PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Draft

Deception
12-26-2014, 05:06 PM
I was watching the Bad Boys documentary and thought what if we were to have another expansion draft like they did and each team was allowed to only keep 8 players, which 8 players would your team keep if this were to happen and why?

abe_froman
12-26-2014, 05:13 PM
rose,butler,gasol,noah,mirotic,taj,dougie,and probably dunleavy

jerellh528
12-26-2014, 05:17 PM
Just kobe, randle, and davis.
The rest can go.

GunFactor187
12-26-2014, 05:23 PM
Drummond, Monroe, KCP, Meeks, Dinwiddie, and Jerebko are probably the only guys I'd keep, rest could go lol.

Cal827
12-26-2014, 05:48 PM
Lowry
Derozan
Bruno Caboclo
Amir Johnson
Jonas

Vasquez
Williams
Patterson

This idea leaves me conflicted over the 8th spot. I love James Johnson's grit on the team, but Bruno's and Ross's potential outweighs it. I picked Bruno over Ross, cause I think there's a good chance that we'll be shopping Ross to try and get a legitimate starting 3 (maybe the need will be accelerated if we lose in the playoffs to a team with a good SF).

jericho
12-26-2014, 06:04 PM
Lowry
Derozan
Bruno Caboclo
Amir Johnson
Jonas

Vasquez
Williams
Patterson

This idea leaves me conflicted over the 8th spot. I love James Johnson's grit on the team, but Bruno's and Ross's potential outweighs it. I picked Bruno over Ross, cause I think there's a good chance that we'll be shopping Ross to try and get a legitimate starting 3 (maybe the need will be accelerated if we lose in the playoffs to a team with a good SF).

You left Ross out of your list.

jericho
12-26-2014, 06:15 PM
I actually have a better questions. What would the 2 expansion teams look like? Who could be in their rosters?

Lakers + Giants
12-26-2014, 06:21 PM
Only need 4 tbh.

Randle, Davis, Hill, Clarkson.

mngopher35
12-26-2014, 06:24 PM
Rubio
Shabazz
Wiggins
Bennett
Dieng
Lavine
Gr3 (maybe Daniels)
Martin (value?)

Basically I would keep the young guys and a vet with value, first 6 are locks. It would be nice to get rid of peks contract. Hummel, bud, mo I have no issues losing either, adrien is cheap replacement too. Thad could be the 8th spot I guess but I would just keep whichever has most value which I assume is Martin. Haven't seen enough of Daniels to have a real opinion on him yet so him or gr3 because they are young/cheap.

J_M_B
12-26-2014, 06:42 PM
Wade
Bosh
Deng
McRoberts
Birdman
Napier
Ennis
Chalmers

I'm not sure I would want to keep 8 though haha

**** I'll drive Norris Cole to the airport :laugh2:

IndyRealist
12-26-2014, 06:48 PM
Paul George
George Hill
David West
CJ Watson
Solomon Hill
Luis Scola
Ian Mahimni
Lavoy Allen

I practically guarantee they leave Roy Hibbert available and hope some team bites. They should let West go as well, but they wouldn't.

dhopisthename
12-26-2014, 07:22 PM
Favors
Hayward
Kanter
Gobert
Burks
Exum
Hood
Burke

Leaving
Booker
Novak
Evans
Ingles
Ian Clark
Toure Murry

Cal827
12-26-2014, 07:36 PM
You left Ross out of your list.

:laugh2: I'm aware

As much of the Raptor forum knows, I'm not too high on Ross. He does have potential, but I'm not exactly sure if he'll hit it (at least on the Raptors, since he has to play out of position most of the time).

mightybosstone
12-26-2014, 07:38 PM
PG Patrick Beverley
SG James Harden
SF Trevor Ariza
PF Donatas Motiejunas
C Dwight Howard

SF Kostas Popanikolaou
SG Jason Terry
PG Isaiah Canaan

That leaves out Smith, Brewer, Jones, Shved, Dorsey, Johnson and Capela. It's easy to leave out Dorsey, Johnson and Capela, because none of them are contributing much to the team right now. Shved is also an easy cut since I know what I'm getting in Canaan and he fits this team a little bit better. I knew I wanted Pop and Terry, because both guys have been so key to the rotation, so I could only keep one out of Smoove, Brewer, Jones and Motiejunas. I chose D-Mo, because he's been healthy this season and I think he has the potential to be a pretty solid starting big man. Brewer is just an energy bench guy, Jones is still recovering from a major injury and I have no freaking clue what they're going to get out of Smith yet.

dalton749
12-26-2014, 08:06 PM
Keeping Vasquez over ross is the stupidest idea ever lol. Getting ross in an expansion draft would be amazing.

