PDA

View Full Version : *** nba league pass forum ***

Sanjay
01-03-2015, 07:48 PM
I don't think there is a NBA League Pass thread so I thought I would start one up.

My experience:
I purchased NBA League Pass for the first time this year two weeks into the season. For about the first week it was fine, but then it started stuttering (I open it on my laptop and then connect it to my television screen - I read somewhere NBA League Pass is not made for watching through TV screens, but I have always watched basketball/sports through the television so it would be kind of weird to watch it on my laptop, but like I said it worked for the first week or so).

Since then it has been fines sometimes and other times not. I have experienced freezes, lag, loss of picture. One time when it was stuttering I tried watching it just on my laptop for 20 minutes and it was fine (this may be just luck because sometimes it has only started stuttering as late as 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter). Also, once when a game was stuttering I tried watching another game and it was fine for 20 minutes (may be same luck as above).

2 days ago, the game I was watching kept changing from like the best quality available to the next one down (when it was at this quality level it did not stutter). So, I am thinking maybe if a game is not recorded/loaded at a high enough quality to be able to watch on a television screen, then decreasing the quality will prevent stuttering? On http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278067 it says you can change the quality by clicking on the bottom-right hand corner of the screen, but I cannot find it?

Suggestions appreciated and feel free to post anything else related to NBA League Pass.

Ty Fast
01-04-2015, 04:27 PM
I got it and had no problems

bucketss
01-04-2015, 06:05 PM
got it through my cable company, its great.

colinskik
01-04-2015, 06:15 PM
I think it's a ripoff.

Jsoul101
01-04-2015, 06:17 PM
They blacked out Raptors game if your Canadian... smh

IndyRealist
01-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Not every game, but I have issues with the feed constantly having to buffer in the late 3rd/4th quarter. My friend in another state has the same issue. I think it's because they start archiving the game then and it slows down the stream, so leaguepass buffers the video to get 720p. It makes the game unwatchable.

jimm120
01-04-2015, 07:01 PM
i have it on my ipad and also connect to the monitor.

I feel as if it does go down 1 level when its connected to the monitor (via hdmi). When I have it off the monitor, its always at a certain near top quality or a step below sometimes...lets take it as

less
less

On the ipad by itself, I'm usually at 720 and sometimes at 500. When I connect it to the monitor, it is sometimes 720 but usually 500, and will dip to 300 on occassion.

I think they do it on purpose. I used to have league pass on the ipad before this new version and it was infinitely better.

SeoulBeatz
01-04-2015, 07:06 PM
I bought league pass a couple years ago (laptop version) and late in games the feed would aways start freezing/stuttering.

Since then, I just watch Sixers games on free streaming sites and never run into lag issues. illegal streams have gotten much better over the past two years so i see no reason whatsoever to shell out that type of money for shoddy service at best.

It's a complete ripoff unless you buy it from your cable service.

Sanjay
01-04-2015, 07:45 PM
got it through my cable company, its great.

Hey, i'm in New Zealand. Is that Foxtel? I looked it up on online its said it only costs like $25 a month? Sky here costs $75 a month and I don't think you can get NBA League Pass through it!

Sanjay
01-04-2015, 07:48 PM
They blacked out Raptors game if your Canadian... smh

Yeah I'm in New Zealand so no games blacked out. I think if you're in America all games in your state and nationally televised games are blacked out. Are Raptors games not on free-to-air television?

Sanjay
01-04-2015, 07:54 PM
Not every game, but I have issues with the feed constantly having to buffer in the late 3rd/4th quarter. My friend in another state has the same issue. I think it's because they start archiving the game then and it slows down the stream, so leaguepass buffers the video to get 720p. It makes the game unwatchable.

Interesting because lately a few times mine has only been stuttering later in the game too, but I usually watch games archived. The couple of times I have watched games lived I have had problems. What do you mean by start archiving the game? Can't you start from the beginning like straight after the game has started (i.e. You are always at least 1 second behind real time?) A couple of times when I have been watching the quality randomly changes to unwatchable, but then I just reload the game and it doesn't happen again.

