PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jennings Trade Value

Tony_Starks
12-23-2014, 01:39 PM
It seems like he's logically the next player to get shipped out. I don't think they're going to Josh Smith him but what do you think they'll get for him, or better yet who would want him?

It seems like people are really hot or cold on this guy. I personally like his game but others have argued he is just flat out not very good....

JasonJohnHorn
12-23-2014, 01:52 PM
I mean... he has a more affordable contract the Smith... but really? Who wants that? He's like Marbury if Marbury wasn't quite as good as he was....

If I had a lottery team with no point guard and didn't mind losing this season and next in a rebuiling process, sure.... I'd take him. He'd entertain fans and post some points and create some offense.... but in a winning situation, he'll only hurt because of his poor shot selections, turnovers and a contract that eats up part of the cap.

I'd take on the contract if it meant getting a first round pick, and if they shoved him down my throat in a deal of Monroe, I'd take him, but other than that.. no thank you.

If Detroit has to include a first or a good play to move this contract, they might as well just bring him off the bench and use his expiring contract next year for trade bait if somebody is having a fire sale.

Tony_Starks
12-23-2014, 02:00 PM
I don't think he's at the point where you have to add picks to give him away. He is still better than a lot of starting pg's.

But packaging him and Monroe would really shake things up, they might as well do it.

Ezio
12-23-2014, 02:05 PM
2nd rounder.

Shammyguy3
12-23-2014, 02:07 PM
I don't think he's at the point where you have to add picks to give him away. He is still better than a lot of starting pg's.

But packaging him and Monroe would really shake things up, they might as well do it.

Stephen Curry
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
Mike Conley
Kyle Lowry
Damian Lillard
Tony Parker
Derrick Rose
John Wall
Ty Lawson
Kyrie Irving
Eric Bledsoe
Jeff Teague
Jrue Holiday
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo
Kemba Walker
Jose Calderon
Ricky Rubio
George Hill
Patrick Beverley
Brandon Knight
Darren Collison
Mario Chalmers
M. Carter-Williams
Victor Oladipo
Jeremy Lin

27 starting point guards that I'd pick ahead of Jennings. Throw in Isaiah Thomas and Reggie Jackson who aren't starting for their teams but definitely would if they were on Detroit. I'm sure i'm missing a couple too.

beasted86
12-23-2014, 02:08 PM

Better than which starting PGs? Norris Cole?

I'd really enjoy reading your list.

curtcocaine
12-23-2014, 02:11 PM
Stephen Curry
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
Mike Conley
Kyle Lowry
Damian Lillard
Tony Parker
Derrick Rose
John Wall
Ty Lawson
Kyrie Irving
Eric Bledsoe
Jeff Teague
Jrue Holiday
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo
Kemba Walker
Jose Calderon
Ricky Rubio
George Hill
Patrick Beverley
Brandon Knight
Darren Collison
Mario Chalmers
M. Carter-Williams
Victor Oladipo
Jeremy Lin

27 starting point guards that I'd pick ahead of Jennings. Throw in Isaiah Thomas and Reggie Jackson who aren't starting for their teams but definitely would if they were on Detroit. I'm sure i'm missing a couple too.
You dont like BJ'S?

beasted86
12-23-2014, 02:13 PM

Like seriously, he must be talking about Norris Cole and Trey Burke as being "a lot".

MonroeFAN
12-23-2014, 02:27 PM
Stephen Curry
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
Mike Conley
Kyle Lowry
Damian Lillard
Tony Parker
Derrick Rose
John Wall
Ty Lawson
Kyrie Irving
Eric Bledsoe
Jeff Teague
Jrue Holiday
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo
Kemba Walker
Jose Calderon
Ricky Rubio
George Hill
Patrick Beverley
Brandon Knight
Darren Collison
Mario Chalmers
M. Carter-Williams
Victor Oladipo
Jeremy Lin

Piston fan here, I would say there is a small percent of a chance of Rubio, Calderon, Lin, Chalmers, G. Hill, Williams, or Walker doing any better than Jennings is with this roster. I won't say that I think he's better than the above players, because I don't want to start a hissy fit festival. Every player listed in this post excels in certain areas and lacks in others. None of them are currently winning anything.

