PDA

View Full Version : Trade deadline approaching...

labor2millions7
01-03-2015, 01:43 AM
What teams you think are desprate enough to pull the trigger

Iron24th
01-03-2015, 02:34 AM
Cleveland comes to mind, they underperforming, have now injuries issues, they'll probably make a move.

MrfadeawayJB
01-03-2015, 02:42 AM
Knicks fire sale?

slaker619
01-03-2015, 02:49 AM
Knicks gonna sell out, and Cavs gonna make some sorta moves same with Nets

jaydubb
01-03-2015, 02:49 AM
I'd be surprised if Cleveland doesnt do something. If they don't and they are an early playoff exit, there's a chance love and/or lebron leave in the offseason.

FraziersKnicks
01-03-2015, 04:21 AM
Trade everyone of any value on the Knicks apart from Melo and Tim Hardaway Jr.

Surely Calderon, Dalembert, Shumpert or even Stat have a little bit of value to a contender.

GoferKing_
01-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Knicks fire sale?

Who wants their shieeet? xD

CELTICS4LYFE
01-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Who wants Jeff Green? Bass? Anyone??

GrkGawdofWalkz
01-03-2015, 09:29 AM
I'm hoping the Spurs make some sort of move. While a majority of the teams lack of success has to do with injury related concerns, I would still love to see them add something even if small. Mills and CoJo are doing a quality job stepping in. I'm not even sure what type of move would be out there. But, we'll see.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-03-2015, 09:35 AM
Bucks could be buyers at the deadline. Also been winning without Sanders. Also sanders goes from missing games with illness to gone for personal reasons. So curious if were holding him out for trade? He's been MIA since the 50 minutes players only meeting.

Ty_Lawson
01-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Nuggets fire sale, everyone not named Jusuf should be available for young players and good picks in 2015..

xxplayerxx23
01-03-2015, 01:03 PM
Everybody but melo can go lol

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-03-2015, 01:48 PM
Nuggets fire sale, everyone not named Jusuf should be available for young players and good picks in 2015..
As a Bucks fan we all been clamoring for a Lawson trade. I'd cough up a unprotected 2015 first and salary filler for Lawson. Lawson would put us over the top and make it to second round playoffs easily in weak east.

Zefflin
01-03-2015, 01:51 PM
Lakers will make a move...Jordan Hill and Nashs contract we're trying to or trade up real quick before the deadline.

Mr.B
01-03-2015, 03:08 PM
Dallas needs another backup big man. Guys like Dalembert or Jordan Hill would be perfect. I expect them to make a trade for a big man, hopefully its one of those two.

rockets-fan
01-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Houston needs Bass

KnickNyKnick
01-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Houston needs Bass

no treble?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Dallas needs another backup big man. Guys like Dalembert or Jordan Hill would be perfect. I expect them to make a trade for a big man, hopefully its one of those two.

Mavs don't have much trade bait. You figure Dirk, Rondo, Chandler, Parson, Ellis is your core. Devin Harris off the bench and CV. Beyond them rest of the roster isn't to exciting. Also Hill is $9M.

Mr.B
01-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Mavs don't have much trade bait. You figure Dirk, Rondo, Chandler, Parson, Ellis is your core. Devin Harris off the bench and CV. Beyond them rest of the roster isn't to exciting. Also Hill is $9M.

Kevin Garnett might be the best option. He's nowhere near what he was on the offensive end but he's still fairly good in the defensive end.

Ty_Lawson
01-03-2015, 05:33 PM
I think Dallas could get JJ Hickson for a pick and expiring so...

IDunknown
01-03-2015, 06:01 PM
Who wants their shieeet? xD
Knicks have players that can fill roles for other teams. They are just on a poorly built team together. David Lee,Zach Randolph,and Jamal Crawford played together in the past and couldn't win too.

DemarDerozan
01-03-2015, 06:08 PM
Bucks could be buyers at the deadline. Also been winning without Sanders. Also sanders goes from missing games with illness to gone for personal reasons. So curious if were holding him out for trade? He's been MIA since the 50 minutes players only meeting.

Isn't Brandon Knight your best player right now? Do you think he and Lawson could operate well together if Knight moved to the Shooting Guard spot?

