PDA

View Full Version : Should the bulls stop doubling down on Derrick Rose?

JasonJohnHorn
12-22-2014, 12:30 PM
I like Derrick Rose as much as the next guy, and I'm hoping he comes back to fill the potential he displayed in his MVP season, but I've seen this before and it seldom has a happy ending. Grant Hill is the best-case scenario, coming back to be a quality starter or 6th man. Penny Hardaway is the most likely scenario. And Rose can hope for a Bernard King-esque recovery, but even Bernard King only got a chance to excel because he got picked up by a lottery team that had nothing to lose, and his recovery only gave him three seasons of All-Star caliber play.

Is it time for the Bulls to concede that Rose has tragically become Penny Hardaway? Or is it worth it to keep hoping that he will return for form and reach his potential?

I mean, Noah and Gibson are 29 now. Butler is looking great, and they got some quality vets in Gasol and Dunleavy, but both are 34. Is it time to just move forward and look for a point guard that is healthy enough to at least show up for more than 2/3rd of the games?

GottaLoveCubs
12-22-2014, 12:48 PM
You realize he's not hurt right now right? He's sick.

InRoseWeTrust
12-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Lmao.

Ezio
12-22-2014, 01:20 PM
You couldn't wait till after tonight's game to post this? You saw what the Pistons got for a healthy Smith? Nothing now imagine what a team would give for a guy who hasn't played for the last 2 years + not staying injuring free this year?

mudvayne387
12-22-2014, 01:42 PM
Don't bother man. Bulls fans are in complete denial about what Rose is and what he'll become. His stats are absolutely atrocious this year.

Ezio
12-22-2014, 01:54 PM
Don't bother man. Bulls fans are in complete denial about what Rose is and what he'll become. His stats are absolutely atrocious this year.

He's our problem stop worrying about him. It's annoying.

InRoseWeTrust
12-22-2014, 01:56 PM

"Haters gonna hate." - Taylor Swift.

mudvayne387
12-22-2014, 02:02 PM

This is a forum where fans come to discuss certain topics. I'm sure you never once said anything negative bout Carmelo Anthony ?

InRoseWeTrust
12-22-2014, 02:11 PM
This is a forum where fans come to discuss certain topics. I'm sure you never once said anything negative bout Carmelo Anthony ?

"...hate, hate, hate, hate." - Taylor Swift.

JasonJohnHorn
12-22-2014, 02:58 PM
"...hate, hate, hate, hate." - Taylor Swift.

"Shake it off. Shake it off. But don't shake it too hard if you are Derrick Rose, those ankles need some rest." - Taylor Swift.

Seriously... I want this guy healthy. Th league needs their franchise players, but this is awful. We missed out on so much great basketball with Hill and Penny and then later T-Mac and ow Amare. We dont' need Rose's career cut short too.

But if I'm the Bulls... I call up somebody who is desperate to pick up a star... HOU, NY, LAL, BK... whoever.... The Gibson Noah window won't last long....

MonroeFAN
12-22-2014, 03:02 PM
You realize he's not hurt right now right? He's sick.

This is sad.

GottaLoveCubs
12-22-2014, 03:02 PM

How often do you actually watch the Bulls?? Do you just look at his stats and say wow he's horrible this year?

mudvayne387
12-22-2014, 03:11 PM
How often do you actually watch the Bulls?? Do you just look at his stats and say wow he's horrible this year?

I've seen enough Bulls games this year to harvest the opinion that Derrick Rose is and probably never will be anything more than a 3rd option ever again.

InRoseWeTrust
12-22-2014, 03:17 PM
"Shake it off. Shake it off. But don't shake it too hard if you are Derrick Rose, those ankles need some rest." - Taylor Swift.

Seriously... I want this guy healthy. Th league needs their franchise players, but this is awful. We missed out on so much great basketball with Hill and Penny and then later T-Mac and ow Amare. We dont' need Rose's career cut short too.

But if I'm the Bulls... I call up somebody who is desperate to pick up a star... HOU, NY, LAL, BK... whoever.... The Gibson Noah window won't last long....

There is a lot wrong with your post, but I don't have time to reply to all of it. See my last post in the other Butler/Rose thread for my thoughts.

As to your last comments, I'm not sure any Bulls fan is aware of anything called a "Gibson" window. Most of us want him gone so that Mirotic isn't minute-blocked. We have plenty of young talent and an elite coach. We'll be fine.

