PDA

View Full Version : Bucks Larry Sanders informs team he no longer wishes to play basketball

spreadeagle
01-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Larry Sanders recently told some members of the Milwaukee Bucks' front office that he doesn't want to play basketball anymore, according to sources.

Sanders is in the first season of a four-year, $44 million extension and hasn't played in the past six games.

Jason Kidd initially told the media that Sanders had the flu, but he said on Friday he was away for "personal reasons."

Some friends of Sanders told Woelfel last summer that he wasn't committed to basketball and was interested in exploring other options.

A Bucks official said the team had attempted to trade Sanders, along with Brandon Knight, to the Pacers last summer for Roy Hibbert.

It's hardly a secret Bucks have been trying to trade Sanders.Asked f the Bucks could trade Sanders now, an NBA official said: "Good luck.'' https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/status/552203917636169728

jaydubb
01-05-2015, 05:47 PM
Wow..

Cal827
01-05-2015, 05:50 PM
You're kidding me :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
01-05-2015, 05:53 PM
soooooooooooooooooo, Larry, what other job with your intelligence level are you going to make $11 million a year doing?

****ing idiot if this is true

jaydubb
01-05-2015, 05:58 PM
soooooooooooooooooo, Larry, what other job with your intelligence level are you going to make $11 million a year doing?

Yea my thoughts exactly.. If he didn't want to play ball just ****in wait out the rest of the contract cuz he's throwing away like $33 million.. Most people don't even make 1/10 that in a lifetime let alone in 3 years.

lakerfan85
01-05-2015, 05:58 PM

Lol!!

Vampirate
01-05-2015, 06:03 PM
This guy has thrown future millions and millions out the door if this is true. I bet he'll be broke by his own doing sometime in the future if he's this dumb.

bucketss
01-05-2015, 06:20 PM
maybe hes going through depression.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-05-2015, 06:30 PM
Mod's lock this up Gery Woelfel isn't a legit source. I already did all the quotes in the other Larry Sanders thread. No need for multiple Larry Sanders threads.

GunFactor187
01-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Andrew Bynum Part Deux. Smh...

abe_froman
01-05-2015, 06:39 PM
alright,have a good life

FraziersKnicks
01-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Wow... He must have some serious things going on if he doesn't wanna get paid $11m a year to play basketball.

He earns twice the full-time minimum american wage worker does in a year... IN ONE DAY. And to top it off when he puts his mind to it he's very good at his job and gets 6 month paid holiday a year. I don't know what other options you want to explore Larry but I can't imagine any of them even being close to that haha.

Goose17
01-05-2015, 07:02 PM
There must be more to this. Personal reason or whatever. Nobody throws away that amount of money due to apathy.

*Silver&Black*
01-05-2015, 07:09 PM
It's cool Bucks, I'll take his spot for 10% of what he is making.

Goose17
01-05-2015, 07:09 PM
My theories;

1. He's suffering from depression or some form of mental illness.

2. He hates Milwaukee, is going to retire then come back out of retirement next season and join a contender.

3. He's thinking about his children's graduation 18 years from now.

BKLYNpigeon
01-05-2015, 07:11 PM
so what. he lost his passion to play.

he should just retire and forfeit his contract.

Nighthawk
01-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Is sanders off the weed??? Give this man a joint!!!!

PurpleLynch
01-05-2015, 07:46 PM
My theories;

2. He hates Milwaukee, is going to retire then come back out of retirement next season and join a contender.

N.3! ahaha

Anyway,I think you nailed it with n.1...it's just too strange a decision like that. Or maybe the source is just spewing BS to have his 15 minutes of fame.

HoopsDrive
01-05-2015, 09:01 PM
It's cool Bucks, I'll take his spot for 10% of what he is making.

I'll raise your offer and do it for 1%, that's still good money :laugh2:

On topic, if I had to bet it would a mental illness of some sort

AlixGx
01-05-2015, 09:12 PM
Larry Sander's agent has dismissed the tweet saying "I saw that tweet. It's not accurate at all. Rumor unsubstantiated."

Then Jason Kidd says Larry Sanders will be back in the next couple of days, possibly as early as tomorrow.

PurpleLynch
01-05-2015, 09:16 PM
Larry Sander's agent has dismissed the tweet saying "I saw that tweet. It's not accurate at all. Rumor unsubstantiated."