Shareeb_omac2
01-03-2015, 06:09 PM
Mavs could part with Aminu. He's not getting much playing time for whatever reason. I'm sure we'd also be happy to dump Raymond Felton for a big. All of the bigs I want on the Mavs are too expensive and I can't make any realistic trades using the trade machine lol. Mavs better bank on Jermaine O'Neal this season.

DemarDerozan
01-03-2015, 06:10 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Detroit lands Bass and Jameer Nelson. Two old SVG guys.

Could you imagine the headlines if the Rockets and Detroit met in the Finals in a few years?
After all the SVG and Howard drama in Orlando.

DemarDerozan
01-03-2015, 06:13 PM
The Raps need a good starting SF so they can bring TRoss off the bench in a Jason Terry type role.

WaDe03
01-03-2015, 07:58 PM
The Heat need a PG, a rim protector/rebounder, and a backup SG.

???/Chalmers/Napier
Wade/???/Dawkins
Deng/Granger/Ennis
Bosh/Williams/Haslem
???/Whiteside/Hamilton

BHF
01-03-2015, 08:27 PM
The Raps need a good starting SF so they can bring TRoss off the bench in a Jason Terry type role.

No they don't what the raps need is a backup center and a shot blocker.

mngopher35
01-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Wolves can try to give pek away or see if someone like Martin/budinger/mo has any value to a contender

GiantsSwaGG
01-03-2015, 08:33 PM
The Heat need a PG, a rim protector/rebounder, and a backup SG.

???/Chalmers/Napier
Wade/???/Dawkins
Deng/Granger/Ennis
Bosh/Williams/Haslem
???/Whiteside/Hamilton

Jose Calderon and Larry Sanders would fix that problem. But you don't have enough

InRoseWeTrust
01-03-2015, 08:46 PM
"Approaching"?! It's still a month and a half away. That's an eternity in terms of team needs/willingness to deal.

JeffG20
01-03-2015, 09:25 PM
We'll trade Gordon for anyone that needs helping with their tanking.

InRoseWeTrust
01-03-2015, 09:50 PM
We'll trade Gordon for anyone that needs helping with their tanking.

:laugh:

SensandRaps
01-03-2015, 10:29 PM
get the raptors a rim protector...please

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-04-2015, 04:44 AM

Aflalo please. Bulls would have the best starting 5 in the NBA hands down.

Goose17
01-04-2015, 05:00 AM
I think N.Y either need to trade a bunch of these "role players" (which is difficult, moving guys like J.R). Or they need to trade Melo and tank, they're sitting him for the rest of the season anyway.

Cleveland need a shot blocker and trading Waiters might be an option. Cleveland have three second round picks in this years draft and a first from Memphis. They could use them plus Waiters to get something done.

Avery Bradley would be a great fit, I'm not sure how they pry him away from Boston though lol. Okafor could be signed using that injured players exception or whatever it's called.

Ty_Lawson
01-04-2015, 06:22 AM
Aflalo please. Bulls would have the best starting 5 in the NBA hands down.

And what would you send back?? I'm sure Tim would ask for Jimmy, you don't have anything else...But something like Chandler,AAA for Jimmy, Doug, bad contract could work...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-04-2015, 09:38 AM
Kevin Garnett might be the best option. He's nowhere near what he was on the offensive end but he's still fairly good in the defensive end. Garnett is still $12M. Would take like Harris and fat washed up Felton and three other players. Not saying Nets want Felton. He's negative value.

Garnett $12M

Devin Harris $3,878,896 $4,053,446 $4,227,996 $4,402,546
Raymond Felton $3,793,693 $3,950,313

Didn't try the ESPN trade machine but Garnett would clear out like 5 guys from your bench even if Felton was included. Like I said Mavs don't have much for trade bait if you don't trade one of your starters. You guys got most of your salary into the starters. Also Nets have maxed roster. So doubt they wanna do a 1 for 5 deal. Then waive 4 players.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-04-2015, 09:43 AM
Isn't Brandon Knight your best player right now? Do you think he and Lawson could operate well together if Knight moved to the Shooting Guard spot?
Knight already was moved to SG. Marshall experiment with Knight at sg didn't last long. But I can see us trade for a pg. We been using Marshall, Wolters, Bayless at PG but Giannis been playing point forward getting about 5 assists a game. Knight still becomes back up pg in some stretches.

jp611
01-04-2015, 09:46 AM
And what would you send back?? I'm sure Tim would ask for Jimmy, you don't have anything else...But something like Chandler,AAA for Jimmy, Doug, bad contract could work...

