PDA

View Full Version : lebron leaving cleveland?

utl768
12-30-2014, 12:42 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/30/report-lebron-wont-hesitate-to-make-the-appropriate-business-decision-could-leave-cleveland-in-free-agency/

would be stunning but he is a big enough dick to do it

Jamiecballer
12-30-2014, 12:52 PM
troll looks great on you. doesn't make you look fat - at all.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-30-2014, 12:55 PM
Knicks bound.

Miltstar
12-30-2014, 12:55 PM
Just more icing on the cake as to why he'll never be close to the GOAT

still1ballin
12-30-2014, 12:58 PM
Yeah if he leaves it would dent his legacy. A player that could never stick out with the good times and the bad times and jumping ship with things don't go the way he wants it.

bucketss
12-30-2014, 01:06 PM
Knicks Bound

Iron24th
12-30-2014, 01:09 PM
I think it's just media speculation, but if he does lmaooo

jp611
:laugh:

This guy is a clown.

still1ballin
Hopefully he does leave and then Kevin love goes to the Lakers.

In the end I hope dan Gilbert gets screwed

jp611
12-30-2014, 01:10 PM
When the going gets hard... Get going.

Iron24th
12-30-2014, 01:19 PM

In the end I hope san Gilbert gets screwed

No thanks, no more trash defenders in a Lakers uni.

bucketss
12-30-2014, 01:27 PM
raptors will take love lol

GiantsSwaGG
12-30-2014, 01:31 PM
He will be a Knick :)

jakub
12-30-2014, 01:35 PM
You guys are dumb if you think he is leaving after this year, it's all media.

fingerbang
12-30-2014, 01:42 PM
family first

lakerfan85
12-30-2014, 01:43 PM
He's going to the Browns.. Johnny Football and King James = Dynasty!!

Longhornfan1234
He's not leaving. LeBron will carry another heavily flawed team to the Finals. His two best players can't play D and his coach is f-ing terrible.

JustinTime
raptors will take love lol

No Love sucks, he's one of the most overrated players in the NBA and play zero defense.

JustinTime
12-30-2014, 01:46 PM
He's not leaving. LeBron will carry another heavily flawed team to the Finals. His two best players can't play D and his coach is f-ing terrible.

Lebron is no longer the best player in the league that's not going to happen. Cleveland would probably miss the playoffs in the West.

jaydubb
12-30-2014, 01:47 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he left.

Teeboy1487
12-30-2014, 01:58 PM
I actually want him to leave Cleveland for the Knicks. The nba is so boring this year as a casual fan and a diehard Lakers fan of course.

JustinTime
12-30-2014, 02:02 PM
I actually want him to leave Cleveland for the Knicks. The nba is so boring this year as a casual fan and a diehard Lakers fan of course.

I'm mostly a Raptor fan and the East is an embarrassment outside of like 3 teams. I don't even watch the Raptors any more when they play teams other than Chicago, Cleveland and maybe Atlanta because I know it's going to be a blowout each game.

2-ONE-5
12-30-2014, 02:23 PM
didnt he sign a 2 year deal?

jerellh528
12-30-2014, 02:24 PM
He can't leave after his letter. I wouldn't put it past him though, that's the kind of guy he is.

Miltstar
12-30-2014, 02:25 PM
hard work on 3, together on 6, I'm outtaa here on 9!!

SeoulBeatz
12-30-2014, 02:27 PM
No way in hell he leaves. The backlash would be ridiculous.

They have plenty of assets on the team. If things don't work out this season, you could reshuffle the roster by making some trades (possibly use Kyrie as a trade chip?)

You build around lebron until he's 35+. He's the best player in the NBA, find the right pieces and make it work.

Htownballa1622
12-30-2014, 02:34 PM
:laugh:

This guy is a clown.

You respond saying he's a clown in a thread that has the media stirring things up for a headline?

But HE'S THE CLOWN?

Ok

Tony_Starks
12-30-2014, 02:35 PM
He can't leave. Some people were actually dumb enough to buy into the coming home campaign so if he were to leave them high and dry again not even his die hard worshippers would still support him...

goingfor28
12-30-2014, 02:38 PM
Would be hilarious

xxplayerxx23
12-30-2014, 02:43 PM
He can't leave. Some people were actually dumb enough to buy into the coming home campaign so if he were to leave them high and dry again not even his die hard worshippers would still support him...

