MetroMan
12-26-2014, 12:39 PM
Are the defending champs in trouble?

still1ballin
12-26-2014, 12:43 PM
nah

MetroMan
12-26-2014, 12:45 PM
they're 7th in the west and can possibly fall out of the playoffs. I'm sure they will pick up but its just weird seeing them in a slump

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-26-2014, 12:55 PM
those two 3OT losses were heartbreakers

Hawkeye15
12-26-2014, 01:13 PM
I have learned not to even worry about them until late season

kdspurman
12-26-2014, 01:21 PM
injuries + lots of games in a small amt. of time. but as we've seen , they have the ability to turn it up another level when healthy (wins in gs, Memphis, LA clips)

when healthy and clicking, they are still the team to beat.

Bramaca
12-26-2014, 01:21 PM
They'll be fine. The Spurs are still on pace to win 50+ games.

ghettosean
12-26-2014, 01:28 PM
I've always under estimated them in the past and I'll never do that again no matter how old Tim Duncan gets... lol.

They'll be fine.

ThuglifeJ
12-26-2014, 01:32 PM

This. Don't be mistaken

jaydubb
12-26-2014, 01:44 PM

Yep

Mr. Baller
12-26-2014, 01:48 PM
No because the West is an 8 team race once Durant comes back. All 8 that make the playoffs can win it

torocan
12-26-2014, 01:50 PM
No.

Worrying about the Spurs prior to February/March is just silly. 15 consecutive 50 win seasons, 17 consecutive seasons of .645+ wins, 17 consecutive play off appearances, and they're the defending champions with multiple injuries and players returning from injuries (all of whom should return and hit mid-season form relatively soon).

The Spurs are one of the few teams in the NBA that you can pretty much assume will be there until proven otherwise. Remember last season when they had a losing record against top tier play off teams? Yah... we know how that went once they hit the play offs.

Wake me up if they're still in "trouble" when we hit February/March... if want to call a .600 record "trouble". ;)

Longhornfan1234
12-26-2014, 02:03 PM
They're done. Duncan, Parker, and Manu have regressed. Leonard needs offseason surgery on his hand. They look horrible. First round exit.

JEDean89
12-26-2014, 02:26 PM
they will get kawhi back and be good

ManningToTyree
12-26-2014, 03:02 PM
People will never learn to not doubt the spurs. The regular season means little to nothing for them. If they make it (and they will) they are as big a threat as anyone.

RLundi
12-26-2014, 03:25 PM
They look unmotivated at times. I still think at the best and most focused they beat GS.

jimm120
12-26-2014, 03:42 PM
They've had injuries to Leanord and have often sat/rested Duncan, Leonard, Manu, and Parker at the same time...multiple times.

GoferKing_
12-26-2014, 04:03 PM
It's the Suprs, we see threads like this every year and they still play top class Basketball.

kdspurman
12-26-2014, 04:35 PM
They're done. Duncan, Parker, and Manu have regressed. Leonard needs offseason surgery on his hand. They look horrible. First round exit.

Duncan has been great, what have you been watching. and parker has been hurt.

SportsFanatic10
12-26-2014, 04:54 PM

this

his posts never make sense, he only sees what he wants to see and not what actually happens on the court.

ichitownclowni
12-26-2014, 05:21 PM
this

his posts never make sense, he only sees what he wants to see and not what actually happens on the court.
Seems reasonable lol

Longhornfan1234
12-26-2014, 05:38 PM

He's shooting 47 FG% and 52 TS%. That's awfull efficiency for a big.

Sanjay
12-26-2014, 05:50 PM
Parker, Leonard and Splitter have been injured. Duncan and Ginobili have been rested for some of this stretch. They played two triple-overtime games in a row and have versed some tough teams. The Spurs don't care about seeding as long as they are healthy for the playoffs. Everybody said they couldn't beat the top teams in the regular season and then they won the championship.

Tony_Starks
12-26-2014, 06:03 PM
Pops Spurs are like Phil's Lakers. The regular season doesn't matter, its just getting to the playoffs healthy.