:laugh: :laugh:

We better be getting Lawson and Faried back in that deal

Kyben36
01-04-2015, 11:35 AM
bulls likely stand pat, but some options could and should be explore, moving taj for a starting wing or cap room comes to mind. but like i said, likely we stand pat.

AnthonyTyrael2
01-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Garnett is still $12M. Would take like Harris and fat washed up Felton and three other players. Not saying Nets want Felton. He's negative value.

Garnett $12M

Devin Harris $3,878,896 $4,053,446 $4,227,996 $4,402,546
Raymond Felton $3,793,693 $3,950,313

Didn't try the ESPN trade machine but Garnett would clear out like 5 guys from your bench even if Felton was included. Like I said Mavs don't have much for trade bait if you don't trade one of your starters. You guys got most of your salary into the starters. Also Nets have maxed roster. So doubt they wanna do a 1 for 5 deal. Then waive 4 players.

Nothing against KG and his value but the deal and his earnings...it's goddamn awfull. Giving up guys like Devin is unreal as well.

We're still in the lead whenever Rashard Lewis returns and we're in the mix for Jermain. However after a call from Cleveland he might be chasing the money instead. Anyway, there are other options left right now and especially once the trading mill begins, there will be plenty more. Possibly nothing outstanding but decent to fill in and get the job done.

Crackadalic
01-04-2015, 01:26 PM
I hope we go on a fire sales. IDC if its a future 2nd 10 years from now

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-04-2015, 01:31 PM
Nothing against KG and his value but the deal and his earnings...it's goddamn awfull. Giving up guys like Devin is unreal as well.

We're still in the lead whenever Rashard Lewis returns and we're in the mix for Jermain. However after a call from Cleveland he might be chasing the money instead. Anyway, there are other options left right now and especially once the trading mill begins, there will be plenty more. Possibly nothing outstanding but decent to fill in and get the job done. Jermaine O'Neal really isn't much of a prize though. I laughed when his name surfaced. He was washed up when Pacers traded him to Toronto years ago.

Federal Reserve
01-04-2015, 02:00 PM
The Knicks are looking to waive Dalembert, who makes around 1.8 million of guaranteed money. I am sure a second round pick is all it takes for a trade to happen.

AnthonyTyrael2
01-04-2015, 02:09 PM
Jermaine O'Neal really isn't much of a prize though. I laughed when his name surfaced. He was washed up when Pacers traded him to Toronto years ago.

He's not that bad. Especially not in todays NBA. Considering our history with centers in a Mavs uniform, he's gold as a back up. Better than Bradley, Diop, James, Raef (mainly Pf but also C) and all the others whose names I have already forgotten. So, thanks, if he's signing here at the end of (some) day.

IgglesFanInCO
01-04-2015, 02:11 PM
As a Bucks fan we all been clamoring for a Lawson trade. I'd cough up a unprotected 2015 first and salary filler for Lawson. Lawson would put us over the top and make it to second round playoffs easily in weak east.

So would a lot of teams, problem is its not even close to worth it for the Nuggets. Lawson is the least likely veteran on the team to be moved and is worth a hell of a lot more than that. That offer gets laughed off the phone

Verbal Christ
01-04-2015, 02:35 PM
Rockets could stand to offer up a package of say: Beverly,TJones, PELS pick and teams pick of young guys (Canaan,NIck Johnson,Clint Capela etc...) for a bonafide playmaker. Dragic,Lawson whoever can help this team move the ball and create.

Goose17
01-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Rockets could stand to offer up a package of say: Beverly,TJones, PELS pick and teams pick of young guys (Canaan,NIck Johnson,Clint Capela etc...) for a bonafide playmaker. Dragic,Lawson whoever can help this team move the ball and create.

And take the ball out of Hardens hands? Bench Beverley? Seriously? I never would have thought a Houston fan would be in favour of that.

Mr.B
01-04-2015, 02:45 PM

We're still in the lead whenever Rashard Lewis returns and we're in the mix for Jermain. However after a call from Cleveland he might be chasing the money instead. Anyway, there are other options left right now and especially once the trading mill begins, there will be plenty more. Possibly nothing outstanding but decent to fill in and get the job done.

Yea I'm thinking money is the reason he hasn't signed yet. Pretty much every team that wants to sign him is only offering the vet min. Based in the comment he made about his family I think in order for him to leave his family's ta going to have to be more than the vet min (which no one will offer).

