PDA

View Full Version : Shots Fired: Nick Young says Kobe-less Lakers like Django Unchained: "We're free".

JasonJohnHorn
12-24-2014, 07:48 PM
This was interesting.... I expect Young to be on the trading bock soon ;-) lol

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/nick-young-compares-the-kobe-less-lakers-to--django-unchained--and--driving-miss-daisy-165402562.html

I can't believe that guy get Iggy.... lucky dude.

Tony_Starks
12-24-2014, 07:52 PM
Kobe drives in the carpool lane by himself....

cmellofan15
12-24-2014, 08:18 PM
fair enough. Kobe calls out the team for effort, the team calls out Kobe for sucking.

Jamiecballer
12-24-2014, 08:23 PM
This is going to be a really sad ending to a noteworthy career.

RLundi
12-24-2014, 08:31 PM

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/nick-young-compares-the-kobe-less-lakers-to--django-unchained--and--driving-miss-daisy-165402562.html

I can't believe that guy get Iggy.... lucky dude .

I've personally never understood the hype: I don't consider Andre Iguodala the least bit attractive.

KINGOFSPORTS
12-24-2014, 09:00 PM
Nick Young is a terrible human being

Teeboy1487
12-24-2014, 09:32 PM
:guns:

Crackadalic
12-24-2014, 09:41 PM
Thats why Swaggy P is my favorite player in the nba

“Pretty much going to have to tell Kobe to pass me the ball, pass us the ball,” Young said. “Tell him to take the backseat for a little bit. He can be ‘Driving Miss Daisy’ and I can be Miss Daisy and drive.”

curtcocaine
12-24-2014, 09:41 PM
I've personally never understood the hype: I don't consider Andre Iguodala the least bit attractive.
What nba players do you find attractive? ??

KINGOFSPORTS
12-24-2014, 09:51 PM
I've never hated a player in sports like I hate Nick Young.

He reminds me of Dwight Howard because of his non stop fake smiling (despite being on a terrible losing team), his selfishness, and his tendency to blame everyone else but himself.

Last season he played his hardest to win a game vs Utah - despite the fact that the Lakers needed to lose the game to get a better draft pick...

I hope i speak for the majority of Lakers fans when I say shut up Nick Young and stop bashing an all time great. He can barely get a contract yet thinks he has the position to criticize Kobe.

And no - nobody cares about your ugly GF and most of us wish the radio would stop playing her terrible music.

Merry Xmas!

Crackadalic
12-24-2014, 09:55 PM

He reminds me of Dwight Howard because of his non stop fake smiling (despite being on a terrible losing team), his selfishness, and his tendency to blame everyone else but himself.

Last season he played his hardest to win a game vs Utah - despite the fact that the Lakers needed to lose the game to get a better draft pick...

I hope i speak for the majority of Lakers fans when I say shut up Nick Young and stop bashing an all time great. He can barely get a contract yet thinks he has the position to criticize Kobe.

And no - nobody cares about your ugly GF and most of us wish the radio would stop playing her terrible music.

Merry Xmas!

Yes lets bash someone for playing hard in an nba game

Nothing he said was wrong. CURRENT kobe sucks. He puts up more shots than anyone in the nba. His defense is rank last among all qualified shooting guards

And I'm a Big Kobe fan but facts are facts. Dude is hurting the team and ironically that might help the lakers get a high draft pick. Keep on chucking away Mr. Bean Bryant!!

DemarDerozan
12-24-2014, 09:57 PM

Merry Xmas!

This. Nick Young is going to get a plane ticket to Philadelphia in his stocking.

KINGOFSPORTS
12-24-2014, 10:04 PM
Yes lets bash someone for playing hard in an nba game

Nothing he said was wrong. CURRENT kobe sucks. He puts up more shots than anyone in the nba. His defense is rank last among all qualified shooting guards

And I'm a Big Kobe fan but facts are facts. Dude is hurting the team and ironically that might help the lakers get a high draft pick. Keep on chucking away Mr. Bean Bryant!!

Just to update you here -

1. The Lakers have a protected 1st round pick this year. They HAVE to finish in the bottom 5 or else Phoenix gets it.

2. Nick Young doesn't sell tickets, Kobe does. That's why Kobe shoots a lot - people pay to see that and gets the Lakers on national TV.

3. I'd rather see the Lakers lose than win this year - That being the case, Shoot Away Kobe!!

By the way, you talk about defense - how much defense does Nick Young play??? NONE!

