PDA

View Full Version : Cavs and Lakers working on Jordan Hill trade?

Rocco007
12-30-2014, 07:21 AM
SOURCE: Lakers and Cavs discussing a trade that would send Jordan Hill to Cleveland for Joe Harris and a future first rounder.

https://twitter.com/DYST_Now?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Ffactoryofsa dness.co%2F2014%2F12%2F29%2Fnba-trade-rumors-cavs-pursuing-lakers-forward-jordan-hill%2F&tw_i=549597817178959872&tw_p=tweetembed

http://factoryofsadness.co/2014/12/29/nba-trade-rumors-cavs-pursuing-lakers-forward-jordan-hill/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Around%20the%20Network

The Los Angeles Lakers might have put themselves in position to make a big trade between now and the February 19 trade deadline following their acquisition of power forward/center Tarik Black.

Basketball Insiders' Yannis Koutroupis provided a deeper insight into the Lakers' acquisition of Black and its trade implications in his latest NBA Rumors round-up.

According to Koutroupis, the decision of Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchack to bring in a young big man like Black despite the fact that their playoff chances are decreasing significantly as the season progress might have to do with the front-office's plan of selling off other frontline players to acquire more assets in the form of draft picks or another young player to develop.

Power forwards Ed Davis and Jordan Hill are both having solid seasons so far with Davis showing a lot of potential on the defensive end while Hill turning into a more polished offensive player. Both players also have salary-cap friendly contracts with Davis playing on a one-year deal and Hill just signing a two-year, $20 million deal (with a team option on the second year).

Koutroupis believed the Lakers appear more interested in developing Black than committing for long-term deals with Davis or Hill. After all, the Lakers could capitalize on the growing demand for skilled big man.

The Cleveland Cavaliers is an example of a title-chasing contender desperately needing some beef in their frontline after the season-ending Achilles injury to Anderson Varejao last week.

"The Lakers had to waive Xavier Henry, who was out for the year with a ruptured Achilles, to create a spot for Black - but already have a crowded center position with Jordan Hill, Ed Davis and Robert Sacre," according to Koutroupis.

"There is a market for big men right now, though, primarily in the Cleveland Cavaliers. They just lost Anderson Varejao for the year and have long been rumored to be interested in an additional center even prior to losing their starter for the year.

"Hill and Davis could provide major boosts for them in light of Varejao's absence, but they have also been linked to Sacre in previous reports as well."

Even prior to losing Varejao, the Cavs had been attempting to trade for shot-blocker, which many analysts think the missing piece for the Cavs to become a real threat not only in the East but in the entire league.

Davis and Hill could certainly provide the size and length for the Cavs, but it's unlikely the Lakers would surrender these big men unless a first-rounder or a promising player like Dion Waiters is offered.

Read more: http://www.jobsnhire.com/articles/16411/20141229/nba-rumors-lakers-in-position-of-trading-jordan-hill-ed-davis-after-claiming-tarik-black-cleveland-cavaliers-potential-buyers.htm#ixzz3NNcirxtE

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-rumors-lakers-positioned-to-make-move/

Jayb587
12-30-2014, 08:04 AM
cool some action. We can do better than Joe harris and a crap first round pick though. I doubt CLE is the only team interested in hill, let them bid it up.

Vinylman
12-30-2014, 08:40 AM
cool some action. We can do better than Joe harris and a crap first round pick though. I doubt CLE is the only team interested in hill, let them bid it up.

is that you mitch? You do this every year... over value your players and then don't do anything...

remember last year when we could have traded pau for Bynum and a first to get under the LT?

How did that work out for the Lakers?

Jayb587
12-30-2014, 08:51 AM
is that you mitch? You do this every year... over value your players and then don't do anything...

remember last year when we could have traded pau for Bynum and a first to get under the LT?

How did that work out for the Lakers?

Lakers fans so crabby these days LOL

Ty22Mitchell
12-30-2014, 08:51 AM
Is the source legitimate? I just never heard of them.

I'd be very happy with a first round pick for Jordan Hill. I'm unsure if I would want Dion Waiters (sp?) though. He has volume scorer written all over him; ala Nick Young, Stephen Marberry (sp?), Jaamal Crawford, Nick Van Exel, etc.

Jayb587
12-30-2014, 08:52 AM
Oh and id rather do nothing then get joe harris and the 28th pick in the draft.