Every year there are a hand full of vets that are cut in order to sign with other teams (like Josh Smith). Dallas' best bet may be to try and sign one of those players.

Verbal Christ
01-04-2015, 02:54 PM
And take the ball out of Hardens hands? Bench Beverley? Seriously? I never would have thought a Houston fan would be in favour of that.

You're not watching the team every game obviously. A biased outside fan opinion shouldnt sway the cold hard truths that face this team. Harden shouldnt have to handle the ball every single play. The movement becomes stagnant and predictable. Beverly is a nice player, not by any means untouchable. A brief history of this team should let you know just how much PGs are interchangeable in this system, this current dynamic and lineup just so happens to need one that can do more than spot up shooting.

AnthonyTyrael2
01-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Yea I'm thinking money is the reason he hasn't signed yet. Pretty much every team that wants to sign him is only offering the vet min. Based in the comment he made about his family I think in order for him to leave his family's ta going to have to be more than the vet min (which no one will offer).

Every year there are a hand full of vets that are cut in order to sign with other teams (like Josh Smith). Dallas' best bet may be to try and sign one of those players.

I do agree with u. Since Mavs plan seem to work out better this year, I'm hopefull and in my list I forgot Haywood and Dalembvert. So it can't get worse than those 7-8 guys that I mentioned.

Mr.B
01-04-2015, 03:37 PM
I do agree with u. Since Mavs plan seem to work out better this year, I'm hopefull and in my list I forgot Haywood and Dalembvert. So it can't get worse than those 7-8 guys that I mentioned.

Who is Haywood playing for now?

AnthonyTyrael2
01-04-2015, 03:48 PM
Who is Haywood playing for now?

Cavs, dude. Isn't he on the bench tonight?

CELTICS4LYFE
01-08-2015, 09:24 AM
Memphis interested in Jeff Green or Deng?? Get on the phones Danny!

xcnxgh
01-08-2015, 10:36 AM
Cleveland comes to mind, they underperforming, have now injuries issues, they'll probably make a move. http://ehealthca.com/hu12uk1.jpg http://ehealthca.com/ipad/images/123.gif

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-09-2015, 09:09 AM
Bucks waived Wolters and signed KMart to 10 day contract. Kidd's old buddy. :oldguy:

xcfbhx
01-09-2015, 09:58 AM
Cleveland comes to mind, they underperforming, have now injuries issues, they'll probably make a move. http://ehealthca.com/ipad/images/123.gif http://ehealthca.com/hu12uk1.jpg

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-09-2015, 12:11 PM
Cleveland comes to mind, they underperforming, have now injuries issues, they'll probably make a move. http://ehealthca.com/ipad/images/123.gif http://ehealthca.com/hu12uk1.jpg

They already did by landing Shumpert, JR Smith, Mozgov and two first round picks. Not sure what else they could trade to get any better? Them first's are very late. Only legit trade piece left is Irving. AV injured. Thompson is so so. Unless they think Love bolts and they wanna cash in quick? Think they hang onto him for dear life. Just to keep LeBron happy.

Mr.B
01-09-2015, 02:21 PM
They already did by landing Shumpert, JR Smith, Mozgov and two first round picks. Not sure what else they could trade to get any better? Them first's are very late. Only legit trade piece left is Irving. AV injured. Thompson is so so. Unless they think Love bolts and they wanna cash in quick? Think they hang onto him for dear life. Just to keep LeBron happy.

They need to be worried about Labron bolting too. I have a feeling that he is going to bolt if they don't make it to the Finals.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-09-2015, 02:38 PM
That's would be crazy if LeBron and Love bolts and Cavs left with Irving, JR Smith, Shumpert, Thompson and injured AV and couple late picks as well as their own. Not much of a promise. That's flat out lottery team then. Irving probably demand a trade then.

Crackadalic
01-09-2015, 03:08 PM

Didn't they trade those picks to get Mozzy?

AnthonyTyrael2
01-09-2015, 04:16 PM
They need to be worried about Labron bolting too. I have a feeling that he is going to bolt if they don't make it to the Finals.

Offtopic, sorry: I dunno what he's thinking and expecting. It's their first year, so anyways he should calm down in case he has those expectactions. On the ofter side, he's walking the easiest road since years, not the rocky one and already lost 3 of 5 finals. Not to mention how lucky he can be about those two he won. At least for one, he should thank God and Popovich for on each and every day, on which he wakes up. He's an awesome player but that's it.