This idiot Nick Young actually thinks the Lakers want to win this year and thats his main problem

If you like Nick Young so much then take him on your team because he is probably one of my least favorite people on the planet right now

cssdmark
12-24-2014, 10:14 PM
What nba players do you find attractive? ??
Mutumbo his accent

curtcocaine
12-24-2014, 10:15 PM
Mutumbo his accent
I love Yao's.

cssdmark
12-24-2014, 10:17 PM

1. The Lakers have a protected 1st round pick this year. They HAVE to finish in the bottom 5 or else Phoenix gets it.

2. Nick Young doesn't sell tickets, Kobe does. That's why Kobe shoots a lot - people pay to see that and gets the Lakers on national TV.

3. I'd rather see the Lakers lose than win this year - That being the case, Shoot Away Kobe!!

By the way, you talk about defense - how much defense does Nick Young play??? NONE!

This idiot Nick Young actually thinks the Lakers want to win this year and thats his main problem

If you like Nick Young so much then take him on your team because he is probably one of my least favorite people on the planet right now
Damnnnnnnnnn, I know his girl is ugly but you do not need to hate like that.

bucketss
12-24-2014, 11:19 PM
it must frustrating to watch kobe jack up 30 shots(make only 8) and than have him criticize you, calling you soft and stuff

KnicksorBust
12-24-2014, 11:28 PM
This made me go from not liking Nick Young at all to liking him slightly more than not at all. I am one of the biggest Kobe supporters on this site. I think he is a top 6 GOAT but somebody needs to check him. He is killing the Lakers this season.

KINGOFSPORTS
12-24-2014, 11:48 PM
This made me go from not liking Nick Young at all to liking him slightly more than not at all. I am one of the biggest Kobe supporters on this site. I think he is a top 6 GOAT but somebody needs to check him. He is killing the Lakers this season.

Are you implying that the Lakers would be good if Kobe didnt shoot as much???

The thinking of some people simply amazes me

kingsdelez24
12-25-2014, 12:17 AM

No, he's implying the Lakers would be a lot better if Kobe instilled more confidence in his teammates by him shooting less and by involving them more.

I don't care if you're Kobe or Juwana Mann, if you're putting up that many bad shots while shooting such a bad percentage at them, you should take it as a sign that you have to change things up

Jeffy25
12-25-2014, 12:20 AM
It's not like Young was particularly good in the game Kobe sat out

KINGOFSPORTS
12-25-2014, 12:48 AM
No, he's implying the Lakers would be a lot better if Kobe instilled more confidence in his teammates by him shooting less and by involving them more.

I don't care if you're Kobe or Juwana Mann, if you're putting up that many bad shots while shooting such a bad percentage at them, you should take it as a sign that you have to change things up

it doesn't matter because the Lakers aren't a playoff team and have no talent really worth developing

goingfor28
12-25-2014, 12:55 AM
fair enough. Kobe calls out the team for effort, the team calls out Kobe for sucking.
This

JasonJohnHorn
12-25-2014, 12:58 AM
it doesn't matter because the Lakers aren't a playoff team and have no talent really worth developing

This is true... but at the same time, you can't expect a player to go out there and play bad to help the team lose and get a high draft pick. If the Lakers organization wants to lose, they need to put out a bad roster. They got Jordan Hill and Boozer's expiring... those are tradable pieces. They can get picks for those guys. Move them, and then your team will be bad enough to finish in the bottom five.

As a fan of the game, you should be disgusted with players who go out to lose, even if you can understand why your team's management might forfeit a season to create a long-term advantage.

Avenged
12-25-2014, 01:04 AM
"SHOTS FIRED" lmao if that's shots fired that's weak

ghettosean
12-25-2014, 01:08 AM

You're right he is kind of a butter face!

KINGOFSPORTS
12-25-2014, 01:09 AM
This is true... but at the same time, you can't expect a player to go out there and play bad to help the team lose and get a high draft pick. If the Lakers organization wants to lose, they need to put out a bad roster. They got Jordan Hill and Boozer's expiring... those are tradable pieces. They can get picks for those guys. Move them, and then your team will be bad enough to finish in the bottom five.

As a fan of the game, you should be disgusted with players who go out to lose, even if you can understand why your team's management might forfeit a season to create a long-term advantage.

I understand your point. But there is something about Nick Youngs personality that is very off putting. He isn't a superstar - not even close. Yet he acts like he is and even speaks out against an all time great like Kobe.

No, I agree that no player should want to lose...

But for gosh sake - last season the Lakers were drifting between the 4th and 7th pick at the end of the season - not a playoff birth.

Anyone that has an ounce of intelligence knows that there is absolutely no upside for the Lakers to win one of the final 2 games against Utah

YET Nick went out there and played like it was the NBA finals at celebrated like they won it after playing a contest to see which team will lose. Getting your points and stats for a new contract is one thing, but looking for victories on a team where they hurt the franchise not only selfish but idiotic.

