PDA

View Full Version : kobe sits out - Lakers easily beat Golden State (23-3 best record in NBA)

cahawk
12-24-2014, 02:05 AM
How can Lakers play their best game of the year, in only game kobe sits out?
Should kobe and his fans be trashing his teammates?
If teammates get a chance could they be better than fans think?

jerellh528
12-24-2014, 02:09 AM
Yeah they're much better without him! We better lock these guys up soon, the starters, Wayne Ellington, Wes Johnson, Ed Davis and Ronnie price are going to probabaly get max contracts if they hit free agency. I wish we had these guys last year when kobe was out for the season instead of pau, Meeks, farmar and the rest

Chronz
12-24-2014, 02:13 AM
Ur gonna hear alot of talk about how much you hate kobe. One thing is for sure, no matter who your teammates are, shot jacking of this caliber isn't justified. If hes going to play this style, he prolly should switch roles with Nick Young and come off the bench. If not that, then at least take games off so you can recover and actually dominate with days off.

PowerHouse
12-24-2014, 02:18 AM
Nobody sings Kobe's praises more than me but if this doesnt open Kobe's eyes that he needs to adjust his game, I dont know what will. I dont know what made him think he's the only guy on his team that can score but he aint and this proves that.

From here on out he needs to become more of a facilitator and pick his spots to shoot more wisely. He's 36 years old in his 18/19th season, he's gotta have better basketball IQ than what he has been exhibiting thus far.

goingfor28
12-24-2014, 02:21 AM
He's like Derek Jeter. Not as good as he used to be, still the face and leader of the team and is old. He isn't what he used to be and needs to realize that. The team as a whole is terrible tho so I can't blame him for playing "me" basketball amd going for the scoring record. I would too

IBleedPurple
12-24-2014, 02:23 AM
Sometimes watching an all time great be a chucker without success gets a little sad. Then seeing it for weeks without him adjusting his game is just laughable.

PowerHouse
12-24-2014, 02:24 AM
^Unless he plans on signing up for another 2 year contract after the expiration of his current one there is no way he can catch Kareem anyway.

Cal827
12-24-2014, 02:25 AM
:laugh: Didn't even have to wait for the morning to see this.

He's like Derek Jeter. Not as good as he used to be, still the face and leader of the team and is old. He isn't what he used to be and needs to realize that. The team as a whole is terrible tho so I can't blame him for playing "me" basketball amd going for the scoring record. I would too

This.

Bruno
12-24-2014, 02:30 AM
#keepthepick
#keepshooting

Great showing by the Lakers tonight. obviously GS didn't take this game seriously, and they got bit.

you guys don't get it. Laker fans should be thrilled. getting back to back lottery picks in this market could lead to great success.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-24-2014, 02:39 AM

I remember you being around a lot back in 2007 when the Lakers sucked. You were a Suns fan talking about how Kobe sucks and he won't win without Shaq. 2 rings and 7 years later you return with glee when he actually pays like you always wanted to believe he did. You waited 7 years to come out of you burrowed hole. Pretty pathetic

JV35
12-24-2014, 02:46 AM
Wayne Ellington, Wes Johnson, Ed Davis and Ronnie price

4/5ths of the 2016 Olympic Dream Team right thurr.

Crackadalic
12-24-2014, 02:53 AM
Empty stats and the worse defense by a two guard this year.

Kobe just needs to understand that he doesn't need to play hero ball to win anymore.

IBleedPurple
12-24-2014, 02:56 AM
^Unless he plans on signing up for another 2 year contract after the expiration of his current one there is no way he can catch Kareem anyway.Agreed. But who would pay Mr Bean/Japanese Beef Monster what his ego demands, how he'd fit on any team, and really for any reason other than hoping he can shut himself down until the playoffs? Don't see it.

PatsSoxKnicks
12-24-2014, 03:00 AM
Yeah they're much better without him! We better lock these guys up soon, the starters, Wayne Ellington, Wes Johnson, Ed Davis and Ronnie price are going to probabaly get max contracts if they hit free agency. I wish we had these guys last year when kobe was out for the season instead of pau, Meeks, farmar and the rest

Clearly you're being sarcastic. But you aren't actually justifying Kobe's shot chucking are you? If so, I really don't know what to say to you.

Then again, I suppose his chucking does lead to more losses for the Lakers, which is ultimately what they want to get a higher pick so in that way, I suppose you should be happy about Kobe's chucking.

PatsSoxKnicks
12-24-2014, 03:01 AM
Empty stats and the worse defense by a two guard this year.

Kobe just needs to understand that he doesn't need to play hero ball to win anymore.

