PDA

View Full Version : Why does Kobe Bryant have so many Field-Goal Attempts?

%%%%
12-23-2014, 07:47 PM
I'm not a basketball expert, so forgive me. But I was looking at NBA statistics, and I see:

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/field-goals/sort/fieldGoalsAttempted

Kobe Bryant has 605 FGA, a number that is, by far, the highest in the NBA. The second highest is at least 70 FGA below Kobe Bryant's.

Yet, Kobe Bryant's FG% (shown on the right) is much lower than everyone else's FG% in the list. Everyone else is hovering around .470-.550, yet Kobe is at .372.

Given his low FG%, why does Kobe Bryant have so many FGA?

InRoseWeTrust
12-23-2014, 07:50 PM
Because the Lakers lack good players and he's chasing scoring records.

Is this a necessary thread? Like really?

Avenged
12-23-2014, 07:51 PM
Keep trying guy.

%%%%
12-23-2014, 07:56 PM
Because the Lakers lack good players and he's chasing scoring records.

Is this a necessary thread? Like really?

I was thinking there were some explanation. The statistics speak for themselves, to some extent. Why does he have 600+ FGA while no one else has 534; very few people even have 500 FGA.

I don't consider self-centered "scoring records" a viable excuse.

R. Johnson#3
12-23-2014, 08:01 PM
Kobe Bryant has so many field goal attempts because he shoots the ball a lot.

InRoseWeTrust
12-23-2014, 08:01 PM
I was thinking there were some explanation. The statistics speak for themselves, to some extent. Why does he have 600+ FGA while no one else has 534; very few people even have 500 FGA.

Then you're trying to make a point under the guise of a "discussion ." Your point is that Kobe is taking way too many shots this season given his efficiency and that the pursuit of individual accolades doesn't excuse that approach to the game. There have been like 8-9 threads on that topic this year.

bleedprple&gold
12-23-2014, 08:22 PM

Then you're trying to make a point under the guise of a "discussion ." Your point is that Kobe is taking way too many shots this season given his efficiency and that the pursuit of individual accolades doesn't excuse that approach to the game. There have been like 8-9 threads on that topic this year.

This. /thread.

Hawkeye15
12-23-2014, 08:29 PM
there are threads literally open for this subject.