Sanjay
01-04-2015, 08:01 PM
i have it on my ipad and also connect to the monitor.

I feel as if it does go down 1 level when its connected to the monitor (via hdmi). When I have it off the monitor, its always at a certain near top quality or a step below sometimes...lets take it as

less
less

On the ipad by itself, I'm usually at 720 and sometimes at 500. When I connect it to the monitor, it is sometimes 720 but usually 500, and will dip to 300 on occassion.

I think they do it on purpose. I used to have league pass on the ipad before this new version and it was infinitely better.

Do you connect to a computer monitor or television monitor? Yeah sometimes mine comes up as the same quality or as you said the next one down (similar to if you recorded a game on a CD, I don't mind though as long as it isn't blurry).

Sanjay
01-04-2015, 08:05 PM
I bought league pass a couple years ago (laptop version) and late in games the feed would aways start freezing/stuttering.

Since then, I just watch Sixers games on free streaming sites and never run into lag issues. illegal streams have gotten much better over the past two years so i see no reason whatsoever to shell out that type of money for shoddy service at best.

It's a complete ripoff unless you buy it from your cable service.

What's the best website to watch any game (including playoffs)? I wish I could get it through my cable service, but cable in New Zealand costs $75 a month and I don't even think you can get NBA League Pass through it!

IndyRealist
01-04-2015, 08:30 PM
Interesting because lately a few times mine has only been stuttering later in the game too, but I usually watch games archived. The couple of times I have watched games lived I have had problems. What do you mean by start archiving the game? Can't you start from the beginning like straight after the game has started (i.e. You are always at least 1 second behind real time?) A couple of times when I have been watching the quality randomly changes to unwatchable, but then I just reload the game and it doesn't happen again.

You're actually 15-30 seconds behind, same as satellite tv delay.

What I meant by archiving is that I think they start saving the game to the server late in the 3rd, and that's why people have issues with streaming then. It's likely because the server is queued before the streaming system.

IndyRealist
01-04-2015, 08:33 PM
What's the best website to watch any game (including playoffs)? I wish I could get it through my cable service, but cable in New Zealand costs $75 a month and I don't even think you can get NBA League Pass through it!

I suspect PSD would not appreciate people listing illegal websites here.

desertlakeshow
01-04-2015, 08:43 PM
Had the pass for 5 years.

After the chris paul to the lakers fiasco its stream for free only.

Have yet to figure reparations yet.

Sanjay
01-04-2015, 09:19 PM
You're actually 15-30 seconds behind, same as satellite tv delay.

What I meant by archiving is that I think they start saving the game to the server late in the 3rd, and that's why people have issues with streaming then. It's likely because the server is queued before the streaming system.

Yeah I know what I meant was say the game starts on NBA League Pass 30 seconds past 8.45pm and you open the game at 8.46pm you can watch it from the start of the NBA League Pass stream. Can you think of why its' stuttering even if I am watching archived games?

Sanjay
01-04-2015, 09:23 PM
Had the pass for 5 years.

After the chris paul to the lakers fiasco its stream for free only.

Have yet to figure reparations yet.

I'm sorry I don't follow what you're saying.

Jamiecballer
01-04-2015, 09:54 PM
It means he is very bitter still

desertlakeshow
01-04-2015, 09:56 PM

I paid for league pass year after year.

David stearn allowing complaining owners to cancel the Chris Paul trade to the lakers was an overreach in my opinion.

Abuse of power if you will brought on by peer pressure.

So, no more $ from me until they correct that. Not sure how that will happen. So free streaming for me and no $ to the nba.

Shady66
01-04-2015, 09:58 PM
The other day I got locked out of my account. I was so pissed cause I found out right when I went to watch the suns game. It was fine the next day after I complained. Overall I'm happy with it, you can watch most games and I'm using it a lot