Then Jason Kidd says Larry Sanders will be back in the next couple of days, possibly as early as tomorrow.

Well...my doubt was correct after all.But let's get back to that blockbuster trade that Phil Jackson pulled out of his magician hat.

Tony_Starks
01-05-2015, 10:36 PM
Larry Sanders recently told some members of the Milwaukee Bucks' front office that he doesn't want to play basketball anymore, according to sources.

Sanders is in the first season of a four-year, $44 million extension and hasn't played in the past six games.

Jason Kidd initially told the media that Sanders had the flu, but he said on Friday he was away for "personal reasons."

Some friends of Sanders told Woelfel last summer that he wasn't committed to basketball and was interested in exploring other options.

A Bucks official said the team had attempted to trade Sanders, along with Brandon Knight, to the Pacers last summer for Roy Hibbert.

It's hardly a secret Bucks have been trying to trade Sanders.Asked f the Bucks could trade Sanders now, an NBA official said: "Good luck.'' https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/status/552203917636169728

Hold up,did that NBA official really straight go TAKEN with the "good luck?"

Shady66
01-05-2015, 10:47 PM
This is what happens larry.

Romo2Bryant
01-06-2015, 02:56 AM
What are the chances Bucks' releases Sanders?

ROY 2 MVP Braun
01-06-2015, 03:49 AM
What are the chances Bucks' releases Sanders?
I'd say 0%

ROY 2 MVP Braun
01-06-2015, 03:50 AM
I also don't believe we offered up knight and sanders for hibbert if we did Larry Bird would have packed Roys bags for him

Saddletramp
01-06-2015, 05:24 AM
My theories;

Best thing I've seen in awhile. Nice .

This is what happens larry.

Also nice.

GoferKing_
01-06-2015, 06:38 AM
maybe hes going through depression.

Depression? He got it all... 11mln a year... he can afford a good shrink. It's always funny to hear that a rich dude suffers from "depression"...

PurpleLynch
01-06-2015, 07:47 AM
Depression? He got it all... 11mln a year... he can afford a good shrink. It's always funny to hear that a rich dude suffers from "depression"...

Was it funny when Robin Williams killed himself for depression? He was also a "rich dude",but he was depressed anyway. I understand that it's hard to understand why a man could be depressed while he gets all of that money,but it happens and it's the same illness anyone could experience,poor or rich.

muelly
01-06-2015, 08:34 AM
Sanders is being sued and attempting a road to recovery attempting to rehash his image best possible. Certainly not something I can relate to, I wish him the best. Players such as Knight/Giannis have let it be known the positive influence Larry has been to them. I believe this is more of an awful media writer trying to once again attack Larry when given a chance.

I've long supported Larry and I don't believe any of this. When he plays the game his energy and passion is matched by few even if sometimes over the top.

And that trade rumor Gery posted is laughable too. The cost to shed Sanders after an abysmal year on and off the court should not also cost Knight. Especially when the return is a player on a worse contract, who hit rock bottom as a player himself last year.

asandhu23
01-06-2015, 08:44 AM
He's probably tired of Milwaukee weather.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-06-2015, 09:15 AM
Shocked this thread is still going. Said Woelfel was bogus to begin with. Already had it all quoted and state in other Sanders thread. Yet everyone skipped over Bucks fans that knew what's going on and kept thinking oh Sanders will be traded on pennies on the dollar.

muelly
01-06-2015, 09:26 AM
Shocked this thread is still going. Said Woelfel was bogus to begin with. Already had it all quoted and state in other Sanders thread. Yet everyone skipped over Bucks fans that knew what's going on and kept thinking oh Sanders will be traded on pennies on the dollar.

Maybe us Bucks fans should start one about Lebron to void the attention.

"Cavs insiders suggest Lebron isn't actually in pain but has taken a great interest in the Dallas Cowboys success, and is considering joining them for the 2015 season in belief it offers him a better chance of a title than the Cavs do"

Trueblue2
01-06-2015, 07:04 PM
Bucks should go after Bynum and Royce White immediately.

TheIlladelph16
01-06-2015, 07:18 PM

I think his intelligence level is on full display with this whole thing. Dude is a total headcase.

I will say in Larry's defense, money isn't everything and if he is miserable doing something then I understand slightly why he'd be ok pursuing something else. He's still an idiot, but if its about his mental health then do what you got to do. He shouldn't have signed the contract if he was having this reservations this severe imo.