Lol they will still worship him

Miltstar
12-30-2014, 02:47 PM

whatever team he goes to will praise the moon and stars until he ******** it up again

Ty Fast
12-30-2014, 02:53 PM
I said all along that I wouldn't be shocked if he came back to Miami.
him and kd to heat in 2016. pat will get it done :)

archdevil84
12-30-2014, 03:03 PM
welcome back

HoopsDrive
12-30-2014, 03:06 PM
To those saying this won't happen cuz the public outcry of leaving a second time would be ridiculous... just remember this is the guy that went through the trouble of bolting to another team by hosting a show. Also, this is just all media bait so who knows but given his track record... yeah, I can believe in this.

This is the sort of action that shouldn't surprise anyone really considering the type of person he's shown to be. It's quite clear he's out there mostly for himself, whether it's for financial gain, better basketball situation or brand awareness.

He's a great player, one of the greatest I've ever watched, but frankly the bashing he receives is well deserved a lot of the time. It's like he feeds off the publicity he gets, whether it's bad or not. I'm only gonna feel bad for the Cavs if this happens... that would probably mean Love bolts as well so they would of lost on Wiggins too.

DamnGoat
12-30-2014, 03:09 PM
Would be hilarious.

Kyben36
12-30-2014, 03:17 PM
if love leaves i dont blame him, Kyrie is not going to be enough to carry that team with only lebron.

TheIlladelph16
12-30-2014, 03:19 PM
"Dance puppets, dance"

-Every media outlet

Seriously its kinda bad in other sports (hello NFL), but how does no one see that 98% of reporting in the NBA is fabricated BS and wildly stretched truths to push page clicks and get idiots riled up?

InRoseWeTrust
12-30-2014, 03:23 PM
"Dance puppets, dance"

-Every media outlet

Seriously its kinda bad in other sports (hello NFL), but how does no one see that 98% of reporting in the NBA is fabricated BS and wildly stretched truths to push page clicks and get idiots riled up?

Yeah, if I were a Cleveland fan, I really wouldn't be panicking. They have so much f'ing media attention right now it's not even funny - so much of the NBA world is hyperfocused on them and over-analyzing every game/play/quote/manerism, etc.

In a way, it reminds me of the coverage early on this season with Rose (which has since died down, thankfully). Watch the Cavs rattle off 4-5 wins in a row and the stories will suddenly disappear.

TheIlladelph16
12-30-2014, 03:30 PM
Yeah, if I were a Cleveland fan, I really wouldn't be panicking. They have so much f'ing media attention right now it's not even funny - so much of the NBA world is hyperfocused on them and over-analyzing every game/play/quote/manerism, etc.

In a way, it reminds me of the coverage early on this season with Rose (which has since died down, thankfully). Watch the Cavs rattle off 4-5 wins in a row and the stories will suddenly disappear.

Exactly. The Rose noise has quieted down immensely already. Literally a week ago, the Cavs were being talked about as a very good team and they seemed to be putting it together from a tough start. Now I'm supposed to believe the sky is falling and Lebron is out? At least with the NFL, I understand the hyperbole in all things football because the season is so short relative to other sports and each game is that much more important. With the NBA though, its as if a couple losses in a row means your season is in jeopardy, in ****ing December no less.

I'm listening to the same media spun garbage right now from the Philadelphia media regarding the Eagles not making the playoffs. It's an unfortunate truth that most modern journalism, and certainly outlets like ESPN, do not give two ****s about factual reporting. They care about stories and headlines that will generate the most traffic for ad revenues.

PurpleJesus
12-30-2014, 03:42 PM

ah, all he did was post an article

PurpleJesus
12-30-2014, 03:46 PM
I can't see Lebron going anywhere, because I don't think anywhere else can provide the Love and Irving type talent he has in Cleveland...now if Love decides to leave, that is what could blow everything up.

rhd420
12-30-2014, 04:23 PM
From USA today - I doubt that LeBron leaves

Regardless of the TV deal, the league's salary cap, which the value of max deals are based, is expected to increase. With the player option, James gives himself the ability to take advantage of that, too.

Next season, James will make $21,573,398. But if next offseason's max opening salary is projected higher than what James will bring in, he could opt out and take the bigger deal for one year while still being a free agent for the 2016 offseason and new TV deal.

Again, this is a business decision and not an opportunity for James to test free agency again. Consider James has never had a full max salary he didn't get one with Miami but now is positioning himself to take advantage financially for the rest of his career.

