PDA

View Full Version : Kerr,Kidd or Fisher?

PurpleLynch
12-31-2014, 08:17 AM
These are three coaches without any coaching experience
Only exception for Kidd,who had his debut last year with the Nets,but I put him in the conversation because is basically a newbie in the coaching world.
In your opinion who has achieved the most with less,you have to consider:
-the quality of the team
-the general situation of the team(injuries,chemistry,FO problems)
-the situation of the league right now(WC clearly better that the East)
-the quality of the coaching impact(drawn plays,rotation,quality of the game both on offense and defense and how the coach is handling the team in general).

PS: Putting Fisher in the conversation is NOT a troll move or bait. I just like Fisher and since I'm not following the Knicks's games this year I'd like a honest response from NYK fans about Fisher's impact on the team(Yeah,I know,Phil is still the master of puppets,but just forget that for a minute).

PS n.2: Votes are public,I don't see a reason to keep the anonymity.

goingfor28
12-31-2014, 08:50 AM
Kidd
Kerr

Fisher

kingsdelez24
12-31-2014, 09:07 AM
I'd almost even consider Steve Kerr in his playing days over Derek Fisher's

KnicksorBust
12-31-2014, 09:25 AM
Kerr is leading his team to the best record in the NBA while playing fantastic 2way basketball. Kidd's team is playing competitive .500 ball. Fisher has the Knicks grossly underachieving as the 2nd worst team in the league. This is the easiest rank I have ever done.

Kerr

Kidd

Fisher

mudvayne387
12-31-2014, 09:27 AM
I'm not making excuses, but it really does appear the Knicks are trying to lose games. So at this point I'd have to give Fisher an INCOMPLETE.

If they are able to get a top 3 pick, sign another max player to pair with Melo, and fill in the roster with the cap space they have, then we can start to form a grade for Fisher.

2-ONE-5
12-31-2014, 09:38 AM
there is no debate here. its starts and stops with Kerr

lamzoka
12-31-2014, 09:39 AM
This thread is more like which one have the better record?

If the fisher was coaching GS and Kerr was with the knicks. All the answers would be
Fisher
Kidd
Kerr

Kerr obviously have the superior team, while fisher is coaching D-League talent.

I think this thread is premature. Let's give it another year or 2?

Happy New Year's to my PSD Family btw!

GiantsSwaGG
12-31-2014, 09:51 AM
Why is Fisher even on the list?

PurpleLynch
12-31-2014, 09:58 AM

Because I was trying to gather infos about "rookie" coaches in the League. Plus,I can't understand if Fisher's impact is bad or not for the Knicks or if players just play as they wish because they resigned themselves to a bitter destiny.

GiantsSwaGG
12-31-2014, 10:03 AM
Because I was trying to gather infos about "rookie" coaches in the League. Plus,I can't understand if Fisher's impact is bad or not for the Knicks or if players just play as they wish because they resigned themselves to a bitter destiny.

Fisher has he's lumps, as much as our roster sucks, he hasn't coach well imo. But I'll give him til next season hopefully Phil can build him a better roster

So it's

Kerr
Kidd

Fisher

PurpleLynch
12-31-2014, 10:07 AM

If the fisher was coaching GS and Kerr was with the knicks. All the answers would be
Fisher
Kidd
Kerr

Kerr obviously have the superior team, while fisher is coaching D-League talent.

Happy New Year!

mudvayne387
12-31-2014, 10:07 AM

I don't think you understand just how terrible this Knicks roster is. Jesus Christ himself couldn't win 20 games with this Knicks team even if he was turning the opponents water bottles into wine.

2-ONE-5
12-31-2014, 10:26 AM
Kerr could get the Knicks to 30 wins

GiantsSwaGG
12-31-2014, 10:27 AM
Kerr could get the Knicks to 30 wins

Doubt it

NYKnickFanatic
12-31-2014, 10:49 AM
Lol, Fisher. Really?

BKLYNpigeon
12-31-2014, 11:01 AM
If Fisher was on Warriors and Kerr on the Knicks.

who's the better coach?

Its all about TALENT, coaches are a factor, but not that much. Even you could have coached last years Miami Heat to 50+ wins.

KnicksorBust
12-31-2014, 11:07 AM

I don't think you understand just how terrible this Knicks roster is. Jesus Christ himself couldn't win 20 games with this Knicks team even if he was turning the opponents water bottles into wine.

Pop and Thibs could win at least 30. Fisher has been terrible. His rotations are completely illogical. There is no accountability on defense. Our ball movement is almost as stagnant as last year. 0-3.

jp611
12-31-2014, 11:13 AM
Kidd is better than I thought he was, but I still would take Steve Kerr.