I don't want anything to do with any of those names. (Jennings included).

crewfan13
12-23-2014, 02:28 PM
To be fair, Jennings is probably on par with the bottom third or so of the list that was proposed above as players better than Jennings, but the sentiment is probably right. He's not a bad player, but there's also not a lot of teams looking for pgs right now. Even if he is as good or better than some of those guys on that list, most of those teams with poor starting pgs are in the bottom half of the league, and probably aren't giving up a ton for a marginal upgrade.

That being said, maybe a team like the Knicks could take a chance on him. They aren't going anywhere and he does have some skills. If the OPs contract details are correct, that would take his salary off the books for the summer of 16, which is potentially the next great free agent class. Calderon isn't the answer on that team since he's 50 and isn't going to be part of their team if they start competing again, so that might be a place that makes some sense.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
12-23-2014, 02:30 PM
Sadly Brandon Jennings is better than Ronnie Price lol

beasted86
12-23-2014, 02:31 PM
To be fair, Jennings is probably on par with the bottom third or so of the list that was proposed above as players better than Jennings, but the sentiment is probably right. He's not a bad player, but there's also not a lot of teams looking for pgs right now. Even if he is as good or better than some of those guys on that list, most of those teams with poor starting pgs are in the bottom half of the league, and probably aren't giving up a ton for a marginal upgrade.

That being said, maybe a team like the Knicks could take a chance on him. They aren't going anywhere and he does have some skills. If the OPs contract details are correct, that would take his salary off the books for the summer of 16, which is potentially the next great free agent class. Calderon isn't the answer on that team since he's 50 and isn't going to be part of their team if they start competing again, so that might be a place that makes some sense.

Jennings is the prototype anti-triangle PG.

bucketss
12-23-2014, 02:42 PM
he can be a pretty solid back up pg,

Tony_Starks
12-23-2014, 02:43 PM

Stephen Curry
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
Mike Conley
Kyle Lowry
Damian Lillard
Tony Parker
Derrick Rose
John Wall
Ty Lawson
Kyrie Irving
Eric Bledsoe
Jeff Teague
Jrue Holiday
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo
Kemba Walker
Jose Calderon
Ricky Rubio
George Hill
Patrick Beverley
Brandon Knight
Darren Collison
Mario Chalmers
M. Carter-Williams
Victor Oladipo
Jeremy Lin

Your list leads me to believe you are really not a fan of Jennings. You have Jeremy Lin and Ricky Rubio ahead of him. Come on man! Mario Chalmers? Jose freakin Calderon? Really?

MonroeFAN
12-23-2014, 02:50 PM
That list is absolutely ridiculous. Some of them are in comparable situations record wise and aren't even putting up big numbers.

crewfan13
12-23-2014, 02:52 PM
Jennings is the prototype anti-triangle PG.

Its not like they have an ideal triangle offense with the rest of the team either. At this point, wouldn't attempting to amass talent and see what you have as opposed to trying to pigeon hole players into an offense that has only won NBA championships with at least 2 Hall of Fame caliber players running it make more sense?

xxplayerxx23
12-23-2014, 02:52 PM
Your list leads me to believe you are really not a fan of Jennings. You have Jeremy Lin and Ricky Rubio ahead of him. Come on man! Mario Chalmers? Jose freakin Calderon? Really?

Jose Calderon is easily better then that chucker. He should be cut. He's a bum. Chalmers is also better too,

Shammyguy3
12-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Jennings is an inefficient chucker with no defense. Lin is at least average efficiency wise, Rubio is a + defender, Chalmers is probably having a career year, is average on both ends of the floor, and Calderon is a super efficient point guard that spaces the floor effectively making the offense easier on others.

Jennings has almost no positive attributes.

MonroeFAN
12-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Calderon is fools gold in it's purest form and you fell right for it.

Shammyguy3
12-23-2014, 02:59 PM

And Jennings is real life recyclable plastic

xxplayerxx23
12-23-2014, 03:02 PM

Good passer, great shooter, high iq vs chucker, low iq, average passer

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-23-2014, 03:03 PM
2nd rounder.

I was just gonna say that. Maybe Jennings to Lakers for injured Nash and a second rounder? Or some three way with Nets and Kings? Figure Kings want Deron. Maybe Jennings to Nets? While yeah more pieces have be in the deal. Probably Thompson, Williams, Collison. Doubt either team wants Landry's long deal.