InRoseWeTrust
12-22-2014, 03:17 PM

What's also amusing is that, statistically, he hasn't even been "atrocious" this year. He's been basically what you'd expect for a former MVP to be after not playing competitive basketball for two years.

GottaLoveCubs
12-22-2014, 03:18 PM
So out of the 26 games played this year. Rose has played in probably 20 or little less. You've maybe seen him in 10 games? And from just 10 games, you are wise enough and smart enough to determine that Rose will never be a 1 ever again. Please wise sir, tell me what else you know.

Kicks For Grits
12-22-2014, 03:49 PM

Nobody outside of NY gives two phucks about your knicks

Kicks For Grits
12-22-2014, 03:50 PM
I've seen enough Bulls games this year to harvest the opinion that Derrick Rose is and probably never will be anything more than a 3rd option ever again.

I have come to the conclusion that you are a moron and base things off of small sample sizes.

If I were to say your Knicks will forever suck (likely) you would cry foul

Shammyguy3
12-22-2014, 04:01 PM
This just in: Rose never has to be anything more than a 3rd option on this team with the way Butler/Gasol/Mirotic/Brooks handle the scoring load.

Seriously - we will have about a dozen more of these threads this season. They'll all end up being the same thing, that the answer to the question is a big fat no - Bulls should not get rid of Derrick.

benny01
12-22-2014, 04:10 PM
There is a lot wrong with your post, but I don't have time to reply to all of it. See my last post in the other Butler/Rose thread for my thoughts.

As to your last comments, I'm not sure any Bulls fan is aware of anything called a "Gibson" window. Most of us want him gone so that Mirotic isn't minute-blocked. We have plenty of young talent and an elite coach. We'll be fine.
He's either misinformed or massively trolling
Rose has been bad this season. The thing is that he's also been really good, and he's shown steady progression since FIBA. Rose had a hamstring/ankle injury which can be expected after 2 major knee injuries. If that says to somebody that he's going to be injury prone going forward so be it, but Rose has shown that he's capable of returning to being a quality player.
The Bulls don't really have a window at this point. Gasol and Dunleavy will be replaced by Mirotic and McDermott, Butler gets maxed, Gibson will be gone before next season, and we have to see what Rose is over the next two seasons. The Bulls are left needing a defensive wing and a young center, which they need anyway. Essentially, what I'm saying is that Rose's contract has no effect on the Bulls future until it runs it's course at which point they can make a decision. The Bulls are in a good position for the foreseeable future regardless of what happens with Rose.

mudvayne387
12-22-2014, 04:17 PM
So out of the 26 games played this year. Rose has played in probably 20 or little less. You've maybe seen him in 10 games? And from just 10 games, you are wise enough and smart enough to determine that Rose will never be a 1 ever again. Please wise sir, tell me what else you know.

Im wise enough to know he played ten games last year, and 36 the year prior. I'm also wise enough to know he's shooting 42% from the field, 28% from 3, is averaging 3 turnovers per game, has poor assist numbers for a PG, and his team is having trouble beating the better teams in the league. That enough for you ?

mudvayne387
12-22-2014, 04:18 PM
Nobody outside of NY gives two phucks about your knicks

Cool , but this threads about Derrick Rose and how good he used to be.

Baltoro
12-22-2014, 04:36 PM
Let's see if we can get this thread back on track. Keep it civil fellas.

ramsizzle
12-22-2014, 04:38 PM
Im wise enough to know he played ten games last year, and 36 the year prior. I'm also wise enough to know he's shooting 42% from the field, 28% from 3, is averaging 3 turnovers per game, has poor assist numbers for a PG, and his team is having trouble beating the better teams in the league. That enough for you ?

lolololol assist% this season would be on par with players like kyle lowry's career high, aside from this season. Worry about another team, the bulls are probably the best team in the east.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-22-2014, 04:43 PM
This guy is a secret Rose lover.

Baltoro
12-22-2014, 04:53 PM
I don't think you can truly get back to 100% MVP form coming off injuries like that. Does that mean he's best case scenario a 3rd option from here on out? Absolutely not. He's still young(ish) and this is only a sample size of the season. Give it some time and judge the body of work at seasons end and after a likely deep playoff run.

