PDA

View Full Version : It's That Time Again: Anthony Davis

Vampirate
12-27-2014, 09:57 PM
The criteria:

True Superstar: The cream of the crop and the most revered of players, they are no doubters who when you think of leaders to championships they come to mind.

Superstar: Leaders who have great stats and lead their teams to a lot of wins, however questions come to mind if they can win a championships as the main piece.

Franchise Player: Regarded as the building blocks of teams, these players are in between the Superstar and All Star Status as they have great stats but questions arise if they can lead a team deep into the playoffs.

All Star: Reserved for players who have great stats and can will their teams to victory but questions arise if they can lead a team to a great record let alone get deep in the playoffs.

Franchise Player (name only): Where once in the higher echelon of players however due to whatever reason their play has slipped but due to past play fans know of their names and grade them higher than their play indicates.

Star: Reserved for a player who can single handily lead their team to a victory, however these players cannot repeat this consistently during the season.

Starter: Nothing fancy here, solid player who once in a while can get star stats but not often, still won't cost the team many victories.

6th man: The line between starter and effective bench player. A talented type of player who has starter stuff but is too flawed to be used consistently during the game.

Effective Bench Player: The reserves that while not good-great all around can excell at what they do to mitigate their minuses and can sometimes look like a starter.

Bench Player: Can do what an effective bench player does but will never wow you, they can be good at times but you hope they don't give away the lead.

*** sitter: They only exist in case of injuries or absolute garbage time to soak away minutes when players of a higher caliber need rest, including bench players.

It's that time again, an installment where you grade where a player would properly rank in your mind. In today's installment we look at Anthony Davis who's been a monster, the reason why i'm putting him in this question is if he had contender help around him would he be putting these monster stats up?

Where do you rank him?

Vinny642
12-27-2014, 10:11 PM
Biased vote but I submitted it

DillyDill
12-27-2014, 10:25 PM
True Superstar and future Hall of Famer without question

LilBigMan
12-27-2014, 10:29 PM
He's still got a lot to prove. It isn't worth it to take the time to rate him.

Maybe in a few years, when there's more to work with.

Ezio
12-28-2014, 12:33 AM
He's ready to take over the league. Heck look at his line tonight and people wouldn't be shocked to see those numbers, it's expected of him now.

tredigs
12-28-2014, 12:54 PM
A very soon superstar of Lebron James magnitude, and arguably better at the same age.

That said, his durability is already questionable and I'm not a fan of the fact that he anchors one of the worst defenses in the NBA despite having Asik as his running mate. He still has a ton to learn.

Shammyguy3
12-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Having seen him last night for the first time really, I was greatly impressed by how fluid his jumpshot looked. Not all that impressed with his all-around offense (avoided the post, I was surprised considering there were multiple times where NOP got a switch and didn't give him the ball against the likes of Dunleavy/Brooks guarding him). His shot blocking and altering shots is crazy, he covers a lot of ground. Still though, I wasn't greatly impressed by his overall defense.

I guess I was expecting a **** ton more from him, and he still dominated last night. He's athletic as **** and can take over this league in a couple of seasons. I do give him a slight pass last night, that Pelicans team isn't greatly constructed and they were going up against my Bulls

HoopsDrive
12-28-2014, 04:15 PM
For the future, true superstar. Right now, franchise player.

Voted true superstar though.

Longhornfan1234
12-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Best big man since Shaq. If Pelicans surround him with proper talent, he will easily surpass Shaq.

Jeffy25
12-28-2014, 09:12 PM
Two One Five cares about this poll

JordansBulls
12-28-2014, 09:17 PM
I'd say Superstar for now and by next year a true superstar.

Jamiecballer
12-28-2014, 10:10 PM
I'd say Superstar for now and by next year a true superstar.
So almost as good as Carmelo huh

Sly Guy
12-29-2014, 02:40 AM
superstar until he proves himself in the playoffs. And I really hope he does this year, I love his game

Deception
12-29-2014, 02:42 AM
Between franchise player and superstar, he's phenomenal as of late with his stats, when the wins build and everything comes together as of late is when he takes that next step.

By the way, what's the difference between superstar and true superstar?

tredigs
12-29-2014, 11:16 AM
superstar until he proves himself in the playoffs. And I really hope he does this year, I love his game

What players become a shell of themselves in the playoffs? I see this mantra a lot, and don't buy it.

Is your stance that they just beat up on the lesser talent and can't handle the elite teams?

kingsdelez24
12-29-2014, 11:22 AM
Best big man since Shaq. If Pelicans surround him with proper talent, he will easily surpass Shaq.

Lol whaaaaaaat? Shaq is the most physically dominant Center ever, Davis would get eaten alive by Shaq in the paint

tredigs
12-29-2014, 11:24 AM
Lol whaaaaaaat? Shaq is the most physically dominant Center ever, Davis would get eaten alive by Shaq in the paint

I'd say Wilt, but the 2nd part is true. Not necessarily relevant, though. They don't even play the same position.

kingsdelez24
12-29-2014, 11:36 AM

I'd say Wilt, but the 2nd part is true. Not necessarily relevant, though. They don't even play the same position.

Damn, I forgot about Wilt. 2nd most physically then for sure

I don't understand why the poster I replied to even brought up to Shaq in the first place too. Not even because they play different positions, but because they don't play alike at all either

Clippersfan86
12-29-2014, 12:36 PM
Davis has won me over this year. I'm jumping on the GOAT potential, Lebron tier player right now and for the coming years bandwagon. He's arguably the best player in the game and he's still only fu**ing 21. It's ridiculous. Dude is definitely the future of the NBA for many years to come. What I love most about him is his attitude and mentality. He doesn't make excuses, he works his *** off. He doesn't talk a lot of trash, he just plays his game.

Longhornfan1234
12-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Shaq and Davis are both big men. I'm saying Davis is the best big man since Shaq.

He's better overall player already than KG, Duncan, and Dirk.

tredigs
12-29-2014, 02:45 PM
Shaq and Davis are both big men. I'm saying Davis is the best big man since Shaq.

He's better overall player already than KG, Duncan, and Dirk.
When they were prime? Negative. Great counting stats, but AD still doesn't fully understand NBA defense and it shows up every game while they get crushed on that end. He has nowhere near Duncan or KG's bbiq -- we'll see if it ever shows up. Also, not a good playmaker. If we're talking GOAT potential, he better learn how to dish ~3-5 assists a night. KG was basically a point forward at his age.

kdspurman
12-29-2014, 02:50 PM
When they were prime? Negative. Great counting stats, but AD still doesn't fully understand NBA defense and it shows up every game while they get crushed on that end. He has nowhere near Duncan or KG's bbiq -- we'll see if it ever shows up. Also, not a good playmaker. If we're talking GOAT potential, he better learn how to dish ~3-5 assists a night. KG was basically a point forward at his age.

Sadly, he really believes even in their prime, AD has already surpassed them. He said it in another thread too.

GottaLoveCubs
12-29-2014, 11:18 PM
Well he's the 3rd best player in the league right now so I voted true superstar.

mRc08
12-30-2014, 02:18 AM
Has he really been THAT good this year? I haven't watched any games but the praise in this thread is crazy!

Jeffy25
12-31-2014, 04:46 AM
I just hope he will stay healthy