Sadds The Gr8
12-23-2014, 03:05 PM
Jennings better than a lot of starting pg's? Your definition of a lot must be 4 or less

MonroeFAN
12-23-2014, 03:17 PM
Good passer, great shooter, high iq vs chucker, low iq, average passer

Calderon is not a good passer, and if he is, Jennings isn't that far behind him. They both post meaningless assist numbers and dominate the ball in poorly ran offenses. Jennings has swag, he wants to be the man. He can't, but I admire that in comparison to Calderon who would rather dance with the ball in his hand then shoot. He is an elite percentages guy, but has never taken more than 9.* FGA per game, and doesn't have the ability to go off like Jennings does.

I agree that Calderon is a safer option towards losing, and Jennings would be the exciting route. They're both going to lose in the end.

rocket
12-23-2014, 03:20 PM
Jennings = awful

xxplayerxx23
12-23-2014, 03:24 PM
Calderon is not a good passer, and if he is, Jennings isn't that far behind him. They both post meaningless assist numbers and dominate the ball in poorly ran offenses. Jennings has swag, he wants to be the man. He can't, but I admire that in comparison to Calderon who would rather dance with the ball in his hand then shoot. He is an elite percentages guy, but has never taken more than 9.* FGA per game, and doesn't have the ability to go off like Jennings does.

I agree that Calderon is a safer option towards losing, and Jennings would be the exciting route. They're both going to lose in the end.

Stop it, calderon isn't a good passer? What are you talking about, he's super efficent. Jennings is trash. Calderon is a bottom 10 starting Pg but Jennings might be a bottom 5 pg in the world

MonroeFAN
12-23-2014, 03:33 PM
Stop it? How about they both played for my team, what makes your opinion more relevant than mine? The numbers? Guess what? They don't. Calderon's per possession APG numbers are awful this year.

I just explained to you what I was talking about, did you read my post?

Start putting an "In my opinion" before your comments, and sloooooooow down.

Shammyguy3
12-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Numbers actually do make one's point more relevant

MonroeFAN
12-23-2014, 03:37 PM
The numbers that suggest that Jennings is averaging comparable or better APG per possession numbers in one of the worst offenses of all time?

ok pal.

InRoseWeTrust
12-23-2014, 03:40 PM
I really believe that assets need to be attached to Jennings to move him, not the other way around.

MonroeFAN
12-23-2014, 03:40 PM
I've never once denied his percentages. I said he has never been a major part of any teams offense, which is true and evidenced by his lack of averaging more than 10 FGA per game once during his entire career. Do you like those numbers?

Better APG (per game or possession) the last 2 years suggests that Jennings isn't that far off as a passer. If that's what you're going off of when determining who is a good passer and who isn't. If you want to ignore that and say they both suck, we can. Neither player is leading their team admirably, and neither player has a history of doing it.

Shammyguy3
12-23-2014, 03:44 PM
I've never once denied his percentages. I said he has never been a major part of any teams offense, which is true and evidenced by his lack of averaging more than 10 FGA per game once during his entire career. Do you like those numbers?

Jennings is an able passer, but he's terrible at scoring the ball, has an ill-advised shot selection, etc.

And those numbers in bold are wrong :laugh: he's taken 14.8fga 14.7fga 17.0fga 15.6fga 14.2fga 11.2fga in each of his seasons. How is that not more than 10?

Do you like numbers that make sense and are utilized correctly?

EDIT: furthermore, how can you claim Jennings has never been a focal point of an offense? he's used up a ton of his teams' possessions: career usage rate of 24.8%, 23.4% with the Pistons

MonroeFAN
12-23-2014, 03:47 PM
Are you able to read? Jose calderon has taken 17 FGA in a season?

Please wake up. Are you seriously rolling on the floor laughing after embarrassing yourself?

Edit : haha, wow. Your edit is even more perfect. Did you ever stop to think, woah wait a second, this guy might be talking about Jose Calderon's numbers? Since they are perfectly inline with the ones I mentioned?

Shammyguy3
12-23-2014, 03:49 PM
Are you able to read? Jose calderon has taken 17 FGA in a season?

Please wake up. Are you seriously rolling on the floor laughing after embarrassing yourself?