But hey, according to Nick Young, it's all Kobes fault that they're a bad team...

give me a break

Bostonjorge
12-25-2014, 01:17 AM
Good nick. I can see Kobe dropping 40 points on Christmas now to show who LA belongs to.

Mell413
12-25-2014, 01:18 AM
Am I reading this right that someone is actually blaming Nick Young for wanting to win a game last year? I understand fans wanting their team to lose to get a better pick, but no player should feel that way. Why should he tank? It's possible the pick ends up replacing him.

KINGOFSPORTS
12-25-2014, 01:23 AM
Am I reading this right that someone is actually blaming Nick Young for wanting to win a game last year? I understand fans wanting their team to lose to get a better pick, but no player should feel that way. Why should he tank? It's possible the pick ends up replacing him.

I wish your team signed Nick Young so you could experience his all time greatness and not us

Miltstar
12-25-2014, 02:09 AM
Swaggy P >>> Kobe B

Crackadalic
12-25-2014, 02:21 AM

I'm well aware of point on hence my chuck away statement

Yes we all know Kobe sells tickets and not Nick Young. Don't know why you brought that up

Also to be fair there isn't a lot of sg's this year that is even playing any type of good defense. Nick Young is just better than kobe on that end. Its like comparing who sucks more

It's the players job to win in this league. If management wanted to lose why resign young, why get lin, why get boozer. Yes there not good enough anyway but they have been in this league long enough to know that their job is to win games. They should have done the Philly route and just let everyone go

And I like Nick because the dude is entertaining to me lol. Too many guys want to be the kiss *** media whip boys so its funny how he's a bit out there

KINGOFSPORTS
12-25-2014, 02:35 AM
I'm well aware of point on hence my chuck away statement

Yes we all know Kobe sells tickets and not Nick Young. Don't know why you brought that up

Also to be fair there isn't a lot of sg's this year that is even playing any type of good defense. Nick Young is just better than kobe on that end. Its like comparing who sucks more

It's the players job to win in this league. If management wanted to lose why resign young, why get lin, why get boozer. Yes there not good enough anyway but they have been in this league long enough to know that their job is to win games. They should have done the Philly route and just let everyone go

And I like Nick because the dude is entertaining to me lol. Too many guys want to be the kiss *** media whip boys so its funny how he's a bit out there

like I said, I wish he was on your team since you like him so much.

Nick Young is garbage

SeoulBeatz
12-25-2014, 02:39 AM
I understand your point. But there is something about Nick Youngs personality that is very off putting. He isn't a superstar - not even close. Yet he acts like he is and even speaks out against an all time great like Kobe.

Really? He's the most easy-going/laid-back player in the NBA. Love his post game interviews. Sure he's cocky, but you have to realize he says/does a lot of stuff in jest.

I judged him before he came to the Sixers but then I read about the **** that he went through growing up (having his older brother killed by crips), and now I understand why he's so positive and light-hearted all the time.

I can't comprehend how anyone could hate on the guy.

KINGOFSPORTS
12-25-2014, 02:41 AM
Really? He's the most easy-going/laid-back player in the NBA. Love his post game interviews. Sure he's cocky, but you have to realize he says/does a lot of stuff in jest.

I judged him before he came to the Sixers but then I read about the **** that he went through growing up (having his older brother killed by crips), and now I understand why he's so positive and light-hearted all the time.

I don't wish anyone a bad or hard life here.

I just don't appreciate the forced smiles and laughter during one of the darkest times in Lakers history.

I have no interest in seeing this team win another single game.

Tony_Starks
12-25-2014, 02:44 AM
I have no problem with Swaggy P. Seems to be one of the few players besides Kobe that actually gives a damn about winning or losing. He seems to have Kobe's respect as well since he will actually go at him in practice and games, as opposed to say somebody like Lin who is more passive aggressive and just gives out subliminals...

When he says guys are playing "free" he's definitely talking about the other players because he has no problem getting buckets.

KINGOFSPORTS
12-25-2014, 02:49 AM
I have no problem with Swaggy P. Seems to be one of the few players besides Kobe that actually gives a damn about winning or losing. He seems to have Kobe's respect as well since he will actually go at him in practice and games, as opposed to say somebody like Lin who is more passive aggressive and just gives out subliminals...

When he says guys are playing "free" he's definitely talking about the other players because he has no problem getting buckets.

Yet Nick Young has never been on a winning team.

The reason is that his style of play isn't conducive to winning

He is a 41% shooting chuck artist that plays no defense.

He will never be on a winning team with that style.

cahawk
12-25-2014, 02:53 AM
It's great a laker player spoke up but it is the coach with the backing of the GM & owner that must speak up and reign kobe in. They have always been afraid because kobe is a cash cow, but if they are thinking of Laker franchise and future won't they have to reign kobe in & suffer his fans response in able to grow their young players and team.

