PDA

View Full Version : Pick a Knick

ohreally
12-26-2014, 01:27 AM
Phil is hinting Santa is still making his way to Manhattan. So, just curious, what Knick or Knicks do you think might help your team in some way, even if it's a very limited way, and what or who would you give up?

You're the acting GM of your team and Phil is on the phone, so pretend you already proposed what could be considered your lowball offer, so it's time to be serious.

ChitownSports16
12-26-2014, 02:02 AM
Can fish still ball? That be my only guy.

slaker619
12-26-2014, 02:08 AM
#Heat could use Calderon or Bring the boy Hardaway Jr. !

ohreally
12-26-2014, 02:22 AM
#Heat could use Calderon or Bring the boy Hardaway Jr. !

But who or what would you give to get either or both?

Kyben36
12-26-2014, 03:22 AM
But who or what would you give to get either or both?

Christmas is about giving not receiving,

you asked who we wanted, not who we would give in return. so much for the giving spirit.

as far as who the bulls might be interested in, Slight interest in Hardaway, or Shumpert,

Problem with shump is anyone who trades for him does not own his rights, and the bulls really cant afford to sign him and jimmy next offeason, whether we trade taj or not. so he is really a rental unless he comes back to chicago for cheap, which is is from Il, so maybe.

I Might consider something along the lines of Shumpert for Tony Snell, Nazr Mohamed and the bulls first round pick, but i dont like giving up a first for a rental. but thats the most bulls would probably give up.

JasonJohnHorn
12-26-2014, 10:21 AM
The Cavs could use Dalembert.... give up a first for him.... Or send the Knicks Kyrie and Waiters for Smith, Jose and Dalembert. Not sure that is a great deal, but if gives the Cavs the pass-first point guard who can shoot that they need, a SG, which they also need, and a center, which they also need.

It does mean sending out a lot of talent... but....

KnicksorBust
12-26-2014, 11:26 AM
The Cavs could use Dalembert.... give up a first for him.... Or send the Knicks Kyrie and Waiters for Smith, Jose and Dalembert. Not sure that is a great deal, but if gives the Cavs the pass-first point guard who can shoot that they need, a SG, which they also need, and a center, which they also need.

Getting Kyrie for our trash? Lol. Thanks.

Dally for a first would be amazing.

JWO35
12-26-2014, 11:40 AM
IOU for Tim Hardaway Jr.

xxplayerxx23
12-26-2014, 11:45 AM
Getting Kyrie for our trash? Lol. Thanks.

Dally for a first would be amazing.

Sign me up for both lol

Jamiecballer
12-26-2014, 12:24 PM
Raptors could use Dalembert in exchange for Daniels and a 2nd.

IDunknown
12-26-2014, 05:47 PM

you asked who we wanted, not who we would give in return. so much for the giving spirit.

as far as who the bulls might be interested in, Slight interest in Hardaway, or Shumpert,

Problem with shump is anyone who trades for him does not own his rights, and the bulls really cant afford to sign him and jimmy next offeason, whether we trade taj or not. so he is really a rental unless he comes back to chicago for cheap, which is is from Il, so maybe.

I Might consider something along the lines of Shumpert for Tony Snell, Nazr Mohamed and the bulls first round pick, but i dont like giving up a first for a rental. but thats the most bulls would probably give up.

Is this true? I thought trades and waiver pick ups continues Bird rights. Remember when Knicks won Bird's rights for Lin and Novak? They were both picked after being waived. If Shumpert gets traded to Chicago, you think he would want to leave? It's his home town.

abe_froman
12-26-2014, 05:55 PM
Is this true? I thought trades and waiver pick ups continues Bird rights. Remember when Knicks won Bird's rights for Lin and Novak? They were both picked after being waived. If Shumpert gets traded to Chicago, you think he would want to leave? It's his home town.
it more about our desire to bring him back.i'm sure he'll be looking for more than min and we are spending everything on jimmy this summer

IDunknown
12-26-2014, 05:58 PM
it more about our desire to bring him back.i'm sure he'll be looking for more than min and we are spending everything on jimmy this summer

If he has Bird's rights you can sign Jimmy and sign Shumpert for more than the minimum too.

abe_froman
12-26-2014, 06:04 PM
If he has Bird's rights you can sign Jimmy and sign him for more than the minimum too.
after signing jimmy ,we will be looking for a starting sf next.a bench guy(like he would be with us),falls down on the priority list ,we wont go that far into lux to try and keep someone like that ,just not how we operate.

and for him he will want major pt/starting spot somewhere and would want to get as much as he can,it'll be his first chance at a payday

DoMeFavors
12-26-2014, 06:18 PM
Only players Knicks should keep are Hardaway and Melo, like don't even consider keeping anyone else. Nobody else seems like a good fit going further. Shumpert is what Knick fans failed to realize 3 years ago an overated defender and has no other game.

lamzoka
12-26-2014, 06:32 PM
Only players Knicks should keep are Hardaway and Melo, like don't even consider keeping anyone else. Nobody else seems like a good fit going further. Shumpert is what Knick fans failed to realize 3 years ago an overated defender and has no other game.