JEDean89
12-26-2014, 09:29 PM
lawson
gallo
chandler
nurkic
harris
faried
mozgov
afflalo

dropping: mcgee, hickson, foye, robinson, green, arthur and gee

TrueFan420
12-26-2014, 09:56 PM
If I'm going on pure talent

Curry
Klay
Barnes
Green
Bogut

Livingston
Iggy
DLee

However, cause of contracts and positional need iggy can be left off the list. Depending on the direction the FO wants to take. Yes Lee makes a lot as well but his deal is a year shorter. However, he could also find himself off the list under certain circumstances.

HoopsDrive
12-26-2014, 09:56 PM
Lowry
DDR
Ross
Amir
Jonas

Lou
James
Caboclo

I'd keep the starting 5, Ross is raw but potential alone is enough to keep him, the other guys are good role players but I'd rather take a gamble on potential. Raptors probably aren't winning it all this year so give Ross another year to see what he can do. Plus, Ross is a better trading asset. Lou Will has been the scoring punch off the bench so he's gotta stay. I like what James brings to the team in terms of toughness and decent penetration game. For the last spot, it's tough to let go of versatile frontcourt guys like Patterson especially when Raptors are so thin up front but Caboclo would easily get chosen by any expansion team due to rookie status and potential. The odds that the new team chooses both Patterson and Vasquez is low I'd imagine. Losing only one of them would already be a win to me so I'll take that chance and secure the young fellas. Plus, it's easy to swing a deal for a backup PG in today's NBA so Vasquez is even more expendable.

curtcocaine
12-26-2014, 11:05 PM
Curry
Thompson
Harrison
Green
Speights
Ezile
Iggy
Bogut

lamzoka
12-26-2014, 11:19 PM
This tread is not for knicks fans :eyebrow:

Oh boy where to start?

Melo
TH Jr
Calderon
Spike Lee
Derick Fisher
Phil Jackson
Knicks City Dancers

Deception
12-26-2014, 11:32 PM
This tread is not for knicks fans :eyebrow:

Oh boy where to start?

Melo
TH Jr
Calderon
Spike Lee
Derick Fisher
Phil Jackson
Knicks City Dancers

It's not for Pistons fans either, don't worry lol

Miltstar
12-27-2014, 04:51 PM
Lowry
Derozan
Ross
Patterson
Valenciunas
Caboclo
Williams
Johnson

I'd rather keep 2Pat over Amir. Amir is an old 27!! He is replaceable, so is Grevais... The Raptors would definately be giving up a high pick or two in the draft with our depth, that's for sure

RLundi
12-27-2014, 05:01 PM
Oladipo
O'Quinn
Vucevic
Harris
Payton
A Gordon
Fournier
Dedmon

RLundi
12-27-2014, 05:21 PM
I actually have a better questions. What would the 2 expansion teams look like? Who could be in their rosters?

From what I gather so far:

Hibbert
Josh Smith
Ross
Brewer
Lin

Hickson
McGee
Harkless
Novak
Aaron Brooks
Jennings

Not terrible :shrug:

Raps18-19 Champ
12-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Lowry, Derozan, Jonas, Ross, Vasquez, Williams, Amir, Patterson/JJ.

jericho
12-27-2014, 06:49 PM

From what I gather so far:

Hibbert
Josh Smith
Ross
Brewer
Lin

Hickson
McGee
Harkless
Novak
Aaron Brooks
Jennings

Not terrible :shrug:

That could actually be a playoff team in the east.

smith&wesson
12-27-2014, 07:20 PM
on the raptors I'd keep

Lowry
Derozan
Ross
Amir
Jonas
GVZ
Patterson
James Johnson

I guess Lou Williams would be the odd man out, but Id fight to keep him as well.

TO Rapz
12-27-2014, 08:08 PM
In:

Kyle Lowry - PG
Demar Derozan - SG
Jonas Valanciunas - C
Terrence Ross - SG
James Johnson - SF
Patrick Patterson - PF
Amir Johnson - PF
Lou Williams - SG

Out:

Tyler Hansborough - PF
Bruno - SF
Bebe - PF/C
Greg Stietsma - PF
Chuck Hayes - PF/C
Greivis Vasquez - PG
Landry Fields - SF

Pretty simple. My only debate would be whether to keep Amir, Lou or Bruno as the 8th man. Amir is breaking down and has been pretty trash this year. Lou is a good scorer off the bench but I'm not nearly as high on him as other people are. Bruno is pretty self explanatory in terms of potential.

Edit: I would not hesitate if I lost GV. There are plenty of quality PG's out there, harder to find decent bigs than a decent backup.

M.I.A.
12-27-2014, 08:25 PM
Hawks are keeping everybody. The end.

Tony_Starks
12-27-2014, 08:50 PM
Kobe
Swagg P
Randle
Davis
Booze
Wes Johnson
Hill

Everyone else kick rocks!