As people mentioned - this a business decision, coupled with a below average start in Cleveland - it becomes a story. In the end, in a couple of years regardless of the outcome of championships, LeBron is going to be the highest paid NBA player ever - most likely in Cleveland or elsewhere

Shareeb_omac2
12-30-2014, 04:29 PM
Gotta trade Kyrie Irving to make that team work.

Tony_Starks
12-30-2014, 05:17 PM
Gotta trade Kyrie Irving to make that team work.

What games are you watching? He's been t best player on Cleveland this year....

bucketss
12-30-2014, 05:45 PM

:facepalm:

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6442/kyrie-irving
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1966/lebron-james

Wade n Fade
12-30-2014, 05:45 PM
I think it's a foregone conclusion he is gone even though it's contrary to Cleveland fans. Face it, Cavs fans, the franchise doesn't have the right coach since he cannot deal with the personalities or difficulties the NBA presents. Europe is a lot different. Kyrie doesn't want to play with heart and hustle on D. Love can rebound so well, but he cannot defend great bigs. 1 year deal for "opting out" for "TV Money" is just scratching the surface. A 1 year deal allows LeBron to play his own personal GM by saying show me a team that can compete or I am walking out this very door.

LeBron could dawn Clippers' jerseys next season. Financially, the Clippers will try to make it work or trade Griffin or Jordan. Griffin, LeBron, and CP3 is a great core.

Houston could be in play too since they were so close to acquiring Melo or Bosh this offseason. Morey can find a taker for Trevor Ariza and play his role to make things work.

Of course, the Knicks come into play, but it's hard to sell the franchise since it's riddled in mediocrity, has a ball stopper in Melo, a bad owner in James Dolan, and significantly higher media pressure than Cleveland.

Miami, his old stomping grounds, cannot be forgotten. LeBron can team up with his friends, Bosh and Wade, while also allowing Riley to stack up more talent with limited resources.

Toronto, a team that nobody will bring up. Toronto has a very potent group with a young stud in J-Val, a developing wing w/ T-Ross, a great PG in Lowry, and another great wing in Demar Derozan. Allowing T-Ross to transition to the bench to play as a Jamaal Crawford 6th man? Lowry, Derozan, Lebron, Johnson, and Val? I like the potential that team could have.

Washington, GSW, and Portland provide good situations too, but it involves moving a lot of money and gutting the bench and/or role players to do so.

At the end of the day, I think LeBron goes back to Miami since it's where he won and can win with the right moves in the future.

Sanjay
12-30-2014, 05:54 PM
I can't see Lebron going anywhere, because I don't think anywhere else can provide the Love and Irving type talent he has in Cleveland...now if Love decides to leave, that is what could blow everything up.

Good point. I would not be surprised if Love leaves, if the Cavs have an underwhelming season (second round or Conference Finals exit) he may look to a more experienced team with a group of players who have played together for a while where he would be the number one option.

jerellh528
12-30-2014, 05:54 PM
From USA today - I doubt that LeBron leaves

Regardless of the TV deal, the league's salary cap, which the value of max deals are based, is expected to increase. With the player option, James gives himself the ability to take advantage of that, too.

Next season, James will make $21,573,398. But if next offseason's max opening salary is projected higher than what James will bring in, he could opt out and take the bigger deal for one year while still being a free agent for the 2016 offseason and new TV deal.

Again, this is a business decision and not an opportunity for James to test free agency again. Consider James has never had a full max salary he didn't get one with Miami but now is positioning himself to take advantage financially for the rest of his career.

As people mentioned - this a business decision, coupled with a below average start in Cleveland - it becomes a story. In the end, in a couple of years regardless of the outcome of championships, LeBron is going to be the highest paid NBA player ever - most likely in Cleveland or elsewhere

This is all that matters

Sanjay
12-30-2014, 05:56 PM

I think Shareeb_omac2 is referring to the fact that the Cavs need to move the ball and get it to LeBron opposed to Kyrie being a ball-dominant point guard.

Jayb587
12-30-2014, 06:28 PM
don't be fooled for a second to thinking this is just media. Who do you think leaked it to the media? This is a power move by lebrons camp to get the coach fired.

kingsdelez24
12-30-2014, 06:28 PM
LeBron is the worst gm

Seriously though, the fact that he wanted Love over Wiggins and Bennett is going to haunt the Cavs for caving in on that demand if he ever does leave

nycericanguy
12-30-2014, 06:42 PM
Coming in 2015...

Dan Gilbert in THE LETTER part 2...

abe_froman
12-30-2014, 06:43 PM
another wishful thinking thread?

lebron wont leave again,that would make him the most hate person in sports to break a fanbases heart 2 within only a few years time.