Vinylman
12-30-2014, 09:19 AM
Oh and id rather do nothing then get joe harris and the 28th pick in the draft.

28th pick? right now there pick is either 19 or 20 depending on the Bulls swap...

but let me get this straight... you would rather keep Hill next year for $9 million than trade him for a first and a prospect....

mmmkay...

Iron24th
12-30-2014, 09:26 AM
I'm OK for trading hill, he's useless in our crappy team, isn't starter material and already declining after 30 games, he would be good as an energy guy off the bench on a contender, and that's it.

But I'd try to get more for him before making this move, oh and Fck gilbert.

Jayb587
12-30-2014, 09:28 AM
28th pick? right now there pick is either 19 or 20 depending on the Bulls swap...

but let me get this straight... you would rather keep Hill next year for $9 million than trade him for a first and a prospect....

mmmkay...

that high a pick, id take that

Jayb587
12-30-2014, 09:36 AM
I'm OK for trading hill, he's useless in our crappy team, isn't starter material and already declining after 30 games, he would be good as an energy guy off the bench on a contender, and that's it.

But I'd try to get more for him before making this move, oh and Fck gilbert.

right, id rather trade him to a team competing for a playoffs, hope they miss out, and make that a lottery pick

Vinylman
12-30-2014, 09:49 AM
right, id rather trade him to a team competing for a playoffs, hope they miss out, and make that a lottery pick

any pick for hill is gonna be protected... picks are almost never unprotected anymore....

look at this way.... you could take that pick add the Houston pick and Nash's expiring and maybe get something real nice...

you always have to be looking 2 to 3 moves ahead... of course m(b)itch and jimbaco are not very smart.

Iron24th
12-30-2014, 10:23 AM
any pick for hill is gonna be protected... picks are almost never unprotected anymore....

look at this way.... you could take that pick add the Houston pick and Nash's expiring and maybe get something real nice...

you always have to be looking 2 to 3 moves ahead... of course m(b)itch and jimbaco are not very smart.

Exactly, only positive out of this, is if they're really trying to move hill for a pick is that they finally officially gave up on the season, and we could finally have a real shot at bottom 5.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-30-2014, 11:22 AM
Lakers should be purging the roster. Get any young assets and picks you possibly can. Should be looking into dumping Nash expiring for a bad contract and assets tucked in. Re-flip Lin for any assets. Lakers need to nose dive to keep their own pick.

Mcdoh
12-30-2014, 12:15 PM
not a bad trade.. considering we get a first round pick.. and joe harris is not that bad either..

lets just hope FO dont overvalue hill and end up not trading him.. then in the off season decided to not exercise that team option.. :D

It's Maaaaaagic
12-30-2014, 12:36 PM
Lakers should be purging the roster. Get any young assets and picks you possibly can. Should be looking into dumping Nash expiring for a bad contract and assets tucked in. Re-flip Lin for any assets. Lakers need to nose dive to keep their own pick.

Precisely.

When I'm playing a racing video game, and I have a bad spin-out and know that I'm not going to be able to win the race, I don't waste time continuing the race, I crash the car so that the race will immediately reset. Who doesn't figure these things out??

LA_Raiders
12-30-2014, 12:39 PM
Tanking on full mode

midwestlaker75
12-30-2014, 01:26 PM
I don't know a whole lot about Joe Harris, I watched some game video of him and he doesn't look too bad. I must watch some Cavs games up close and really observe him.

If he is as good as they say...That trade would be solid move. You could then use that pick as part of another trade. Or keep it, The tank looks like it's gonna finish the task and so you would end up with 3 #1's (along with Julius Randle essentially being a #1 also)+ cap space for 1 max player & some mid-level players. If Tarik Black is what they say he is along with Jordan Clarkson. That is a good start to getting things back right.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-30-2014, 01:38 PM
1st rounders :drool:

mufridaz
12-30-2014, 01:48 PM

I agree Miller...

j.hill for 1st and young prospect

ed davis for late first high 2nd

lin for 2nd

Kelly for 2nd

plus we still have hoston's first late 1st rounder

we have our 2nd rounder

and we have a chance at keeping our top 5 pick this year

use all those picks to move up in the draft and maybe get the next superstar of the future. I suggested okafur but could maybe get at least 2 really good players if we're smart.

