PDA

View Full Version : It's That Time Again: Carmelo Anthony

Vampirate
12-25-2014, 02:01 PM
The criteria:

True Superstar: The cream of the crop and the most revered of players, they are no doubters who when you think of leaders to championships they come to mind.

Superstar: Leaders who have great stats and lead their teams to a lot of wins, however questions come to mind if they can win a championships as the main piece.

Franchise Player: Regarded as the building blocks of teams, these players are in between the Superstar and All Star Status as they have great stats but questions arise if they can lead a team deep into the playoffs.

All Star: Reserved for players who have great stats and can will their teams to victory but questions arise if they can lead a team to a great record let alone get deep in the playoffs.

Franchise Player (name only): Where once in the higher echelon of players however due to whatever reason their play has slipped but due to past play fans know of their names and grade them higher than their play indicates.

Star: Reserved for a player who can single handily lead their team to a victory, however these players cannot repeat this consistently during the season.

Starter: Nothing fancy here, solid player who once in a while can get star stats but not often, still won't cost the team many victories.

6th man: The line between starter and effective bench player. A talented type of player who has starter stuff but is too flawed to be used consistently during the game.

Effective Bench Player: The reserves that while not good-great all around can excell at what they do to mitigate their minuses and can sometimes look like a starter.

Bench Player: Can do what an effective bench player does but will never wow you, they can be good at times but you hope they don't give away the lead.

*** sitter: They only exist in case of injuries or absolute garbage time to soak away minutes when players of a higher caliber need rest, including bench players.

It's that time again, an installment where you grade where a player would properly rank in your mind. In today's installment we look at Carmelo Anthony.

Where do you rank him?

NYJ - NYY
12-25-2014, 02:05 PM
Every "true" superstar and "superstar" has help ... You can't solely judge wins or bringing wins for a team on their shoulders, every superstar has a great supporting cast

KnicksYanks
12-25-2014, 02:07 PM
Melo doesn't even have a legitimate starter playing with him lol

Tg11
12-25-2014, 02:07 PM
Carmelo is definitely a franchise player or someone who you can build your franchise around

ChitownSports16
12-25-2014, 02:10 PM
Melo doesn't even have a legitimate starter playing with him lol

So much for Jose being the help you guys needed... Lol

KnicksorBust
12-25-2014, 02:11 PM
I love the fact that you have descriptions for "effective bench player" as an option here.

He is somewhere in that franchise player range. The problem will always be that players on his "level" always get max'd out in FA and that forces people to compare them to the Lebrons and Durants who destroy them.

KnicksYanks
12-25-2014, 02:11 PM
So much for Jose being the help you guys needed... Lol

The knicks have no two way players so when the offense is playing well the defense stinks. Explains all the close loses.

chi-townlove1
12-25-2014, 02:15 PM
Carmelo is a superstar.

ChitownSports16
12-25-2014, 02:16 PM
The knicks have no two way players so when the offense is playing well the defense stinks. Explains all the close loses.

Weren't you guys claiming shump being the best 2 way player?

KnicksYanks
12-25-2014, 02:17 PM
Weren't you guys claiming shump being the best 2 way player?

Um well I never did the only thing he can even do on offense is shoot perimeter jump shots.

Tg11
12-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Carmelo the only way he could ever be considered a true superstar is if he wins an NBA title

DarkKnight
12-25-2014, 02:28 PM
I love the Bulls fans .... I guess now you don't want him?

Tg11
12-25-2014, 02:29 PM

I know right and the Bulls to think they could have had him

ChitownSports16
12-25-2014, 02:40 PM

Idk why you pointing us Bulls fans here. Never said anything bad about Melo. But to answer your question, Nope Ya can keep him.

Kaner
12-25-2014, 02:45 PM

Right because Bulls fans have torn him apart in this thread... 2 posted; 1 called him a superstar and the other didn't comment on Carmelo nice try doe.