Jayb587
12-30-2014, 06:47 PM

lebron wont leave again,that would make him the most hate person in sports to break a fanbases heart 2 within only a few years time.

LeBron doesn't care what people think as long as he winning them chips bruh

Tony_Starks
12-30-2014, 06:53 PM

I think Shareeb_omac2 is referring to the fact that the Cavs need to move the ball and get it to LeBron opposed to Kyrie being a ball-dominant point guard.

I can't put that all on Kyrie though. Lebron, Kyrie, and Love have all basically just taken turns going one on one. Plus Kyrie does play off the ball a lot and let Lebron run the offense.

But closing games Kyrie is the one you want with the ball in his hands. Look at how they've played since he's been out....

JNA17
12-30-2014, 06:54 PM
Lebron is trolling the city of Cleveland so hard. Why do you guys think he REALLY signed that 1 year contract with an opt out option for the 2nd year for?

Oh man I can't wait to see a SECOND Lebron jersey burning in Cleveland.

Vinylman
12-30-2014, 07:03 PM

wishful thinking? I hope he stays in Cleveland the balance of his career so he never wins again...

Lebron and Gilbert deserve each other

Shareeb_omac2
12-30-2014, 07:08 PM
Bingo. You don't need a ball-dominant scorer next to Lebron and Love. Cleveland's entire roster just doesn't fit and it's apparent. I really don't think coaching is entirely to blame.

Sanjay
12-30-2014, 07:21 PM
I can't put that all on Kyrie though. Lebron, Kyrie, and Love have all basically just taken turns going one on one. Plus Kyrie does play off the ball a lot and let Lebron run the offense.

But closing games Kyrie is the one you want with the ball in his hands. Look at how they've played since he's been out....

Kyrie handling the ball in the clutch? Wouldn't you give the ball to the best player in the world? If LeBron is off the ball late in the game, defenses will just prevent him from getting the ball.

Tony_Starks
12-30-2014, 07:39 PM

Kyrie handling the ball in the clutch? Wouldn't you give the ball to the best player in the world? If LeBron is off the ball late in the game, defenses will just prevent him from getting the ball.

You been watching them bro? Kyrie has been nice for them in the clutch this season. With his handle he pretty much gets to the paint at will and his range is better. That s no slight against Lebron but he can still be suckered into a long contested jumper....

Vampirate
12-30-2014, 07:42 PM
Everyone needs to activate chill mode, it's been what 30 odd games they've been together. They are probably not contenders this year for the title but the playoff experience will help them for next year.

Jamiecballer
12-30-2014, 08:02 PM
ah, all he did was post an article
If you want to make a thread every time some cynical moron has a thought go right ahead.

JNA17
12-30-2014, 08:26 PM
Everyone needs to activate chill mode, it's been what 30 odd games they've been together. They are probably not contenders this year for the title but the playoff experience will help them for next year.

With Kevin Love as an expiring, THIS year is all they got. If they don't make a convincing performance this year, Love is gone and that whole playoff experience for next season is null and void.

Crackadalic
12-30-2014, 08:31 PM
Didn't Lebron say its gonna take time even before the season started?

I still think a Finals appearance will come but I won't be shock at getting knock out the 2nd round either

DemarDerozan
12-30-2014, 08:32 PM
the Cavs should trade him before he walks... Otherwise they lose Bron and Love and Wiggins and Bennet for nothing. That would be unforgivable.

bucketss
12-30-2014, 09:04 PM
the Cavs should trade him before he walks... Otherwise they lose Bron and Love and Wiggins and Bennet for nothing. That would be unforgivable.

LOL but also hilarious.

bucketss
12-30-2014, 10:03 PM
cavs would be idiots to ahve lebron twice and let him leave via free agency, tell him to commit straight up or ship his *** and try to get back someone good.

GiantsSwaGG
12-30-2014, 10:10 PM

:facepalm: he backed it up with an article

DemarDerozan
12-30-2014, 10:30 PM
LeBron is a ****ing clown. I hope he and Manziell score a bad batch of blow and OD. **** these so-called "professionals."