Verbal Christ
12-26-2014, 06:40 PM
Being nonchalant would be foolish. The West this year is on pace to be a historic type year. You dont want to fall behind too much and then expect to 'turn it on' whenever necessary. 3-7 type stretches are cause for concern for any team I would say.

kdspurman
12-26-2014, 07:21 PM
Being nonchalant would be foolish. The West this year is on pace to be a historic type year. You dont want to fall behind too much and then expect to 'turn it on' whenever necessary. 3-7 type stretches are cause for concern for any team I would say.

when have they been nonchalant?

kdspurman
12-26-2014, 07:26 PM
He's shooting 47 FG% and 52 TS%. That's awfull efficiency for a big.

ah... so that means he hasn't been great. (factoring his age and matchups he sees a lot of nights)

you were doubting them last year saying similar stuff. then stayed pretty quiet during the playoffs. I'd say your observations aren't exactly accurate

Crackadalic
12-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Spurs will make at least the west finals. There fine

People forget that have a lot of games and back to backs in dec.

Once mid jan on happens there good

DoMeFavors
12-26-2014, 07:50 PM
Spurs may be in cruise control but I really think they need to make a roster change a minor trade or trade. They just aren't impressing me.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-26-2014, 08:11 PM
They haven't looked particularly well so far, but I'm not that concerned. Splitter, Parker, and Leonard have all missed multiple games. Pop has sat Manu and Duncan multiple games. Patty Mills hasn't played yet either. Once they all get healthy I'm sure they will be ready to go.

kdspurman
12-26-2014, 08:21 PM
Spurs may be in cruise control but I really think they need to make a roster change a minor trade or trade. They just aren't impressing me.

same squad that did what they did in the finals? nah. they don't need a change, just need to get healthy.

DoMeFavors
12-26-2014, 09:08 PM
same squad that did what they did in the finals? nah. they don't need a change, just need to get healthy.

that was last year and after playing 2 straight yrs of playing all the way to June. Also Duncan and manu in late 30s a year older. Down downplay it.

kdspurman
12-26-2014, 09:32 PM
that was last year and after playing 2 straight yrs of playing all the way to June. Also Duncan and manu in late 30s a year older. Down downplay it.

have you seen them this year? manu looked bad at times cause he's had to play more minutes so he's tired. but once guys get back his minutes will drop a bit and he'll look less sloppy.

there's nothing being downplayed here. the same thing was said last year after they made the wcf the year prior, that they didn't have enough, breaking down , etc... thats the beauty of their team/system. it allows guys to stay fresh through out the year. especially the older guys

DoMeFavors
12-26-2014, 09:43 PM
have you seen them this year? manu looked bad at times cause he's had to play more minutes so he's tired. but once guys get back his minutes will drop a bit and he'll look less sloppy.

there's nothing being downplayed here. the same thing was said last year after they made the wcf the year prior, that they didn't have enough, breaking down , etc... thats the beauty of their team/system. it allows guys to stay fresh through out the year. especially the older guys

Homecourt matters though and Spurs need it especially in West

kdspurman
12-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Homecourt matters though and Spurs need it especially in West

in all honesty, the spurs need it against okc more than anyone. any other team they're capable of winning at least 1 on the road. if healthy of course.

LakersIn5
12-26-2014, 09:54 PM
They will begin to slow down and start their decline out off the playoffs.

Ive said that every year since 2008 though. Haha

DoMeFavors
12-26-2014, 10:14 PM
They will begin to slow down and start their decline out off the playoffs.

Ive said that every year since 2008 though. Haha

They did slow down but picked back up in 2011 and ever since.

kdspurman
12-26-2014, 10:30 PM
They did slow down but picked back up in 2011 and ever since.

Kawhi leonard was the difference maker. since he came it's been wcf/finals/finals

DoMeFavors
12-26-2014, 10:36 PM
Kawhi leonard was the difference maker. since he came it's been wcf/finals/finals

the parker,bogans,Richard Jefferson, Duncan, Mcydess with George hill was when I thought they were done. And Parker wanted out I think and Duncan looked done also.

sheesh
12-26-2014, 11:08 PM
People have been saying the Spurs were finished for like the last 4 years. They were ridiculously wrong about that. But the dynasty will NOT last forever. It will eventually end. It just has to. It's likely that by the end of the year all the doubters are proven wrong again. But you can't just say never to not doubt the Spurs.