Alayla
12-25-2014, 02:51 PM
Franchise Player (name only)
I feel like its taken a long time for people to peel the film off there eyes on melo ive always enjoyed the way he plays but frankly he has never been the guy people think he is Denver had a majorly talented team with or without him at the time and the Knicks overpayed for him when they got him ive seen him talked about like a clear cut top 2 player but i don't feel he has ever even passed the top 15 mark at any point in his carrer i know i will get called a hater or whatever for that but i feel on a truly competitive team Mello is a 2nd Option the only time where he had a team he could really Shine was with AI and Camby if he can get teammates of that caliber again and not be expected to be top 5 or 6 in scoring every season he will really get to spread his wings even then though he needs to start working on his defense move the ball more play within the offense and play less of his pick your posion style of ball going forward lean more heavily on his mid ranged and post game to increase the lifespan of his carrer.
All of this being said Newyork did everything right on paper.
They began with they intention of Stat being that guy for Melo to give him the support he needed and even brought in Chandler to cover up his defensive mistakes. Its just unfortunate for them Stat was not able to remain healthy

Crackadalic
12-25-2014, 03:03 PM
Troll thread of course since there is only 2 superstars in the nba

He's a borderline Franchise player but he needs more help than any star to win games

His best player this season is Jose. Thats saying a lot

Tony_Starks
12-25-2014, 03:03 PM
Everything after "star" was flat out ridiculous and haterific. Bench player? Six man? Really?....

rockets-fan
12-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Franchise player.

Say what you want, he's a franchise player, just hasn't been surrounded with the right talent.

Vampirate
12-25-2014, 03:54 PM
Everything after "star" was flat out ridiculous and haterific. Bench player? Six man? Really?....

This is the first installment, as such I will be asking the same of other players as well in the same format. Thus every single tier of player should be represented and will be presented in the same manner for other players.

Tony_Starks
12-25-2014, 04:14 PM

This is the first installment, as such I will be asking the same of other players as well in the same format. Thus every single tier of player should be represented and will be presented in the same manner for other players.

OK. Make this same thread about Lebron or KD , with the same options, and see how many people call it a troll/ bait thread....

jimm120
12-25-2014, 04:15 PM
Outside his time with the Knicks the past two seasons, he's lead his teams to the playoffs.

Unfortunately in the west, he encountered the Spurs and the Lakers in their championship runs.
and with the Knicks, he was without Billups/Amare one playoff series, without Amare/Lin/Baron Davis/Shumpert another playoff series, and JR Smith on crack in the other playoff series.

jimm120
12-25-2014, 04:16 PM
higher than an all-star definitely since he can continue to be a top 10 player since 2008 (till 2014...though he dipped in 2012 a bit).

ohreally
12-25-2014, 11:41 PM
Given the definitions, a star.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-25-2014, 11:43 PM
Carmelo is definitely a franchise player or someone who you can build your franchise around

Fuxk no he isn't. Lmao

SeoulBeatz
12-26-2014, 12:36 AM
Lol @ whoever voted D-League.

He's a franchise player IMO. He's a top 3 scorer in the league. He needs to be surrounded by defensive players and a distributing PG to succeed (as many #1 options do) but he's still an ELITE scorer. I wish he wouldn't settle for midrange pull-ups so much though. 5.4 FTA per game isn't nearly enough, he should pump and attack the rim more often to get that efficiency up.

kyubi256
12-26-2014, 12:38 AM
He's a franchise player or superstar. Definitely someone you can build your team around... But you gotta build your team around him. Not just piece guys together and hope he can carry them.

SeoulBeatz
12-26-2014, 12:45 AM
He's a franchise player or superstar. Definitely someone you can build your team around... But you gotta build your team around him. Not just piece guys together and hope he can carry them.

Yep. J.R Smith and Tim Hardaway JR. are the exact opposite type of players u need to have around Melo.

Iman Shumpert was playing great in the first month of the season but went ice cold before his injury, I think the Knicks should hold onto him though because he's a 2-way player that can coexist with Melo. Everyone else can go IMO.

HoopsDrive
12-26-2014, 01:16 AM
Either all-star or name only franchise player but I voted all-star. I wouldn't want my team to build around him as the main piece unless he got the kind of help that Pierce got in KG and Ray and that's really tough to do.

He's a terrific scorer and he's got name value. Having him would help sell tickets so at least there's that. Under the right circumstances I can see him leading a team to a championship but I think he'd need a lot of help.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-26-2014, 04:39 AM
I still voted superstar but I'm starting to think that Melo is not what people think he is.

31 games and only 5 wins!!!! Has this ever happened with a superstar in such a weak conference?

Jamiecballer
12-26-2014, 07:06 PM
All Star.