:burn:

MonroeFAN
12-23-2014, 03:56 PM
This got slightly out of hand, and I'm sorry for being a dick if I was.

I don't want either player, and I listed my reasons. Let's just leave it at that.

ghettosean
12-23-2014, 03:58 PM
Jennings trade value = Non existent

MonroeFAN
12-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Yeah, on the topic, I don't think he has much value around the league. I think a number of teams would be ready to shell out a 2nd though.

ghettosean
12-23-2014, 04:01 PM
I think people need to maybe ask what team could really use him right now? I just don't see one to be honest unless it's a backup role.

Hawkeye15
12-23-2014, 04:03 PM
about the same Monix had in Semi-Pro (washing machine)

MonroeFAN
12-23-2014, 04:05 PM
@ghettosean, As a starting PG? No one outside of LAL. That doesn't change my opinion about the players I mentioned earlier though, I don't think any of them are starting caliber PG's anymore (or ever).

I do think he has value to a team off the bench.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-23-2014, 04:15 PM
Trade him for Jeremy Lin.

Tony_Starks
12-23-2014, 04:36 PM
Does the fact that Jennings has been on garbage teams even weigh in? The Bucks? The Pistons? They are jokes....

MonroeFAN
12-23-2014, 04:43 PM
The Lakers are a joke to and that's most likely where he's headed.

lamzoka
12-23-2014, 04:55 PM
Stephen Curry
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
Mike Conley
Kyle Lowry
Damian Lillard
Tony Parker
Derrick Rose
John Wall
Ty Lawson
Kyrie Irving
Eric Bledsoe
Jeff Teague
Jrue Holiday
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo
Kemba Walker
Jose Calderon
Ricky Rubio
George Hill
Patrick Beverley
Brandon Knight
Darren Collison
Mario Chalmers
M. Carter-Williams
Victor Oladipo
Jeremy Lin

Brandon Jennings > The Bolded

Tony_Starks
12-23-2014, 04:59 PM
The Lakers are a joke to and that's most likely where he's headed.

My Lakers are a complete joke but he's still better than Jeremy Lin. That's a huge insult...

TrueFan420
12-23-2014, 04:59 PM
This got slightly out of hand, and I'm sorry for being a dick if I was.

I don't want either player, and I listed my reasons. Let's just leave it at that.

Really? Jose would be a great pass first pg to help get drummond and Monroe easy buckets and he can also space the floor for you which you could use. Yes defensely he is poor but you can provide more than enough cover with the player on your roster.

ghettosean
12-23-2014, 05:00 PM
Delete post

Crackadalic
12-23-2014, 05:10 PM

This is the most ridiculous post I've seen on why someone is better. WTf does swag have to do with ****. That gay **** is the reason why that chuckboy never won jack. He takes 11 shots to get 12 points gtfoh

23 USG% over 15. Wonder which one has the ball more in his hands.

Jennings may beat Jose one on one but that isn't the argument. Jennings is not that good bro

Shammyguy3
12-23-2014, 05:11 PM
Does the fact that Jennings has been on garbage teams even weigh in? The Bucks? The Pistons? They are jokes....

Lots of point guards play on bad teams and don't play as poorly as Jennings, have as low of an IQ as Jennings, and aren't limited on the defensive end like Jennings is.

No, a couple of those are slightly debatable but not all of those (especially Jeff Teague, my goodness what are you watching?)

Hawkeye15
12-23-2014, 05:12 PM

after watching my Wolves after Rubio went down, no ****ing way I take Jennings over Rubio. And this is coming from one of his harshest critics.

Ezio
12-23-2014, 05:12 PM
Jennings > Teague :laugh: :laugh: I can't breathe

MonroeFAN
12-23-2014, 05:14 PM
My Lakers are a complete joke but he's still better than Jeremy Lin. That's a huge insult...

They're better than my Pistons.

cheers.

Definitely no comment on suggesting Jennings is better than Jeff Teague, Oladipo, MCW or Knight.

MonroeFAN
12-23-2014, 05:19 PM
This is the most ridiculous post I've seen on why someone is better. WTf does swag have to do with ****. That gay **** is the reason why that chuckboy never won jack. He takes 11 shots to get 12 points gtfoh

23 USG% over 15. Wonder which one has the ball more in his hands.

Jennings may beat Jose one on one but that isn't the argument. Jennings is not that good bro

That "gay" ****? You clearly didn't read the argument, and you're trying to slander a group full of people to make a point. What am I supposed to say to you?