Eventually at some point the Spurs will will not be "The Spurs".

LakersIn5
12-27-2014, 01:18 AM

Well the 2014 heat had the same squad that won them a ring in 2013 and we all know how that ended last june.

JasonJohnHorn
12-27-2014, 02:20 AM
They've been resting guys... had a couple of 3TO losses... its not like they aren't in the games and playing at a competitive level. Just a couple of bad bounces and a couple of injuries.

They are still 18-13.

Obviously if this continues over the next ten games, then they are in trouble, but I wouldn't worry about that with how well this team is coached.

Tony Parker wasn't in tonight either... that puts them at a distinct disadvantage.

IversonIsKrazy
12-27-2014, 03:03 AM
There's a little uncertainty. I never doubt them, b/c they're the Spurs. But still, I feel 3-7 stretch, 18-13 seems a little out of character for them. But then again, they win those 2 3OT games, and another close one they should've won, they're 21-10. Again, they've been injured, that is a factor. But the thing is, the way the spurs system is built, usually their "B" squad is capable of not only winning games, but beating top-caliber teams, which hasn't rly been the case thus far.

Again tho, this time last year, they had no beaten any top 6 West team I believe. Wasnt until January they actually beat a respectable team. I just feel that, usually they kick into a higher gear come post All-star, but I feel this year, they gotta start a bit earlier than that, don't want to fall down to #8 either.

Cal827
12-27-2014, 03:06 AM
I want to say that they might actually be starting to fall, but I've been saying that since 2009, and they keep making me eat crow. I'll remain silent lol

Chrisclover
12-27-2014, 11:39 AM
It's like 2010 again. The fatigue bug bites them and Father Time is twiddling them. Doubters arise.

nastynice
12-27-2014, 11:42 AM
injuries + lots of games in a small amt. of time. but as we've seen , they have the ability to turn it up another level when healthy (wins in gs, Memphis, LA clips)

when healthy and clicking, they are still the team to beat.

u could say that almost about any team. The question is, the clicking...

Chrisclover
12-27-2014, 11:43 AM
The idea that they have been entering the playoffs for years so they are absolutely fine is just trite. What if this year is a record-breaker? They once were the 1st seed but got sent back home by the Grizzlies.

mightybosstone
12-27-2014, 11:49 AM
Injuries obviously have played a huge role in this as both Leonard and Parker have missed 9-10 games games and Splitter has missed damn near the entire season. So I wouldn't say it's time to freak out just yet, but I do think there's some cause for concern. Through 31 games last year, they were 24-7. I just don't know if this team is as good as last year's squad. And if they don't get healthy and start making a run soon, they're going to end up in that 6-8 seed range and be in real danger of getting bounced in the first round.

kdspurman
12-27-2014, 12:08 PM
u could say that almost about any team. The question is, the clicking...

not any team cause the spurs have proven what they can do when healthy and clicking (finals performance) from what we've seen it's still better than the others. in terms of which 2 way dominance

kdspurman
12-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Well the 2014 heat had the same squad that won them a ring in 2013 and we all know how that ended last june.

I mean they made it to the finals... so even though it didn't end well its still a pretty darn good season, no?

mightybosstone
12-27-2014, 12:15 PM
not any team cause the spurs have proven what they can do when healthy and clicking (finals performance) from what we've seen it's still better than the others. in terms of which 2 way dominance

Do you still like their chances to finish with a top 3-4 seed in the West? I'm not doubting that it can happen, but they're four games out of the 4 seed right now. I keep waiting for them to make a run, but it has yet to happen.

kdspurman
12-27-2014, 12:59 PM
Do you still like their chances to finish with a top 3-4 seed in the West? I'm not doubting that it can happen, but they're four games out of the 4 seed right now. I keep waiting for them to make a run, but it has yet to happen.

at this point? it doesn't look likely. but I wouldn't be surprised to see them go on a run post all star break or something. that's usually when they do. there won't be an easy matchup out west regardless lol. it'll be a dog fight regardless.

a lot relies on Kawhi though. they went 8-8 when he was out last year, so seeing the struggles now is not surprising. they can't stop many teams when he is out, especially those teams who have guys who have perimeter scorers.

