PDA

View Full Version : Waiters Impact on OKC?

Crackadalic
01-05-2015, 11:32 PM
With Waiters now going to OKC what are your thoughts on what he can bring to the team

Discuss

Max.This
01-05-2015, 11:42 PM
With Waiters now going to OKC what are your thoughts on what he can bring to the team

Discuss

I think they wouldve done better if they got shump. Dion waiters likes to shoot the ball and okc has two guys who should take every shot in the game.

smith&wesson
01-05-2015, 11:59 PM
I actually think this move rounds out their roster nicely

WB-Jackson
Waiters-Lamb
Durant-Morrow-Jones
Ibaka-Collison
Adams-Perkins

Tony_Starks
01-06-2015, 12:11 AM
They are going to be a huge problem come playoff time. Westbrook, Waiters, and KD on the break is ridiculous!

bucketss
01-06-2015, 12:15 AM
shump would have been better for them.

PowerHouse
01-06-2015, 12:18 AM
Are they going to start Waiters or have him come off the bench?

Remember they used to have James Harden (way better than Waiters) as 6th man to provide scoring punch off the bench and it worked nicely for them.

D-Leethal
01-06-2015, 12:18 AM
Whole lotta chuckers in the back court. Shump was a prime fit for them, might mean Jackson is on the move because it just seems like too many people that want to put up shots back there for a team with Kevin Durant in the front court.

goingfor28
01-06-2015, 12:20 AM
Westbrook+Waiters=poor KD

D-Leethal
01-06-2015, 12:20 AM
Are they going to start Waiters or have him come off the bench?

Remember they used to have James Harden (way better than Waiters) as 6th man to provide scoring punch off the bench and it worked nicely for them.

Harden was basically the PG when he was in, they didn't have a guy like Jackson who needed the ball off the bench too.

Crackadalic
01-06-2015, 12:22 AM
Waiters off the bench would be best for OKC. Does Waiters want that? Thats where the problem lies

SPURSFAN1
01-06-2015, 02:30 AM
Laughing at anyone that thinks this helps okc. This guy is trash.

JJ_JKidd
01-06-2015, 06:13 AM
OKC beat Spurs in 5

kobebabe
01-06-2015, 07:05 AM
Laughing at anyone that thinks this helps okc. This guy is trash.

This! Dude like to shoot the hell out of the ball. You have Jackson coming off the bench that like to have the ball in his hands as well. they should have traded for Shumpert instead.

SF8
01-06-2015, 07:33 AM
Way too many guys now who need the ball in their hands.

Slimsim
01-06-2015, 07:39 AM
I agree that shumpert would had been a better fit for okc on both sides of the ball Westbrook and shump back court would be fun to watch

PurpleLynch
01-06-2015, 08:07 AM
I really don't like him. Brooks must start to implement some serious offensive plays and a good rotation. Hope he will be just a sixth man with limited minutes,I'd rather have Lamb on the court than him.
I'm just glad he didn't end up as a Laker,when the first tweets about this trade appeared I was scared,knowing Phil,I was betting that he was trying to screw the Lakers with a bad trade,just to get a little revenge on Jim Buss.

FraziersKnicks
01-06-2015, 08:45 AM
I have watched a lot more of Waiters this season and the guy is basically JR Smith 2.0 minus the shooting stroke.

He is hot garbage.

Jamiecballer
01-06-2015, 09:47 AM
Prognosis - negative

5ass
01-06-2015, 09:56 AM
I hate it for okc.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-06-2015, 10:34 AM
Front page of hoopshype mentioned Thunder were interested in Brook Lopez for Perkins deal. Then when I went to click on it sent me to Knicks wanting Marc Gasol. So who knows? Have to dig around for that rumor of Lopez for Perkins. Maybe Perkins and Lamb for Lopez? Or maybe Reggie Jackson?

Sanjay
01-06-2015, 06:53 PM
I hate it for okc.

I agree. Even though the Thunder got Waiters for nothing, he may have a negative impact on the team because they already have Westbrook who is out of control sometimes, Durant will get even less of the ball.