mufridaz
12-30-2014, 01:55 PM
the warriors with bogut out are another team instersted in a big man. if we can both get young players plus maybe use cap space to field a competitive team next year that would be nice. I wouldn't mind taking iggudola's contract even though he's older might make kobe happy and could either play some point or be our answer at SF. with kobe at the 2. since iggudola's not playing that well and has an a long contract might even get a pick out of the deal as well plus help us for next year. if we had an iggudola at point kobe at sg jimmy buttler at SF Julius randle C okafur would be a very good team next year. Plus have a young core for future. I would prefer exum over Clarkson though if somehow Utah got deron we might have a shot at that.

PG iggudola/clarkson
SG kobe/swaggy
SF jimmy buttler/?
PF Julius randle/black
C okafur/sacre

although iggudola is still part of rotation for warirors but another big like j.hill would probally be more valuable.

Teeboy1487
12-30-2014, 02:01 PM
If we can get another mid to late first rounder, that would be awesome.

still1ballin
12-30-2014, 02:02 PM
1st rounder? Hell yeah. We need to start doing what Boston is doing. Trade everyone and load up with picks!

mufridaz
12-30-2014, 02:03 PM
j.hill's numbers are down this month that might hurt his trade value a little. he was a double double machine.

trade j.hill, ed davis who will opt out of his contract next year unless we want to pay him at least 5 mil a year for several years I suggest we trade high, and of course lin who can be a great backup pg for a contender.

reason I suggest trade Kelly is b/c we have randle and don't need a stretch 4 and now we also have black a 6'9 pf/c.

if we're going all out can trade swaggy too

all those future picks/assets/young players would set us up good for future plus give us cap space and trade assets if we went into a Bledsoe/stephson or dragic/jimmy buttler direction next year ; and if we could move up in draft and snag an okafur or another promising big man would have randle/okafur for future. of course exum/randle/okafur for future would be better. would give us a good mix of aging super star kobe, rising stars ie jimmy buttler/Stephenson/Bledsoe and young players and future all stars exum/randle/okafur.

I hope hill isn't playing bad on purpose lol. b/c he doesn't want to be traded. but being traded to a contender and playing along side LeBron or curry would both be nice for him.

still1ballin
12-30-2014, 02:14 PM
I think the Cavs will be desperate to receive Hill considering Lebron isn't happy and that they lost Varejao. We can get them by the balls!

mufridaz
12-30-2014, 02:17 PM
I haven't seen any other rumors of j.hill to cavs maybe this is a good thing as usually the rumors you hear are usually not the deals that end up happening.

keep the tank alive mitch; kobe said he wants younger more athletic players so he really can't complain too much lol.

young assets/picks is the way to go for a team in the gutter.

and for people that want potential all star talent you need future assets in order to acquire them usually. just gotta hope j.hill remains healthy for half a month lol. you know he's going to get hurt at some point this year so gotta trade him while stock is high and there is a need for big men.

parr4
12-30-2014, 02:17 PM
Does anyone else realize that this trade can't happen. The Cavs are over the cap, Hill makes 9 mil & Harris only makes 800k. Salaries have to match...the pick isn't enough to make it work.

midwestlaker75
12-30-2014, 02:19 PM
First of all...The Bulls are NOT going to trade Jimmy Butler. He is slowly becoming the face of that team, As the city of Chicago becomes disgruntled w/Derrick Rose and his injuries. As a matter of fact You may be able to trade for Derrick Rose before you can get Jimmy Butler. He is pretty much untouchable at this point in time. However g/f Tony Snell can be had and he has many of the same characteristics as Butler and at about $1.5 mil for 2015 a bargain. I would try trading Wes Johnson for him straight up. As good defensively and a better offensive player.

mufridaz
12-30-2014, 02:22 PM
well sure you could get a third team involved if necessary if there is a will there is a way

the cavs have a 5.2 mil trade exception
joe harris 884k

I don't want dion waiters. Not sure how the trade exception works can anyone fill us in?

mufridaz
12-30-2014, 02:25 PM
The bulls can't afford jimmy buttler. He's a free agent next year. We could offer him a max offer and make the bulls match.

the bulls next year are already at max cap 67 mil and have a qualifying offer of 3mil on buttler. buttler is going to be a max player. So please tell me how they afford to keep him?

