PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I am the only one who thinks this is wrong

Jamiecballer
01-05-2015, 02:01 PM
i know there really isn't any other place to put this, but it's a sad state of affairs when you can't have a thread in the NBA forum discussing the death of Stuart Scott because there is another place that the majority of us NBA fans NEVER GO that already has a thread about it (and thus will never see it). there is organization, MODs, and there is this. what a shame.

Kenny Powders
01-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Your right. Sometimes the mods around here act like the ****ing Gestapo or Stasi

There's actually two current threads up, one in NFL and one in GD. Funny one of those hasn't been shut down.

Chronz
01-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Dont see why we cant have numerous threads but this isn't really thread worthy. Closing eminent

JV35
01-05-2015, 02:26 PM
The fact is--people need to be more diligent about searching for threads around here before starting another thread on the same subject.

Some people just start threads (on a breaking news item like a big trade or a situation like Stuart Scott) without even checking to see if the thread exists.

People need to pay more attention so duplicates are avoided.

Kenny Powders
01-05-2015, 02:41 PM
What's the big deal if there's a thread for Stuart Scott in both the NBA and NFL forum? I mean he contributed to both sports. The fact there quite a few fans that aren't cross sports fans means there should conceivably threads for him in both. It's stupid

Jamiecballer
01-05-2015, 02:45 PM
What's the big deal if there's a thread for Stuart Scott in both the NBA and NFL forum? I mean he contributed to both sports. The fact there quite a few cross sports fans. It's stupid

that's my point. the mans deserves a lot of respect and if you get a lot of your sports news on PSD it's dumb that you might even miss that the man is dead simply because in another portion of the site there is a thread.

to Chronz, you are absolutely right there isn't any point to this thread other than to complain that it seems a real shame that the passing of a really influencial sportscaster and marvelous human being has to be "filed" away like paperwork to the detriment of the sports forum at large.

Jamiecballer
01-05-2015, 02:48 PM
The fact is--people need to be more diligent about searching for threads around here before starting another thread on the same subject.

Some people just start threads (on a breaking news item like a big trade or a situation like Stuart Scott) without even checking to see if the thread exists.

sure they need to be more diligent, i agree. order has to be maintained somehow. but i know i can't be the only one here who never goes to the NFL forum. if there was another thread in the NBA forum i would agree. but it's excessive and seems entirely heavy handed given the thread topic.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
01-05-2015, 03:25 PM

to be fair ive posted things before that are breaking news and someone has just made it quicker than i did therefor making 2 of the same threads. but besides that i agree that people should search more. I only went in the nba,nfl mains and my home teams forums but once i discovered things like the wrestling and mma forum as well as the GD forum i found myself to really like them and now follow them on a regular basis! Maybe more people would do that if that searched for something and ended up in another are that they dont or havent visited before!

Jamiecballer
01-05-2015, 03:43 PM
great idea. i'll do a search every day to see if my favorite sportscaster has died

??

ewing
01-05-2015, 03:46 PM
the fact is--people need to be more diligent about searching for threads around here before starting another thread on the same subject.

Some people just start threads (on a breaking news item like a big trade or a situation like stuart scott) without even checking to see if the thread exists.

yeah!!!!!

ewing
01-05-2015, 03:47 PM
sure they need to be more diligent, i agree. order has to be maintained somehow. But i know i can't be the only one here who never goes to the nfl forum. If there was another thread in the nba forum i would agree. But it's excessive and seems entirely heavy handed given the thread topic.

yeah

Jamiecballer
01-05-2015, 03:54 PM
yeah

hey man watch it or i'll put your death thread in the anime forum :)

Goose17
01-05-2015, 07:14 PM

In the same forum sure.

But in different forums? Nah.

There are countless threads that exist in the main NBA section and also exist in the specific team sections.

Hypothetically if an NBA owner was considering buying an NFL team and selling his NBA team to fund it do you think that wouldn't be in both sections?

Sorry but this is just B.S

I, and I'm sure others are the same, just come straight to forums.prosportsdaily.com/basketball straight away, I don't go near any of the other sections, and a topic like this should be able to exist in more than one section.

jerellh528
01-05-2015, 07:25 PM
I've seen worse threads stay open for longer. They were pretty quick to close it considering the topic and Scott's influence on the NBA. But I can see why they closed it considering there were Scott threads in almost every sport forum plus the general discussion thread and Scott wasn't an exclusive NBA topic. I'm indifferent and agree to some degree with both sides. This thread, however has no place here really.

Jamiecballer
01-05-2015, 07:49 PM
Well I thought there would be more people who would agree so maybe I'm wrong. Maybe most users do visits the forums for each sport individually on a daily basis. Personally I had no idea there was a general discussion forum for instance. And I had to work awfully hard in Tapatalk to find it but whatever.

Thanks for listening everyone. Terribly sad news.

Tony_Starks
01-05-2015, 08:15 PM
Man I could care less where else its posted, if we can have numerous threads on here about the same nonsense we should be able to have at the very least have one NBA thread about Stuart Scott. At least!

Tony_Starks
01-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Well I thought there would be more people who would agree so maybe I'm wrong. Maybe most users do visits the forums for each sport individually on a daily basis. Personally I had no idea there was a general discussion forum for instance. And I had to work awfully hard in Tapatalk to find it but whatever.

Thanks for listening everyone. Terribly sad news.

Man you are 1000% right my man. The man was a legend and deserves as much respect as possible.

Jamiecballer
01-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Man you are 1000% right my man. The man was a legend and deserves as much respect as possible.
The tribute on ESPN was terribly sad :(

What a fighter and unbelievable attitude. I am a parent now and when he said he couldn't die on his daughters that was like a knife in the chest for me.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-05-2015, 08:27 PM
I don't really mind if they locked it. Threads are merged and moved all the time to encourage more traffic in 1 thread as opposed to having the same conversation in different areas. I would've just kept it here though if it was me.

AlixGx
01-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Yeah I only made the Stuart Scott thread because I only browse the NBA forum, but this site is more than just that so it was my bad. I solely knew him for his NBA work, so I thought it deserved it's own thread in the NBA forum. Either way it's good to see that people care.

Jamiecballer
01-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Ya but you know how it is; these types of threads aren't conversations per se, its more about sharing news and showing respect IMO.

LanceUpperCut
01-05-2015, 08:51 PM
I can watch sad movie's (not dog related) and never shed a tear but all those Stuart Scott farewell and tribute videos get me choked up pretty bad. He was a one of a kind and paved the way for so many entertain broadcasters.

Chronz
01-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Good points made here

Threade worthy after all

Jamiecballer
01-05-2015, 10:25 PM
Good job being civil everyone and allowing my voice to heard. I genuinely appreciate it.

king4day
01-05-2015, 10:32 PM
Nothing more to discuss so closing.

king4day
01-05-2015, 10:34 PM
Good points made here

Threade worthy after all

I'd rather see an message to mods asking to just keep a SS thread remain open.

If we wanna discuss Scott, just create a new thread for it.