Jennings is not that good bro? What on earth would lead you to believe I thought he was? Read the posts (again) and quit being an ignoramus. I said they both suck, and that's because they do.

MonroeFAN
12-23-2014, 05:22 PM
Really? Jose would be a great pass first pg to help get drummond and Monroe easy buckets and he can also space the floor for you which you could use. Yes defensely he is poor but you can provide more than enough cover with the player on your roster.

Maaaaayyyybe man. Few people remember the Pistons having Jose Calderon for that half a season. He didn't really do much of anything besides make our bad team look a little more festive. I agree, he has some nice percentages. I think the point I made of him maintaining a small role on offense to maintain those percentages is valid. (albeit clearly above some member's heads) But our players weren't getting open looks when he was playing as easily as the fans would have hoped. He could have used more time to gel I'm sure, but the way he and Jennings run an offense is eerily similar to me having watched both. They both make flashy unnecessary passes, and they both upset the flow of the offense by over-dribbling.

MonroeFAN
12-23-2014, 05:25 PM
PS : I feel like I'm getting the onslaught from NYK fans right now because they're upset I'm bad mouthing Calderon. Let me just say, it's incredibly underwhelming.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-23-2014, 05:27 PM

Knight's a hell of a lot better then Jennings. Heck at this point Bucks won that trade if we just only got Middleton in the deal. But Knight and Middleton was a huge steal by epic proportions.

MonroeFAN
12-23-2014, 05:29 PM
That was one of the worst things Joe has done. This team could have;

Knight, KCP (or MCW, Knight), Middleton, Monroe & Drummond with a ton of cap space and a total of ZERO bad contracts on hand.

;-(

Crackadalic
12-23-2014, 05:31 PM
PS : I feel like I'm getting the onslaught from NYK fans right now because they're upset I'm bad mouthing Calderon. Let me just say, it's incredibly underwhelming.

Most of us rather dump him. Doesn't mean he is worse than Jennings.

MonroeFAN
12-23-2014, 05:35 PM
I just don't think he is more valuable to a team. That's the argument. He's on your team right now, how many of your 5 wins is he responsible for? Probably less than Jennings is for our 5 wins.

(edit: just so we're clear, I am joking with the 5 wins part, that is not how I gauge immediate player value).

Tony_Starks
12-23-2014, 06:22 PM

after watching my Wolves after Rubio went down, no ****ing way I take Jennings over Rubio. And this is coming from one of his harshest critics.

Hold on Hawk, Rubio is anemic offensively. Even when he had Kevin Love to dish the rock to he couldn't manage the offense. Not to mention he can't stay on the court physically for a significant amount of time. Lavine is already better than Rubio will ever be.

Jennings is a horrible decision maker but Rubio? Turnover prone, no jumper ever, gambler on defense. No way,

mngopher35
12-23-2014, 06:26 PM

I was ready to go homer mode on you and explain why Rubio is more valuable than Jennings.

Luckily I saw Teague on your list and realized it had to be a joke.

mngopher35
12-23-2014, 06:41 PM
Hold on Hawk, Rubio is anemic offensively. Even when he had Kevin Love to dish the rock to he couldn't manage the offense. Not to mention he can't stay on the court physically for a significant amount of time. Lavine is already better than Rubio will ever be.

Jennings is a horrible decision maker but Rubio? Turnover prone, no jumper ever, gambler on defense. No way,

Lavine certainly isn't better now than Rubio, but hopefully he can be one day. Lavine has serious issues running an offense, probably because he isn't a true point guard and a rookie.

Rubio is a great passer who knows his shooting ability is bad and limits his attempts to not hurt the team. While he gambles on defense it isn't quite like brewer as he generally does it at the right times when he can recover without needing extra help. He has issues fighting screens at times but overall he is better than lavine currently or jennings on defense. Overall the Wolves have been much better defensively with Rubio on the court.

Compared to Jennings he had 2 more assists and .4 more turns per game last season than jennings currently. Yes he is a bit turnover prone but it comes with a few great passes for layups/dunks that few can make as well. Also rubio's ts% last season was better than Jennings so far this year, difference is he limits the bad shooting. Add in the defense and I think Rubio is a pretty easy choice.