they could maybe trade taj Gibson but that still wouldn't be enough 8 +3 is 11 mil.

mufridaz
12-30-2014, 02:30 PM
arron brooks has played well for bulls this year that's an expiring, Dunleavy also expires this year. plus mohamad is on min contract. So brooks will need a pay raise probally and will need money to keep Dunleavy.

the bulls got screwed by that European player coming over this year who takes up 5 mil a year.

hinrich has a player option of 2 some mil he might want more money too.

they have 60 mil in guaranteed money already and as is 67 mil which including buttler's 3mil qualifying offer.

so granted buttler get a max contract of 15 mil a year how can the bulls afford it? even without hinrich, brooks, Dunleavy, taj Gibson they still can't afford it.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-30-2014, 02:31 PM
well sure you could get a third team involved if necessary if there is a will there is a way

the cavs have a 5.2 mil trade exception
joe harris 884k

I don't want dion waiters. Not sure how the trade exception works can anyone fill us in? Can only trade a TPE for a player. Player has to fit into the price of the TPE or greater of $100K. TPE cant be combined with other salary in trades can only be solo.

mufridaz
12-30-2014, 02:31 PM
think I meant to say j.buttler is restricted free agent not totally sure on that though. point is we should offer him max contract and make bulls have to match it. I don't think they can.

jaydubb
12-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Nobody is talking about the real news here...

The Cavs looked into trading for robert Sacre.. #mindfuxcked

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-30-2014, 03:54 PM
think I meant to say j.buttler is restricted free agent not totally sure on that though. point is we should offer him max contract and make bulls have to match it. I don't think they can.

I believe Bulls will match all max offer sheets. Then try and unload Gibson's salary before season starts.

Lakersfan2483
12-30-2014, 04:38 PM
If they can make this trade, it would be a step in the right direction. acquire assets for the future.

Vinylman
12-30-2014, 04:40 PM
Nobody is talking about the real news here...

The Cavs looked into trading for robert Sacre.. #mindfuxcked

they offered the Lakers two tacos and a chalupa....

We are holding out for two taco supreme's and two chicken quesadilla's

foonaka
12-30-2014, 04:43 PM

I'd do it for a Crunch Wrap.

GREATNESS ONE
12-30-2014, 06:54 PM
Or a Mexican Pizza :]

jaydubb
12-30-2014, 08:03 PM

I'd do it for a Crunch Wrap.

Or a Mexican Pizza :]

Taco Bell :drool:

bleedprple&gold
12-31-2014, 12:45 AM
I believe Bulls will match all max offer sheets. Then try and unload Gibson's salary before season starts.

This. Bulls will absolutely match any offer for Butler and worry about money issues later. You just don't let a talent like that get away so we have no shot at him.

mufridaz
12-31-2014, 02:16 AM

look at there salary commitments for next year look at the contracts of arron brooks, Dunleavy, brooks has played well for them this year. they still have to fill out a roster and with 67 mil already on the books without these contracts not sure how they afford it even with taj Gibson gone.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/chicago-bulls-team-salary/

rose 20 mil
noah 14 mil
taj Gibson 8.5 mil
pau 7.5
mirotic 5.5
doug mercdirmit 2mil
tony snell 1.5

60 mil in guaranteed money
67 mil inclusive total including the qualitying offer player option and some opther vet min players not listed

Dunleavy expiring 3mil
arron brooks vet min expiring
hinrich 2.8 player option probally optout for more money
jimmy buttler 3 mil qualitying offer will end up being 15mil

please tell me how the bulls afford a max offer

mufridaz
12-31-2014, 02:24 AM
with as much as rose gets hurt they are going to have to at least keep one of Dunleavy arron brooks and hinrich and maybe 2 of the 3 and they probally will be expecting a pay raise as well

jimmy buttler will be getting a 12 million dollar pay raise and Gibson only makes 8.5 so that means 3.5 million has to be cut.

rose 20mil, noah 14, jimmy buttler 15, pau 7.5, mirotic 5.5, doug mercdirmit 2mil, tony snell 1.5 = 65.5 mil almost salary cap right there with just 7 players. a roster is 15.

and lets not forget Dunleavy made 3mil, arron brooks is getting a pay raise, hinrich 2.8 mil probally opting out for a raise. and they need to keep at least 2 of the 3 probally if not all 3 next year.

