their D could carry them to the Finals and said they probably wouldn't be a team that would make the WC playoffs). Another was that the Blazers would lose more games than last year (looking WRONG on that: I thought they'd have to fight injury this year which they escaped last season, and would win less of the close games that they escaped with last season. But, their D is also very good now, and they're crushing). Also had the Warriors as contenders after seeing what Kerr was doing with their passing and backdoor movement while maintaining a focus on D in the preseason.

Bulls definitely look like the team to beat in the East at this point. If Rose ever shapes into form, or even accepts a lesser role as a facilitator and 3rd option, they'll be scary good.

Better yet STAY HEALTHY!

RLundi
01-07-2015, 05:19 PM
Bulls over Grizzlies.

Sanjay
01-07-2015, 06:12 PM
I don't know if the Raptors and Cavs have the amount of defense and the Wizards have the amount of offense to beat Chicago.

The Raptors and Cavs defenses are definitely their weakest areas. I would have thought the Wizards would also have more problems defensively than offensively (all their starters can score, they are top 4 in assists and top 10 in effective field goal percentage). But, as you say the Bulls are the favorites at the moment. What are your predictions for the Western Conference?

Vampirate
01-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Same order but San Antonio and Houston switching places and Ock getting in 8th place.

I could be dead wrong though, the West is a wild card on where teams will end up and who will beat who. The Warriors do look like the strongest out of the bunch though, then again it's hard to bet against San Antonio when it comes to the playoffs.

jaydubb
01-07-2015, 06:59 PM
Why are people saying the clippers? They've been inconsistent this year, they don't look like NBA champions to me personally.. I'm not saying that they won't win the title, I just don't see it happening and would like to know what other people see in them when they are predicting that they go all the way..?

izmb
01-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Why are people saying the clippers? They've been inconsistent this year, they don't look like NBA champions to me personally.. I'm not saying that they won't win the title, I just don't see it happening and would like to know what other people see in them when they are predicting that they go all the way..?the atlanta hawks are playing some good basketball right now, are they title contenders?

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-07-2015, 07:02 PM
Definitely a Western team. Im going Clips

Lawl, fcs wet dream

kozelkid
01-07-2015, 07:14 PM
the atlanta hawks are playing some good basketball right now, are they title contenders?
I feel like I'm the only non-Hawks fan who thinks so. Honestly, as a Bulls fan, they scare me the most in the East.

jaydubb
01-07-2015, 07:19 PM
the atlanta hawks are playing some good basketball right now, are they title contenders?

Regular season success does not always equal post season success..

That being said, I do think the Hawks are a very good team that does have potential to do some damage in the weak east.

ATX
01-07-2015, 07:27 PM
I don't think I made any predictions aside from stating the obvious; that the Champion will come from the West. For the record I suppose...

Bulls vs. Mavericks