Longhornfan1234
12-27-2014, 01:38 PM
“Every time he thinks he's back, he feels something,” Popovich said, according to the Express-News. “He felt it at the end of the Clipper game. He gave it a run (Thursday). You can’t have him doing that so we’re going to sit him. Give it time and if we err, it’s on the conservative side. It keeps coming back and that’s not good, so we’re just going to sit him out for a while.”

It's over, man. Duncan and Manu have to keep playing major minutes due to Parker and Leonard injuries. Manu and Duncan will be wored out by playoff time. Last year's Spurs weren't this injured. Also they're older.

SPURSFAN1
12-27-2014, 01:41 PM
Injuries obviously have played a huge role in this as both Leonard and Parker have missed 9-10 games games and Splitter has missed damn near the entire season. So I wouldn't say it's time to freak out just yet, but I do think there's some cause for concern. Through 31 games last year, they were 24-7. I just don't know if this team is as good as last year's squad. And if they don't get healthy and start making a run soon, they're going to end up in that 6-8 seed range and be in real danger of getting bounced in the first round.

Pop is still resting his players as he sees fit. Why fight for a 3-5th seed hobbled? Best to settle for a 6-8th seed healthy. No one in the western conference can beat this team healthy even with homecourt. They are proven in the playoffs. Same can't be said for all other teams.

SPURSFAN1
12-27-2014, 01:43 PM
“Every time he thinks he's back, he feels something,” Popovich said, according to the Express-News. “He felt it at the end of the Clipper game. He gave it a run (Thursday). You can’t have him doing that so we’re going to sit him. Give it time and if we err, it’s on the conservative side. It keeps coming back and that’s not good, so we’re just going to sit him out for a while.”

It's over, man. Duncan and Manu have to keep playing major minutes due to Parker and Leonard injuries. Manu and Duncan will be wored out by playoff time. Last year's Spurs weren't this injured. Also they're older.

I can't even comprehend. Spurs know what it takes to win.

Longhornfan1234
12-27-2014, 01:46 PM
I can't even comprehend. Spurs know what it takes to win.

They're older and more crippled. Spurs fans keep ignoring this. Blind optimism?

SPURSFAN1
12-27-2014, 01:48 PM

More like results oriented. You could have said the same last year around the same time. Tell me what happened again? :laugh2:

Longhornfan1234
12-27-2014, 01:54 PM
More like results oriented. You could have said the same last year around the same time. Tell me what happened again? :laugh2:

Are they not a year older? Did they not go through grueling finals run last season? Did Leonard need offseason surgery last season? Did Splitter and Mills miss this many games last year? Parker's hammy keeps acting up. I don't remember Parker this injured during the season last year. Diaw and Manu regressesd. Not the same team.

lajoie
12-27-2014, 01:57 PM

Weren't people saying the exact same thing at the start of last season?

Longhornfan1234
12-27-2014, 02:02 PM
Weren't people saying the exact same thing at the start of last season?

LMAO....so much failure in this thread. Manu and Diaw have regressed. Leonard is out indefinitely and needs offseaon surgery on his hand. Splitter has been injured basically the whole season. Parker's hammy is in worst condition than last season. Mills just got cleared. It's not same thing, brah.

SPURSFAN1
12-27-2014, 02:04 PM
Let me star from the back. Diaw and manu have not regressed. More like gassed from playing tripleover time games. Mills played with a torn rotator cuff and wrecked the heat. Imagine when he comes back. He is already cleared to play. Pop is holding him out. Splitter is playing limited minutes. He has always had calf problems. Same player just playing less minutes. Leonard doesn't need surgery. Just time off. Tony has always had hammy problems. Nothing new. He is being eased back. Again I could say the same thing about last year. How we looked crippled. The only thing new about the spurs is that they are the defending champs this year. Count them out at your own risk. Very bump material when they go on a tear.

SPURSFAN1
12-27-2014, 02:06 PM
LMAO....so much failure in this thread. Manu and Diaw have regressed. Leonard is out indefinitely and needs offseaon surgery on his hand. Splitter has been injured basically the whole season. Parker's hammy is in worst condition than last season. Mills just got cleared. It's not same thing, brah.