I believe he's got the worst Points per Shot Allowed in the NBA this year. Or he's bottom 5. But yeah, lots of Kobe fans still think he's great on defense :laugh2:

jerellh528
12-24-2014, 03:56 AM
People love to hate on this guy. Omg haha I've never seen something like this before. Everyone's dream is starting to materialize :dance::win:, kobe, after 5 rings and almost two decades of dominance,:oldguy::injury: is finally playing like crap. Woohoo, congrats guys! It's pretty opportune timing though because the worse he plays, the better it might end up being for the lakers draft wise. So aww man :(, even when he sucks he's still helping the lakers. Enjoy it guys, because love him or hate him, he's a legend of the game, the most polarizing figure in basketball aside from Jordan and he won't take a toll on your emotions anymore after he retires in a year or two.

IBleedPurple
12-24-2014, 04:02 AM
People love to hate on this guy. Omg haha I've never seen something like this before. Everyone's dream is starting to materialize :dance::win:, kobe, after 5 rings and almost two decades of dominance,:oldguy::injury: is finally playing like crap. Woohoo, congrats guys! It's pretty opportune timing though because the worse he plays, the better it might end up being for the lakers draft wise. So aww man :(, even when he sucks he's still helping the lakers. Enjoy it guys, because love him or hate him, he's a legend of the game, the most polarizing figure in basketball aside from Jordan and he won't take a toll on your emotions anymore after he retires in a year or two.While there have been many Kobe beef threads, he sucks now, relatively. Deal with it. Same will happen with LBJ, etc. It's a different time. Your glory years while he needed help falls on deaf ears, rightfully so. Living in the past gets desperate btw.

nastynice
12-24-2014, 04:08 AM
#keepthepick
#keepshooting

Great showing by the Lakers tonight. obviously GS didn't take this game seriously, and they got bit.

you guys don't get it. Laker fans should be thrilled. getting back to back lottery picks in this market could lead to great success.

Not a fair comment. Lakers smacked us around, straight up. This win wasn't because of us sucking (yes that contributed), but because of them earning the win. They beat us in almost every facet of the game, they played good team ball, and they hit key shots over and over in the 2nd half.

I'm a huge Kobe fan, but I hope this changes his approach to the game. He's got some decent young players around him, obviously nothing poised to make a deep playoff run, but they can still get wins if he leads them rather than hero ball. I remember when they lost last week to the thunder, they were playing real good until kobe came back in the game late in the 4th, he completely ****ed up all their chemistry and momentum. Its sad to see such a great player go through such a rough time, but as someone mentioned before, there's no excuse for his IQ to be so low at this stage of this career. He needs to be smarter, and go out as the all time great we know him as.

jerellh528
12-24-2014, 04:10 AM
While there have been many Kobe beef threads, he sucks now, relatively. Deal with it. Same will happen with LBJ, etc. It's a different time. Your glory years while he needed help falls on deaf ears, rightfully so. Living in the past gets desperate btw.

Wtf are you talking about. The only ones seemingly not able to deal with it are all the kobe haters crawling outta the woodworks like little roaches to attack any negative thing. Laker fans have already accepted that a guy who has played as many mins as him and with his injury history wouldn't play like a top guy. Anything else?

KINGOFSPORTS
12-24-2014, 04:15 AM
The Lakers just had a miracle shooting game

with or without Kobe - they won't shoot nearly 60% in any game going forward

PowerHouse
12-24-2014, 04:30 AM
The Lakers just had a miracle shooting game

with or without Kobe - they won't shoot nearly 60% in any game going forward

Im no mathematician but 51.7% isnt anywhere near 60%.

PowerHouse
12-24-2014, 04:32 AM
Not a fair comment. Lakers smacked us around, straight up. This win wasn't because of us sucking (yes that contributed), but because of them earning the win. They beat us in almost every facet of the game, they played good team ball, and they hit key shots over and over in the 2nd half.

I have a lot of respect for a guy with a no-excuses attitude that can admit to when his team gets beat up.:cheers:

Sean Moore
12-24-2014, 05:38 AM
Gee. Didn't see this thread coming. Haha.

Sean Moore
12-24-2014, 05:46 AM
Yup. You guys are exactly correct. The whole time the Lakers were the best team in the NBA and Kobe was holding them back. Just sit Kobe the rest of the season and unleash this ferocious squad upon the rest of the unsuspecting NBA. Like lambs to the slaughter. Dude has finally been exposed as the overrated hack we all knew he was. He was carried for his entire career by first Shaq and Phil, then Pau and Phil. The whole thing was a marketing set up to ride the next MJ wave. Now we all see through the charade. The guy would be lucky to be considered top 20 when all is said and done. If it wasn't for his longevity, he would be considered barely a top 30 player.

KINGOFSPORTS
12-24-2014, 05:48 AM
Im no mathematician but 51.7% isnt anywhere near 60%.