Note: this is when he is playing, it is totally fair to point out the time he's missed. It isn't a ton of minor injuries though it was an acl and now ankle injury with a full season in between.

beasted86
12-23-2014, 10:27 PM

The stats don't support your opinion.

FriedTofuz
12-23-2014, 10:49 PM
LOL jennings hates coming off the bench.. good luck.

JasonJohnHorn
12-23-2014, 11:29 PM
Piston fan here, I would say there is a small percent of a chance of Rubio, Calderon, Lin, Chalmers, G. Hill, Williams, or Walker doing any better than Jennings is with this roster. I won't say that I think he's better than the above players, because I don't want to start a hissy fit festival. Every player listed in this post excels in certain areas and lacks in others. None of them are currently winning anything.

I don't want anything to do with any of those names. (Jennings included).

Pistons fan here... bro... we KNOW Calderon would do better... HE DID BETTER in a Pistons' uniform already.

Rubio? No... Rubio is a FAR better rebounder, play maker AND defender.... neither can shoot, but Rubio does EVERYTHING else better.

Chalmbers? Better shooter. A little off this year, but not as off as Jennings. And HALF the price. Hill? Yeah... I'd take Hill. Lin? He at least sells more jerseys.

Let's face it.. it would be hard to find a guy worse than Jennings that made more money.

Stunner
12-23-2014, 11:44 PM
Zero trade value https://vine.co/v/OgDvIhggzJm

ghettosean
12-24-2014, 12:14 AM
PSD has spoken!!!

/thread

ghettosean
01-04-2015, 11:38 PM
Bump!

I think I'm going to have to eat crow.... Jennings has been playing like an all star since Josh Smith left. I haven't broken down all the numbers but he's probably averaging 20 and 5 in the last 5 straight wins by the pistons and shooting around 50% from the field.

In the last 2 wins hes shooting over 50% for sure and averaging 30 points. His trade value was super low but i bet there are teams wishing they snagged him while he was cheap.

Giannis94
01-04-2015, 11:52 PM
he can be a pretty solid back up pg,

His ego will stand in the way.

JV35
01-04-2015, 11:54 PM
Brandon's tearing it up.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-05-2015, 12:29 AM
lol this guy is playing like an MVP right now

Tony_Starks
01-05-2015, 01:11 AM
Oh what a difference it makes when he's not hotboxing with JSmoove before the game...

GunFactor187
01-05-2015, 04:43 AM
Hate on Brandon Jennings all you want but he's been making the difference and has been grinding game after game since Smith's departure. I've been very critical of him in the past (and still is) but he's definitely impressed me as of late.

Alayla
01-05-2015, 05:15 AM
look he is exciting and in most other times in NBA history he would be a fringe allstar point but in today's game with so many epic players at the position Jennings is just not very good. He belongs in the type of role Lou Williams had on the sixers recent playoff teams. Come off the bench fill it up and keep the defense working the heart of the 2nd unit so to speak. Coming from a sixers fan Lou was frustrating to watch even in that role but it was at least a role he could make an impact in. In fact the sixers are currently doing something uncomfortably simmlar with Tony Wroten right now this is the kind of thing i think Jennings would excel in as he has roughly the same level of talent as the former and is alot better than the latter.

Tony_Starks
01-07-2015, 12:05 PM
Game winner against the Spurs. My boy might fool around and be player of the week!

Crackadalic
01-07-2015, 12:37 PM
jennings is shutting me up lol. Can he help carry that team to the 8th seed?

JWO35
01-07-2015, 01:15 PM
Jennings trade value on PSD went from a bag of inflated basketballs to LeBron & future 1st :laugh2:

JustinTime
01-07-2015, 01:39 PM
Jennings has been playing great since the trade but outside of the Spurs they haven't faced a decent team so lets see how he does vs Dallas. Even in the Spurs game Parker hardly played and Leonard was still out and Jennings was brutal outside of the last shot.

BKdoubleStacker
01-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Career ts% under 50. Mcw is terrible too.

Tony_Starks
01-08-2015, 11:12 AM
jennings is shutting me up lol. Can he help carry that team to the 8th seed?