JordansBulls
12-26-2014, 09:39 PM
Melo is a true superstar we are talking about someone who is arguably the best player in the 2003 draft class.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-27-2014, 02:23 AM
Melo is a true superstar we are talking about someone who is arguably the best player in the 2003 draft class.

lmfao

alexander_37
12-27-2014, 11:26 AM
Why do you have 6 levels of star.... and why has no one called him out on this...

He is a dude who scores a lot and does virtually nothing else. He is a good player but not someone you can build a championship team around.

Sly Guy
12-27-2014, 11:30 AM
I'll admit, melo's alone out there. But if you wanna be a superstar, I want to see more than this. I mean, LeBron dragged a terrible cavs team to the final on his back alone. No melo's not as young as that anymore, but I'm not seeing any signs of life from the knicks team either

PhillyFaninLA
12-27-2014, 11:45 AM
Huge offensive talent, borderline hall of famer.....to arrogant, self serving, and me guy with no true work ethic, desire, or defense to ever be on a team that wins a title, kind of like Karl Malone.

Even a stacked Lakers team lost with him.

nycericanguy
12-27-2014, 01:20 PM
I still voted superstar but I'm starting to think that Melo is not what people think he is.

31 games and only 5 wins!!!! Has this ever happened with a superstar in such a weak conference?

Wade - 15 wins 2008.

Durant's teams were awful his first few years.

Lebron too.

Pierce's celtics were awful

its happened alot.

Not really fair to judge Melo by this year, 9 of his teammates are expirings and know they are gone after this year... there is no TEAM this year.

Heck even Calderon who was supposed to be a big piece and only missed 1 game last year in DAL, immediately missed the first 15 games... and then he gets back and Melo misses the next 3. So it was like 20 games in before melo & JC even played together.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-27-2014, 01:45 PM
Wade - 15 wins 2008.

Lebron too.

its happened alot.

Not really fair to judge Melo by this year, 9 of his teammates are expirings and know they are gone after this year... there is no TEAM this year.

Heck even Calderon who was supposed to be a big piece and only missed 1 game last year in DAL, immediately missed the first 15 games... and then he gets back and Melo misses the next 3. So it was like 20 games in before melo & JC even played together.

NY has the most losses in the league!!!

Idk how many excuses you could make to defend him? probably a few hundred more
This superstar cant even get an 8th seed in a weak conference. The same old teammates excuse the past 4 years since he has been a knick smh.

I give him one more season after this. If Knicks still suck then...good luck with that contract.

nycericanguy
12-27-2014, 01:49 PM
NY has the most losses in the league!!!

Idk how many excuses you could make to defend him? probably a few hundred more
This superstar cant even get an 8th seed in a weak conference. The same old teammates excuse the past 4 years since he has been a knick smh.

I give him one more season after this. If Knicks still suck then...good luck with that contract.

you asked if it ever happened, I answered and then you get mad?...lol wth?

Not sure what you mean by he cant get an 8th seed... pretty sure NY was in the playoffs every year before last year.

NY winning % since Melo trade

2011 - 51%
2012 - 55%
2013 - 66%

seems like youre biased or have an agenda I guess...

Knicks roster is trash this year and everyone knows they wont be here next year... it is what it is...

Last year they had the worst backcourt production in the league, Felton was starting when he shouldn't even be in the league anymore... and DAL apparently agrees.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-27-2014, 02:31 PM

Not sure what you mean by he cant get an 8th seed... pretty sure NY was in the playoffs every year before last year.

2011 - 51%
2012 - 55%
2013 - 66%

seems like youre biased or have an agenda I guess...

Knicks roster is trash this year and everyone knows they wont be here next year... it is what it is...

Last year they had the worst backcourt production in the league, Felton was starting when he shouldn't even be in the league anymore... and DAL apparently agrees.

There's no point in arguing with you. The simple fact that Knicks have the most losses in the league, more than the Sixers is telling us the truth.

Fans want results but time is running out in NY.

jericho
12-27-2014, 03:01 PM
Wade - 15 wins 2008.

Lebron too.

its happened alot.