Jeffy25
12-25-2014, 02:55 AM

He was on the 11/12 clippers.

He has been on awful teams, that isn't exactly his fault. And he isn't the sole reason his teams have been bad.

Let's keep it real here. You don't have to like the guy, but he isn't dragging his teams down with anything here.

jerellh528
12-25-2014, 03:12 AM

Yup, nick young has a very high like-ability as far as athletes are concerned.

KINGOFSPORTS
12-25-2014, 03:13 AM
He was on the 11/12 clippers.

He has been on awful teams, that isn't exactly his fault. And he isn't the sole reason his teams have been bad.

Let's keep it real here. You don't have to like the guy, but he isn't dragging his teams down with anything here.

Thats your opinion.

In my opinion he isn't a winning player. A winning player has a good defensive game and doesn't give himself nicknames.

Nick Young will never be on a winning team. By winning I mean a championship team

Ariza's Better
12-25-2014, 03:21 AM
It was easly the weirdest reasons I've ever read for hating a player. It's amazing. None of his posts make sense.

Jeffy25
12-25-2014, 03:22 AM
Thats your opinion.

In my opinion he isn't a winning player. A winning player has a good defensive game and doesn't give himself nicknames.

Nick Young will never be on a winning team. By winning I mean a championship team

Most players that come through the NBA will never win a chip, so your assumption is probably pretty safe.

And plenty of guys have won chips while being poor shooters with poor defense.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-25-2014, 03:39 AM

Merry Xmas!

Plus one

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-25-2014, 03:40 AM

Merry Xmas!

This. Nick Young is going to get a plane ticket to Philadelphia in his stocking.

Lol

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-25-2014, 03:43 AM
I like this guy King

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-25-2014, 03:45 AM
Lol Swaggy and Colby are buddies.

typical trash talk...maybe this fires light under colbys ***

Chavacano
12-25-2014, 03:51 AM
Kobe's driving the tank.

Kashmir13579
12-25-2014, 04:09 AM
(Swaq)

FOBolous
12-25-2014, 04:21 AM
it must frustrating to watch kobe jack up 30 shots(make only 8) and than have him criticize you, calling you soft and stuff

and his fans criticizing YOU even tho you are outplaying Kobe.

FOBolous
12-25-2014, 04:22 AM

so are you saying Kobe is purposely playing bad to help the Lakers lose so the Lakers can get a high pick?

cause otherwise, kobe sucks and nick young is better and kobe needs to take a backseat.

FOBolous
12-25-2014, 04:25 AM

are you defending Kobe, a 37% shooting who currently averages more shots per game than any other player in the NBA, by calling another player a "chuck artist?"

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-25-2014, 04:48 AM

are you defending Kobe, a 37% shooting who currently averages more shots per game than any other player in the NBA, by calling another player a "chuck artist?"

The difference is kobe is a dinosaur, and a top ten player all time with 5 rings.

FOBolous
12-25-2014, 04:59 AM
The difference is kobe is a dinosaur, and a top ten player all time with 5 rings.

yea because his rings are such a difference maker this year and the lakers are winning so much games because of it. i fail to see how his past glories help the Lakers' current situation. and why is asking an aging declining star to take a backseat such a taboo for Kobe fans? this isn't the first time this happened in the NBA. Kobe's selfishness and his overzealous fans are the reason why the Lakers are the state that it's in. it's why shaq, dwight, and a few other players left. it's why no FAs came to the Lakers this past season. it's why the Lakers are losing right now. and this isn't the first time Kobe's been called out by his teammates for his selfish tendencies.

and none of that change the fact that you can't defend a chucker by calling another player, who's shooting a higher %, a chucker. that makes no sense.

jerellh528
12-25-2014, 05:05 AM
yea because his rings are such a difference maker this year and the lakers are winning so much games because of it. i fail to see how his past glories help the Lakers' current situation. and why is asking an aging declining star to take a backseat such a taboo for Kobe fans? this isn't the first time this happened in the NBA. Kobe's selfishness and his overzealous fans are the reason why the Lakers are the state that it's in. it's why shaq, dwight, and a few other players left. it's why no FAs came to the Lakers this past season. it's why the Lakers are losing right now. and this isn't the first time Kobe's been called out by his teammates for his selfish tendencies.

:laugh:

FOBolous
12-25-2014, 05:09 AM
:laugh:

of course the ultimate kobe fanboy and #1 cheerleader on PSD would laugh. you think kobe can do no wrong.

Sean Moore
12-25-2014, 05:55 AM
of course the ultimate kobe fanboy and #1 cheerleader on PSD would laugh. you think kobe can do no wrong.