In the east? Man they might get a 6th seed before the season is over...

Crackadalic
01-08-2015, 11:31 AM
In the east? Man they might get a 6th seed before the season is over...

I Think Miami falls out of the playoff picture and i see the pacers taking bk's spot

6th Detroit
7th Bucks
8th Pacers

Giannis94
01-08-2015, 12:08 PM
The good thing about the Pistons is that they are no longer a lock to get a top 5 pick- ensuring a murkier future.

crewfan13
01-08-2015, 12:23 PM
I watched Jennings on the Bucks the whole time he was there, and he did things like this from time to time. When he really screws his head on straight and plays hard, he can produce. But typically that goes hand in hand with him shooting the ball well from the outside.

His biggest flaw, and its a flaw that I think he'll always have is that he doesn't finish well at the rim or really draw fouls at that great of rate either. Because he's not an explosive leaper, he relies on that little floater near the hoop, and its a shot he never really perfected in Milwaukee. I'll admit I haven't watched him much in Detriot, so maybe he's improved at that, but its something that plagued his entire time in Milwaukee. He's a streaky shooter, and if his shot isn't falling, he doesn't really have another way to score, and he's not an elite playmaker either. He's not a bad player, but I think he'll always be limited by the fact that his value hinges almost entirely on how well he's shooting.

Tony_Starks
01-08-2015, 12:32 PM
I watched Jennings on the Bucks the whole time he was there, and he did things like this from time to time. When he really screws his head on straight and plays hard, he can produce. But typically that goes hand in hand with him shooting the ball well from the outside.

His biggest flaw, and its a flaw that I think he'll always have is that he doesn't finish well at the rim or really draw fouls at that great of rate either. Because he's not an explosive leaper, he relies on that little floater near the hoop, and its a shot he never really perfected in Milwaukee. I'll admit I haven't watched him much in Detriot, so maybe he's improved at that, but its something that plagued his entire time in Milwaukee. He's a streaky shooter, and if his shot isn't falling, he doesn't really have another way to score, and he's not an elite playmaker either. He's not a bad player, but I think he'll always be limited by the fact that his value hinges almost entirely on how well he's shooting.

I agree. You can wrap up what you just said in one statement: he doesn't work on his game. I'm hoping this little spree he's on will wake him up. People were telling me that Jeremy Lin is better than Jennings for Pete's sake!

Giannis94
01-08-2015, 12:46 PM

His biggest flaw is his ego.

crewfan13
01-08-2015, 03:15 PM
I agree. You can wrap up what you just said in one statement: he doesn't work on his game. I'm hoping this little spree he's on will wake him up. People were telling me that Jeremy Lin is better than Jennings for Pete's sake!

Basically he's part of the AAU generation that guys like Lebron and Kobe have both criticized. He grew up playing on teams where he was a stud and was lauded for his ability to shoot pull up threes, have great handles (that don't really get him anywhere) and throw the occasional sweet pass. He's never really learned "practical" basketball skills. Maybe Stan Van can be the guy to get him on the right path, but I'm not sure he's the kind of guy who takes coaching to heart. Probably doesn't help that his entire career in Milwaukee and Detriot has involved a variety of different coaches.

He's gone on multi game hot streaks in the past that haven't really woken him up. If anything, some of those hot streaks hurt him by re-enforcing bad habits like pullup threes simply because they're falling at the time. When he scored 55 his rookie year, his scoring games around that were 32, 55, 25, 19, 29, 26 and all but two of those games included at least 8 assists. He's played well before, but its usually artificially propped up by inflated shooting numbers then he comes back down to earth, but continues to play the same style game.

The Darkhorse
01-09-2015, 05:36 PM
Basically he's part of the AAU generation that guys like Lebron and Kobe have both criticized. Maybe Stan Van can be the guy to get him on the right path, but I'm not sure he's the kind of guy who takes coaching to heart. Probably doesn't help that his entire career in Milwaukee and Detriot has involved a variety of different coaches.

Brandon Jennings is benefitting from SVG coaching. Stan sits him when he isn't playing well or playing the right way. The Brandon Knight for Jennings trade seems tilted for the Bucks, but I think Jennings' upside is more than Knight. For those of you that want to see BJ be the next one to go, let's wait and see what the rest of the season holds for him to reserve final judgment.