I just don't see how they can pull it off financially. its been said before they like wes Johnson. he likes defense in Chicago.

mufridaz
12-31-2014, 02:35 AM
one thing we know about bulls ownership is they are penny penchers do not like to go above cap at all what so ever. so to say the bulls are going to just spend over the salary is a stretch.

but back on topic I guess the only thing that would work trading j.hill to the cavs would have to involve a third team. i'm sure if they give waiters which we don't want they wouldn't offer a 1st as well.

if I was the cavs I would probally be calling charlotte to see if al Jefferson C is available maybe for triston Thompson PF 5mil and waiters 4mil sg. then try to get ed davis from lakers for 1st rounder.

kyrie
leBron
shawn marion/mike miller
k love/ed davis
al Jefferson/haywood

if cavs can't win a chip with that team not sure what to think lol. and could make another small trade if needed for another future pick to get more backup bench help. maybe ray allen comes, maybe deltone west for vet min idk.

I realize charlotte doesnt' need another sg but would be another tradable asset to maybe get into a 3 team trade.

curtcocaine
12-31-2014, 11:21 AM
Warriors need a big

curtcocaine
12-31-2014, 11:21 AM
Hill and young for david lee?

bleedprple&gold
12-31-2014, 12:33 PM
Hill and young for david lee?

No thanks. We want young talent to develop. Not aging declining vets. Lee will do nothing for this team.

mufridaz
12-31-2014, 01:59 PM
why with like 7 PFs on the roster would we want david lee? probally would have to be a 3rd team involved maybe if trade to warriors.

RubberBand Man
12-31-2014, 02:38 PM
We better be gettin Lebron outta of that deal..... or atleast Waiters.

Rocco007
12-31-2014, 04:06 PM
JLin played only 15 mins yesterday... Price 33 mins....Lakers must be working on something big...or multiple moves...

jaydubb
12-31-2014, 04:18 PM
JLin played only 15 mins yesterday... Price 33 mins....Lakers must be working on something big...or multiple moves...

Yep and it couldn't be because price was playing good and lin was playing like **** that game.. Also lebron sat out, so obviously the lakers are gonna trade lin for lebron

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-31-2014, 04:19 PM
look at there salary commitments for next year look at the contracts of arron brooks, Dunleavy, brooks has played well for them this year. they still have to fill out a roster and with 67 mil already on the books without these contracts not sure how they afford it even with taj Gibson gone.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/chicago-bulls-team-salary/

rose 20 mil
noah 14 mil
taj Gibson 8.5 mil
pau 7.5
mirotic 5.5
doug mercdirmit 2mil
tony snell 1.5

60 mil in guaranteed money
67 mil inclusive total including the qualitying offer player option and some opther vet min players not listed

Dunleavy expiring 3mil
arron brooks vet min expiring
hinrich 2.8 player option probally optout for more money
jimmy buttler 3 mil qualitying offer will end up being 15mil

please tell me how the bulls afford a max offer Bird rights. Can go over the cap to sign your own. NBA always been like this. I suggested same idea in Bucks forum to throw max offer at Jimmy and watch the Bulls sweat and match it. Then life goes on. Also its been known Gibson been kinda unhappy coming off the bench. So he be odd man out through trade easily in the summer to make up the cap difference. Yeah Bulls will be in luxury tax. But most playoff teams are.

Rocco007
12-31-2014, 06:22 PM
Yep and it couldn't be because price was playing good and lin was playing like **** that game.. Also lebron sat out, so obviously the lakers are gonna trade lin for lebron
That's never prevented Scott before...JLin has never played 15 mins..just came off of a 19pt games vs the Suns... 4 pts and 4 assts in 15 mins isn't exactly a disaster... But I shouldn't expect any better comments from the peanut gallery. ..

bleedprple&gold
12-31-2014, 07:22 PM

You are reading way too much into it. Just because a guy played less minutes than usual doesn't mean he's getting traded. And when he plays more minutes than usual then that means he being showcased for a trade? Point being you can always look for a reason why a player might be getting traded if you want to look for one.

jaydubb
12-31-2014, 07:49 PM
That's never prevented Scott before...JLin has never played 15 mins..just came off of a 19pt games vs the Suns... 4 pts and 4 assts in 15 mins isn't exactly a disaster... But I shouldn't expect any better comments from the peanut gallery. ..