Where do you get your insider material? Can you post a link where they just aren't speculating?

kdspurman
12-27-2014, 02:08 PM

you're forgetting patty mills who has been cleared to play now and has missed all year. manu has to play more cause Joseph can't handle the pg duties all game. so mills/Joseph can handle it while parker sits out, thus giving manu the ability to play less.

Duncan's minutes will drop too. Tiago is getting back into form too. so as he is able to play more minutes with less restriction, that's less time for Tim to play.

and last year the spurs were injured. parker/leonard/Green all missed a good amount of time last year. they struggled in January/February, went like 8-8, struggled to beat elite teams, etc... you keep saying stuff that makes little sense regarding this team. I know for a fact you said similar stuff last year and like I said before you were mia during their playoff run.

SPURSFAN1
12-27-2014, 02:10 PM
you're forgetting patty mills who has been cleared to play now and has missed all year. manu has to play more cause Joseph can't handle the pg duties all game. so mills/Joseph can handle it while parker sits out, thus giving manu the ability to play less.

Duncan's minutes will drop too. Tiago is getting back into form too. so as he is able to play more minutes with less restriction, that's less time for Tim to play.

and last year the spurs were injured. parker/leonard/Green all missed a good amount of time last year. they struggled in January/February, went like 8-8, struggled to beat elite teams, etc... you keep saying stuff that makes little sense regarding this team. I know for a fact you said similar stuff last year and like I said before you were mia during their playoff run.

:laugh: Dude is a broken record.

Longhornfan1234
12-27-2014, 02:10 PM
Where do you get your insider material? Can you post a link where they just aren't speculating?

http://dimemag.com/2014/12/kawhi-leonard-indefinitely-popovich-calls-injury-problematic/

Longhornfan1234
12-27-2014, 02:15 PM

You're trolling right now. :no::no:

There's no point arguing with you Spurs fans. Victims of blind optimism. This is not the same team as last season. Pop says hand doctor never seen a hand injury like the one Leonard has. Leonard will not be 100% this season. I don't see Parker getting back to full health. I'll get the last laugh in June.

SPURSFAN1
12-27-2014, 02:16 PM
http://dimemag.com/2014/12/kawhi-leonard-indefinitely-popovich-calls-injury-problematic/

A san antonio reporter said he might need surgery and you believe this crap? Kawhi himself said it's not as bad as people think. From the man himself.

SPURSFAN1
12-27-2014, 02:19 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/spurs-injury-report-12/26/14

"bruised right hand"

:laugh:

lajoie
12-27-2014, 02:22 PM

There's no point arguing with you Spurs fans. Victims of blind optimism. This is not the same team as last season. Pop says hand doctor never seen a hand injury like the one Leonard has. Leonard will not be 100% this season. I don't see Parker getting back to full health. I'll get the last laugh in June.

Just like last season I guess?

SPURSFAN1
12-27-2014, 02:23 PM
Just like last season I guess?

How did I miss that gem. lol

Longhornfan1234
12-27-2014, 02:26 PM
A san antonio reporter said he might need surgery and you believe this crap? Kawhi himself said it's not as bad as people think. From the man himself.
Pop refute what Kawhi said. You didn't even read the link.

SPURSFAN1
12-27-2014, 02:27 PM

You think Pop is going to give an edge to his opponents. Pop playing the media like a fiddle. You fell for it.

Longhornfan1234
12-27-2014, 02:30 PM
You think Pop is going to give an edge to his opponents. Pop playing the media like a fiddle. You fell for it.

Lol...

SPURSFAN1
12-27-2014, 02:33 PM
Lol...

Pop doesn't even like between quarter interviews. The only one looking foolish is you.
Whether the spurs win or lose in the playoffs they are far from done.

astrosmaniac
12-27-2014, 02:51 PM
Pop is still resting his players as he sees fit. Why fight for a 3-5th seed hobbled? Best to settle for a 6-8th seed healthy. No one in the western conference can beat this team healthy even with homecourt. They are proven in the playoffs. Same can't be said for all other teams.

i agree there's no reason to be concerned right now, but i think that statement is foolish. Every first round matchup in the west is going to be an absolute dogfight and i believe there are 8 legit title contenders out west. This may be the same spurs teams but the other teams aren't the same

SPURSFAN1
12-27-2014, 02:59 PM
i agree there's no reason to be concerned right now, but i think that statement is foolish. Every first round matchup in the west is going to be an absolute dogfight and i believe there are 8 legit title contenders out west. This may be the same spurs teams but the other teams aren't the same

I just can't agree to that.

astrosmaniac
12-27-2014, 03:07 PM
I just can't agree to that.

well then we'll just have to agree to disagree. There hasn't proven to much separation among the top 6 (seed wise) to me and im sure as hell not counting out SA or OKC cause of their injuries.