KnicksorBust
01-06-2015, 06:58 PM
Waiters fits the JR Smith, Josh Smith, (pre-Dallas) Monta Ellis mold. Might be more trouble than hes worth.

tredigs
01-06-2015, 07:50 PM
I hate the idea of adding a selfish non-tested youngin' to a playoff battled roster looking to win this season. It's too bad they didn't get Shumpert. Could really use some more wing D with Sef gone.

R. Johnson#3
01-06-2015, 07:56 PM
2014: Only player who can stop Kevin Durant is Russell Westbrook
2015: Only player who can completely shut down Kevin Durant is Dion Waiters

MTar786
01-06-2015, 08:14 PM
whoever thinks this doesnt improve okc is just crazy. waiters may nt be the best player but he is good.. especialy if his role will be coming off the bench to add a scoring punch. two guys cant be all the scorers you have. you need atleast 1 more guy to score so the other two dont have so much pressure. ibaka is a comp player. hes not a go to option really. IMO waiters and jackson legitimize okc bench now. Im not gonna say waiters makes them contenders to win it all.. but by him coming the team has become more well rounded which IMO will ultimately get them a good shot at the title THIS season. (if they make the playoffs)

Raps18-19 Champ
01-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Good thing Durant is taking less shots this year.

Jamiecballer
01-06-2015, 08:56 PM
whoever thinks this doesnt improve okc is just crazy. waiters may nt be the best player but he is good.. especialy if his role will be coming off the bench to add a scoring punch. two guys cant be all the scorers you have. you need atleast 1 more guy to score so the other two dont have so much pressure. ibaka is a comp player. hes not a go to option really. IMO waiters and jackson legitimize okc bench now. Im not gonna say waiters makes them contenders to win it all.. but by him coming the team has become more well rounded which IMO will ultimately get them a good shot at the title THIS season. (if they make the playoffs)
So basically everyone but you is crazy huh

R. Johnson#3
01-06-2015, 09:35 PM

Do you not remember how Dion feels about coming off the bench?

Sssmush
01-07-2015, 01:04 AM

Discuss

Great for OKC. Finally gives them a replacement for Harden, and with all their other pieces gets them more or less to where they were. They could use another shot blocking center and maybe the best in the West by the time the playoffs start.

goingfor28
01-07-2015, 01:10 AM
So basically everyone but you is crazy huh
Lol

nbafanofall
01-07-2015, 04:09 AM
Hey guys I am new to the forum and unable to post my own threads as a newbie/rook.
I do not mean to hijack this thread by any means. I did however want to point out that this whole trade and to whom benefited the most (specifically whether or not Waiters brings something OKC needs and on the flip what if anything JR can do for the Cavs which are both interesting questions that nobody can even have a likely/probable answer to) it was all discussed in detail in the newest episode of a brand new NBA Podcast I am interning for called - Pooh on Sports NBA Podcast. They drop a new 'cast every friday at 5pm just in time for your commute home.

A little bit about the podcast for those who are interested (I stole this off of their Reddit Page):
Pooh on Sports NBA Podcast is a Podcast hosted by The Rapper Big Pooh formerly of Little Brother. The legendary hip hop group Little Brother consisted of 9th Wonder (the producer of the group who is also known for his work with Jay Z, Destiny's Child, Erykah Badu etc) & Emcees Phonte (also of The Foreign Exchange with producer Nicolay) & Rapper Big Pooh. Little Brother has worked with the likes of Kanye West, Drake, Lil Wayne and many more. 1/3 of the now dismantled group, Rapper Big Pooh, has now along with co-hosts Drew Hepburn & Vince Po started a weekly NBA Podcast. The podcast features the latest in NBA news, trades and rumors. The weekly 'cast also features the hottest tracks currently in independent hip hop. J.E Skeets formerly of the Basketball Jones and currently of NBA TV's The Starters is a supporter of the show and is likely going to appear on a later episode as a guest. As the show progresses the addition of a guest host or interview will be worked into the program. Rumored as guests are many legendary names in Hip Hop such as - Phife Dawg from A Tribe Called Quest, Truck North of The Roots Crew, 9th Wonder, Bun B of UGK, R&B singer Anthony David and many many more and current NBA players - Jabari Parker & John Wall are also rumored to be in the works. The show can be found on all major podcast apps and sites as well as at their soundcloud page - https://soundcloud.com/poohonsports You can also find and follow the show on social media - https://www.facebook.com/poohonsports https://twitter.com/poohonsports
Remember to rate, follow and subscribe. Also remember to tell a friend to tell a friend to tell a friend and help support authentic sports talk & real hip hop.

