PDA

View Full Version : A solid hour of Wilt Chamberlain highlights:

CavaliersFTW
01-02-2015, 11:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zirehYtoxoI

Never been done before, some footage never seen before. Years in the making. Enjoy :cheers:

jaydubb
01-03-2015, 12:44 PM
I don't care what people say, he woulda dominated today's game no doubt.

R. Johnson#3
01-03-2015, 01:09 PM
I don't care what people say, he woulda dominated today's game no doubt.

I really want to know who says he wouldn't.

PurpleLynch
01-03-2015, 06:43 PM
This video was just ****ing amazing. Thanks,keep the excellent work and good luck. I'm still hype after one hour of that video.

Chronz
01-04-2015, 06:23 AM
So this is THE Finished version of what we've seen in the past. Right

Either way, playing it on the big screen.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-04-2015, 01:33 PM
Yeah I was gonna say didn't we already have a thread on this video months ago....

Federal Reserve
01-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Wilt Chamberlain is a poor man's Ben Wallace. Look at the competition that Chamberlain had to play against; it's laughable.

PurpleLynch
01-04-2015, 02:42 PM
Wilt Chamberlain is a poor man's Ben Wallace. Look at the competition that Chamberlain had to play against; it's laughable.

Kareem,Thurmond,Russell,Reed,Cowens,Hayes,Bellamy. ..and these are just centers...

PurpleLynch
01-04-2015, 03:08 PM
^ Sorry,I've just learned now that you have this "kind" of opinion...so sorry Mr.Troll...

ghettosean
01-04-2015, 03:38 PM
When Arnold Schwarzenegger is saying this guy was a monster and couldn't believe how strong he was that tells you a little something.

Dude was a beast I like the side by side with Shaq to show just how big and strong he really was he would dominate today without a doubt. If he had the same training and nutritional advantages that players have today it's terrifying to think how powerful and dominate he would be.

PowerHouse
01-04-2015, 04:01 PM

:laugh:

You're damn right its laughable. The absurdity of this comment that is. Troll on my friend.

Goose17
01-04-2015, 04:27 PM
What a legend. I love old footage like this. It's like finding footage of Big foot, aliens or Nessie haha.

jaydubb
01-04-2015, 05:33 PM

Please tell me in the last 40 years, who in the NBA had all of the following:

1. 4.4 40 yard dash time (would be a great modern day 40 time for NFL players)

2. Vertical jump that gets his hand close to the top of the backboard (just on vert)

3. Bench press 600 lbs

4. 11.5" wide hands and 9.5" long

Oh yeah, and the guys also has to be at least 7'1 and weigh 280+ with an 8 foot 4 inch wingspan..

Wilt chamberlain would dominate against anyone in any era.. He's the most gifted athlete of all time period. Yea he dominated against people smaller then him in his era, but he'd also dominate any other era just because of his physical advantages against that competition.

Bruno
01-04-2015, 06:12 PM
Wilt is amazing.

kingsdelez24
01-04-2015, 08:25 PM
I'd have wilt averaging 30 and 20 in todays Nba

Bruno
01-04-2015, 09:19 PM
I'd have wilt averaging 30 and 20 in todays Nba

'60-66 Wilt would have been in the 35-39 ppg range, if you adjust his numbers for pace.

Federal Reserve
01-05-2015, 02:00 AM
If Wilt Chamberlain is so good, why did he get shutdown by Bill Russell in every game they played against each other? The guy couldn't play against centers who were big. How many teams did he lead to the championship? How many titles did he win as THE GUY? ZERO. He was a big loser who cared about his stats. He wasn't a team player. How come no one ever brings up this guy's team success? Do you want to know why? Because he was a loser who played against weak competition. He was a stat padder, plain and simple. I have ZERO respect for such a player. He would get exposed in every other era of the NBA.