Even if you don't think they are all legit title contenders, I think all 8 of those teams have proven good enough to beat each other in a single series and it will ultimately come down to matchups and home court

SPURSFAN1
12-27-2014, 03:11 PM
I remember the blazers thought regular season success meant much. They got dominated as bad as the heat. The teams I give the edge to are the ones with a lot of playoff experience. Only 2 or 3 in the west. I guess we hold different criteria which is fine.

astrosmaniac
12-27-2014, 03:16 PM
I remember the blazers thought regular season success meant much. They got dominated as bad as the heat. The teams I give the edge to are the ones with a lot of playoff experience. Only 2 or 3 in the west. I guess we hold different criteria which is fine.

I think that's due to matchups, not talent. The mavs were clearly an inferior team to the blazers last year imo but they almost beat the spurs cause of the matchups. I think if the blazers had avoided the spurs and played okc in the 2nd round they had a decent chance of making the WCF.

but like you said, we just view things differently. just trying to explain my thinking

kdspurman
12-27-2014, 03:55 PM

if I'm trolling by pointing out how little you know about this team, then what do you call what you're doing? do i really need to go back in time and dig up your posts from last year? I've heard this story from you befor from you. your take is far from accurate

kdspurman
12-27-2014, 03:56 PM
I think that's due to matchups, not talent. The mavs were clearly an inferior team to the blazers last year imo but they almost beat the spurs cause of the matchups. I think if the blazers had avoided the spurs and played okc in the 2nd round they had a decent chance of making the WCF.

but like you said, we just view things differently. just trying to explain my thinking

matchups are everything for sure. blazers probably have a better shot vs okc, I agree. just the way they play

DoMeFavors
12-27-2014, 05:09 PM
I don't see any clear favorites in WEST right now, I think any of the 8 playoff teams that's if OKC takes PHX spot can beat each other. That will be a great playoffs out west.

numba1CHANGsta
12-27-2014, 05:45 PM
They're old, Leonard was a fluke, the West is tough

Tony_Starks
12-27-2014, 06:13 PM
The funniest part is we would go look at Spurs threads year by year for the last 5 years or so people the comments would be exactly the same, only the names change. Spurs are finished...blah blah blah

Vampirate
12-27-2014, 06:36 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzz I'll believe it when I see it.

Chrisclover
12-28-2014, 01:29 AM
A bit spoiled by the win over the Heat.

mightybosstone
12-28-2014, 12:04 PM
Do you even root for a particular NBA team? All I ever see you do is rip on other teams every possible chance you get. If it's not the Rockets, it's the Spurs or the Clippers or the Heat. You're one of the most negative posters on the NBA forum. I have absolutely no idea why you post here, because it doesn't appear that you're a fan of any particular team. Just a bitter, angry sports fan who lashes out at any team he's pissed at on that given moment.

Blitzbolt
12-28-2014, 12:17 PM
The Grizz have been in some tough playoff series the last few years Spurs/OKC/Clippers and one think I learn is that home court matters I know good teams win anywhere but the west is brutal you need home court to survive.

kdspurman
12-28-2014, 01:11 PM
Do you even root for a particular NBA team? All I ever see you do is rip on other teams every possible chance you get. If it's not the Rockets, it's the Spurs or the Clippers or the Heat. You're one of the most negative posters on the NBA forum. I have absolutely no idea why you post here, because it doesn't appear that you're a fan of any particular team. Just a bitter, angry sports fan who lashes out at any team he's pissed at on that given moment.

I wondered the same thing man.

Longhornfan1234
12-28-2014, 01:49 PM

LeBron, KD, and The Brow fan. Best players right now and all three of them will be top 10 players in history.

SPURSFAN1
12-28-2014, 02:05 PM
LeBron, KD, and The Brow fan. Best players right now and all three of them will be top 10 players in history.