Topic: I'm expecting more trades than we saw in recent years. Even already great teams like Houston and GS are looking to upgrade. Dallas pulled the trigger with Rondo, Houston answered with Smith and teams already on top with a stacked roster full of sheer unbelievable talent feel challenged to keep them in distance now.

It's freaky and will be even freakier how awesome some teams will be, with the money to be available in just a few seasons from now. No more big threes but big fours, filled with other stars and veterans which once were stars or superstars like KG, Allen. Bad for small market teams and NBA basketball at all....except youth and fresh talent entering the league but oh well, the past drafts showed otherwise. Sure there are young guns but the number of them is way too low.

Mr.B
01-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Offtopic, sorry: I dunno what he's thinking and expecting. It's their first year, so anyways he should calm down in case he has those expectactions. On the ofter side, he's walking the easiest road since years, not the rocky one and already lost 3 of 5 finals. Not to mention how lucky he can be about those two. At least for one, he should thank God and Popovich for on each and every day, in which he wakes up.

Topic: I'm expexting more trades than we saw in recent years. Even already great teams like Houston and GS are looking to upgrade. Dallas pulled the trigger with Rondo, Houston answered with Smith and teams already on top with a stacked roster full of sheer unbelievable talent feel challenged to keep them in distance now.

It's freaky and will be even freakier how awesome some teams will be, with the money to be available in just a few seasons from now. No more big threes but big fours, filled with other stars and veterans which once were stars or superstars like KG, Allen. Bad for small market teams and NBA basketball at all....except youth and fresh talent entering the league but oh well, the past drafts showed otherwise. Sure there are young guns but the number of them is way too low.

Yea I'm expecting a lot more trades this year too. I'm hoping the Mavs can get thief backup big man at the deadline. If not there is still also a chance that towards the end of the season someone gets cut that the Mavs can sign.

Vinylman
01-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Didn't they trade those picks to get Mozzy?

yeah... i was just gonna post that... they shipped the picks for mozgov

AnthonyTyrael2
01-09-2015, 04:34 PM
The West is getting better and better. Even teams with rather worse records, would have a better one if they would play more the East instead of their Division and Conference. Big market Teams like NY vor NJ are struggling, just like Lakers but even they can surprise and win a few games.Detroit is having a hell of a run right now, with their bigs, D and shooting but then it's only Bulls, Wiz, Atlanta and Raps. Of those only Chicago is experienced enough but they won't get it done too, AS in reaching the Finals. Promising teams like them pop out now and then, the least make it. See OKC who already traded this year too, Clippers...maybe GS will be different. They all were labelled future champions early on, none won it.

Vampirate
01-09-2015, 05:02 PM
The West is getting better and better. Even teams with rather worse records, would have a better one if they would play more the East instead of their Division and Conference. Big market Teams like NY vor NJ are struggling, just like Lakers but even they can surprise and win a few games.Detroit is having a hell of a run right now, with their bigs, D and shooting but then it's only Bulls, Wiz, Atlanta and Raps. Of those only Chicago is experienced enough but they won't get it done too, AS in reaching the Finals. Promising teams like them pop out now and then, the least make it. See OKC who already traded this year too, Clippers...maybe GS will be different. They all were labelled future champions early on, none won it.

I notice you didn't include the Cavs here, nothing more than an observation really.

AnthonyTyrael2
01-09-2015, 05:06 PM
I notice you didn't include the Cavs here, nothing more than an observation really.

Yes, because they are obviously a different kind. If not this year, then the following for sure. Better chance than most I named. Also didn't mention Miami and Memphis. Hope that doesn't hurt anyones feeling too. Will be interesting if Gasol and KD stay put or move on. Better the second to next if for the money. Durant should move on imo. They had Harden and ofter pieces, outcome is known. Nothing changed but all are waiting for Timmy to retire. Spurs will be tough to beat in a few years too. Got the right mix together to stay competetive and it is proben already. Not winning championships perhaps but staying high enough. They know business unless...I'll better stop.

ManningToTyree
01-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Would anybody want Calderon

smith&wesson
01-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Would anybody want Calderon

sure the raps always have a door open to calderon for the right deal.. would you guys consider lou williams and tyler hansborough ? two expiring contracts to give you further cap relief for next year to surround melo with talent.