I don't think he is saying that at all. Nor do I feel it's fair for you to assume what he is thinking. All he did was laugh at your over the top rant.

Kenny Powders
12-25-2014, 06:56 AM

:shrug:
Iggy's not very hot

PurpleLynch
12-25-2014, 07:58 AM
Am I wrong 'cause I wanna get it on till I die...

Goose17
12-25-2014, 08:20 AM

Shoot as much? I think they would be better if he didn't play as much. And the advanced metrics back it up. They are significantly more efficient in every statistical category when Kobe is sitting.

Kobe has had an incredible career but at this point he's just being a greedy chucker that is too slow to play average defense consistently.

Goose17
12-25-2014, 08:22 AM

This^ fans are crazy.

KINGOFSPORTS
12-25-2014, 11:50 AM
To clairfy here,

Kobe is the highest paid player in the league for a reason, because he sells tickets.

Plain and simple - overpaying for Kobe was a business decision.

To also clarify here, the Lakers need to lose, and lose a lot.

Letting Kobe go out there every night and shoot away is the best thing for the Lakers right now because the fans get to see Kobe and the Lakers lose.

It's a win-win situation for everyone.

Letting Nick Young go out there and eek out a win vs the nuggets or magic is a lose - lose situation for everyone except Nick Young.

In this upside down world that is the NBA - a win is a loss for the Lakers right now.

If Nick Young is too stupid to realize that there is a business side to Basketball then there's no hope for him.

There is exactly ZERO upside to the Lakers finishing 6th or better in the NBA standings this year. In fact, if they did it would be a tremendous blow to the future of the franchise.

Right now, Nick Young represents everything I hate about the NBA and professional sports.

LOSE LAKERS LOSE!

HoopsDrive
12-25-2014, 12:34 PM

Agreed. If management goal is to tank than get rid of the players that can get wins. No one should be blaming Nick Young in that situation, no player should have a tank mentality because they get nothing from losing or not trying their best. What do they get if management gets a high draft pick? A player that could potentially replace them in the future. Even if they're locked into a contract, I expect them to play 100% because they're professionals. And in professional sports, you want to do that every game because your career is short, you want to make sure other teams see you as a hard working player with good conduct and all that crap so you can secure a good contract.

Yes there is a management side but there is also a player side.

JasonJohnHorn
12-25-2014, 12:53 PM
To clairfy here,

Kobe is the highest paid player in the league for a reason, because he sells tickets.

Letting Kobe go out there every night and shoot away is the best thing for the Lakers right now because the fans get to see Kobe and the Lakers lose.

Letting Nick Young go out there and eek out a win vs the nuggets or magic is a lose - lose situation for everyone except Nick Young.

In this upside down world that is the NBA - a win is a loss for the Lakers right now.

If Nick Young is too stupid to realize that there is a business side to Basketball then there's no hope for him.

There is exactly ZERO upside to the Lakers finishing 6th or better in the NBA standings this year. In fact, if they did it would be a tremendous blow to the future of the franchise.

Right now, Nick Young represents everything I hate about the NBA and professional sports.

LOSE LAKERS LOSE!

I understand that as a fan of the team, you think the Lakers need to lose to keep their pick and get better, but if you WANT a player who DOESN'T compete, and you think the problem with the NBA is players like Nick Young TRYING TO WIN, then I hope your team gets stuck with guys that DON'T want to win so you will realize the problem for the Lakers is that their GM gave away THREE FIRST ROUND PICKS FOR A PLAYER READY TO RETIRE. The problem isn't players that want to win games, ITS GMs THAT WANT TO WIN LOTTERIES.

If you got a problem with the lottery system... cool... you got a problem with GMs putting together bad teams... cool... you got problem with players that want to win, you got know clue what the sport is supposed to be about.

BoSox47
12-25-2014, 12:54 PM

she has crazy buttcheeks but she looks like shawn and marlon wayans from white chicks. Check yourself man.

jerellh528
12-25-2014, 01:05 PM
I understand that as a fan of the team, you think the Lakers need to lose to keep their pick and get better, but if you WANT a player who DOESN'T compete, and you think the problem with the NBA is players like Nick Young TRYING TO WIN, then I hope your team gets stuck with guys that DON'T want to win so you will realize the problem for the Lakers is that their GM gave away THREE FIRST ROUND PICKS FOR A PLAYER READY TO RETIRE. The problem isn't players that want to win games, ITS GMs THAT WANT TO WIN LOTTERIES.

If you got a problem with the lottery system... cool... you got a problem with GMs putting together bad teams... cool... you got problem with players that want to win, you got know clue what the sport is supposed to be about.

Do you mean, NO?