He took the day off for his birthday? Against arguably the best team in the East?
Personally, I've worked on every one of my birthdays (unless they fell in a wknd), not drawing comparisons... But what kind of grown *** 30 year old man feels the need to celebrate himself? An insecure ****** is what type of man. This POS is a joke. Every day he is lessening his legacy. **** Lebron. Even is he is more talented he has lost the house on respect. I would rather have Shaq, Kobe, Timmy, Dirk... **** it I would rather put Karl Malone on my all-time list ahead of this fool.

rocket
12-30-2014, 10:30 PM
Knicks bound

*Silver&Black*
12-30-2014, 10:32 PM

In the end I hope dan Gilbert gets screwed

I hope Love (and Westbrook) goes to Lakers too, coming from a Hawks fan. Destiny.

bucketss
12-30-2014, 10:35 PM
LeBron is a ****ing clown. I hope he and Manziell score a bad batch of blow and OD. **** these so-called "professionals."

He took the day off for his birthday? Against arguably the best team in the East?
Personally, I've worked on every one of my birthdays (unless they fell in a wknd), not drawing comparisons... But what kind of grown *** 30 year old man feels the need to celebrate himself? An insecure ****** is what type of man. This POS is a joke. Every day he is lessening his legacy. **** Lebron. Even is he is more talented he has lost the house on respect. I would rather have Shaq, Kobe, Timmy, Dirk... **** it I would rather put Karl Malone on my all-time list ahead of this fool.

well its said to be knee soreness,

DemarDerozan
12-30-2014, 10:35 PM
Knicks bound

Maybe he can smoke some of that **** with JR.

I would personally like to see Lebron suffer the fate of all the cursed Knicks combined.

He'll smoke rocks with JR. Then gain a bunch of wait and quit like Eddie Curry. Then he will get caught up in a sex scandal and move to China like Marberry.

**** Lebron.

Cal827
12-30-2014, 10:44 PM

Ummmm....

Captain Moroni
12-30-2014, 10:53 PM
He is not going anywhere.

still1ballin
12-30-2014, 11:18 PM

The NBA will probably give them #1 pick for the next 4 years

DemarDerozan
12-30-2014, 11:49 PM
Ummmm....

Not really. I don't wish a coked out death on anyone... But these *******s deserve to be bankrupt Antoine Walker style at a minimum.

JV35
12-30-2014, 11:53 PM
If he walked, who could blame him?

DemarDerozan
12-30-2014, 11:56 PM
If he walked, who could blame him?

Myself and a ton of true basketball fans. But it would just suit his character. Bron has always been about Bron.

He has never been about the team. He has never been about loyalty, he has only been about himself.

He only cares about his brand and what his backers tell him to do.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-31-2014, 12:05 AM
Well ya, of course he could leave Cleveland when he becomes a FA.

Why do people take everything they hear as if it's going to happen?

Jamiecballer
12-31-2014, 11:48 AM
:facepalm: he backed it up with an article
Oh so credibility and source don't actually matter. In that case I've just posted an article refuting it at anybodycanwriteshit.com

cahawk
12-31-2014, 12:53 PM
Troll Thread.
Lebron has said nothing about leaving, in fact has said the opposite.
This is just a writer & a troll poster trying to incite something.

GoferKing_
12-31-2014, 06:44 PM
Yeah if he leaves it would dent his legacy. A player that could never stick out with the good times and the bad times and jumping ship with things don't go the way he wants it.

What legacy?

Tony_Starks
12-31-2014, 07:08 PM

Damn homey. Tell them how you really feel!

jerellh528
12-31-2014, 07:50 PM
What legacy?

He doesn't really have one. Just a glorified stat stuffer

bucketss
12-31-2014, 07:53 PM
people hate lebron so much they're wishing death on him #wow

DemarDerozan
12-31-2014, 08:56 PM
Not everyone who ODs dies. Most of the just end up in an ER pissing on themselves.

SteBO
12-31-2014, 11:47 PM
'Bron ain't leaving CLE again. The moment he said his move was bigger than basketball, is the moment he boxed himself in. Leaving there again at the 1st opportunity when adversity hits is a VERY bad look.....

Bostonjorge
12-31-2014, 11:59 PM
'Bron ain't leaving CLE again. The moment he said his move was bigger than basketball, is the moment he boxed himself in. Leaving there again at the 1st opportunity when adversity hits is a VERY bad look.....

He's gone and his blind following will follow and cheer him along the way. He just needs to accept the scumb bag roll and quit trying to convince the public hes a "good guy". Once he stops being fake and more real then maybe he won't be seen so much like a clown.

DitchDat
01-01-2015, 06:52 AM
So sick of all the LeBron talk

Draco
01-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Knicks bound

Well, Stephen A. predicted this last July FWIW. Wade, Bron and Melo?

LA_Raiders
01-03-2015, 05:21 PM
If he walks. He would be the biggest *** in sports.