PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Dirk

Young2Kinsler
01-05-2015, 11:08 PM
Passes Moses Malone for 7th all time in NBA scoring. Pretty remarkable. Shaq is up next, but it will take a little while since he is roughly 1200 points ahead.

Shareeb_omac2
01-05-2015, 11:18 PM
Damn could you imagine if Dirk wins a championship this year or next and then finishes 6th on the all time scoring list and retires? He'd have a pretty unique legacy.

Still an awesome legacy regardless.

TheNumber37
01-05-2015, 11:21 PM
Damn could you imagine if Dirk wins a championship this year or next and then finishes 6th on the all time scoring list and retires? He'd have a pretty unique legacy.

No, but you can.

still1ballin
01-05-2015, 11:26 PM
Do the LT

:dance:

Thumper 88
01-05-2015, 11:57 PM
Dirk is awesome!

Shammyguy3
01-06-2015, 01:07 AM
Dirk will go down as one of the least appreciated superstars of his time

gatkins11
01-06-2015, 01:09 AM

Truth.

jerellh528
01-06-2015, 01:10 AM
Whoa didn't know he was so high on the list. Congrats dirk

Raps18-19 Champ
01-06-2015, 01:20 AM
Cool.

JV35
01-06-2015, 01:20 AM
Passes Moses Malone for 7th all time in NBA scoring. Pretty remarkable. Shaq is up next, but it will take a little while since he is roughly 1200 points ahead.

If he plays 2 more (healthy) years after this, he'll blow by Shaq and go past the 30,000 barrier.

TrueFan420
01-06-2015, 03:41 AM

So true

PurpleLynch
01-06-2015, 08:02 AM
Congrats Dirk,you will be the best european player to ever graced a Nba's court,no doubt.

FraziersKnicks
01-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Congrats Dirk, such a remarkably unique player who's always carried himself with such respect.

Got a lot of love for the big German.

Thumper 88
01-06-2015, 10:15 AM
Congrats Dirk, such a remarkably unique player who's always carried himself with such respect.

Got a lot of love for the big German.

So true..

Does everyone here think that Dirk is probably the most liked NBA (active) player around the general fan bases?

nickdymez
01-06-2015, 11:07 AM
I'm happy for Dirk man. One of my favorite players ever

YAALREADYKNO
01-06-2015, 02:51 PM
2nd greatest power forward of all time. Most underrated superstar of all time

ManningToTyree
01-06-2015, 02:58 PM
Love dirk awesome achievement

YAALREADYKNO
01-06-2015, 03:07 PM

he should've gotten 2 already smh still breaks my heart the mavs didn't get it done in 06

Young2Kinsler
01-06-2015, 09:19 PM
If he plays 2 more (healthy) years after this, he'll blow by Shaq and go past the 30,000 barrier.

I think he will pass Shaq barring something nuts. 30K is probably a stretch. Hell if Dirk wins a ring this year I could see him riding off into the sunset(maybe)

izmb
01-06-2015, 09:23 PM
So true..

Does everyone here think that Dirk is probably the most liked NBA (active) player around the general fan bases?i do not think opposing teams enjoy going against the monster dirk nowitzki

KnicksorBust
01-06-2015, 09:38 PM

I love that this is being said after he passes Moses Malone.

Spacolie716
01-06-2015, 09:55 PM
So true..

Does everyone here think that Dirk is probably the most liked NBA (active) player around the general fan bases?

Yes. As a Bucks fan, I'm so mad we didn't get to keep him when we drafted him.. Imagine that!

Shammyguy3
01-06-2015, 10:12 PM

Same thing can be said about Malone. Emphasis on the "...of his time" part mind you

KnicksorBust
01-06-2015, 10:38 PM

Same thing can be said about Malone. Emphasis on the "...of his time" part mind you

Glad you got my point.

Shammyguy3
01-06-2015, 11:19 PM
Glad you got my point.

Don't talk about points like that, rude.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-06-2015, 11:56 PM
Remember when BB41 said he's suck Dirk's dick?