You love to bash knicks players. Do me a favor and look at your team's roster and and their picks/cap situation. Dont throw stones if you live in a glass house. At least Knicks fans have something to look foward to in the future.

ohreally
12-26-2014, 06:51 PM

Phil would send you a large box of herbal tea every Christmas for either of these deals.

ohreally
12-26-2014, 07:13 PM

So the Knicka could wind up with two firsts and two bodies for Dally and Shump or two bodies, one first, Waiters and Kyrie for Shump, JR., Jose, and Dally?

That's awfully good for a team that needs to turn everything over and start again.

DoMeFavors
12-26-2014, 07:51 PM
You love to bash knicks players. Do me a favor and look at your team's roster and and their picks/cap situation. Dont throw stones if you live in a glass house. At least Knicks fans have something to look foward to in the future.

Nets and me are irrelevant right now to this topic, who cares about them? You cant just respond to what I said in a logical way?

lamzoka
12-26-2014, 08:58 PM
Nets and me are irrelevant right now to this topic, who cares about them? You cant just respond to what I said in a logical way?

**** being logical. I'm telling you what it is.
You poke fun at the Knicks every chance you get, while your team is in a worst predicament than we are.

If you wanna be logical about this thread, then why don't you just pick a Knick that you think can help your team, like everyone else did.

DoMeFavors
12-26-2014, 09:10 PM
**** being logical. I'm telling you what it is.
You poke fun at the Knicks every chance you get, while your team is in a worst predicament than we are.

If you wanna be logical about this thread, then why don't you just pick a Knick that you think can help your team, like everyone else did.
Melo and Hardaway why are you defending your team so much? These players that you are so offended I said they don't want are on the worst team in the NBA not one of the worst...THEE worst.

Miltstar
12-26-2014, 09:24 PM
I wouldn't replace one player on our roster with anyone from the Knicks

lamzoka
12-26-2014, 11:13 PM
Melo and Hardaway why are you defending your team so much? These players that you are so offended I said they don't want are on the worst team in the NBA not one of the worst...THEE worst.

The Knicks ****ing suck. Everybody and their grandma know that. They're trash. But so do 10+ other teams in the NBA including the Nets. I'm not defending the Knicks or the players, 90% of them won't be back here next season anyway. Im just tired of you bashing them every chance you get.

Seizabmc
12-26-2014, 11:18 PM
You can't judge players when the team is tanking.

blahblahyoutoo
12-26-2014, 11:20 PM

new yorkers are very sensitive. you would think because they live in the big city, they would grow thicker skin but apparently not.

either that, or they have a very short attention span and cannot stay on topic.

blahblahyoutoo
12-26-2014, 11:21 PM
You can't judge players when the team is tanking.

the worst part of it all is that they are not intentionally tanking
:(

blahblahyoutoo
12-26-2014, 11:24 PM
The Knicks ****ing suck. Everybody and their grandma know that. They're trash. But so do 10+ other teams in the NBA including the Nets. I'm not defending the Knicks or the players, 90% of them won't be back here next season anyway. Im just tired of you bashing them every chance you get.

lolbrahumad?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-30-2014, 11:05 AM
As a Bucks fan I had interests in Tim Hardaway JR on draft night. But I kinda cooled off on trade ideas for him. I'd consider Shumpert but didn't Knicks waive a team option on him so he's UFA instead? So then I wouldn't give up much since not much for bird rights unless he agreed on extension.

xxplayerxx23
12-30-2014, 11:51 AM
As a Bucks fan I had interests in Tim Hardaway JR on draft night. But I kinda cooled off on trade ideas for him. I'd consider Shumpert but didn't Knicks waive a team option on him so he's UFA instead? So then I wouldn't give up much since not much for bird rights unless he agreed on extension.

I believe he is rfa

xxplayerxx23
12-30-2014, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't replace one player on our roster with anyone from the Knicks

Melo on the raptors would make them a serious threat

GiantsSwaGG
12-30-2014, 11:59 AM
Dalembert
Shump
Calderon (for a contender)

That's pretty much it

albertajaysfan
12-30-2014, 07:16 PM
Dalembert as back up C on the Raps would be nice. Can't really figure out a deal that works salary wise though that I could see both teams agreeing on.

nycericanguy
12-30-2014, 07:50 PM
Dalembert as back up C on the Raps would be nice. Can't really figure out a deal that works salary wise though that I could see both teams agreeing on.

Tyler + Raps 2nd rounder works for Dally works.

SeoulBeatz
12-30-2014, 08:14 PM
Only Knick i think I'd be interested in is Shump but not sure what it would take.

nycericanguy
12-30-2014, 08:30 PM
Only Knick i think I'd be interested in is Shump but not sure what it would take.

A late 1st round pick this year or 2016...or if you take back JR too he's free...lol

BHF
12-30-2014, 09:05 PM
Outside of Melo i wouldnt want any Knick player on the Raps

SeoulBeatz
12-30-2014, 09:36 PM
A late 1st round pick this year or 2016...or if you take back JR too he's free...lol

done lol. we'd prob just cut him but that would be a plus for both teams.