PDA

View Full Version : Is LeBron's need for a attention turning him cancerous?

ewing
12-31-2014, 10:07 AM
30 games into his second Cavs tenure and there are already stories about him bolting, the coach seems be on the chopping block, everyone is under an extreme microscope, etc

PurpleLynch
12-31-2014, 10:13 AM
Nope. Media are doing their ****** job as usual,just get a target and shoot it until it's destroyed.
They just want our attention and they need to "overreact" to any problem a team has,just to "trend".
Unfortunately for Lebron,he hasn't the mental toughness to tolerate all this media's BS and his performances are just reflecting his struggle.

kingsdelez24
12-31-2014, 10:41 AM
It feels like the media got used to bringing up any possibly LeBron angle they can ever since the decision

But then again, him going back to Cleveland was once just a media driven "what-if"

Hawkeye15
12-31-2014, 10:49 AM
media crap. Can you imagine the period in time where Kobe was asking for a trade in today's media?

kingsdelez24
12-31-2014, 10:52 AM
media crap. Can you imagine the period in time where Kobe was asking for a trade in today's media?

*shudders* It's scenarios like this that make me glad social media wasn't nearly as large of a thing back then. The seemingly nonstop twitter coverage of the Dwightmare was bad enough

Hawkeye15
12-31-2014, 10:56 AM
*shudders* It's scenarios like this that make me glad social media wasn't nearly as large of a thing back then. The seemingly nonstop twitter coverage of the Dwightmare was bad enough

imagine MJ's sudden retirement, or Magic's HIV scenario with modern media haha

KnicksorBust
12-31-2014, 11:09 AM
No. These rumors about him leaving are garbage. He is a Cav for life.

curtcocaine
12-31-2014, 11:12 AM
No. These rumors about him leaving are garbage. He is a Cav for life.
Thanks bro I was having a bad morning, truly needed that laugh!

Tony_Starks
12-31-2014, 11:35 AM
Can't put this on Lebron. He's like the Kardashians of the NBA, whatever he does or doesn't do is going to be a story.

jerellh528
12-31-2014, 11:48 AM
Yes, he's a diva.

Jamiecballer
12-31-2014, 12:33 PM
Lebron doesn't need attention, it's on him 24/7 already. it's the retards in the media and sports forums that are the cancer.

Crackadalic
12-31-2014, 12:40 PM
Guess Sheep's will always be sheep's

cahawk
12-31-2014, 12:47 PM
This is a troll thread.
Nothing on Lebron leaving just a poster trying to stir stuff up.

ewing
12-31-2014, 02:05 PM
i'm the one thats grandstanding :confused:

Vampirate
12-31-2014, 02:32 PM
Can we go a few weeks without over reacting on the Cavs and Lebron either way?

Shareeb_omac2
12-31-2014, 03:17 PM
The media blows everything out of proportion but everyone deep down sees that Lebron is kind of a crappy, fake person that has some issues he needs to work out with himself. The only people that really back him and/or his decision making are the people that have a child like adoration for him. He started out immature with thin skin and I don't see any signs that he has changed. A couple weeks ago when a reporter asked if he was embarrassed about getting blown out by 30 to the Hawks he got offended and snapped back at him. It was just lame and the simple answer was "yes, it's embarrassing to lose by 30 regardless of the opponent". That's how a normal person that is humble and grounded in reality would have handled that. The question wasn't out of line or baiting Lebron in any kind of way. It was directly related to the coach calling it an embarrassing loss.

And the media loves Lebron so I don't want to hear about how this is "typical". They try to build him to be something greater than he has actually been so far in his career so don't try to say that this is "typical media bla bla bla". They want him to be "The One" so bad that they spin everything to demonstrate his greatness. Lebron is historically the most impressive player to ever play basketball and I'm not "hating" on him. If I had to build a team around one current player in the NBA it's him 10 times out of 10. Problem is, I'm not sure if I would be able to surround him with Wade's, Bosh's, Love's, and Irving's of the world like he thinks he needs.

If Lebron could just humble himself and stop making everything about the grand scheme of things and how it impacts him I'm sure he is an awesome person and would turn a lot of his "haters" into fans. I would love to see Lebron over come all of this and give Cleveland a championship. I want to see him over come adversity and not bring in his best friends to help him win one. To me, a legit title in Cleveland would add more to his legacy then any of the titles he won in Miami.

Chronz
12-31-2014, 03:21 PM
Its not his need for attention (if it exists) thats hurting the Cavs, its his "Chill mode" thats the problem. The man no longer has the ability to treat every game with greater importance. He has no sense of urgency because he thinks teams grow into contenders at their own pace, when I think he should go back to his younger mindset of seeing why his team cant win the title already. He gets the benefit of the doubt because hes a 2x FMVP but he better turn it up several notches come playoff time. This team needs more from him.