El Topo
01-07-2015, 12:05 AM
Dirk's shooting form is a model for every basketball player.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-07-2015, 12:07 AM
Dirk's shooting form is a model for every basketball player.

Don't think his awkward shot is for everyone.

Thumper 88
01-07-2015, 12:22 AM

After Dirk won the ship I said "I would birth his babies" he just has that Ora about him lol

WVNowitzki
01-07-2015, 12:36 AM
he should've gotten 2 already smh still breaks my heart the mavs didn't get it done in 06

You and me both dude. It will be a sad sad day when this man hangs it up. I'm cherishing every last game I get to see of his. My favorite athlete of all time.

Sandman
01-07-2015, 12:55 AM
I think Dirk gets the credit he should, he just doesn't get dickridden like some other players.

He has an MVP, thats a very short list. He also won a title as the Batman without a Robin and people know that.

He is a top 5-10 player of his era (depending on what you define as 'his era') and the 3rd best PF behind Duncan and KG.

BKdoubleStacker
01-07-2015, 04:20 AM

Better than Malone, Garnett, Barkley?

Shlumpledink
01-07-2015, 04:36 AM
One of the all-time greats, and he's not even highly regarded now by a lot of fans. It shows how deep the league is. Criminally underrated.

sturm
01-07-2015, 07:06 AM
*Das German Wunderkind* -basically a true german blood. they are just doing their job. with hard work and strong discipline. there is alot to learn the youngers from him.

RESPECT!

Thumper 88
01-07-2015, 09:35 AM
I have him above kg, Barkley ATM.

xgnxhjh
01-07-2015, 11:31 AM
Passes Moses Malone for 7th all time in NBA scoring. Pretty remarkable. Shaq is up next, but it will take a little while since he is roughly 1200 points ahead. http://ehealthca.com/hu12uk1.jpg http://ehealthca.com/ipad/images/123.gif

nickdymez
01-07-2015, 01:35 PM

Those are the only 4 ahead of him.

Hawkeye15
01-07-2015, 02:07 PM

4th greatest PF of all time. The Chuckster and KG are still ahead of him for me.

Hawkeye15
01-07-2015, 02:08 PM
such a crazy unique game though. Love Dirk

Shammyguy3
01-07-2015, 02:11 PM
4th greatest PF of all time. The Chuckster and KG are still ahead of him for me.
I'm guessing you put Duncan as a PF then, right?

PurpleLynch
01-07-2015, 02:44 PM
Duncan
Barkley
Garnett
Nowitzki

If Dirk leads his team to another championship I think the number two spot will be well deserved though.

Hawkeye15
01-07-2015, 02:55 PM
I'm guessing you put Duncan as a PF then, right?

correct. Even though we both know he has played a huge portion of his career at C.

Honestly, I would prefer to call them bigs, wings, and lead guards. Why not just group them together?

Hawkeye15
01-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Duncan
Barkley
Garnett
Nowitzki

If Dirk leads his team to another championship I think the number two spot will be well deserved though.

that is my exact order as well. Barkley was SUCH a beast offensively, and KG was just so dominant on both ends, and as a passer.

YAALREADYKNO
01-07-2015, 03:35 PM

yessir. Those other power forwards are probably more talented than Dirk as far as rebounding and defending but Dirk has led his team to a championship and only 1 of 4 players to avg 25 & 10 in the playoffs. He steps his game up in the playoffs and although he only has 1 ring to show for it there's only really 2-3 playoff series in his whole career you can actually say that Dirk under performed.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-07-2015, 03:39 PM
I think Dirk gets the credit he should, he just doesn't get dickridden like some other players.

He has an MVP, thats a very short list. He also won a title as the Batman without a Robin and people know that.

He is a top 5-10 player of his era (depending on what you define as 'his era') and the 3rd best PF behind Duncan and KG.

Jason Terry played the role of Robin (18 PPG on 50% and 40% from 3) in the finals. That's as good as any really for a 2nd option.