Wade - Thats the reason i dont put him to high
Durant - Didnt develop into the player that we all know until his second or 3rd year. Dont really remember. Still that wasnt in the weak east it was in the strong west.
Lebron - It was his rookie year. he hasnt missed the playoffs ever since
Pierce - To me has always been overrated

See i can make excuses for those players 2.

nycericanguy
12-27-2014, 03:03 PM
Wade - Thats the reason i dont put him to high
Durant - Didnt develop into the player that we all know until his second or 3rd year. Dont really remember. Still that wasnt in the weak east it was in the strong west.
Lebron - It was his rookie year. he hasnt missed the playoffs ever since
Pierce - To me has always been overrated

See i can make excuses for those players 2.

yea?... not sure what you're trying to get at... stars can be on bad teams... and have been before... was just throwing some names off the top of my head... i'm sure there have been many more.

nycericanguy
12-27-2014, 03:06 PM
There's no point in arguing with you. The simple fact that Knicks have the most losses in the league, more than the Sixers is telling us the truth.

Fans want results but time is running out in NY.

arguing about what? u ok man?...lol. You asked a question and i answered it. the knicks stink this year... no ones making excuses. they've been bad... period. right now not a single player on that roster looks like a legit starter... what else? what else do you want ppl to say?...lol.

most Fans in NY are down for tanking this year... no point in trying to get an 8th seed when 90% of this roster wont be here next year. get a top pick + Melo + Calderon + young cheap guys like THJR, Early, Acy...etc.. and the 30-35m in cap space and blow it up!

LAKERS4LIFE!!
12-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Carmelo will never win a championship if he is the leader of a team. That's why he should've went to the Bulls so all he had to do was score while Drose, Jimmy butler, and Joakim Noah play defense and act as leaders of the team.

jericho
12-27-2014, 04:00 PM
yea?... not sure what you're trying to get at... stars can be on bad teams... and have been before... was just throwing some names off the top of my head... i'm sure there have been many more.

What im trying to get at is that you are using those players as excuses for Melo. The only ones you can really use out of the ones that you mentioned are Wade and Pierce. Lebron and Durant were rookies when that happen and once they reached their potential they havent missed the playoffs with one of them playing in the competitive western conference. Melo in his prime missed the playoffs 1yr and looks like he will miss it for a 2nd yr straight.

nycericanguy
12-27-2014, 04:18 PM
What im trying to get at is that you are using those players as excuses for Melo. The only ones you can really use out of the ones that you mentioned are Wade and Pierce. Lebron and Durant were rookies when that happen and once they reached their potential they havent missed the playoffs with one of them playing in the competitive western conference. Melo in his prime missed the playoffs 1yr and looks like he will miss it for a 2nd yr straight.

durant's 2nd year in the league he averaged 27/7/3 and OKC went 23-59.

It wasnt til his 3rd year that OKC had a winning record which happened to be the year they got Harden & Ibaka as well.

Don't think it's really an excuse, I was just answering the guys question. tons of stars have been on bad teams before... heck didn't Dirk miss the playoffs after winning his ring?

Should the Knicks be as bad as they are? Probably not... but again, you have a team of guys that know they aren't in the plans and will be gone next year... it;s a tough situation.

Don't think you can really put it on Melo for missing the playoffs 2 out of 12 years. it happens.

Now if he gets legit starters next year... and I don't mean stars, I mean just legit starters at least... and still can't have a good record.. then you gotta start looking at him as part of the problem.

GodsSon
12-27-2014, 04:32 PM
Carmelo is a very talented scorer, but he's not a superstar. Based off of that list he's an All-Star and nothing more.

He might just be the most over-rated player in the L imo.

jericho
12-27-2014, 04:37 PM
durant's 2nd year in the league he averaged 27/7/3 and OKC went 23-59.

It wasnt til his 3rd year that OKC had a winning record which happened to be the year they got Harden & Ibaka as well.

Don't think it's really an excuse, I was just answering the guys question. tons of stars have been on bad teams before... heck didn't Dirk miss the playoffs after winning his ring?

Should the Knicks be as bad as they are? Probably not... but again, you have a team of guys that know they aren't in the plans and will be gone next year... it;s a tough situation.

Don't think you can really put it on Melo for missing the playoffs 2 out of 12 years. it happens.

Now if he gets legit starters next year... and I don't mean stars, I mean just legit starters at least... and still can't have a good record.. then you gotta start looking at him as part of the problem.

Reading comprehension is a good thing to have. I said once they reached their potential.

It is an excuse and im replying to your excuse with another excuse. Yes stars have missed the playoffs before but the really good ones havent missed the playoffs while in their prime yet. Ex: Durant, Lebron, Duncan, Shaq, Jordan.

nycericanguy
12-27-2014, 04:43 PM
Reading comprehension is a good thing to have. I said once they reached their potential.