DemarDerozan
12-29-2014, 12:51 AM
Oladipo
O'Quinn
Vucevic
Harris
Payton
A Gordon
Fournier
Dedmon

Is O'Quinn good? I haven't seen a lot of Magic this year.

Goose17
12-29-2014, 06:54 AM
Curry
Klay
Iguodala
Green
Bogut
Livingston
Lee
Barnes or Speights.

FriedTofuz
12-29-2014, 07:43 AM
:laugh2: I'm aware

As much of the Raptor forum knows, I'm not too high on Ross. He does have potential, but I'm not exactly sure if he'll hit it (at least on the Raptors, since he has to play out of position most of the time).

Regardless of how high you are on ross, he's got potential and he can be a trade chip if you dislike him that much. He has value. Vasquez wouldnt even start for 25 teams in this league. To keep him over Ross just made me question your credibility as a raptor fan :/

FriedTofuz
12-29-2014, 07:49 AM
I think some of you are forgetting that there's no gurantee that just because you dont protect a player before the expansion draft, doesnt mean they'll be lost. I'd try to play it smart and protect all of the teams best players and assets which can be used for trades ( like young players who have potential even if they're not polished).

For the Raptors:

1. Lowry
2. Derozan
3. Ross
4. Valancuinas
5. Lou Williams
6. Bruno Caboclo
7. Patrick Patterson
8. Amir Johnson

As great as James Johnson has played, He's a vet who knows his role and has a cheap contract.
Vasquez is easily replacable. To some raptor fans who would exclude ross or cabocolo, Id encourage you to think of potential and value of these players for trades if you originally are not a fan of their game. But to keep James Johnson or Vasquez over either of them is absurd.

RLundi
12-29-2014, 09:16 AM
Is O'Quinn good? I haven't seen a lot of Magic this year.

Lots of potential I think. Elite interior defender, good passer, good shot blocker, can hit the mid range shot and even the 3 this year. Vaughn moved him into the starting lineup in place of Frye, who we paid $32M to start and stretch the floor. Hopefully that tells you something about how good KO has been. It's only his second or third year but he's a starter in the league and a potential 15-10-3-2 guy.

Jamiecballer
12-29-2014, 10:04 AM
Raptors:

K.Lowry
D.Derozan
A.Johnson
J.Valanciunas
P.Patterson
T.Ross
L.Williams
J.Johnson

Ty_Lawson
12-29-2014, 03:28 PM
Ty, AAA, Chandler, Faried, Mozgov, Harris, Nurkic, Gallo

nandovelez
12-29-2014, 03:31 PM
I probably keep mason plumlee, bogdanovich,teletevic, and thats about it

Raps18-19 Champ
12-29-2014, 04:03 PM
I think some of you are forgetting that there's no gurantee that just because you dont protect a player before the expansion draft, doesnt mean they'll be lost. I'd try to play it smart and protect all of the teams best players and assets which can be used for trades ( like young players who have potential even if they're not polished).

For the Raptors:

1. Lowry
2. Derozan
3. Ross
4. Valancuinas
5. Lou Williams
6. Bruno Caboclo
7. Patrick Patterson
8. Amir Johnson

As great as James Johnson has played, He's a vet who knows his role and has a cheap contract.
Vasquez is easily replacable. To some raptor fans who would exclude ross or cabocolo, Id encourage you to think of potential and value of these players for trades if you originally are not a fan of their game. But to keep James Johnson or Vasquez over either of them is absurd.

Lol expansion teams won't draft Caboclo when there would be better players/prospects available from other teams. I'm sure a lot of Raptors fans would like to keep Bruno but it's stupid to protect a guy with no value and won't be picked.

pebloemer
12-29-2014, 04:55 PM
Lowry
Ross
DeRozan
Patterson
Valanciunas
A Johnson
J Johnson
Caboclo

Blitzbolt
12-29-2014, 05:28 PM
Gasol
Conley
T.Allen

Everyone else is to old.

Kyben36
12-29-2014, 05:39 PM
rose,butler,gasol,noah,mirotic,taj,dougie,and probably dunleavy

Outside of dunleavy I agree, i would think Moore or Bairstow would get the nod over him, due to age, and contract

ManningToTyree
12-29-2014, 08:24 PM
Melo
Hardaway Jr
Early
Larkin
Pablo
Shump
Dalembert
Aldrich

That was so difficult after melo

schilling
12-30-2014, 06:37 PM
Well whomever the Sixers don't save, chances are, they aren't leaving.

albertajaysfan
12-30-2014, 06:59 PM

For the Raptors:

1. Lowry
2. Derozan
3. Ross
4. Valancuinas
5. Lou Williams
6. Bruno Caboclo
7. Patrick Patterson
8. Amir Johnson

Agree with both your list and your last paragraph.