PDA

View Full Version : What the hell happened with D-Will?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-05-2015, 05:20 PM
Going worse, season after season since the trade...and now he's coming off the bench. Behind Jarrett Jack.

jaydubb
01-05-2015, 05:20 PM
D-will lost the will to compete

abe_froman
01-05-2015, 05:26 PM
no jerry sloan/flex offense

Ezio
01-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Jerry Sloan cursed him before DWill slammed the door on him.

D-Leethal
01-05-2015, 05:41 PM
He doesn't seem to give a **** whether he is playing well or not, which is why he is probably content when he is not.

dhopisthename
01-05-2015, 05:41 PM
his ankles took away his athleticism. if it was really just a he only thrived in a sloan offense then teams would implement that offense.

kingsdelez24
01-05-2015, 05:46 PM
Injuries slowed him down. I remember how Jason Kidd expected him to be an mvp candidate before he badly sprained his ankle for the billionth time last summer

He didn't have a bad first month of the season, but he got injured AGAIN and Jack took his starting spot.

I can see him getting his starting role again once he gets back to 100 %, but honestly I think Dwill would be great on a new team with a fresh start, however that contract of his will never allow that to happen.

kingsdelez24
01-05-2015, 05:48 PM
his ankles took away his athleticism. if it was really just a he only thrived in a sloan offense then teams would implement that offense.

They did sorta to start the season, and his stats in the month of November show for it

But before his ankles turned to glass, if the offense didn't have anything, he'd always have that quickness in his step to cross people over. Now that only comes in the slightest flashes

Hawkeye15
01-05-2015, 05:52 PM
2 mentions above. His constant use of a hard crossover to create space have hurt his ankles, and the Sloan effect was way underrated, especially by Deron himself.

GiantsSwaGG
01-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Where's DoMeFavors?

DarkKnight
01-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Where's DoMeFavors?

With D Will ?

PurpleLynch
01-05-2015, 07:55 PM
Injuries,Sloan's effect deceased and overall bad teams took their toll on D-Will.
Right now he needs to change his game if he wants to continue his career and change also team. A fresh new start in a contender as a 6th man or like a 4th or 3rd option in a good passing team that focus less on ball handling duties could be something for him. Mentally, he seems that he's just racking his paychecks while doing the minimum for the team.

R. Johnson#3
01-06-2015, 08:03 PM
One ankle went to **** followed by the other.

Deception
01-06-2015, 08:30 PM
Got paid, now doesn't care, he cashed out

NANDOKNICK
01-08-2015, 10:56 AM
Knicks stealing Fans Money

Going worse, season after season since the trade...and now he's coming off the bench. Behind Jarrett Jack.

IBleedPurple
01-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Jerry Sloan cursed him before DWill slammed the door on him.Lol.

Everyone knows where this guy was headed back then. Hell of a drop off.

TheIlladelph16
01-08-2015, 11:08 AM
Where's DoMeFavors?

He's busy working on his next sweet D-Will sig. Something about how all real Nets fans know he will lead them to a championship AND cure cancer in just a matter of time.

YAALREADYKNO
01-08-2015, 05:42 PM
his ankles gave out on him

lamzoka
01-08-2015, 06:44 PM
In before DoMeFavors

This is what happened to DWill, he got paid and doesn't give a **** anymore. He's not the first guy that did this and he won't be the last.

sp6r=underrated
01-08-2015, 07:16 PM
The implosion of Deron's career is fascinating. He feuded with a coach who implemented a style of play that maximized his talents while hiding his flaws. He succeeded in forcing that coach into retirement. Ever since then his career has been on a pretty steady downward trajectory.

Obviously most of his decline isn't related to that decision. Injuries have robbed him of a lot of his physical gifts. Also his decline is somewhat overstated because he was significantly overrated due to the success of the Jazz. At the peak of his powers he was a very good player but he was never on the Chris Paul level.

torocan
01-08-2015, 09:34 PM
1. It took a few seasons but DWill finally realized (and admitted) that he's a "system" player. There's nothing wrong with that, the problem is that like so many players before him he assumed that his stellar performances in Utah were due solely to his talent. There just aren't very many players in the league that can excel regardless of the system (Lebron, Durant, etc), but there are always a bunch of players that think that they are one of those players. DWill's biggest personal failure was not appreciating how good he had it under Sloan. Now, with DWill on the down side of his healthy career it may be too late. On the other hand, he got dem checks (Thanks Proko!) so I suppose that's still a win in DWill's book...

2. DWill's been increasingly injury prone over the years and he has been operating on a steady diet of sub-par seasons since he was traded to the Nets. He was living on his reputation as an "elite" point guard and when people pointed this out a small squad of Dwill groupies would come flocking onto the boards claiming it was the team and the coach and not DWill. DWill being on a terrible Nets team for multiple seasons had the awful side effect of masking his sub-par play ("It's not DWill... he's just on a bad team!"). Essentially, he was stinking it up like rotten eggs but the odor was masked by the stench of the mountain of manure that was filling the rest of the room (Billy King's institutionalized incompetence, the parade of awful trades, the never ending coaching rotation, the conga line of perpetual team injuries and the sell out of the future of the team in perpetuity by giving away every draft pick between now and the Rapture).

The Nets are Screwed for the foreseeable future and need a multiple year clean up effort.

Step one... lose Billy King. I'm not even a Nets fan/hater and I laugh hysterically at the idea that he's a GM in the NBA... heck, I wouldn't want him managing an AAU team let alone a big market team. I for one thought the way that Jason Kidd left the Nets was shady, but then I think that if I was him and working for Billy King, I might just chew my own leg off to get out of that organization.

Step two... let a legitimately smart GM and smart head coach do their job without worrying about making a "splash" the next season.

As for DWill, he's pretty much done. Sure, he's got loads of talent but it doesn't mean jack if the body isn't willing. Gotta be on the court to make an impact. For those thinking DWill's going to be healthy sometime soon, keep dreaming. This isn't a one or two season thing. Dwill's ankles have been shot for 3+ years now. With the kind of money that he and the Nets can throw at his ankles, if they're not working by now then barring a medical miracle they're not coming back any time soon if ever.

Keep getting dem checks DWill and enjoy the demotion to the bench.

As for the Nets fans, keep the faith. Speaking as a sympathetic Knicks fan, we've been there (and for the most part are still there). Sometimes all you got is hope for the future.

Chavacano
01-09-2015, 01:18 AM
Yeah, injuries and Sloan.

Crackadalic
01-09-2015, 03:34 AM
He's another Marbury

goingfor28
01-09-2015, 04:52 AM
He's another Marbury
Minus the awesome side of the head tat. Ha