It is an excuse and im replying to your excuse with another excuse. Yes stars have missed the playoffs before but the really good ones havent missed the playoffs while in their prime yet. Ex: Durant, Lebron, Duncan, Shaq, Jordan.

Durant 27/7/3 was pretty damn near his potential.

And you just named 5 of the best players the league has ever seen.

People are holding Melo to insane standards.

Like I said plenty of stars have missed the playoffs even in their primes. Wade, Pierce, Love, KG,... just off the top of my head. Melo shouldn't be compared to the 5 guys you just listed, those are all time greats, once in a generation type talents. But even Jordan missed the playoffs until he got help.

KnickNyKnick
12-27-2014, 05:49 PM

You forget to mention the multiple stars those players had as teammates. Players who could pick up the slack when the stars were off game. Knicks are rebuilding no other excuse for the losing season.

You would really want your franchise to throw away a TOP draft pick going into next year with so much cap in exchange for a 1st rd playoff exit? sorry but i think Phil Jackson is thinking Logically on this one. Patience.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-27-2014, 06:04 PM
You forget to mention the multiple stars those players had as teammates. Players who could pick up the slack when the stars were off game. Knicks are rebuilding no other excuse for the losing season.

You would really want your franchise to throw away a TOP draft pick going into next year with so much cap in exchange for a 1st rd playoff exit? sorry but i think Phil Jackson is thinking Logically on this one. Patience.

Phil's plan A was to make the playoffs

jericho
12-27-2014, 06:13 PM

Who did Lebron had with the Cavs? Anyways no I don't want the Knicks to risk the shot at getting a lower pick. What I want is for the Knicks to actually trade Melo get multiple picks and young players and build for the future. This year is a waste next year is for chemistry building. And that's with us not knowing who we gonna get. After that would be our only shot at a ship if we actually get good players to come and sign with the Knicks. So you are actually expecting us to compete for a title with a 33yr old Melo. I'm sorry for not getting my hopes high. I just really can't. We should trade Melo get value for him and accelerate the rebuilding process with the pieces we get from the trade. You know all the pieces we could get by trading our expiring a instead of getting the cap space? What good is the cap space if we can't use it to get good players?

jericho
12-27-2014, 06:18 PM

Durant 27/7/3 was pretty damn near his potential.

And you just named 5 of the best players the league has ever seen.

People are holding Melo to insane standards.

Like I said plenty of stars have missed the playoffs even in their primes. Wade, Pierce, Love, KG,... just off the top of my head. Melo shouldn't be compared to the 5 guys you just listed, those are all time greats, once in a generation type talents. But even Jordan missed the playoffs until he got help.

Using Love and KG is a bad example again. They played in the West. Jordan didn't miss the playoffs while he was with the Bulls. He missed the playoffs when he was with the Wizards and way past his prime.

jericho
12-27-2014, 06:25 PM
And I hold Melo to insane standards because Melo fans (not Knicks fans) think he is one of the top 3 to 5 players in the league. They think he can't do no wrong and it's always everybody's fault except from him. Even he ballhogs the excuse then becomes he has nobody to pass it to. Like I have said plenty of times before. Melo for somebody that is regarded as the player with the most complete offense in the game mostly settles for jump shots. Show me that arsenal that he has. That array of moves that he can do. Where is all that stuff? Then he is a below average defender. Good rebounder I'll give him that. But for the love of God he can't play within the system at all. If he ain't playing hero ball he can't play. Anyways I'm done with my lil rant.

nycericanguy
12-27-2014, 06:26 PM
Using Love and KG is a bad example again. They played in the West. Jordan didn't miss the playoffs while he was with the Bulls. He missed the playoffs when he was with the Wizards and way past his prime.

dude you talk about excuses then you make excuses for everyone but Melo... Love's teams won like 25% of their games... Melo's teams out west won 60% of their games.

Whats the excuse for prime Wade winning 15 games? For Pierce? For prime Carter? basically everyone else is ok but Melo has to be held to an ungodly standard?

