PDA

View Full Version : Chris Broussard sucks

The Best Around
12-31-2014, 01:18 PM
Link- http://www.moronball.com/?p=617

"There is nothing more annoying than awful news reporting. Okay, so there are a few things. But ESPN’s Chris Broussard does an unintentionally, excellent job of getting on everyone’s nerves. His fake reporting and fake “sources” really takes the cake. Here are just example of the not-so-excelelnt work that Chris has done.

Example #1 (Twitter): Source: Deron Williams tells Nets he’s staying in Brooklyn
(Minutes prior, Williams tweeted that he “made a very tough decision today”, and posted a Nets logo)

Example #2 (Twitter): Eric Gordon told me this “I strongly feel (the Suns) are the right franchise for me. Phoenix is just where my heart is”
(That’s nice and all, except for the fact that Eric Gordon made an announcement with THESE EXACT WORDS in it.)

Example #3 (Twitter): New Orleans thinks Noel’s a 5 and Davis, with better offensive perimeter skills, is a 4, so they can play together, source says”
(Philadelphia had a trade agreement with New Orleans before the draft that would send Noel to Philadelphia, if Noel were to fall to New Orleans. So there was never even a 1% chance of Noel playing in New Orleans, yet this source apparently knew of the franchise’s plans.)

Example #4: In 2010, a highly-placed executive told Broussard “I think it’s a done deal” in terms of LeBron James going to Chicago. On television, he said the Bulls were LeBron’s #1 option.
(Stephen A. Smith and countless others said, even in 2010, that the “Big Three” going to Miami was done well in advance. Chicago was never a serious option for James.)

Example #5: Chris Broussard spreading a rumor that the Clippers and Knicks were discussing a trade involving Blake Griffin for Carmelo Anthony.
(Yes, the Clippers were clearly going to send a top-5 MVP candidate, who has not even hit his prime yet, for someone who was going to become a free agent and seek a contract north of $120 million.)

Example #6: Broussard tweeted how LeBron was hung up on Dan Gilbert’s letter. Less than an hour later, SI.Com posted the article of LeBron James making his announcement that he was returning to Cleveland. The story was also written the day before. And that also means that LeBron and Gilbert hashed things out many days before that.
(But despite the letter already being written, Broussard was able to let us know that Dan Gilbert might be preventing LeBron from returning to Cleveland.)

Example #7 (Twitter): “Done deal. LeBron to Cavs, credit to Lee Jenkins story in SI. Source confirms”.
(Phew, we are so glad that Broussard’s source was able to confirm the Si.Com story that was basically written by LeBron James himself.)

Example #8 (Twitter): “Source who spoke with KLove says he would definitely “100 pct” stay in Cleveland longterm if LeBron is there”.
(Despite the numerous times where Love’s camp says he will be testing free agency this off-season.)

Example #9: “CP3 & D12 hope to team up next season. Have been texting back & forth to figure it out. Story up soon on espn.com”
(Yes, because of all the zero dollars that the Clippers had to throw at Howard.)

Example #10 (on Bledsoe): “Looking like qualifying offer. Relationship w/Phx going n wrong direction”.
(A week or two later, Bledsoe signed a 4-year deal worth $48 million, so clearly the relationship just totally sucks.)

Example #11 (Twitter): “Source: Cavs have told Wiggins he’s not being traded”.
(Anyone with half a brain knew this trade was in place for a long time. LeBron did not even mention Wiggins in his letter.)

Example #12 (Twitter): “Chris Bosh has decided to sign with Rockets if LeBron James leaves Heat”.
(Last time we checked, LeBron James left the Heat, and Chris Bosh did not sign with the Rockets.)

Example #13 (Twitter): “Source: D12 has landed in LA & told Lakers it’s 50-50 btwn them and the Rockets. He’s having 2nd thoughts about leaving $30 mill on the table”.
(Howard ended up signing with the Rockets that SAME DAY, so obviously he was not having second thoughts.)

Example #14 (Twitter): “I’m told CP3 will make it official today that he’s re-signing with Clippers”
(His “source” on this one was probably Chris Paul announcing this on Twitter.)

Those are 14 of the many examples. But as you can see, “idiocy” is a huge qualification that all journalists should possess when they aspire to write for ESPN."

PurpleLynch
12-31-2014, 01:23 PM
Yeah,he absolutely sucks.

goingfor28
12-31-2014, 01:26 PM
So does skip. You realize first take is staged, right? Espn pays them to argue like idiots.

2-ONE-5
12-31-2014, 02:33 PM
we all kniow he sucks but that was funny to read back on

2-ONE-5
12-31-2014, 02:36 PM
So does skip. You realize first take is staged, right? Espn pays them to argue like idiots.

how is this the same?

JEDean89
12-31-2014, 03:06 PM
they are all the bill oreillys and shawn hannitys of espn

Chronz
12-31-2014, 03:27 PM
Broussard is the least credible reporter of all time. I would rather listen to PSD make **** up than his nonsensical ramblings.

Slug3
12-31-2014, 03:37 PM

Skip is just a troll and that's what he is paid to do. Broussard either just throws things out there and hope they are close to being correct, or he just takes what others say and acts like its his insider knowledge.

goingfor28
12-31-2014, 03:40 PM
how is this the same?
Only read the title, not the context. My bad. They both still suck though haha

The Best Around
12-31-2014, 04:01 PM

Skip Bayless is actually pretty smart. Stephen A is not. But yes, everything is fabricated of course.

2-ONE-5
12-31-2014, 05:51 PM
I've met Stehpen A (worked at Philly.com same time he did in the same dept.) he is a lot different and a lot more quiet in person

JV35
12-31-2014, 05:56 PM
Broussard either just throws things out there and hope they are close to being correct, or he just takes what others say and acts like its his insider knowledge.

Like every other clueless, annoying, lifeless **** on Twitter.

GiantsSwaGG
12-31-2014, 06:05 PM
http://youtu.be/pNVrfOuIM7M