Lakers will not have another shooting game like that rest of the season

Iron24th
12-24-2014, 06:04 AM
Kobe needs to adjust his game, and I'm a big Lakers and Kobe fan.

Sean Moore
12-24-2014, 06:57 AM
Kobe needs to adjust his game, and I'm a big Lakers and Kobe fan.

Haha. yup. Big time.

But don't you want that top five pick.

Goose17
12-24-2014, 08:45 AM

Statistically their offense and defense is significantly more efficient with Kobe on the bench. Has been all year.

MonroeFAN
12-24-2014, 08:56 AM

This x10. It was an anomaly. They could be marginally better without Kobe, but it's not enough to take out top teams in the league (if that's what was being debated).

BALLER R
12-24-2014, 10:09 AM
Am I the only one that realize how free they looked. With Kobe they play nervous and look afraid to shoot or do too much. Everyone looked so much looser yesterday. I need to see them play again without Kobe.

RLundi
12-24-2014, 10:16 AM
This doesn't mean the Lakers are a significantly better team without Kobe, it just means that other players who shoot better shots than Kobe get to actually shoot. And automatically, the shots are higher percentage.

The Lakers are still terrible and would be terrible either way. But hopefully this is a wake up call to Bean that he can somewhat trust his teammates and doesn't have to play hero ball every single game for the Lakers to have a shot.

Avenged
12-24-2014, 10:27 AM
This doesn't mean the Lakers are a significantly better team without Kobe, it just means that other players who shoot better shots than Kobe get to actually shoot. And automatically, the shots are higher percentage.

The Lakers are still terrible and would be terrible either way. But hopefully this is a wake up call to Bean that he can somewhat trust his teammates and doesn't have to play hero ball every single game for the Lakers to have a shot.

He's chasing records. Pretty sure he can care less if his teammates get theirs.

brandt
12-24-2014, 11:25 AM

Golden State would have won if they didn't play the night before.

nickdymez
12-24-2014, 12:13 PM
What a sad place PSD is now.

Iron24th
12-24-2014, 12:21 PM
Haha. yup. Big time.

But don't you want that top five pick.

I'm all for the tank and all, but there are too many bad teams and we'll probably get screwed at the end.

D-Leethal
12-24-2014, 12:29 PM
It means a horrible team got a spark and rode it to victory. They will get blown out next game whether Kobe plays or not. Not a sustainable victory.

Teeboy1487
12-24-2014, 12:52 PM
Kobe does need to change his game and realize he is not nearly the player he once was. He needs to take better shots and actually attempt to play some defense. All because his team is bad, it does not justify him to attempt 30 shots a game in such an inefficient manner. Not only that hurts the team but it makes himself look bad. Its a sad time though to see the prelude to the end of Kobe Bryant. I just want him to retire on a good note and stop tarnishing his name which such pitiful performances. He's better than that.

torocan
12-24-2014, 01:46 PM

Yup, back to backs suck. How could they hope to beat the Lakers on the 2nd night of a back to back?

The Hawks were in the same position. They had to play Dallas and the Clippers back to back in an away and at home.

Oh wait, the Hawks won both games...

Ezio
12-24-2014, 01:49 PM
Thank you GSW for down playing the Lakers before the Bulls did the same on Xmas.

Goose17
12-24-2014, 01:52 PM
Thank you GSW for down playing the Lakers before the Bulls did the same on Xmas.

They didn't really play down, it was just a terrible effort offensively.

PowerHouse
12-24-2014, 04:08 PM

Okay Nostradamus.

PowerHouse
12-24-2014, 04:13 PM

:facepalm:

Tony_Starks
12-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Hopefully this gives the role players (which is pretty much everybody) more confidence going forward. As much as people want to act like its all Kobe's fault he's not playing 48 minutes a game, guys do have their fair share of chances to make a impact.

As poorly as he's been shooting he has shown willingness to facilitate when other guys make shots.....

FlashBolt
12-24-2014, 05:02 PM
I'm not a Kobe-hater but whenever Kobe passes more/sits out games, his team plays better than ever. For example, this was arguably their best game against a team that mattered. They excelled on both ends. I'm not saying Kobe is a liability but clearly he's not helping them either. I do think Kobe has too much pressure to be the 1st option and part of it is his own fault considering his ego but it's hard to see what your team is capable of when you jack up that many shots on such efficiency. +, what the hell is Byron Scott doing? Is he here to coach or to massage Kobe's back? Dude talks crap about everyone except Kobe.

jerellh528
12-24-2014, 05:08 PM
We will see what happens the next game kobe sits.

FlashBolt
12-24-2014, 05:10 PM
Kobe is shooting 37% from the field and 26% on threes.. I did not know that.

Jamiecballer
12-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Sadly, he does.