He looked really good against Portland the other week. He also torched my Raps in November. Was slashing and cutting pretty well. His shot wasn't falling but he got to the line a bunch and broke us that way. He definitely didn't look as explosive as he was in the past but that's to be expected.

GottaLoveCubs
12-22-2014, 05:00 PM
I don't think you can truly get back to 100% MVP form coming off injuries like that. Does that mean he's best case scenario a 3rd option from here on out? Absolutely not. He's still young(ish) and this is only a sample size of the season. Give it some time and judge the body of work at seasons end and after a likely deep playoff run.

He looked really good against Portland the other week. He also torched my Raps in November. Was slashing and cutting pretty well. His shot wasn't falling but he got to the line a bunch and broke us that way. He definitely didn't look as explosive as he was in the past but that's to be expected.

Now here is a guy who knows what he is talking about. Can't say that about all who have posted on here...

InRoseWeTrust
12-22-2014, 05:02 PM
Now here is a guy who knows what he is talking about. Can't say that about all who have posted on here...

Yep. Rose is pretty much a year long project right now. Guys saying "he's fuggin done yo" are only saying it (1) to incite, or (2) because they are ill informed. He's looked fantastic in spots, and right now its about seeing if he can get to a point where those spots/games are the majority of what we see from him. Everything he's doing right now is to be expected considering it's been basically 2 years away from competitive basketball for him.

mudvayne387
12-22-2014, 05:12 PM

Yea cause he is agreeing with you.

I'm sorry I was wrong. Rose is awesome and will have a long and healthy career. His game against Portland was amazing. His game against Atlanta I'll just forget about like it never happened, must of had a cold...

MassoDio
12-22-2014, 05:12 PM
he played ten games last year, and 36 the year prior.

The above explains the below. If you were expecting any different, you don't understand basketball, or physiology.

he's shooting 42% from the field, 28% from 3, is averaging 3 turnovers

has poor assist numbers for a PG

The above is to be expected. One, as you have said, he was out for quite a while. Two, before he was out, he did not have the team he now has. He was the offense. It takes to time to adjust mentality. Making that adjustment on top of trying to just get back to feeling like "his old self" is bound to take time. (P.S. His assist % is really not all that awful. Is it elite...no...but not awful.)

and his team is having trouble beating the better teams in the league.

This has absolutely nothing to do with what you are trying to argue. The fact that his TEAM is struggling against the better teams is not indicative of whether or not Rose will ever be "more than a 3rd option", and it is flat out asinine to equate such a thing.

Anyone who did not expect Rose to take a significant amount of time re-adjusting to the speed, athleticism, timing of the game of basketball at an NBA level, just WANTS Rose to fail. What we are seeing from Rose right now can in no way tell anyone if he will or will not get back to the level he once was.

For the record, I don't feel that he will get back to that level. I DO believe, if he stays healthy (which is obviously going to be a question mark for a long time), he will get back to being good enough to be a 1st option. Just not as good as he was, or was on track to be.

That being said, It is ludicrous to think that he would be anywhere near that yet, or that it would not take significant time to get there.

People who say that he is "done" based on the last two years, plus the games played this year....just don't like him. Plain and simple.

Give the kid a year...maybe two...and then declare him back or done....or more realistically....somewhere between those two extremes.

Baltoro
12-22-2014, 05:22 PM

I'm sorry I was wrong. Rose is awesome and will have a long and healthy career. His game against Portland was amazing. His game against Atlanta I'll just forget about like it never happened, must of had a cold...

Dude, we don't gotta get facetious. Real talk, do you think Rose right now is a top 10 PG? Even with all of his past injuries and current struggles?

Baltoro
12-22-2014, 05:30 PM
The above explains the below. If you were expecting any different, you don't understand basketball, or physiology.

Speaking of physiology and the human body, I think we need to take a moment to appreciate that beauty in your sig. HHHHNNNNNNNGGGGG

MassoDio
12-22-2014, 05:32 PM
Speaking of physiology and the human body, I think we need to take a moment to appreciate that beauty in your sig. HHHHNNNNNNNGGGGG

I know right?!

mudvayne387
12-22-2014, 05:41 PM
Dude, we don't gotta get facetious. Real talk, do you think Rose right now is a top 10 PG? Even with all of his past injuries and current struggles?

