PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to keep Ed Davis?

Iron24th
01-03-2015, 02:53 AM
Just wondering

MetroMan
01-03-2015, 02:55 AM
Only if the price is right

jaydubb
01-03-2015, 02:56 AM
I like him If the price is right. He's not a guy id go out of my way to resign no matter what he asks or what other teams offer tho.

Iron24th
01-03-2015, 02:56 AM
Only if the price is right

And what would be the right price for you?

MetroMan
01-03-2015, 03:07 AM
Tbh I would prefer to build him up and trade him for a pick and a scrub. Also trading hill for a pick and a scrub and trading young for another pick and scrub.
Hopefully this way we get 3 first round picks (I can dream) and we make the team worse at the same time. This way we get to keep our suns pick and have 4 picks in the draft.

Iron24th
01-03-2015, 03:17 AM
Tbh I would prefer to build him up and trade him for a pick and a scrub. Also trading hill for a pick and a scrub and trading young for another pick and scrub.
Hopefully this way we get 3 first round picks (I can dream) and we make the team worse at the same time. This way we get to keep our suns pick and have 4 picks in the draft.

I think that's what most of us (who want to rebuild properly) want, but I'm not sure dumb and dumber see the big picture.

MetroMan
01-03-2015, 03:23 AM
I think that's what most of us (who want to rebuild properly) want, but I'm not sure dumb and dumber see the big picture.

I just think they don't want to appear as they are giving up on the squad but it's just plain foolishness on their part. I'm not sure what they are waiting for.

MetroMan
01-03-2015, 03:27 AM
In my opinion nick young is worth trading for a first, so is hill and davis...maybe Lin too if we can find any takers. It's a win-win situation. If we keep any of these 3 in the long run they'll want big contracts. I know it's good to have good role players on a great team but we're far from it. Hopefully something will be done by the trade deadline but I seriously doubt it

jaydubb
01-03-2015, 05:31 AM

Yea that's how I feel with just about everyone on the roster except randle.. Trade bait..

But if davis does go to free agency, I wouldn't mind lakers giving him a contract, I just don't want them to grossly overpay him like they did with hill.

Ty22Mitchell
01-03-2015, 06:00 AM
Yea that's how I feel with just about everyone on the roster except randle.. Trade bait..

But if davis does go to free agency, I wouldn't mind lakers giving him a contract, I just don't want them to grossly overpay him like they did with hill.

I agree. I'd like to see this roster gutted for first round picks and cheap contracts, while keeping one or two veterans (with a solid past of mentoring) on to help Julius. I like Ed Davis, and he is still young,. However if a first round pick presented itself (I seriously doubt it would), I'd take it and run. Also I think the Lakers gave Jordan Hill that contract because they needed to just eat short term cap space. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mitch couldn't find any "reasonable" takers on the short term money he was handing out in June.

mufridaz
01-03-2015, 06:14 AM
right price is 4-5 mil maybe similar to something young got. Although I was hoping for that with j.hill not the 9 mil whopper he is making this year.

we all know some idiot club is going to pay ed davis 8 mil a year and we loose him for nothing. he should know Julius randle is the future not ed davis. he will be a backup in year 2 maybe randle take a year to take the starting job.

since ed davis only makes 1mil this year he is a steal and one of our best trade assets.

one thing is for sure he will opt out of his 1milplayer option next year. lock him up or trade him. tired of watching talent walk for nothing.

mufridaz
01-03-2015, 06:21 AM
lets not forget we just picked up black for dirt cheap on a 2 year deal. at 6'9 in shoes we all know he's no center.

that means Julius randle and black could be future Pf's.

And boozer (can't be traded), j.hill, ed davis, Kelly are expendable.

I know sacre is wanted by cavs and maybe other teams and he is a serviceable backup 7 footer. And he's dirt cheap so I would rather hold onto sacre instead of a 2nd rounder. And go for okafur this year as our C. I doubt marc gasol comes here but that could be one option.

mufridaz
01-03-2015, 06:22 AM
I wonder if kobe passed to ed davis instead of shooting in tonight'sgame to make sure we lost lol. glad kobe is finally on the tank bandwagon.

Ty22Mitchell
01-03-2015, 06:29 AM
right price is 4-5 mil maybe similar to something young got. Although I was hoping for that with j.hill not the 9 mil whopper he is making this year.

we all know some idiot club is going to pay ed davis 8 mil a year and we loose him for nothing. he should know Julius randle is the future not ed davis. he will be a backup in year 2 maybe randle take a year to take the starting job.

since ed davis only makes 1mil this year he is a steal and one of our best trade assets.

one thing is for sure he will opt out of his 1milplayer option next year. lock him up or trade him. tired of watching talent walk for nothing.