JJ_JKidd
01-07-2015, 05:24 AM
Hey guys I am new to the forum and unable to post my own threads as a newbie/rook.
I do not mean to hijack this thread by any means. I did however want to point out that this whole trade and to whom benefited the most (specifically whether or not Waiters brings something OKC needs and on the flip what if anything JR can do for the Cavs which are both interesting questions that nobody can even have a likely/probable answer to) it was all discussed in detail in the newest episode of a brand new NBA Podcast I am interning for called - Pooh on Sports NBA Podcast. They drop a new 'cast every friday at 5pm just in time for your commute home.

A little bit about the podcast for those who are interested (I stole this off of their Reddit Page):
Pooh on Sports NBA Podcast is a Podcast hosted by The Rapper Big Pooh formerly of Little Brother. The legendary hip hop group Little Brother consisted of 9th Wonder (the producer of the group who is also known for his work with Jay Z, Destiny's Child, Erykah Badu etc) & Emcees Phonte (also of The Foreign Exchange with producer Nicolay) & Rapper Big Pooh. Little Brother has worked with the likes of Kanye West, Drake, Lil Wayne and many more. 1/3 of the now dismantled group, Rapper Big Pooh, has now along with co-hosts Drew Hepburn & Vince Po started a weekly NBA Podcast. The podcast features the latest in NBA news, trades and rumors. The weekly 'cast also features the hottest tracks currently in independent hip hop. J.E Skeets formerly of the Basketball Jones and currently of NBA TV's The Starters is a supporter of the show and is likely going to appear on a later episode as a guest. As the show progresses the addition of a guest host or interview will be worked into the program. Rumored as guests are many legendary names in Hip Hop such as - Phife Dawg from A Tribe Called Quest, Truck North of The Roots Crew, 9th Wonder, Bun B of UGK, R&B singer Anthony David and many many more and current NBA players - Jabari Parker & John Wall are also rumored to be in the works. The show can be found on all major podcast apps and sites as well as at their soundcloud page - https://soundcloud.com/poohonsports You can also find and follow the show on social media - https://www.facebook.com/poohonsports https://twitter.com/poohonsports
Remember to rate, follow and subscribe. Also remember to tell a friend to tell a friend to tell a friend and help support authentic sports talk & real hip hop.

This is the real impact!

cahawk
01-08-2015, 03:13 AM
Does not fit for OKC, but could be a scorer off the bench with 2nd unit.
Great shooter that takes poor % shots & if playing with KD & Westbrook will think nothing of taking shots away from them. Not much on defense.

amak316
01-08-2015, 04:03 AM
really gives them a nice boost in 2k. He's a bad man in that game.

SF8
01-11-2015, 04:30 AM
Dion Waiters could not wear Nos. 1 or 3 when he joined the Oklahoma City Thunder via trade, so he decided to wear No. 13.

However, Waiters said he was told not to wear No. 13, which was worn by James Harden with the Thunder before his trade to the Houston Rockets in 2013.

“They didn’t want me to wear 13,” Waiters said. “…Guess they wanted me to have my own identity.”

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-thunder-who-is-still-hung-up-on-james-harden/article/5382795?custom_click=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

GoferKing_
01-11-2015, 06:20 PM
Waiters in OKC suddenly makes him a good player?

Verbal Christ
01-12-2015, 12:42 AM
Could OKC fan vouche for the rumor that when Waiters asked for number 13 they told him "no, thats James' number" ?

Edit: Derp. Reading is fundamental.

I find that kinda creepy though, like Harden is gone, move on ya know?

KingoftheFall
01-12-2015, 01:11 AM
I really see waiters as a poor mans Harden. IDK it could work out well, and he could be the remedy OKC has been looking for.... or it could turn out horrendous. Contrary to what many of you think here, I think that waiters fits perfectly with OKC's system. They don't really have an offensive system other than Westbrook-Durant ISO/Create when-shot-not-available, so waiters could be that third option they have been looking for.

Sadds The Gr8
01-12-2015, 02:06 AM
Nothing. He sucks