Right Now ? Hell no

mudvayne387
12-22-2014, 05:43 PM

Right Now ? Hell no

Was he before his injuries ? Yes top 3

Will he ever be top ten again ? Doubtful because of his history of injuries which is the point I'm trying to make. These stories usually don't have fairy tale endings.

SteBO
12-22-2014, 06:17 PM
Why should the Bulls just lie down and accept what you think Rose is? Given what I've seen out of Jimmy Butler and Mirotic, I'd hold out hope too. If Rose comes back to even 70% of what he was, they win the eastern conference in my eyes. The Bulls just have to treat him the way Miami did with Wade the last 4 years should it come down to it.

Shammyguy3
12-22-2014, 06:28 PM

Right now Rose is probably more like 15th in the league. At least until he strings some consistently good games together, not just 1 a week.

Why should the Bulls just lie down and accept what you think Rose is? Given what I've seen out of Jimmy Butler and Mirotic, I'd hold out hope too. If Rose comes back to even 70% of what he was, they win the eastern conference in my eyes. The Bulls just have to treat him the way Miami did with Wade the last 4 years should it come down to it.

My thoughts as well. If Rose is a 17/6 type of player with average defense and average efficiency, Bulls have a very good chance of making the Finals

jmartin80
12-22-2014, 06:44 PM

This is my hope with Rose for this season. I am hoping he can string together enough games to get some of his rhythm back and get used to playing with this club. The team is built where they can play well without him, but if they can get him healthy for the playoffs with more consistency, then I will be excited.

chi-townlove1
12-22-2014, 07:23 PM

If derrick Rose is my third option, I'll take him over any other third option in the NBA today. Now drop it. Your sounding ignorant man. Obviously troll thread. He's been sick. Before that played 12 games straight. My goodness. Why are humans so illogical.

Kyben36
12-22-2014, 07:25 PM
Rose has looked good the last two games he played, before getting sick, (NOT AN INJURY) People need to watch the bulls before they talk about him.

chi-townlove1
12-22-2014, 11:23 PM
JJH - eat crow.

GottaLoveCubs
12-22-2014, 11:24 PM
Yeah... sucks the Bulls can't beat the top teams right now. And Rose is pretty terrible too... 27 pts in just 30 minutes on 12-19. Absolute GARBAGE! :rolleyes:

jaydubb
12-22-2014, 11:34 PM
27 points in 30 mins... Should the Bulls make rose their franchise player again??

SteBO
12-22-2014, 11:40 PM
Rose must've read this thread....:laugh2: But in all seriousness, in all the games I've watched him play, I haven't seen any restraints. Even after an illness, to score the way he did tonight on efficient shooting (12/19) is impressive and in only 31 minutes too.

chi-townlove1
12-22-2014, 11:41 PM
^ jaydubb. don't know if that was sarcasm or what. Or who's side your on. The point being though that 27 points on high efficiency is a positive thing. Especially when he went into clutch mode and took over the fourth quarter single handily to beat an awesome Toronto team. The point is, people need to STOP with the stupidity about trading derrick and making him our third option...

koreancabbage
12-22-2014, 11:42 PM
he looked good tonight

dalton749
12-22-2014, 11:44 PM
^ don't know if that was sarcasm or what. Or who's side your on. The point being though that 27 points on high efficiency is a positive thing. Especially when he went into clutch mode and took over the fourth quarter single handily to beat an awesome Toronto team. The point is, people need to STOP with the stupidity about trading derrick and making him our third option...

great fourth q, but lowry had 19 on him in the quarter still, playing with 5 fouls from the 8 min mark

jp611
12-22-2014, 11:48 PM
27 points in 30 mins... Should the Bulls make rose their franchise player again??

:laugh2:

Love it.

chi-townlove1
12-22-2014, 11:54 PM
[QUOTE=chi-townlove1;29426488]^ don't know if that was sarcasm or what. Or who's side your on. The point being though that 27 points on high efficiency is a positive thing. Especially when he went into clutch mode and took over the fourth quarter single handily to beat an awesome Toronto team. The point is, people need to STOP with the stupidity about trading derrick and making him our third option...

great fourth q, but lowry had 19 on him in the quarter still, playing with 5 fouls from the 8 min mark[/QUOTE

Not taking anything away from Lowry. Great player.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-22-2014, 11:59 PM
Mudvayne isn't gonna show his face until Rose has another ****** game. Let's hope he never shows up.