Chronz
12-31-2014, 03:23 PM
Problem is, I'm not sure if I would be able to surround him with Wade's, Bosh's, Love's, and Irving's of the world like he thinks he needs.
Why not? If not him, who else would those players be willing to take a backseat for?

jerellh528
12-31-2014, 04:15 PM
Crazy how this thread arises on the eve of footage leaking of Lebron conspiring to rejoin wade in Miami in front of all the cameras and mics. I wonder how his Cleveland teammates feel, obviously not like lbj is the leader so many make him out to be

Chronz
12-31-2014, 11:35 PM
Crazy how this thread arises on the eve of footage leaking of Lebron conspiring to rejoin wade in Miami in front of all the cameras and mics. I wonder how his Cleveland teammates feel, obviously not like lbj is the leader so many make him out to be
Just curious, who do you have as better "leaders" historically?

SteBO
12-31-2014, 11:42 PM
The media is reaching, but LBJ needs to start playing when he gets back. Doesn't matter how much help people thinks he has, if he isn't playing to his upmost potential then CLE will struggle to even get out of Round 1.

jerellh528
01-01-2015, 07:10 AM
Just curious, who do you have as better "leaders" historically?

Any player ever, considering I have almost every player ever as a better leader than him, besides like Bynum, jr smith, Michael Beasley and josh smith.

curtcocaine
01-01-2015, 11:39 AM
Any player ever, considering I have almost every player ever as a better leader than him, besides like Bynum, jr smith, Michael Beasley and josh smith.
Brandon Jennings?
Monta Ellis?
Kwmae Brown?

DemarDerozan
01-01-2015, 12:29 PM
I love watching the slow crumbling of Lebron dickriders sad pride.

LeHeadcase is done, and all these *******s are starting to realize that he will never have a strong argument for top five. The media has had as much to do with James success as his talent. He was the face of the league for a few years... Now the league is moving on and so are their key stakeholders (refs, ESPN, Endorsements).

No more Finals appearances. No more awards, wouldn't be surprised if he has Amare status within two years.

The fall will be ten times uglier than MJs or Kobes... Because most other players do not like or respect LeBron.

Jamiecballer
01-01-2015, 01:08 PM
I love watching the slow crumbling of Lebron dickriders sad pride.

LeHeadcase is done, and all these *******s are starting to realize that he will never have a strong argument for top five. The media has had as much to do with James success as his talent. He was the face of the league for a few years... Now the league is moving on and so are their key stakeholders (refs, ESPN, Endorsements).

No more Finals appearances. No more awards, wouldn't be surprised if he has Amare status within two years.

The fall will be ten times uglier than MJs or Kobes... Because most other players do not like or respect LeBron.
They (the media) also are responsible for 90% of the unfair criticism he receives. They have basically created you.

Can't say the media is responsible for his success because he lived up to the hype.

Chronz
01-01-2015, 05:17 PM

Even Kobe? Why?

Tony_Starks
01-01-2015, 08:36 PM

Even Kobe? Why?

That didn't take long.....

Chronz
01-01-2015, 10:00 PM
Agreed, i wasnt expecting him to be that vague

WVNowitzki
01-01-2015, 10:08 PM
There is no denying these guys love the spotlight, however, the media perpetuates and presents the most minute details in such a grandiose fashion that everything they do or say is a huge deal.

A lot of it has to do with AAU culture, from the time these kids are in 6-7-8th grade, they are coddled and have their *** kissed by everyone around them. They see them as a meal ticket, or a path to celebrity status.

The media is just as much to blame, this is why no one should watch ESPN also.

JV35
01-01-2015, 10:17 PM
30 games into his second Cavs tenure and there are already stories about him bolting, the coach seems be on the chopping block, everyone is under an extreme microscope, etc

Totally EXPECTED.

Tony_Starks
01-01-2015, 10:50 PM
Agreed, i wasnt expecting him to be that vague

You're a funny dude man. Entertaining. I have to give you props.

goingfor28
01-01-2015, 11:33 PM
Can't put this on Lebron. He's like the Kardashians of the NBA, whatever he does or doesn't do is going to be a story.

bingo

ewing
01-02-2015, 10:06 AM

yeah, those whores don't invite it

Jamiecballer
01-02-2015, 10:33 AM
yeah, those whores don't invite it

out of curiousity. how many times do you think Lebron has ever called up ESPN wanting to talk, between now and the first time he was featured on ESPN as a teenager? and how many people do you suppose make a living following every move that the best player of our generation makes? how many bloggers? tweets? if you can't see that your attitude is a product of social media you are blind.

for example: last week some moron wrote a piece saying that Lebron might not stay in Cleveland. this story was completely out of nowhere, a product of his own desire to make headlines and nothing Lebron did or said. all of a sudden this one manufactured bit of "news" is igniting a firestorm online and giving people who don't like Lebron "one more reason" to dislike him. this cycle repeats every time someone has an opinion. there has not been an athlete in history under this type of scrutiny.

Meanwhile, Lebron is at home eating a christmas ham with his mommy. It's a joke.