CavaliersFTW
01-05-2015, 02:49 AM
If Wilt Chamberlain is so good, why did he get shutdown by Bill Russell in every game they played against each other? The guy couldn't play against centers who were big. How many teams did he lead to the championship? How many titles did he win as THE GUY? ZERO. He was a big loser who cared about his stats. He wasn't a team player. How come no one ever brings up this guy's team success? Do you want to know why? Because he was a loser who played against weak competition. He was a stat padder, plain and simple. I have ZERO respect for such a player. He would get exposed in every other era of the NBA.
Wilt's career averages against Russell: 28ppg 28rpg

Wow how terrible.

Goose17
01-05-2015, 03:18 AM

Did you see him play or are you just basing this off stuff other people have told you? Wilt scored 50 or more points seven times against Russell, including a high of 62 on January 14, 1962. How did he shut him down? Winning the game isn't the same as shutting down an individual player.

And weak competition? Bob Pettit, Walt Bellamy, Jerry Lucas, Thurmond, Unseld, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Artis Gilmore, Bob Lanier and more. There was more depth at the 5 then than there is now that's for sure.

This "weak competition" thing is one of the biggest load of B.S that has ever existed. You make an interesting point about stat stuffing, but weak competition? Never.

CavaliersFTW
01-05-2015, 03:43 AM
Faced short white guys like Kareem, Bellamy and Reed on a regular basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpTsggmiEkU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv9LhEH3YCw

PurpleLynch
01-05-2015, 05:44 AM

AH,quit trolling. You are embarassing yourself. You clearly don't know anything about him and the league in those years.

kingsdelez24
01-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Shut down to 62 points...

Oh

Rain City
01-05-2015, 04:44 PM
the only athlete that i can compare to wilt is babe ruth. if there wasn't footage, believing how good he really was would seem far fetched. incredible. thanks for the post.

Rain City
01-05-2015, 04:51 PM
does watching the vid help you have more admiration for shaq? he's the only other player in almost 100 yrs of pro basketball who had wilt's size, strength and athleticism. i can't think of another player outside of those 2 that are even close. nor is there a player on the horizon.

remarkably, wilt combined it with olympian level body control, speed and conditioning. averaged more than 48 min per game in a season. and you know he had to take a pounding. doesnt make sense.

kingsdelez24
01-05-2015, 05:51 PM
does watching the vid help you have more admiration for shaq? he's the only other player in almost 100 yrs of pro basketball who had wilt's size, strength and athleticism. i can't think of another player outside of those 2 that are even close. nor is there a player on the horizon.

remarkably, wilt combined it with olympian level body control, speed and conditioning. averaged more than 48 min per game in a season. and you know he had to take a pounding. doesnt make sense.

I feel comfortable saying the world, let alone the league, will never see another athelete of Wilt's caliber

Federal Reserve
01-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Did you see him play or are you just basing this off stuff other people have told you? Wilt scored 50 or more points seven times against Russell, including a high of 62 on January 14, 1962. How did he shut him down? Winning the game isn't the same as shutting down an individual player.

And weak competition? Bob Pettit, Walt Bellamy, Jerry Lucas, Thurmond, Unseld, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Artis Gilmore, Bob Lanier and more. There was more depth at the 5 then than there is now that's for sure.

This "weak competition" thing is one of the biggest load of B.S that has ever existed. You make an interesting point about stat stuffing, but weak competition? Never.

Russell is 84-58 against Wilt Chamberlain. If Wilt Chamberlain is so good, where are his rings? He had to join other superstars to win two rings. He struggled to win rings in a league with 8 teams. Count Russell's rings, and then explain to me how Chamberlain is a good player. He is the most OVERRATED player in NBA history. What a joke.

nandovelez
01-05-2015, 08:40 PM
Haha wilt is a goat

nandovelez
01-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Wilt is the closest human being i have ever read or watch that was literally a super human. His fitness basketball and even volleyball and track and field achievments are amazing and at his size to bench the amount he benched to run as fast as he did. The endurance to play 48.5 minutes a game for a whole season which i believe os probably the greatest record in sports when u see the pace they played at he was 75 years ahead of his time all without modern medicine