And LOL Derek Fisher is awful.

Goose17
12-31-2014, 11:15 AM
Anyone who has followed the Warriors will know the difference in the quality of the offense between last year and this one is night and day. His emphasis on ball movement, smart (yet simple) cuts, getting the big men (especially Bogut) more involved and knowing that the three pointer is a great weapon but you can't win a war with just a couple of snipers... its refreshing.

Now Gentry deserves some credit and I know Adams is supposedly an underrated coach when it comes to improving people's jump shots. But really Kerr deserves a lot of the credit. Jackson never could have brought in coaching staff of that caliber, a distinct lack of interpersonal skills.

Talent always plays a huge part. But you can see where a coach has impacted a team if you follow them enough.

TheNumber37
12-31-2014, 11:38 AM
This is silly.
Whose better right now? Steph Curry, The Greek Freak, or Andrea Bargnani.

There really isn't much of a debate.

Kerr's team is number 1 in the west. Kidd is floating around .500. and the Knicks are near the bottom of the league. How can you even make a case that this list goes in any other order than Kerr, Kidd, Fish

mudvayne387
12-31-2014, 11:42 AM
Pop and Thibs could win at least 30. Fisher has been terrible. His rotations are completely illogical. There is no accountability on defense. Our ball movement is almost as stagnant as last year. 0-3.

You have to ask yourself, are his rotations terrible because he isn't actively trying to win games ? He very well could be looking ahead to next season and deciding who should stay and who should go.

effen5
12-31-2014, 12:32 PM

Fisher
Kidd
Kerr

Well the fact that Kerr was smart enough NOT to take the Knicks job...

Kerr
Kidd
Fisher

jimm120
12-31-2014, 12:36 PM
I'd think that Kerr and Fisher are an INCOMPLETE. Its just way too early, imo.

That said, Fisher might get a worse record overall simply because of the triangle. NOt saying its bad, but it might stifle creativity from the coach.

I don't know if Kerr is a great coach or not. He inherited an extremely good situation. Extremely good. just making sure not to fudge it up.

Kidd...I still don't know. was he that important to the knicks in 2012-13? Was he good enough with the nets? He is doinga good job with the bucks.

end of the day, it might shake out to

kidd
kerr
fisher

not sold on Kerr yet.

DarkKnight
12-31-2014, 12:52 PM

I want to see this list next year

KnicksorBust
12-31-2014, 12:53 PM

You have to ask yourself, are his rotations terrible because he isn't actively trying to win games ? He very well could be looking ahead to next season and deciding who should stay and who should go.

The Knicks have a different starting 5 every other game. You will have a hard time convincing me that helps short term or long term.

PurpleLynch
12-31-2014, 01:21 PM
This is silly.
Whose better right now? Steph Curry, The Greek Freak, or Andrea Bargnani.

There really isn't much of a debate.

Kerr's team is number 1 in the west. Kidd is floating around .500. and the Knicks are near the bottom of the league. How can you even make a case that this list goes in any other order than Kerr, Kidd, Fish

Yes,but you have to consider that he inherited a really young,unselfish and strong team,with a lot of chemistry too...not gonna say that he is good,in fact he is also my choice for number one,but his path was definitely the easier one imo.

Goose17
12-31-2014, 01:52 PM
What happened to Jackson and Fisher running the triangle and dominating the league?

mudvayne387
12-31-2014, 02:05 PM
The Knicks have a different starting 5 every other game. You will have a hard time convincing me that helps short term or long term.

It helps to lose games. Maybe that is the goal ?

Everyone thinks tanking is always obvious, but all it takes is a few subtle moves to lose games at this level. Look at the lineup he sends out to finish tight games. He is either the worst basketball coach in the NBA or is quietly trying to improve their draft stock. There is a big discrepancy in talent between the #1 or 2 guys in the draft and the #11 and 12.

DarkKnight
12-31-2014, 02:17 PM
What happened to Jackson and Fisher running the triangle and dominating the league?

Not this year and tell me where you Read this? Love to see that :laugh:

MilkyBombs
12-31-2014, 02:22 PM
Kidd is the best. He's got Milwaukee playing above level and is making players better. Same can be said about Kerr, but the Bucks were expected to be going for the number 1 pick not the 6th seed.

BlinkManJan02
12-31-2014, 02:55 PM
I love the way the Bucks are playing, we're playing great team ball and the chemistry is good..no head cases on the team. Kidd has done a nice job, still winning games after losing Jabari..wish he didn't get injured.

effen5
12-31-2014, 03:18 PM

Half the Knicks fans said the Knicks were going to win the east this year...and they keep bringing up the 54 win team which was a fluke.

