PDA

View Full Version : It's That Time Again: Kyle Lowry

Vampirate
12-31-2014, 12:00 PM
The criteria:

True Superstar: The cream of the crop and the most revered of players, they are no doubters who when you think of leaders to championships they come to mind.

Superstar: Leaders who have great stats and lead their teams to a lot of wins, however questions come to mind if they can win a championships as the main piece.

Franchise Player: Regarded as the building blocks of teams, these players are in between the Superstar and All Star Status as they have great stats but questions arise if they can lead a team deep into the playoffs.

All Star: Reserved for players who have great stats and can will their teams to victory but questions arise if they can lead a team to a great record let alone get deep in the playoffs.

Franchise Player (name only): Where once in the higher echelon of players however due to whatever reason their play has slipped but due to past play fans know of their names and grade them higher than their play indicates.

Star: Reserved for a player who can single handily lead their team to a victory, however these players cannot repeat this consistently during the season.

Starter: Nothing fancy here, solid player who once in a while can get star stats but not often, still won't cost the team many victories.

6th man: The line between starter and effective bench player. A talented type of player who has starter stuff but is too flawed to be used consistently during the game.

Effective Bench Player: The reserves that while not good-great all around can excell at what they do to mitigate their minuses and can sometimes look like a starter.

Bench Player: Can do what an effective bench player does but will never wow you, they can be good at times but you hope they don't give away the lead.

*** sitter: They only exist in case of injuries or absolute garbage time to soak away minutes when players of a higher caliber need rest, including bench players.

It's that time again, an installment where you grade where a player would properly rank in your mind. In today's installment we look at Kyle Lowry, perhaps one of the hardest players to rank imo, Raptor fans may overate him, others might underrate him.

Where do you rank him?

FriedTofuz
12-31-2014, 03:03 PM
If I made a thread like this, raptor fans would give me ****

Raps18-19 Champ
12-31-2014, 03:56 PM
If I made a thread like this, raptor fans would give me ****

He's done it for like 3 other players before. You make threads that are just embarrassing for the purpose of hyping up the Raptors and bashing the Knicks (or other franchise). Granted, I can just feel this thread will be embarrassing due to the many that will be overhyping Lowry but at least the OP has a track record for making this type of thread.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-31-2014, 03:57 PM
Should've said star.

Tony_Starks
12-31-2014, 04:01 PM
Torn between star and starter, need to see what transpires in the playoffs before I can really decide....

Cal827
12-31-2014, 05:29 PM
I think he's a star, but will need more time watching him to set my decision in stone.

But I can confirm one thing.

Miltstar is a homer :laugh2:

smith&wesson
12-31-2014, 05:43 PM
This year ? Lowry is def an all star!! the W/L column and stats speak for themselves.

Miltstar
01-01-2015, 02:40 PM
Miltstar is a homer :laugh2:

Bait thread after a bad game deserves a troll vote ;P

bucketss
01-01-2015, 04:37 PM
hes atleast an all star c'mon

aman_13
01-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Definitely all star.

Ezio
01-01-2015, 04:49 PM
He should be leading the ASG for East guards so I'll vote AS.

HoopsDrive
01-01-2015, 09:00 PM
All-star this year but given his track record I'm voting star. I wanna see him keep this up for this entire season and going forward as well, I think he can do it.

FriedTofuz
01-03-2015, 02:46 AM
He's done it for like 3 other players before. You make threads that are just embarrassing for the purpose of hyping up the Raptors and bashing the Knicks (or other franchise). Granted, I can just feel this thread will be embarrassing due to the many that will be overhyping Lowry but at least the OP has a track record for making this type of thread.

I've made threads that have stimulated meaningful discussions, I made one raptor thread and that very one got closed down. You may remember some threads better and disregard others if you had emotion tied to the memory and thus would remember it better, but I dont think it's fair to act as if all I post is negativity or bashes.
I dont understand this hypocrisy, which fan on PSD has not "bashed" the knicks. By saying anything negative about the knicks, it's considered bashing, you yourself have done the same. Move along.

mike_noodles
01-03-2015, 10:14 AM
By the definition given above he is a franchise player.

R. Johnson#3
01-03-2015, 01:11 PM
All star

akesh99
01-03-2015, 01:45 PM
All star fo sho

SeoulBeatz
01-03-2015, 02:01 PM
All Star at least.
Most underrated player in the league.

Blitzbolt
01-03-2015, 07:25 PM
The guy can't win in the playoffs so I just ignore him or not rank him anywhere.

Corey
01-03-2015, 08:32 PM
The guy can't win in the playoffs so I just ignore him or not rank him anywhere.

He's only started 7 playoff games. The other 12 were when he was 22 in a backup role with spotty minutes.

In those 7 starts, he put up 21/5/5 and produced a .130 WS/48, all while being an above average (near elite) defender for his position. He's adept at getting to the line, solid shooter from every area of the floor, good defender. You cant really ask for much more out of a player. He's also progressed each year he's been in Toronto, and he's in the midst of his best year as a pro.