Kyben36
12-23-2014, 12:01 AM

Yes, and we should trade Jimmy cause we cant afford both

smiddy012
12-23-2014, 12:48 AM
Yes, and we should trade Jimmy cause we cant afford both

For those not drinking the kool-aid, this is meant to be satirical.

In other news, JB and DRose are fricken scary as **** these days. And it will be nice to see the Bull's FO eat their own **** when they're forced to hand JB a max, as opposed to signing him at 12 per... Cuz he's the second star they been looking for.

chitownbulls
12-23-2014, 12:54 AM
For those not drinking the kool-aid, this is meant to be satirical.

In other news, JB and DRose are fricken scary as **** these days. And it will be nice to see the Bull's FO eat their own **** when they're forced to hand JB a max, as opposed to signing him at 12 per... Cuz he's the second star they been looking for.

Crazy to think he's been here this whole time..

Ezio
12-23-2014, 01:07 AM
http://youtu.be/B0Iu2-ZS_0c

72 Wins
12-23-2014, 01:28 AM
great fourth q, but lowry had 19 on him in the quarter still, playing with 5 fouls from the 8 min mark

but..but.but..but.....

Tony_Starks
12-23-2014, 01:36 AM
The Bulls are being smart. This season is basically a year long practice for D Rose. The east is a joke, why not take advantage?

Kyben36
12-23-2014, 02:16 AM

i will give you that lowry played great, but today was actually probably rose's best defensive performance, He was fightin through screens, up in his gril, and made it difficult. Lowry made some incredibly difficult shots that he should not have, that were well defended.

mudvayne387
12-23-2014, 08:56 AM
Mudvayne isn't gonna show his face until Rose has another ****** game. Let's hope he never shows up.

Right here bud.

In the spirit of Christmas I'll say a few nice things about Rose and the Bulls. Rose had a great scoring night and the Bulls beat the best team in the East.

Now back to what I was saying yesterday. You Bulls fans seem to like to twist what people say for the sake of your argument. Nobody is saying Rose isn't one of the most talented players in the league and that he won't have great nights here and there. What I was trying to explain to you is that Rose will never be MVP Derrick Rose again. You can not rely on a player who is coming off two major surgeries and expect him to ever be the same again. I''ll stand by my statement "statistically speaking, Rose is not having a great year". Now I know his numbers will improve if/when he plays on a consistent basis and regains his form. But do you honestly think he will ever be the go to guy again at this level ? Now as another poster had mentioned, he may not have to if Gasol and Butler keep up this level of play.

InRoseWeTrust
12-23-2014, 10:39 AM
[/B]

Right here bud.

In the spirit of Christmas I'll say a few nice things about Rose and the Bulls. Rose had a great scoring night and the Bulls beat the best team in the East.

Now back to what I was saying yesterday. You Bulls fans seem to like to twist what people say for the sake of your argument. Nobody is saying Rose isn't one of the most talented players in the league and that he won't have great nights here and there. What I was trying to explain to you is that Rose will never be MVP Derrick Rose again. You can not rely on a player who is coming off two major surgeries and expect him to ever be the same again. I''ll stand by my statement "statistically speaking, Rose is not having a great year". Now I know his numbers will improve if/when he plays on a consistent basis and regains his form. But do you honestly think he will ever be the go to guy again at this level ? Now as another poster had mentioned, he may not have to if Gasol and Butler keep up this level of play.

I'm sorry, but you're backtracking. Had that been your sentiment yesterday, I doubt you would have caught much flak from Bulls fans. The vast majority of us are in a "wait and see" mode with the level of consistency he's going to achieve, albeit with a bit more optimism than others. Instead, you said stuff like:

Will he ever be "100%" MVP Rose? The chances are probably no. But as I've said before, it makes zero sense to trade him when he's already showing flashes like he did last night after being away from competitive NBA basketball for basically 2 years in a row.

Vee-Rex
12-23-2014, 02:31 PM
It's funny that Bulls fans never seem to want to acknowledge that Rose isn't the same and probably never will be... in Cleveland fans would be calling for that guy's head after just one bad game lol. Different fan bases and all.

But practically speaking... it makes absolutely no sense for the Bulls to get rid of Rose. The man shows flashes of his former self. And people forget his former self is like the Lebron of point guards... he's literally unstoppable, in a pretty scary way.