YAALREADYKNO
01-07-2015, 03:48 PM

I cant put KG ahead of him because of KG's playoff failures in MN and I know he didn't have the greatest supporting cast around him but it took him 6 yrs to get out of the first round and in 04-05 let a pau gasol led Memphis team get the 8th spot in the playoffs.

Hawkeye15
01-07-2015, 03:56 PM
I cant put KG ahead of him because of KG's playoff failures in MN and I know he didn't have the greatest supporting cast around him but it took him 6 yrs to get out of the first round and I forget which yr but one yr he missed the playoffs to a pau gasol led Memphis grizzlies team.

people forget how beast Barkley was. And he elevated in the playoffs to nearly unstoppable many years.

If you base your rankings of individual players off team success, I will never agree. The only reason I don't think KG has a comfortable margin over Dirk (do people really forget he was an all-world defender for his peak?), was that he just didn't play, individually, even better once the playoffs started.

Garnett just had more impact on a basketball game than Dirk.

YAALREADYKNO
01-07-2015, 04:04 PM
people forget how beast Barkley was. And he elevated in the playoffs to nearly unstoppable many years.

If you base your rankings of individual players off team success, I will never agree. The only reason I don't think KG has a comfortable margin over Dirk (do people really forget he was an all-world defender for his peak?), was that he just didn't play, individually, even better once the playoffs started.

and Dirk didn't elevate his game in the playoffs? If you're basing it off of just individual talent then like I said all those power forwards you named and even maybe kevin McHale are more talented than Dirk, but if you're basing off individual talent a case could be made that Malone was more talented than Duncan. Saying team success doesn't matter is just blasphemous. This isn't one on one. Basketball is a team game and Dirk has done more than those guys team wise leading his team to 10+ yrs of 50+ wins 2 finals appearances and ultimately an NBA championship.

Hawkeye15
01-07-2015, 04:38 PM
and Dirk didn't elevate his game in the playoffs? If you're basing it off of just individual talent then like I said all those power forwards you named and even maybe kevin McHale are more talented than Dirk, but if you're basing off individual talent a case could be made that Malone was more talented than Duncan. Saying team success doesn't matter is just blasphemous. This isn't one on one. Basketball is a team game and Dirk has done more than those guys team wise leading his team to 10+ yrs of 50+ wins 2 finals appearances and ultimately an NBA championship.

I am basing it off positive impact. Garnett was more impactful, because not only did he score 20+ a night, he owned the boards, was the teams best passer, and an elite defender.

Malone is a product of longevity over peak. I have gone round and round on this topic, I can't be swayed. I have KG over Dirk. If you don't, that is up to you, I was simply explaining my reasoning.

YAALREADYKNO
01-07-2015, 04:45 PM
I am basing it off positive impact. Garnett was more impactful, because not only did he score 20+ a night, he owned the boards, was the teams best passer, and an elite defender.

Malone is a product of longevity over peak. I have gone round and round on this topic, I can't be swayed. I have KG over Dirk. If you don't, that is up to you, I was simply explaining my reasoning.

l I'll take the guy who was more clutch than both of those guys you just named and a guy who actually stepped his game up in the playoffs (you know when the games actually matter)

Thumper 88
01-07-2015, 05:46 PM
Jason Terry played the role of Robin (18 PPG on 50% and 40% from 3) in the finals. That's as good as any really for a 2nd option.
Just no... Jason is no pippen/robin

YAALREADYKNO
01-08-2015, 04:22 PM
Just no... Jason is no pippen/robin

agreed

Chronz
01-08-2015, 04:28 PM
yessir. Those other power forwards are probably more talented than Dirk as far as rebounding and defending but Dirk has led his team to a championship and only 1 of 4 players to avg 25 & 10 in the playoffs. He steps his game up in the playoffs and although he only has 1 ring to show for it there's only really 2-3 playoff series in his whole career you can actually say that Dirk under performed.

what series are those btw?