Again you bring up what Lebron had in CLE... first he had much more talent, but even if he didnt, he's lebron freakin james, he's probably the only player in the league that could have taken that team that far... it's like you're trying to diss Melo, but then you're kind of complimenting him when you keep comparing him to not just superstars, but ALL TIME greats... Melo simply isn't at that level

and very few Knick fans think Melo is a top 3-5 player... he's borderline top 10... and i think thats the general consensus.

jericho
12-27-2014, 06:40 PM

dude you talk about excuses then you make excuses for everyone but Melo... Love's teams won like 25% of their games... Melo's teams out west won 60% of their games.

Whats the excuse for prime Wade winning 15 games? For Pierce? For prime Carter? basically everyone else is ok but Melo has to be held to an ungodly standard?

Again you bring up what Lebron had in CLE... first he had much more talent, but even if he didnt, he's lebron freakin james, he's probably the only player in the league that could have taken that team that far... it's like you're trying to diss Melo, but then you're kind of complimenting him when you keep comparing him to not just superstars, but ALL TIME greats... Melo simply isn't at that level

and very few Knick fans think Melo is a top 3-5 player... he's borderline top 10... and i think thats the general consensus.

Yup Melo did good on the west but now he is on the east and the team is greatly underachieving. So that Love Melo comparison east and west is a moot point. If you read my posts before you would remember that I was ok with the Wade and Pierce comparison. Hell I'm even good with Carter. I just disagreed with Lebron and Durant

Crackadalic
12-27-2014, 07:48 PM
Melo is a top 12-15 player that can't uplift his teammates. Idk why we can't just accept that and move on

He had his chance to be top 5 but failed. He is who he is. A great scorer that needs a ton of help to succeed

If you can't build around Melo then just build with him with great players

Dude need to get his knee surgery cause his defense looks worse then normal

KnickNyKnick
12-27-2014, 08:06 PM
it is what it is, im a melo fan and i honestly feel he deserves another chance with another real roster like we had at the start of the 12-13 season.

Had players like k.THomas & R.Wallace stayed healthy i think we make the ECF that year. So a team with melo as the center piece can work IMO.

We really dont have to sign a max player next season unless its gasol. We can bring in 2/3 solid players plus vets which is what we lack right now, and compete.

Im for bringing in vets if we strike out on stars. Similar to when we brought in J.kidd, wallace etc. it can work, im confident Jackson will bring in the players to make it work aswell.

Its a win/win anyway, if things dont look promising in the next 2 seasons, then yeh melo can give us value in a trade for picks.

And ofcourse P.Jackson going to say we're a playoff team this year, what kind of morale would he set by saying, "ah well this season dosnt really count, none of these guys will be on the roster next year anyway.." it may be the truth of it all but what a great way to kick off your first season as GM/President had he said we're a lotto team this year sorry guys.. nice value that gives for our players for trades. Even though they maybe proving to be untradable regardless

jericho
12-27-2014, 08:18 PM
it is what it is, im a melo fan and i honestly feel he deserves another chance with another real roster like we had at the start of the 12-13 season.

Had players like k.THomas & R.Wallace stayed healthy i think we make the ECF that year. So a team with melo as the center piece can work IMO.

We really dont have to sign a max player next season unless its gasol. We can bring in 2/3 solid players plus vets which is what we lack right now, and compete.

Im for bringing in vets if we strike out on stars. Similar to when we brought in J.kidd, wallace etc. it can work, im confident Jackson will bring in the players to make it work aswell.

Its a win/win anyway, if things dont look promising in the next 2 seasons, then yeh melo can give us value in a trade for picks.

And ofcourse P.Jackson going to say we're a playoff team this year, what kind of morale would he set by saying, "ah well this season dosnt really count, none of these guys will be on the roster next year anyway.." it may be the truth of it all but what a great way to kick off your first season as GM had he said we're a lotto team.

In 2 seasons Melo trade value will decrease a lot. He will be older with a contract that nobody would want to trade for.

nycericanguy
12-27-2014, 09:05 PM
Melo is a top 12-15 player that can't uplift his teammates. Idk why we can't just accept that and move on

He had his chance to be top 5 but failed. He is who he is. A great scorer that needs a ton of help to succeed

If you can't build around Melo then just build with him with great players

Dude need to get his knee surgery cause his defense looks worse then normal

agreed on the first bold, seems PSD wants to bash Melo every year for not being Lebron or Durant... standard is too high.

Though on your second bold I'm not so sure... we've never seen him with even ONE legit star in his prime yet... maybe that's all he will need. Guys like Lebron, Wade, Durant, CP3 have had freakin all star teams around them.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-27-2014, 10:15 PM
Lol why is there 2 superstar options?