It would be nice to keep Ed Davis just for his size. Ed may not be the future but having that type of length off the bench would be a nice asset. I'd even be ok if here started alongside Julius, because these next few years are going to be mediocre teams anyway. If LA were able to sign him for the 4-5 million you suggested, then I would prefer him over Jordan Hill.

mufridaz
01-03-2015, 06:33 AM
yes I agree sell everything valuable build around Julius randle. Like I've said a bunch my suggestion for a rebuild for be okafur use all the picks and top 5 pick to move up the draft and get number one overall pick ie okafur.

another option could be neries nole or embed from 76s what are they going to do with 3 C's and okafur is better than both.

but I would then facilitate a nets and Utah trade deron Williams to Utah. Utah already has exum as well as I forget the guys name but another high draft pick point guard. they don't need 3 s we could maybe steal exum for cheap.

build around exum/randle/okafur

we should still have more picks and could even take on salary for a year and get 2 more young players to grow with the core. wait for kobe's contract to come off go after Durant or said all star and use the cap space to build a championship contender in 2016. with vets and a young core should be strong for many years to come.

--------------------

the non rebuild option is focus on youth some assets picks but not all in rebuild mode and use our 20 something mil next year to either get one star and a few decent players or 2 very good players but not stars and some role players to play along side kobe.

we need help at PG/SF/C I would suggest whatever we do we upgrade at 2 of the 3 and for the 3rd position make sure they can play defense.

to ensure we keep our pick this year top 5 we have to get worse. which means any rebuild will be over the summer.

mufridaz
01-03-2015, 06:44 AM
but yea if ed davis wants to stick around for 4-5 mil think we have to do that. especially with last game kobe really trusting ed davis with the game on the line.

I just hope j.hill isn't playing bad b/c he doesn't want to get traded this past month has been disaster for hill compared to his earlier numbers usually double double machine.

ed davis has more defensive game where as hill probally has a better offensive. both are very hard workers and energy players.

Hangin n Wangin
01-03-2015, 07:56 AM
I like the guy. But ship his ***...I like Jordan hill too. Ship his *** as well. Let's get some picks. Hill is gone next year. Davis is going to get a decent contract next year after his play this year. A logical GM would trade these two players for some value. We don't have a logical FO. Case closed.

Hangin n Wangin
01-03-2015, 07:58 AM
In my opinion nick young is worth trading for a first, so is hill and davis...maybe Lin too if we can find any takers. It's a win-win situation. If we keep any of these 3 in the long run they'll want big contracts. I know it's good to have good role players on a great team but we're far from it. Hopefully something will be done by the trade deadline but I seriously doubt it

Young is absolutely worth trading for a first. I agree with all of this. Ship them, please...

Hangin n Wangin
01-03-2015, 08:03 AM
Damn...mufridaz...in all seriousness. You need to chill out on your posts. They are way too long and irrelevant. You're clogging the boards man.. I don't even bother reading your stuff and I'm going to be dead honest with you, I don't think many others do either....

Ty22Mitchell
01-03-2015, 08:49 AM
Damn...mufridaz...in all seriousness. You need to chill out on your posts. They are way too long and irrelevant. You're clogging the boards man.. I don't even bother reading your stuff and I'm going to be dead honest with you, I don't think many others do either....

Lol. I strongly agree with your length point. In his defense though, I write short posts and no one reads them. So damned if you do, damned if you dont.

jaydubb
01-03-2015, 12:18 PM
I agree. I'd like to see this roster gutted for first round picks and cheap contracts, while keeping one or two veterans (with a solid past of mentoring) on to help Julius. I like Ed Davis, and he is still young,. However if a first round pick presented itself (I seriously doubt it would), I'd take it and run. Also I think the Lakers gave Jordan Hill that contract because they needed to just eat short term cap space. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mitch couldn't find any "reasonable" takers on the short term money he was handing out in June.

Yea that's why they gave hill that money He pretty much just bought the lakers a big expiring contract. Not sure I like that method or not..

jaydubb
01-03-2015, 12:19 PM
I like the guy. But ship his ***...I like Jordan hill too. Ship his *** as well. Let's get some picks. Hill is gone next year. Davis is going to get a decent contract next year after his play this year. A logical GM would trade these two players for some value. We don't have a logical FO. Case closed.

^^^

Yep

jaydubb
01-03-2015, 12:26 PM

Haha!

That's brutally honest dood.. I post on my phone or tablet probly 99% of the time, I don't have time or the desire to read page long posts.

It's not the quality just the length, ain't nobody got time for dat!

Avenged
01-03-2015, 01:03 PM

^ been wanting to say that. Ain't nobody reading your essays Muf

still1ballin
01-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Give him the MAX!