Tg11
12-25-2014, 01:24 PM
Either way the Lakers if and when Kobe leaves via trade or if Kobe retires a Laker then the Lakers pretty much go back to the drawing board because then I wonder who will lead their team? The Lakers' old guard is gone, Gasol is gone, Nash is gone or he will be soon and Kobe will be gone soon eventually where does that leave the Lakers? Randle is injured

Tony_Starks
12-25-2014, 01:47 PM
All is know is Christmas came early for Laker haters this year. They really don't even need to celebrate today....

Tg11
12-25-2014, 02:02 PM
Exactly but the Lakers after Kobe leaves won't even be one of the elite teams in the NBA anymore

Jamiecballer
12-25-2014, 02:05 PM
Generally speaking that's not a very good way to build a team unless you expect to transport Kevin Durant via FA

Tg11
12-25-2014, 02:06 PM
Yes but even if Kobe leaves, who is going to become the star of their team? Certainly not Nick Young, I could probably see it being Julius Randle but not even he can carry the load himself if and when Randle does come back next season but Nash and Kobe will both retire it is only a matter of time and Boozer well...

AIRMAR72
12-25-2014, 04:13 PM

Any ol.skool laker fan could tell you that the Lakers plays better WITHOUT Kobe Bryant

JAZZNC
12-25-2014, 05:56 PM
To clairfy here,

LOSE LAKERS LOSE!
That last part has to be the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard. You really hate on a guy because he doesnt want to lose? Some people just don't have a ****ing clue. Kobe fans are some of the most delusional, irrational, moronic people I have ever seen. Seriously guys he is just flat out terrible this year and bringing up past success is a tired and pointless "argument". Quit worrying about being right and just try to get it right.

bucketss
12-25-2014, 06:10 PM

and none of that change the fact that you can't defend a chucker by calling another player, who's shooting a higher %, a chucker. that makes no sense.

i guess thats what separates guys like duncan from kobe.

bucketss
12-25-2014, 06:12 PM
Yes but even if Kobe leaves, who is going to become the star of their team? Certainly not Nick Young, I could probably see it being Julius Randle but not even he can carry the load himself if and when Randle does come back next season but Nash and Kobe will both retire it is only a matter of time and Boozer well...

if lakers get okafor this year, damn their future would look bright with a randle/okafor front court. maybe they can trade kobe to a contender(clippers?)

Edit: woops forgot about kobes contract

JAZZNC
12-25-2014, 08:35 PM
i guess thats what separates guys like duncan from kobe.

This. Duncan is light years better than Kobe. TBH I don't think its even close. Kobe fans will point to individual stats and such but has a young player ever once developed around Kobe? Nope. Never once. There is something to be said about that.

kobe4thewinbang
12-25-2014, 08:54 PM
Funny how the Lakers play good sometimes without Kobe, who demands that they play on that level MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, but they MORE OFTEN THAN NOT choke under pressure, whereas Kobe is the only player in those games playing worth a damn. These scrubs are so clueless, acting like they're better off without Kobe. Yeah, they are.

...On the bench of a good team, or in the d-league.

JasonJohnHorn
12-25-2014, 09:06 PM
This. Duncan is light years better than Kobe. TBH I don't think its even close. Kobe fans will point to individual stats and such but has a young player ever once developed around Kobe? Nope. Never once. There is something to be said about that.

Head of nail; meet hammer.

JasonJohnHorn
12-25-2014, 09:08 PM
Do you mean, NO?

Eye due. That is my FCD (Phonetic Conditioning Disorder). It's where I am condition to type certain letter combinations when I think of certain phonetic sounds. It's a pain in the @$$.

JasonJohnHorn
12-25-2014, 09:11 PM
Exactly but the Lakers after Kobe leaves won't even be one of the elite teams in the NBA anymore

They aren't an elite team now.

jerellh528
12-25-2014, 09:17 PM
People making a big deal about what young said obviously haven't seen many young interviews.

JasonJohnHorn
12-25-2014, 10:09 PM
People making a big deal about what young said obviously haven't seen many young interviews.

Do you mean "Young" interviews, or "young" interviews? I think you forgot a capital. Just saying. I know how you feel about typos and all. Wouldn't want somebody calling you on one when you feel the need to point them out in others.

Avenged
12-25-2014, 10:15 PM
He smiles too much. He tries to win. Hang him!!

KINGOFSPORTS
12-25-2014, 11:23 PM
awwww

the all time great Nick Young didn't pull out the win tonight. I guess Jordan had off nights also. Luckily Kobe wasn't in the game - they would of lost by 40!