Jeffy25
12-24-2014, 06:13 PM
I don't think you can expect shooting from Davis and Price like you saw in this game. Boozer was 8 for 11, and they shot .517 as a team, and won despite poor free throw shooting.

I don't think you can expect them to shoot this well all the time.

But Lin wasn't good, Hill wasn't good, and Curry shot lights out.

But Draymond Green and Harrison Barnes were non-factors

Any team can beat any team. But Kobe does need to stop chucking like he has been. He is taking way too many shots.

Jeffy25
12-24-2014, 06:16 PM
As poorly as he's been shooting he has shown willingness to facilitate when other guys make shots.....

He is 11th on the team in shooting percentage thus far this year.

Hotone1401
12-24-2014, 07:25 PM
I believe he's got the worst Points per Shot Allowed in the NBA this year. Or he's bottom 5. But yeah, lots of Kobe fans still think he's great on defense :laugh2:

Please name 1. I'm curious myself.

PurpleLynch
12-25-2014, 07:56 AM
Cue the championship chants.

Tg11
12-25-2014, 01:38 PM
At this point maybe the Lakers should just trade Kobe and maybe just maybe the Lakers could actually thrive without him

Alayla
12-25-2014, 02:59 PM
People love to hate on this guy. Omg haha I've never seen something like this before. Everyone's dream is starting to materialize :dance::win:, kobe, after 5 rings and almost two decades of dominance,:oldguy::injury: is finally playing like crap. Woohoo, congrats guys! It's pretty opportune timing though because the worse he plays, the better it might end up being for the lakers draft wise. So aww man :(, even when he sucks he's still helping the lakers. Enjoy it guys, because love him or hate him, he's a legend of the game, the most polarizing figure in basketball aside from Jordan and he won't take a toll on your emotions anymore after he retires in a year or two.

I take your Kobe and Raise you Iverson!

Alayla
12-25-2014, 03:17 PM
Jokes aside though much like the whole Melo Iverson Ellis Marbury TMac and many other such debates before them there comes a point when a player needs to make the most of whats around them Kobe fans can complain about teamates until the cows come home but they cant write of failures like Nash Kobe Artest Gasol Howard or Payton Kobe Fox Malone Shaq.
These are proven situations where kobe had all the help a player can ask for and wet the bed and its not all his fault but these kind of failures come from ego and pride if you have to much pride to take a lesser role to make a team work you will struggle naturally.
Say what you want about guys like TMac Iverson Ellis (the latter of wicth i don't even like as a player) but they where willing to decline at least somewhat gracefully or take smaller roles when needed Iverson for example may have wanted to start but you need no better example than the sixers to see he was playing within a team could AI have Averaged 25 again that season? sure if he shot 37% but he didnt he did what was asked of him now this is no plug on Iverson has he has made his fair share of mistakes mabye far more than his fair share and Kobe is on a whole other level but my point is he needs to know his limitations i still think Kobe can be an 18 PPG guy with nice efficency if he wanted too but i dont think we will ever see that kind of thing from him.

I guess what im trying to say is everyone declines and it is ALLWAYS Ugly where your TMac going out on Injury
Carter losing his hops Iverson losing his speed Nash losing just about everything KG losing his imposing pressence very VERY few players can decline gracefully Such as Jordan or Allen (Carter to some extent changing his game) but it doesnt matter how gracefully you fall you will fall it happens and Kobe needs to start preparing for the end before the packs of hungry wolfs pile up on him in attempt to ruin a great legacy. If im Kobe i relaize fixing my image at this point is far more important than chasing a scoring record because even if i get it i cement myself as a me first player.

PowerHouse
01-03-2015, 07:06 PM

Well that was quick.

You're right, they didnt have a shooting game like that, they had one way better. 53.1% from the field last night.

So much for your predicting abilities.

mngopher35
01-03-2015, 08:21 PM
Well that was quick.

You're right, they didnt have a shooting game like that, they had one way better. 53.1% from the field last night.

So much for your predicting abilities.

I think they had at least one before that game anyways. Kobe has been playing more of a team game since taking that break it seems though.

PowerHouse
01-03-2015, 10:19 PM
I think they had at least one before that game anyways. Kobe has been playing more of a team game since taking that break it seems though.

Youre right, the game before that against the Nuggets they shot .526.

I missed that one.

mngopher35
01-03-2015, 10:32 PM
Youre right, the game before that against the Nuggets they shot .526.

I missed that one.

Actually I meant a game before the one the thread was about. They shot 54 percent vs Atlanta earlier this season so it had been done already.

Basically to say a team won't shoot 52 percent again when they already have and 50 games remain is extremely likely to be wrong.

diu9leilomo
01-04-2015, 05:44 PM
i think this thread should either change title or close