Vampirate
12-27-2014, 10:20 PM
Lol why is there 2 superstar options?

Think about it as a Michael Jordan vs John Stockton comparison, they are both amazing Hof players but one is in a tier above the other. That's a drastic view but it'll give you an idea of where I went with it.

Jamiecballer
12-27-2014, 10:23 PM
agreed on the first bold, seems PSD wants to bash Melo every year for not being Lebron or Durant... standard is too high.

Though on your second bold I'm not so sure... we've never seen him with even ONE legit star in his prime yet... maybe that's all he will need. Guys like Lebron, Wade, Durant, CP3 have had freakin all star teams around them.

think about the kind of players the guys you mentioned are. players that actually play the game like it's a team game and not a game of horse. no coincidence players aren't lining up to play with Carmelo.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-27-2014, 10:24 PM
Think about it as a Michael Jordan vs John Stockton comparison, they are both amazing Hof players but one is in a tier above the other. That's a drastic view but it'll give you an idea of where I went with it.

You probably broke it down too much.I would have gone superstar, star, and so forth.

Vampirate
12-27-2014, 10:26 PM
You probably broke it down too much.I would have gone superstar, star, and so forth.

I really do think there is a notch above Superstar but maybe that's just me.

DillyDill
12-27-2014, 10:28 PM
Superstar and future Hall of Famer, he just needs help badly

jimm120
12-27-2014, 11:02 PM

2011 - 51%
2012 - 55%
2013 - 66%

seems like youre biased or have an agenda I guess....

Oh snap!

Those numbers.

-That said, People are too easily forgetting that he went to the playoffs from the 1st season he was in the league.

-The Nuggets were a lottery team...bottom 5 team...and he immediately took them to the playoffs.

-His teams went to the playoffs from 2003-2013

-2013-14 team missed the playoffs by 1 game, and that was with Woodson switching defense and JR Smith playing like crap.

-He has been a top 10 player since 2008

-His defense is average overall. his off the ball defense is where he falters.

-He rebounds. He is NOT 1 dimensional.

Sorry, but not even Lebron had as much success at the start. Lebron (he IS a top 2 player and has been top 4 since 2005) did lead his crappy team to the finals, but that's Lebron. He is a huge talent. You just CAN"T compare a talent against Lebron. Look at the Heat. Losing record this season by replacing LeBron with Deng and McRoberts (two good players, but shows the gulf of talent between those two good players and Lebron).

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-28-2014, 04:50 AM
-The Nuggets were a lottery team...bottom 5 team...and he immediately took them to the playoffs.

Melo took them to the playoffs? :laugh2:

Melo was 4th in WS on his own team in his rookie season.

2002 Denver team was absolute trash. They had Nene and Camby. Camby only played 29 games.

2003 everyone was healthy and they signed A.Miller. Who also lead Denver in WS and PER.

jericho
12-28-2014, 08:42 AM
Oh snap!

Those numbers.

-That said, People are too easily forgetting that he went to the playoffs from the 1st season he was in the league.

-His teams went to the playoffs from 2003-2013

-2013-14 team missed the playoffs by 1 game, and that was with Woodson switching defense and JR Smith playing like crap.

-He has been a top 10 player since 2008

-His defense is average overall. his off the ball defense is where he falters.

-He rebounds. He is NOT 1 dimensional.

Sorry, but not even Lebron had as much success at the start. Lebron (he IS a top 2 player and has been top 4 since 2005) did lead his crappy team to the finals, but that's Lebron. He is a huge talent. You just CAN"T compare a talent against Lebron. Look at the Heat. Losing record this season by replacing LeBron with Deng and McRoberts (two good players, but shows the gulf of talent between those two good players and Lebron).

No snap at all. Lets stop living in the past and live in the now instead.

TheNumber37
12-28-2014, 03:17 PM

Exactly. The conference is Weak. That includes his team.

alexander_37
12-28-2014, 11:34 PM
I never said he wasn't a hall of famer he just cant carry or lead a championship team unless he had an amazing supporting cast. His raw numbers make him a hof lock.

blahblahyoutoo
12-30-2014, 10:26 PM
Troll thread of course since there is only 2 superstars in the nba

He's a borderline Franchise player but he needs more help than any star to win games

His best player this season is Jose. Thats saying a lot

there are 4, maybe 5, superstars.