Tony_Starks
12-26-2014, 12:39 AM
Bulls beat Lakers easily without Kobe....somehow I feel there wont be a thread made about that though!

bucketss
12-26-2014, 01:35 AM
Bulls beat Lakers easily without Kobe....somehow I feel there wont be a thread made about that though!

it was expected,not like they had chance even with kobe.

Avenged
12-26-2014, 01:38 AM

.. why should there be?

Tony_Starks
12-26-2014, 02:00 AM

it was expected,not like they had chance even with kobe.

How can it be expected when the narrative the last couple days has been the Lakers are better without Kobe after a whopping 1 victory?....

L8kers4life
12-26-2014, 02:01 AM

I'm pretty sure Andrew Bynum who is the only player they every tried to trully develop during Kobe's time turned in to arguably the best center in the league his final two years in LA all while being hurt.. Trevor Aiza was pretty garbage till he got to LA and developed pretty good next to KB After LA he never did anything. Derek Fisher as well.

And I can name Caron Butler, Jordan Farmar, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Rony Turiaf, Jordan Hill, Sasha Vujecic, Shannon Brown, Luke Walton and plenty more that played there best basketball and all had career years with Lakers during Kobe's Alpha days.

Try again buddy.

nickdymez
12-26-2014, 02:03 AM
This is why I get upset at non laker fans and their stupid *** opinions. This is what nick and kobe do. But whatever, keep watching ESPN

bucketss
12-26-2014, 02:11 AM
How can it be expected when the narrative the last couple days has been the Lakers are better without Kobe after a whopping 1 victory?....

they're better, doesn't mean they will consistently beat top teams.

Tony_Starks
12-26-2014, 02:37 AM
This is why I get upset at non laker fans and their stupid *** opinions. This is what nick and kobe do. But whatever, keep watching ESPN

We need to get some funds together to give non laker fans the Laker access channel!

bucketss
12-26-2014, 02:46 AM
We need to get some funds together to give non laker fans the Laker access channel!

i thought the lakers were on the history channel ;)

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-26-2014, 02:48 AM

Yes, winning titles 4 and 5 years ago are ancient history. What are the Raptors on? Channel 0?

Avenged
12-26-2014, 05:12 AM

Yes, winning titles 4 and 5 years ago are ancient history. What are the Raptors on? Channel 0?

Don't even think they're broadcast locally

gaughan333
12-26-2014, 08:15 AM

No, I agree that no player should want to lose...

But for gosh sake - last season the Lakers were drifting between the 4th and 7th pick at the end of the season - not a playoff birth.

Anyone that has an ounce of intelligence knows that there is absolutely no upside for the Lakers to win one of the final 2 games against Utah

YET Nick went out there and played like it was the NBA finals at celebrated like they won it after playing a contest to see which team will lose. Getting your points and stats for a new contract is one thing, but looking for victories on a team where they hurt the franchise not only selfish but idiotic.

But hey, according to Nick Young, it's all Kobes fault that they're a bad team...

give me a break

Who gives a **** if kobe is "an all time great". Right now he sucks. There is nothing wrong with saying that a bad player is bad.

If the lakers want to lose and he hurts that chance, bench him. He has other things, like endorsements, or you know a personal desire to win games to think about.

gaughan333
12-26-2014, 08:19 AM
Thats your opinion.

Are you serious?

BALLER R
12-26-2014, 10:57 AM
Y'all really don't get nick young and kobe then from most of the comments in here.

TheIlladelph16
12-26-2014, 11:30 AM
ITT: Nick Young at 41% shooting is a chuck artist who plays ****** defense, therefore he's hated.

Meanwhile, Kobe at 37% and even worse defense is what exactly? Man, Kobe die hards are delusional until the end. I'm glad he's selling tickets for you guys, bc he sure as **** isn't helping you win basketball games.

jerellh528
12-26-2014, 11:36 AM
Y'all really don't get nick young and kobe then from most of the comments in here.

Seriously... This should be a non thread, they obviously haven't seen many young nterviews or the way nick and kobe joke with one another. But leave it to Jason John horn to make a crap thread about nothing like always

Tony_Starks
12-26-2014, 03:08 PM
The funny part is Nick Young and Kobe been hooping and talking all summer, along with Wesley Johnson but then again you probably won't hear that because it doesn't fit the "selfish Kobe" rhetoric..

RLundi
12-26-2014, 03:22 PM

Merry Xmas!

Are you being serious?

KINGOFSPORTS
12-26-2014, 07:38 PM
Who gives a **** if kobe is "an all time great". Right now he sucks. There is nothing wrong with saying that a bad player is bad.

If the lakers want to lose and he hurts that chance, bench him. He has other things, like endorsements, or you know a personal desire to win games to think about.

You, most in here, are missing the main point -

THE LAKERS AREN'T GOING TO WIN ANYTHING. THEY AREN'T GOING TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. IF THEY DID MAKE THEM BY CHANCE ITS A SWEEP IN FIRST ROUND.