So just players then. :laugh2:

Longhornfan1234
12-28-2014, 02:11 PM
So just players then. :laugh2:

NBA markets players more than teams, and you don't expect people to be fans of players? Hahahahahaha.

SPURSFAN1
12-28-2014, 02:13 PM
NBA markets players more than teams, and you don't expect people to be fans of players? Hahahahahaha.

:clap:

kdspurman
12-29-2014, 02:12 PM
SA has played 23 games against the west already (tied with Sacramento for the most) including a bunch of B2B's, 3 games in 4 night type scenarios, with a good deal of injuries.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go on a little winning streak soon to get back on track as the schedule lightens up a bit.

SPURSFAN1
12-29-2014, 06:17 PM
SA has played 23 games against the west already (tied with Sacramento for the most) including a bunch of B2B's, 3 games in 4 night type scenarios, with a good deal of injuries.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go on a little winning streak soon to get back on track as the schedule lightens up a bit.

With patty mills back we have 2 good PGs and manu can slide back to his usual role. I expect to see more wins lately. If we get kawhi soon I expect a long winning streak like last year.

kdspurman
12-29-2014, 06:20 PM
With patty mills back we have 2 good PGs and manu can slide back to his usual role. I expect to see more wins lately. If we get kawhi soon I expect a long winning streak like last year.

Yea, Patty being back was much needed. Manu can play less, and the rotation will be much better than it has been. His energy alone last night was needed. They've missed the energy and scrappiness that he brings.

I'm hoping Kawhi is back in the next couple weeks. Parker needs to sit out as long as it takes at this point. Once Kawhi gets back, they'll get back to being that elite defensive team that they were to start out the year

SPURSFAN1
12-29-2014, 06:27 PM
Yeah patty mills was definitely a boost last night. Great to see him back.

MetroMan
01-14-2015, 03:38 AM
how about now guys? worried a little bit now?

SPURSFAN1
01-14-2015, 05:32 AM
Pop Tonight.

On making the Finals again this year

"Why not? I don't think anybody is that great, very honestly. Golden State looks different from everybody, obviously, because of their record, but still, I think anybody can beat anybody else. Top 10-12 teams in the league, it's anybody's ball game"

On the struggles

"We just haven't been consistent. It would be easier if we had two guys out this whole time, and you knew who's going to be out every night. But every two, three games is different people, so that has made it a little bit tough on the guys. The seven back to backs in December, kinda put us in a bit of a hole, it's a bit too much for any team, let alone people like us who are older than dirt. We just have to keep our heads up, keep playing, we get everybody healthy, and I think we can be a very good team"

On seeding

"You know, winning championships is difficult, no matter how you slice it, but you don't have to have the best record in the league to win the championship, we've done both. We've done everything. We got beat in the 1st round, we've been low in one whole thing, and we've been first in one whole thing. Every year is a different animal. It's a different mosaic so to speak, and you just try to put it together as best you can. Hopefully we have good times to look forward to when we get everybody back."

Pop ain't worried. Why should I?

R. Johnson#3
01-14-2015, 07:54 AM
As long as San Antonio makes the playoffs then they have a legit chance to make the Finals. Pop just needs to survive the regular season and then it's game time.

mightybosstone
01-14-2015, 10:13 AM
It's crazy to think it, but if San Antonio doesn't get its act together in the second half of the season, they could miss the playoffs. Phoenix has started playing much better basketball as of late and we all know OKC is going to make a run at some point. I certainly wouldn't bet on the Spurs not being in the postseason, but it's definitely not a certainty right now.

mightybosstone
01-14-2015, 10:17 AM
As long as San Antonio makes the playoffs then they have a legit chance to make the Finals. Pop just needs to survive the regular season and then it's game time.

Mmm... I don't buy that. Only one team in the history of the NBA has won an NBA Finals as a 6th seed or worse and that team (95 Rockets) acquired a Hall of Famer still in his prime (Clyde Drexler) before the trade deadline. If the Spurs are going to win another title, I think they need to either finish in the top 4 or get the perfect matchups for them as a lower seed.

kdspurman
01-14-2015, 10:34 AM
It's crazy to think it, but if San Antonio doesn't get its act together in the second half of the season, they could miss the playoffs. Phoenix has started playing much better basketball as of late and we all know OKC is going to make a run at some point. I certainly wouldn't bet on the Spurs not being in the postseason, but it's definitely not a certainty right now.