Apparently...they thought having Caldeon was enough to win the east.... :laugh:

BHF
12-31-2014, 03:26 PM
Kidd for me look at the nets without Kidd they are a mess, that just goes to show you what he did for that team and the Bucks are playing much better than expected.

Chronz
12-31-2014, 03:30 PM
Kidd for me look at the nets without Kidd they are a mess, that just goes to show you what he did for that team and the Bucks are playing much better than expected.

To be fair, the Nets didn't even replace Kidd with a somewhat competent coach. They got someone who had the ability of getting out coached by Vinny Del Negro of all people.

Goose17
12-31-2014, 04:20 PM

During the offseason knicks fans on here were wetting themselves with excitement.

Shareeb_omac2
12-31-2014, 05:00 PM
I think Kidd will end up being the best coach of the bunch. If he doesn't let his weird ego get in the way.

DarkKnight
12-31-2014, 05:47 PM
During the offseason knicks fans on here were wetting themselves with excitement.

Not real fans just delusional ones

DarkKnight
12-31-2014, 05:48 PM
Half the Knicks fans said the Knicks were going to win the east this year...and they keep bringing up the 54 win team which was a fluke.

Apparently...they thought having Caldeon was enough to win the east.... :laugh:

What I said to the guy above .... No real fans just the delusional ones

Sanjay
12-31-2014, 06:08 PM
You have to go with Kidd. The Warriors have much more talent than the Bucks (although Lee and Bogut have been out for long stretches). Even though Milwaukee are in the Eastern Conference, they are still 6-6 versus the West.

verceroth
12-31-2014, 07:10 PM
i voted fisher. especially because I didn't read the question.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-01-2015, 05:57 AM
Fish stinks

blahblahyoutoo
01-01-2015, 12:53 PM

if you wanted to include rookie coaches, where's blatt?

blahblahyoutoo
01-01-2015, 12:59 PM

so your super all star melo and savior PJ/fish can't carry a team in the worst division in the worst conference in the history of the NBA?
5-29. 1 game ahead of philly. worst start in franchise history.

personnel is part of the problem, but there is no reason to be struggling this badly. the coach sucks, the team sucks and melo isn't as good as y'all think he is. he can score (inefficiently) but that's about it.

DarkKnight
01-01-2015, 01:15 PM
Yet why does someone game after game hang out in the Knick forum...now that's funny

xxplayerxx23
01-01-2015, 01:34 PM

I'm not saying fisher is a great coach or even a good one but how can you judge him with this garbage team? Come on now, the team blows. Judge him next year, If he has talent on the roster and he's still doing this then you can say whatever you want as far as how awful he is. I'll reserve judgement this time next year. Anyway I think Kidd has done a fantastic job with MIL

JNA17
01-01-2015, 06:00 PM
I think Kidd is.

Kidd is coaching a team that is not THAT much different from last year that were the worst team in the league. Yet suddenly this year, they are a 6th seed and have been quality teams lately. And what talent do they exactly have? Greek Freak? Come on.

Kerr is doing well too but he's inheriting an already great team before he even got there. People would probably think differently of him if he coached the Knicks instead.

Kashmir13579
01-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Kidd

blahblahyoutoo
01-01-2015, 06:27 PM
I'm not saying fisher is a great coach or even a good one but how can you judge him with this garbage team? Come on now, the team blows. Judge him next year, If he has talent on the roster and he's still doing this then you can say whatever you want as far as how awful he is. I'll reserve judgement this time next year. Anyway I think Kidd has done a fantastic job with MIL

lets look at the bucks roster and see what superstars they have. nope, none.
what about supporting pieces? no better or worse than the nix.

blahblahyoutoo
01-01-2015, 06:28 PM
I think Kidd is.

Kidd is coaching a team that is not THAT much different from last year that were the worst team in the league. Yet suddenly this year, they are a 6th seed and have been quality teams lately. And what talent do they exactly have? Greek Freak? Come on.

Kerr is doing well too but he's inheriting an already great team before he even got there. People would probably think differently of him if he coached the Knicks instead.

i agree kidd is taking a bad team and making them good, but kerr is taking a good team and making them great.

mjt20mik
01-01-2015, 06:53 PM
Don't know why Kerr is over Kidd. If you look at his team it is stacked. Kidd is taking a lottery team to a .500 record, which is way more impressive. Even what he did last year with the Nets...

Kidd
Kerr

PurpleLynch
01-01-2015, 09:10 PM
if you wanted to include rookie coaches, where's blatt?

Because Blatt has 21 years of coaching experience in Europe and Israel. Yes,it's different from the NBA,but it is still the same sport after all.