That being the case, who give a flying bat about winning????? Seriously. What is Nick Young wanting to win for????????

This Laker team is HISTORICALLY awful and it's not Kobe's fault it's Jim Buss.

Do you get my point now???

Ariza's Better
12-26-2014, 08:03 PM

THE LAKERS AREN'T GOING TO WIN ANYTHING. THEY AREN'T GOING TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. IF THEY DID MAKE THEM BY CHANCE ITS A SWEEP IN FIRST ROUND.

That being the case, who give a flying bat about winning????? Seriously. What is Nick Young wanting to win for????????

No one gets your ****ing point. If you disliked Nick Young because he smiles and jokes around while the lakers lose that's fine, but to dislike a player because he wants to win is ****ing insane. It is the dumbest reason ever to hate a player. And the fact you are so passionate about hating that player for that reason makes it even more insane.

Jamiecballer
12-26-2014, 08:04 PM

Maybe he wants to win, I don't know, for pride or because he's a competitor and stuff...

And are they historically bad or is kobe's play just making it look that way?

KINGOFSPORTS
12-26-2014, 09:47 PM
great game last night for Nick Young

3 pts 1/6 FG 1 reb 2 ast

I thought life was so good since Kobe wasn't playing? What happened Nick???

What a clown - get him out of here

gaughan333
12-26-2014, 11:19 PM

No. I don't. He's a professional athlete. Asking what he wants to win for, after I've mentioned a few things, and so have others, just shows you do not get it. It is not up to him to tank games. If the lakers want to tank games, then they should bench him.

Whether or not the lakers are winning has nothing to do with how hard a professional athlete should play.

koreancabbage
12-26-2014, 11:28 PM

worst fan ever

KINGOFSPORTS
12-26-2014, 11:30 PM
Nick Young tonight so far

1/10 FG 4 TO

what a clown. keep smiling and shooting, it's everyone elses fault

cahawk
12-27-2014, 01:49 AM
Actually, Lakers played great, taking it to Mavs in Dallas to just a 2pt loss.
If kobe played, no way do Lakers almost win, especially now they added Rondo after he turned kobe down.
After missing #1 golden state & the road vs. powers Chicago & Dallas, kobe can come back lakers at Home.

gaughan333
12-27-2014, 01:58 AM

1/10 FG 4 TO

I figured you'd be happy with poor play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee46Oet1fNA

@some point the chick says that the lakers shouldn't be counted out in 2014..lolz. I don't find any of those people speaking to be intelligent, but it's an interesting discussion from 2013 and Nelly actually makes some decent points, even if he can't stick to an argument.

SF8
12-29-2014, 06:37 AM

1/10 FG 4 TO

LOL you disappear after Young's good performance against PHX? :laugh:

Jeffy25
12-31-2014, 04:51 AM
Thats your opinion.

Didn't Kobe name himself Black Mamba?

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-kobe-bryant-reveals-origin-of-black-mamba-nickname/2014/03/25/

You again, have hypocritical blinders on when it comes to Kobe.

All good if you hate Young, but two of the reasons you have cited you hate him have been because he tried too hard in a game that didn't matter, and that he gives himself nicknames, when the player you love does the same thing.

Seems like silly reasons to hate a guy, that's all.

Jeffy25
12-31-2014, 04:58 AM
I'm pretty sure Andrew Bynum who is the only player they every tried to trully develop during Kobe's time turned in to arguably the best center in the league his final two years in LA all while being hurt.. Trevor Aiza was pretty garbage till he got to LA and developed pretty good next to KB After LA he never did anything. Derek Fisher as well.

And I can name Caron Butler, Jordan Farmar, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Rony Turiaf, Jordan Hill, Sasha Vujecic, Shannon Brown, Luke Walton and plenty more that played there best basketball and all had career years with Lakers during Kobe's Alpha days.

Try again buddy.

You just listed a bunch of guys that played their peak seasons with the Lakers.

Every team has guys that play their career best with that team, usually coinciding with their peak years.

I haven't seen Kobe help develop a player, but I also don't think it's his responsibility, and I doubt Duncan had a lot to do with it in SA in his career, considering the coaching there (though I'm sure Duncan can be helpful).

Jeffy25
12-31-2014, 05:05 AM
Nick Young plays a good game, crickets.

Nick Young plays a bad game, share his stat line and talk about how bad he is even though nobody ever argued he was any good.

Classic Kobe fan argument tactics.

And I see nobody responded to phil's post a couple of pages ago now. Obviously a good question.

Nick Young may be considered garbage with his 41% shooting this year for you, but then what is Kobe with his 37%?