The peanut gallery..? Ok..

You can love Jeremy Lin and his 4 points and 4 assists all you want but he was missing some terrible shots and price was hot, that's the facts.. If Scott gave Ronnie price the minutes Lin had and lin the minutes that price had they might not have even won the game.. Part of being a head coach is distributing minutes effectively, taking a player out that is missing shots and putting a player in that is making shots is an easy decision imo..

Long story short, once again you're trying to make something out of nothing..

Vinylman
01-01-2015, 01:44 PM
You are reading way too much into it. Just because a guy played less minutes than usual doesn't mean he's getting traded. And when he plays more minutes than usual then that means he being showcased for a trade? Point being you can always look for a reason why a player might be getting traded if you want to look for one.

quit using logic ... its crayonboy... the TMZ of the Lakers forum

lakerfan85
01-01-2015, 03:06 PM
The Cavs can't trade their first round pick for 2015 until they draft the player.. Close this crap!!

Vinylman
01-01-2015, 03:43 PM
The Cavs can't trade their first round pick for 2015 until they draft the player.. Close this crap!!

they have other teams picks so they can actually trade theirs or one of the other ones...

just saying

AussieLaker
01-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Philly - Steve Nash expiring
Dion Waiters

Cleveland - Hill
Wayne Ellington or Wesley Johnson
Sacre
1st or second for waiters from Philly

Lakers - Jason Richardson (Expiring)
Haywood (2mill this year and Non Gauranteed 10mill next year)
Joe Harris
Plus a first from Cleveland and something from Philly

RaiderLakerz1
01-01-2015, 08:24 PM

RaiderLakerz1
01-01-2015, 09:19 PM
Trade Nash contract, Hill, Young,Trade exception to GS for Iggy, Holiday, & 1st

Trade Sacre & GS 1st to Cleveland for a 2nd

Lin for Lance Stephenson

Sign Jermaine Oneal

Price/ Holiday/ Clarkson
Kobe/ Stephenson/ Ellington
Iggy/ Johnson/
Davis/ Boozer/ Randle*
Oneal/ Black

Lance could lead the bench

A defensive team that has options

deadman8586
01-01-2015, 10:26 PM
Trade Nash contract, Hill, Young,Trade exception to GS for Iggy, Holiday, & 1st

Trade Sacre & GS 1st to Cleveland for a 2nd

Lin for Lance Stephenson

Sign Jermaine Oneal

Price/ Holiday/ Clarkson
Kobe/ Stephenson/ Ellington
Iggy/ Johnson/
Davis/ Boozer/ Randle*
Oneal/ Black

Lance could lead the bench

A defensive team that has options

Expect Oneal is most likely to sign in Dallas.

RaiderLakerz1
01-01-2015, 10:41 PM
Y not shoot for Oden or Omeka Okafor... Not the best but decent paint protectors. I'd rather have Hibbert if we could pry him away.

deadman8586
01-01-2015, 11:34 PM
Y not shoot for Oden or Omeka Okafor... Not the best but decent paint protectors. I'd rather have Hibbert if we could pry him away.

That's if they take Nash and Hill off our hands.

mufridaz
01-02-2015, 04:04 AM
I wouldn't touch hibbert with a 10 ft pole. you might get 20 pts 10 rebounds or you will most likely get 2 points 7 rebounds. no thanks on hibbert. he's not a difference maker. if he knew how to demand the ball use his body and dunk and had some kind of inside fire sure but he doesn't.

not sure if we can trade ed davis but he's going to require more than 1 mil next year to keep him at least 4 or 5mil would be my guess and he would want multiple years. sure another team will bid something like 8mil to steal him away from us so probally best to trade him this year if possible. if we can.

j.hill is gone for sure just waiting on the best 1st rounder we can get for him

j. lin with the Asian market might be good idea to keep him if he only wanted say 4mil to be a backup pg next year but swaggy already said lin looks to shoot a lot more than say price. I just do not see lin sticking around either. I doubt he wants to stick around for 4mil and be just the backup. he wants to take game winning shots LOL.

Kelly we don't need him hate stretch 4's. send him to dallas for a 2nd rounder he can be dirk's backup and learn from the best stretch 4 there is.

swaggy stays I bet but if we're cleaning house and doing a total rebuild he's gotta go. he's worth a 1st for sure.

