PDA

View Full Version : Can Cousins be the face of a franchise?

GiantsSwaGG
12-31-2014, 07:11 PM
The guy is a great player and quite frankly on his way to bring probably top 3 in the NBA. But with all the talent he still lacks leadership and is still immature. With the kind of talent he has, he should be the face of the franchise/leading the team but can he?

abe_froman
12-31-2014, 07:29 PM
isnt he the face of the kings franchise?

JEDean89
12-31-2014, 07:30 PM
yes, he needs to raise his FG a little higher but he is a superstar. Jusuf Nurkic is the next Cousins too :)

kingsdelez24
12-31-2014, 09:19 PM
He needs to play for a franchise that doesn't consistently make a joke of themselves year in and year out with brainless decisions

#cherrypickvivek

kingsdelez24
12-31-2014, 09:25 PM
I don't condone what he did to Marcus Smart, but the rookie guard should know better than to grind up like that on an established Center like Cousins

Sactown
12-31-2014, 09:30 PM
Absolutely he is, the leadership is there as the players have his back completely and before firing our head coach he lead us to a great record when he was on the cout..

He made a mistake today and he was the first to admit it..

Smart undercut his knees and he didn't react well to it... His response wasn't appropriate but neither is doing that to another player

ackar
12-31-2014, 09:38 PM
I thought he was the face of the Kings Franchise already? But I get what OP is saying. I think he was on his way but with Malone now gone as we seen last night his old habits are starting to creep back in.

Tony_Starks
12-31-2014, 09:40 PM
*sidenote*

I didnt know that Tyga was smashing Vivek ( or however you spell it) daughter? She's not too shabby either!

Jamiecballer
01-01-2015, 02:09 AM
Yes, a Wendy's franchise

DitchDat
01-01-2015, 06:49 AM
The talent is there, he just needs to keep his head straight.

KnickNyKnick
01-01-2015, 11:13 AM
he can also get endorsements from peptobismol

likemystylez
01-01-2015, 11:50 AM
I don't condone what he did to Marcus Smart, but the rookie guard should know better than to grind up like that on an established Center like Cousins

what exactly has cousins established? LMAO- he hasnt even taken the kings to the playoffs once. Hes established that he isnt interested in helping a team win games and hed rather throw a temper tantrum than be a part of his team being competitive

hes been tanking every year with the kings- hes basically established just as much as smart

likemystylez
01-01-2015, 11:54 AM
Absolutely he is, the leadership is there as the players have his back completely and before firing our head coach he lead us to a great record when he was on the cout..

He made a mistake today and he was the first to admit it..

Smart undercut his knees and he didn't react well to it... His response wasn't appropriate but neither is doing that to another player

Umm smart was just trying to get in rebounding position- he was turned around to cousins. Cousins should be suspended for the remainder of the year. That was every bit as bad as the sprewell incident in 1997.

Sactown
01-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Umm smart was just trying to get in rebounding position- he was turned around to cousins. Cousins should be suspended for the remainder of the year. That was every bit as bad as the sprewell incident in 1997.

You're as bad as every single one of the trolls on this sight. You spew crap constantly and should be suspended from PSD through the rest of the season

likemystylez
01-01-2015, 01:03 PM
You're as bad as every single one of the trolls on this sight. You spew crap constantly and should be suspended from PSD through the rest of the season

gee, I wonder which one of us is bias here.....I cant believe you think cousins was in the right there though and somehow smart is the bad guy. get a grip

SlimKid
01-01-2015, 01:10 PM
My head hurts after reading this nonsense...

Knightsport
01-01-2015, 01:18 PM
gee, I wonder which one of us is bias here.....I cant believe you think cousins was in the right there though and somehow smart is the bad guy. get a grip

They were both wrong but Smart was the antagonist (as he always is) and absolutely took a cheap shot at Cousins knees.

Also, there's much more to boxing out than backing your *** up into an opposing player.

likemystylez
01-01-2015, 02:10 PM
They were both wrong but Smart was the antagonist (as he always is) and absolutely took a cheap shot at Cousins knees.

Also, there's much more to boxing out than backing your *** up into an opposing player.

it didnt look like that dirty of a play by smart- was there something that had happened before the actualy boxing out and then being thrown- maybe on a recent play

kingsdelez24
01-01-2015, 04:19 PM

it didnt look like that dirty of a play by smart- was there something that had happened before the actualy boxing out and then being thrown- maybe on a recent play

You're a complete simpleton who compared a complete failure of a human being in Spreewell, who choked his coach for telling him to throw crisper passes

To

A Center (who has sat out with knee strains and bruises in the past) reacting to a guard going for cheap shots to his knees like that

What Cousins did was in the heat of the moment, and a rookie should know better than to try and disrupt a game like that

Howard_Zinn
01-01-2015, 04:30 PM
Yes. Celtics make a ton of sense too.. They really don't have a number 1 guy.. Cousins can move right in and that will be his team.

Howard_Zinn
01-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Boston has all those draft picks too.. Time to tear it down Kings. Celtics are the best option for both Cousins and the Kings.

likemystylez
01-01-2015, 04:51 PM
You're a complete simpleton who compared a complete failure of a human being in Spreewell, who choked his coach for telling him to throw crisper passes

To

A Center (who has sat out with knee strains and bruises in the past) reacting to a guard going for cheap shots to his knees like that

What Cousins did was in the heat of the moment, and a rookie should know better than to try and disrupt a game like that

OK watching the video- if you really believe that is going after someones knees- thats a very very very indirect way of attacking someones knees... with your back to them and getting low so they cant move you as easily.... (when the guy behind you has 50-60 lbs on you)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFPG8aapllw

likemystylez
01-01-2015, 04:53 PM

To

also- what difference does it make if smart is a rookie? is there a different set of dirty plays (as you seem to think that was) for veterans that is acceptable than for a rookie?

LOl why would smart care if cousins got hurt. they are in different conferences and boston was already killing the kings in that game

Tumstock
01-02-2015, 08:35 AM
Sac fans never get tired of defending this guy? It was a regular ****ing boxout, the guy just looses it as soon as something gets in his way.

Sacramento is a ****** franchise anyway, he can be their ugly face.

sp6r=underrated
01-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Yes. He has shown MVP level talent in the NBA. His physical advantages over other bigs are immense. He would always have a strength advantage in any NBA time period but with other teams going small this is magnified. He has also proven to be an unorthodox but effective rim protector. His only major weakness is fouling which hurts a defense more than most people realize. He'll never be elite at avoiding fouls but many bigs early in the career struggle in this area. I expect his foul rate will always be elevated but lower in the near future.

Even with that weakness he should be left on the court more often than he is. I'd rather have him foul out on a regular basis than only have him on the court for 32 mpg.

The reason he has so many doubters is his immaturity. It is a problem but he is far from a Dennis Rodman level headcase. I'm not sure Shaq was much better on the mental makeup front.