Vinylman
01-03-2015, 02:21 PM
leave mufridaz alone .... i sense a consecutive post record coming

don't deter him

Vinylman
01-03-2015, 02:59 PM
Ed Davis is a nice rotational player. Unfortunately, he will leave in the offseason just like meeks and others did last year...

the Lakers situation is cyclical

suck... sign 1 year players... players perform well... players move on because FO doesn't want to use cap

rinse repeat

mufridaz
01-03-2015, 03:34 PM

thanks for sharing. we all are passionate about the team and want to be put on the right path to winning again. i'll try:) although we all have different strategies to how we reach that goal of being a contender again. Good thing about a free country is you aren't forced to read anything I write and your more than welcome to skip over it. We are the true fans b/c when we're winning when we're in the hunt game threads are 20-40 pages long. Now there 1-2 pages or sometimes no threads even exist.

I've had some short posts "soft as charmin" - kobe

mufridaz
01-03-2015, 03:38 PM
ok short - keep randle, kobe ship rest for picks.

if its possible to give davis an extension this year lock him up for 4 years 4-5 mil per year that's if they are really trying to get a competitive team next year (we all know they won't do that even if possible b/c they want to keep cap space for a superstar to magically come that never does).

If total rebuild ship all.

Ty22Mitchell
01-03-2015, 04:35 PM
Haha!

That's brutally honest dood.. I post on my phone or tablet probly 99% of the time, I don't have time or the desire to read page long posts.

It's not the quality just the length, ain't nobody got time for dat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGxwbhkDjZM

Ty22Mitchell
01-03-2015, 04:37 PM
Yea that's why they gave hill that money He pretty much just bought the lakers a big expiring contract. Not sure I like that method or not..

Do you know do what type of option the second year of the contract is? I thought it was a team option unless he got traded, in which case it would become a player option.

Ty22Mitchell
01-03-2015, 04:46 PM

if its possible to give davis an extension this year lock him up for 4 years 4-5 mil per year that's if they are really trying to get a competitive team next year (we all know they won't do that even if possible b/c they want to keep cap space for a superstar to magically come that never does).

That's what I was thinking, but there is no incentive for a player of his caliber to do that. First the CBA is up in two years (so he could collect more), and two long term contracts with small yearly amounts don't allow young/bench players to cash in on future potential/performance (To me 20 million on 5 years is a bigger risk for my 25 year client (who's a center), than 12-15 million over 3. He'll want to be a FA again before 30 so he can cash in again).

Iron24th
01-03-2015, 04:50 PM
Do you know do what type of option the second year of the contract is? I thought it was a team option unless he got traded, in which case it would become a player option.

Yes it is a team option for the 2nd year.

lakerfan85
01-03-2015, 05:02 PM
I agree with most.. If we can get picks then trade these guys.. On another note what free agents would you like to see the Lakers to target this summer?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-03-2015, 05:36 PM
He's worth like the MLE.

Mave1002
01-04-2015, 03:08 AM

THIS. 95% major overhaul.

Mave1002
01-04-2015, 04:26 AM
I agree with most.. If we can get picks then trade these guys.. On another note what free agents would you like to see the Lakers to target this summer?

Id definitely consider Brandon Knight ($5M). He's inexpensive compared to the Dragon ($12M) but just as effective. Pieces like Danny Green ($5M), JJ Barea and Austin Rivers (both for cheap) should be considered options as well.

For the center position though, I have no idea.

1.) Marc Gasol (who also isnt getting any younger), after witnessing what his brother Pau went through, would never want be a Laker (again)

And I quote:

"On his thoughts about being included in the 2008 trade that brought his brother to the Lakers:

ďI never thought I would be in this league. I was happy for Pau because I knew that he needed a new start. I didnít see myself as an NBA player. I didnít see myself coming over here [from his native Spain]. I knew the Lakers didnít know much about me. I never talked to them and they never came over. They gave me a training camp minimum contract. I wasnít going to leave my team to be a training camp guy, especially not knowing what a training camp guy is. I would have a slim chance of making the team. It happens, but it normally doesnít happen. I was just happy for Pau, honestly. I think it worked out pretty well for both sides. The Grizzlies got what they want, which was rebuilding and the cap space at that time and some young players. I donít think they knew what that could turn into. The Lakers obviously have two rings, which is the ultimate goal and a great, unique and outstanding player in Pau. I donít think theyíll get another one like that in years to come.Ē
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/01/agency-lakers-grizzlies.html

2.) Roy Hibbert commands a ridiculously expensive rate, and
3.) Greg Monroe isnt a true center, and is expected to command more than $10m, that would hurt our CAP for years to come.

-Asik is decent, but we all know that wont be enough.

Our hope would really be someone (from the 2015 draft) who can be paired up with T-Rex when he comes back next year.

BOTTOM line - Trade for picks and preserve the cap for the post-kobe era.

LakerPride
01-04-2015, 10:26 PM

they have a multi billion dollar tv deal. lakers wont do that, i assume. they should tank but in a way that is not very obvious like hiring an idiot coach

ldawg
01-04-2015, 11:00 PM
trade hill his stock is high and has run out of gas as of late.

Iron24th
01-05-2015, 01:52 AM
trade hill his stock is high and has run out of gas as of late.

His stock is declining every game.