I actually think higher of the situation. Though I realize what you said is a possibility, they are only 4.5 games out of first in the South West with their toughest month out of the way, and probably a couple games away from finally having a full team. (Kawhi can never get hurt again though lol. He is too important to them) Pop is right though, no one has looked that good this year to be too concerned about seeding, though you obviously want to be higher than lower in most circumstances.

I wouldn't be surprised if by the all star break they jump up a few more spots in the standings in all honesty. I'd much rather them start slow and peak later, which seems to be the path they're headed for. i may be a bit optimistic, but that's my take on it.

valade16
01-14-2015, 11:31 AM
As a Portland fan I'd almost rather be the 3rd seed than the 1st or 2nd seed if the 1st or 2nd has to face OKC or SA in round 1.

Hawkeye15
01-14-2015, 12:18 PM
yawn......let me know when the Spurs actually fall off, as predicted they would for over half a decade now

rockets-fan
01-14-2015, 12:52 PM
yawn......let me know when the Spurs actually fall off, as predicted they would for over half a decade now

I'm not saying it'll happen this year, but it will eventually. I think this year is the start of their fall, they will still make WCF this year and then next year will be their last playoff run

valade16
01-14-2015, 01:13 PM

But how ironic would it be if every year for the past 5 years everyone said the Spurs were done and they just kept winning and now the 1 time everyone says not to panic they actually are done? :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
01-14-2015, 02:55 PM
But how ironic would it be if every year for the past 5 years everyone said the Spurs were done and they just kept winning and now the 1 time everyone says not to panic they actually are done? :laugh2:

it would be, I just have learned never get my hopes up that they finally slip. Those ****ers could sign Helen Keller and turn her into a lethal corner 3 ball shooter.

kobe4thewinbang
01-16-2015, 09:10 PM
I think there is reason to be slightly worried for the Spurs. It's crazy to think that how Spurs could be on the verge of a 3-peat (that damn game 6), but anyway...they seem to be turnover prone more than usual this season and shooting too many threes. I hope they have a good run, but hell, they could lose in the first round or get to the finals again. Hopefully they are at least healthy and prepared when the playoffs begin. I would hate to see injuries cost them a chance to repeat.

DaBear
01-16-2015, 09:15 PM
Who gives a ****. It's the regular season. Overreactions galore.

Legitimate
01-16-2015, 09:15 PM
well eventually they will run out of gas in the tank...if not this year then for sure in the future :shrug:

kdspurman
01-16-2015, 09:54 PM
Spurs were 8-8 without kawhi last season, and 9-9 without him this year. They are a different team without him. A .500 team.. That record is a large enough sample size to see that. The league is too athletic and quick. This is only the 2nd time (tonight's game) they have their full starting lineup.

If everyone is healthy, I worry very little. Especially with 8 of the next 10 games being home. They could make a jump a few spots up in the standings over the next few weeks.

kobe4thewinbang
01-17-2015, 12:49 AM
Spurs were 8-8 without kawhi last season, and 9-9 without him this year. They are a different team without him. A .500 team.. That record is a large enough sample size to see that. The league is too athletic and quick. This is only the 2nd time (tonight's game) they have their full starting lineup.

If everyone is healthy, I worry very little. Especially with 8 of the next 10 games being home. They could make a jump a few spots up in the standings over the next few weeks.I loved Popovich's quote about Kawhi's importance. It would be nice if they could find another player like him, double threat like the Splaah Bros.

kdspurman
01-21-2015, 01:04 PM
This sums it up-

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B744LXKCMAEweVR.png

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/1/21/7866051/kawhi-leonard-injury-return-spurs-dominance-stats-2015

kdspurman
01-21-2015, 01:06 PM
I loved Popovich's quote about Kawhi's importance. It would be nice if they could find another player like him, double threat like the Splaah Bros.

That'd be great... Green/Leonard may be the best wing defender combo in the league. He isn't on Leonard's overall level yet, (though he's a better shooter) but those guys do some great things defensively