YAALREADYKNO
01-08-2015, 05:16 PM
what series are those btw?

golden state which was his worse even though he still averaged 19 & 11 just wasn't MVP level
The heat in 06 in which he struggled shooting the ball
and there's probably one against the kings earlier in his career

Mr.B
01-09-2015, 02:38 AM

Ahead of Garnett and Barkley but not Malone. I have Dirk 3rd behind only Duncan and Malone.

Mr.B
01-09-2015, 02:44 AM

I have Dirk over KG and a lot of my reasoning has to do with their head to head matchups. Dirk always got the better of KG when they played each other. KG was definitely an all world defender but he could never figure Dirk out.

BlondeBomber41
01-09-2015, 02:45 AM

It wouldn't even be a gay thing. He's just given me a decade and a half of wonderful moments and I feel like I'd owe him, if he asked. He'd have to ask nicely though.

Shareeb_omac2
01-09-2015, 03:22 AM
I feel like a lot of people never really saw that much or just don't remember 2002-2006 Dirk. Yeah he wasn't the best defender but he dropped 30 and 10 regularly and created the most lopsided offensive advantages for those around him. It's impossible to say his impact on the game overall wasn't as strong as KG because he affected his teams differently. I mean Dallas was a fixture in the playoffs for Dirks entire career. You can't say that about KG.

IBleedPurple
01-09-2015, 03:56 AM
Congrats to diggler.

Watching Duncan and Dirk through their entire careers, I have a feeling most will appreciate them more when they retire tbh. Both underrated and all time greats.

YAALREADYKNO
01-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Ahead of Garnett and Barkley but not Malone. I have Dirk 3rd behind only Duncan and Malone.

Dirk>malone

Thumper 88
01-09-2015, 10:39 AM

Same.

I'll move Dirk up a spot if he gets anther ship or 30k

I'll only move Dirk ahead of Duncan if he gets 2 more ships and passes wilt with reaching 12k rebounds.

Have to remember Duncan was also a C for a lot of his career (not taking anything away from Duncan at all)

YAALREADYKNO
I feel like a lot of people never really saw that much or just don't remember 2002-2006 Dirk. Yeah he wasn't the best defender but he dropped 30 and 10 regularly and created the most lopsided offensive advantages for those around him. It's impossible to say his impact on the game overall wasn't as strong as KG because he affected his teams differently. I mean Dallas was a fixture in the playoffs for Dirks entire career. You can't say that about KG.

forreals and they just wanna ignore the fact that the man elevates himself in the playoffs smh

Thumper 88
Congrats to diggler.

Watching Duncan and Dirk through their entire careers, I have a feeling most will appreciate them more when they retire tbh. Both underrated and all time greats.

Yes it has been

AnthonyTyrael2
01-09-2015, 12:04 PM
KG is the far better defender, superior passer and has about 4,500 more rebounds at his side and player only about 100 more games than Dirk He had the more spectacular game.

Both differ in their leadership.

Dirk's a stretch 4, though not much about rebounding at all,still one of the fest defensive rebounders of his generation but in the playoffs, he gave you Kevin Love like stats (32 & 15-17) all the time and that against great competion in both, opposing teams and players at his position. He faced the Lakers and Spurs dynasty almost each and every year. Duncan, surrounded with better talent, won 5 titles. And those games were battles most times.

His shooting skills are unmatched for a seven footer, from everywhere. Also KGs drop off and the last years of his career are worse than Dirks.

It's alway said that Dirk is in the rare 25-10 club for career averages in the Playoffs...true but he won't be in it at the end of his career. So that takes away a little of bis legacy.

However, at the end of this season he will finally join the 10,000 rebound club and will retire above 30,000 career points scored. Sadly he won't move up high enough in three pointers made and he only got one ship and MVP. He should have one more (ship and MVP) but KG wasn't granted a second MVP thropy either.

YAALREADYKNO
01-09-2015, 01:42 PM
KG is the far better defender, superior passer and has about 4,500 more rebounds at his side and player only about 100 more games than Dirk He had the more spectacular game.