Clarkson the way he was starting the season with idk like 18 per rating leading the rookie of the year thing for first few weeks of the season could of been worth a 1st perhaps had he played more. probally just a 2nd. would only trade him if he somehow got an exum granted Utah gets deron Williams back.

all those picks and if we continue the tank there is no reason we can't move up in the draft and get an okafur and still maybe even get another young wing and still have cap room to get 2 10 mil guys or one big name and a few ok guys to round out roster next year along with a core of young talent for future.

we also have nash expiring which could net us a pick if we take on some short term salary perhaps although maybe a stretch.

that would be funny to see exum/kobe/?/Julius randle/okafur out there next year. although if we keep our pick this year we loose it to phoenix next year unless we're top 3 worst teams in league I think. kobe did say last year I believe he wanted the team to get younger and more athletic lol. right now our youth is Clarkson, randle, Kelly, black, sacre.

also we have sacre that could get a 2nd as well.
-------------------------

I still think cavs should go after al Jefferson who's out 4 weeks

Lebrons out 2 weeks

a star pg in kyrie, star wing in LeBron, outside shooter/rebounder in k love, and inside presence scorer/rebounder in al Jefferson. that would be tough to beat. add another strong defensive wing and they are golden.

lakersfan01
01-02-2015, 03:04 PM
Joe Harris and a future 1st rounder :laugh2: keep dreaming Gilbert

numba1CHANGsta
01-02-2015, 10:42 PM
I'll only do this trade if Love and LeBron leave CLE or else this pick will be worthless

Triple_Ocho
01-03-2015, 11:41 AM
I'll only do this trade if Love and LeBron leave CLE or else this pick will be worthless

Right now that first rounder would be a top 20 pick. I would take it... Hill isn't worth as much as a lot of people in here think...

still1ballin
01-03-2015, 01:24 PM
Wanna see some trades go down!

jsthornton7
01-07-2015, 07:50 AM
CLE just acquired another first round pick. Let's hope we can trade Jordan Hill for JR Smith and their 2 first round picks :)

bleedprple&gold
01-07-2015, 12:27 PM
CLE just acquired another first round pick. Let's hope we can trade Jordan Hill for JR Smith and their 2 first round picks :)

Why do you want JR Smith?

Vinylman
01-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Why do you want JR Smith?

need a new 2nd lieutenant for the tank

angelsfan1984
01-07-2015, 04:24 PM
They need to be letting all of the contracts like Jordan Hill, Lin and Boozer get some show, so that we can trade them by the deadline...I haven't had a chance to watch much lately but why is Clarkson not getting playing time?

lakerfan85
01-07-2015, 04:31 PM
They need to be letting all of the contracts like Jordan Hill, Lin and Boozer get some show, so that we can trade them by the deadline...I haven't had a chance to watch much lately but why is Clarkson not getting playing time?

Because we have Ronnie Price.. Duh!!

AussieLaker
01-07-2015, 04:35 PM
Cavs and Denver are working on a Mozgov trade that will give the nuggets a 1st rounder and trade assets

Hurricane H
01-07-2015, 05:11 PM
Cavs and Denver are working on a Mozgov trade that will give the nuggets a 1st rounder and trade assets

I heard 2 first round picks for Mozgov. Why can't we get that trade for Hill?

deadman8586
01-07-2015, 05:35 PM
I heard 2 first round picks for Mozgov. Why can't we get that trade for Hill?

Because Hill trade value is not that great.

deadman8586
01-07-2015, 05:37 PM

Its because Clarkson is not ready that's why he needs work, and we can't trade Boozer because he was cut via amnesty.

lakerfan85
01-07-2015, 05:51 PM
Well I guess this thread can be closed now..

Jayb587
01-07-2015, 05:55 PM
man we really suck at everything, including trading

numba1CHANGsta
01-07-2015, 06:51 PM
man we really suck at everything, including trading

Everyone hates the Lakers and everyone loves LeBron, oh well thats life

Lakers4Dynasty
01-07-2015, 07:14 PM
Doesn't look Like the Lakers Are Working On Any Trades...

jsthornton7
01-07-2015, 07:23 PM
I can only hope that Mitch Kupchack is doing this on purpose to get rid of Jim.