Dirk's a stretch 4, though not much about rebounding at all,still one of the fest defensive rebounders of his generation but in the playoffs, he gave you Kevin Love like stats (32 & 15-17) all the time and that against great competion in both, opposing teams and players at his position. He faced the Lakers and Spurs dynasty almost each and every year. Duncan, surrounded with better talent, won 5 titles. And those games were battles most times.

His shooting skills are unmatched for a seven footer, from everywhere. Also KGs drop off and the last years of his career are worse than Dirks.

It's alway said that Dirk is in the rare 25-10 club for career averages in the Playoffs...true but he won't be in it at the end of his career. So that takes away a little of bis legacy.

However, at the end of this season he will finally join the 10,000 rebound club and will retire above 30,000 career points scored. Sadly he won't move up high enough in three pointers made and he only got one ship and MVP. He should have one more (ship and MVP) but KG wasn't granted a second MVP thropy either.

Well said

Mr.B
01-09-2015, 02:31 PM

I wouldn't say KG is a far better passer than Dirk. Dirk is also a really good laser for a big man. Both are two of the better passing big men of their eras though. I just point again to the head to head matchups. That's why I have Dirk over KG. Also the fact that Dirk continued to develop his game and added new tricks well into his 30's.

As for Malone, I think most of you guys forget how great he was. Malone in his prime was a better scorer, rebounder, and defender than both Dirk and KG. Head to head he dominated both. If it wasn't for the fact that he had to go against Jordan's Bulls in the Finals he would have at very least 1 ring.

YAALREADYKNO
01-09-2015, 02:34 PM
I wouldn't say KG is a far better passer than Dirk. Dirk is also a really good laser for a big man. Both are two of the better passing big men of their eras though. I just point again to the head to head matchups. That's why I have Dirk over KG. Also the fact that Dirk continued to develop his game and added new tricks well into his 30's.

As for Malone, I think most of you guys forget how great he was. Malone in his prime was a better scorer, rebounder, and defender than both Dirk and KG. Head to head he dominated both. If it wasn't for the fact that he had to go against Jordan's Bulls in the Finals he would have at very least 1 ring.

cry me a river about Jordan and the bulls. Jordan retired for 2 yrs and he still fell short. He had a top 5 PG a center who was a 2x defensive player of the yr and only appeared in 2 finals appearances while winning none.

Mr.B
01-09-2015, 02:35 PM
cry me a river about Jordan and the bulls. Jordan retired for 2 yrs and he still fell short. He had a top 5 PG a center who was a 2x defensive player of the yr and only appeared in 2 finals appearances while winning none.

That's what keeps him from being better than Duncan.

YAALREADYKNO
01-09-2015, 03:00 PM
That's what keeps him from being better than Duncan.

and you just gonna over look what Dirk has done smh

Mr.B
01-09-2015, 03:12 PM
and you just gonna over look what Dirk has done smh

I'm not overlooking what Dirk has done. Like I said, I have him as the 3rd best PF of all time. That's not exactly overlooking Dirk. Look at where Dirk has made it to on the all-time scoring list. He will eventually pass Shaq and should be close to Wilt when his career is done. Now look at how far ahead of Dirk where Malone is in that same list. It is absolutely insane how many points Malone has. Until Duncan got his second title Malone was widely considered the best PF of all time.

YAALREADYKNO
01-09-2015, 06:34 PM
I'm not overlooking what Dirk has done. Like I said, I have him as the 3rd best PF of all time. That's not exactly overlooking Dirk. Look at where Dirk has made it to on the all-time scoring list. He will eventually pass Shaq and should be close to Wilt when his career is done. Now look at how far ahead of Dirk where Malone is in that same list. It is absolutely insane how many points Malone has. Until Duncan got his second title Malone was widely considered the best PF of all time.

LOL you're just looking at the regular season numbers man smh. If you wanna talk about numbers just look at their playoff numbers. Dirks increased while Malone's decreased. He could just never take it up another notch in the playoffs. All those points and what did it get him in the playoffs? (you know when the games really count)

YAALREADYKNO
01-09-2015, 10:49 PM
Congrats to diggler.

No doubt about that