No one is gonna offer the Bulls anything that's remotely worth what he is in a trade because of his injury history. It's impossible to trade him because of that and idiotic to attempt to.

Even more idiotic is to cut him... I think that goes without saying but this is PSD afterall. So what do people expect Chicago to do? Play the man and if the rest of his career settles on 75% of what he used to be you'll probably still have a Hall of Famer.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-23-2014, 02:46 PM
You're making conclusions based on a handful of games the kid has played since coming back from some serious injuries. Just because he's struggling now doesn't mean he won't be "MVP" Rose again. Why are you so certain that he can't be? What evidence do you have that he's gonna have another major injury? The fact that he's having these games like last night and the game against Portland shows you that he still has that killer instinct that made him great. The only conclusion that's obvious is that ppl like you wanna see him fail.

Kyben36
12-23-2014, 02:48 PM
It's funny that Bulls fans never seem to want to acknowledge that Rose isn't the same and probably never will be... in Cleveland fans would be calling for that guy's head after just one bad game lol. Different fan bases and all.

But practically speaking... it makes absolutely no sense for the Bulls to get rid of Rose. The man shows flashes of his former self. And people forget his former self is like the Lebron of point guards... he's literally unstoppable, in a pretty scary way.

No one is gonna offer the Bulls anything that's remotely worth what he is in a trade because of his injury history. It's impossible to trade him because of that and idiotic to attempt to.

Even more idiotic is to cut him... I think that goes without saying but this is PSD afterall. So what do people expect Chicago to do? Play the man and if the rest of his career settles on 75% of what he used to be you'll probably still have a Hall of Famer.

This post is pretty much dead on, outside of this point, the truth is this is a situation where, you cant call for a guys head after one bad game, A Normal player maybe, but not a former MVP. not with his contract, not with the possibility of him becoming even remotely like himself of old.

The funny thing is, The Derrick rose and Jay Cutler situation are actually really similar, outside of the way they have handled it,

The Bulls, have a Really high paid, star player who is supposed to run the team, He is coming off two years of injury, is on a high contract, and hasnt played great coming back,

The Bears, Have a Really High paid, QB who is supposed to run the team, He is Coming off a major injury, and was paid in the off season, and hasnt played great in the comeback,

The Bears however, decide to bench the player, and now,the little value he had around the league has been lost. as we show we dont have confidence in him. He has been an average QB, and there are so many bigger issues than him on that team, but because we called for his head, like you were saying, we are in a terrible situation now and in the future.

Bulls only option is to, go along with it, if rose sustains another major injury, I think that we have to start looking another way in the future, but you just have to hope he can come back and stay healthy.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-23-2014, 02:49 PM
My post was directed at mudvayne btw

rhd420
12-23-2014, 03:15 PM
You're making conclusions based on a handful of games the kid has played since coming back from some serious injuries. Just because he's struggling now doesn't mean he won't be "MVP" Rose again. Why are you so certain that he can't be? What evidence do you have that he's gonna have another major injury? The fact that he's having these games like last night and the game against Portland shows you that he still has that killer instinct that made him great. The only conclusion that's obvious is that ppl like you wanna see him fail.

When Rose has been in, there is a difference and YES looming is the injuries but I think the Bulls are playing this correctly, don't risk anything in the regular season - play him in a handful of games and save him for the playoffs

I like the Bulls - Butler is certainly picking up the slack (wonder how much he gets paid next season) as well as the addition of Gasol and of course Gibson (when both are healthy nice combo) and of course Noah, bigs in the east - what a concept lol

This is the NBA and the Bulls play in the East, you don't need Rose for some games but when you do - it's good to know you have him.

InRoseWeTrust
12-23-2014, 03:23 PM

Thank you....sincerely, thank you for the bolded.

jaydubb
12-23-2014, 04:00 PM
^ jaydubb. don't know if that was sarcasm or what. Or who's side your on. The point being though that 27 points on high efficiency is a positive thing. Especially when he went into clutch mode and took over the fourth quarter single handily to beat an awesome Toronto team. The point is, people need to STOP with the stupidity about trading derrick and making him our third option...

It was sarcasm, but only because I think it's pathetic that so many are jumping to conclusions saying he's done when really, he's just barely come back from that injury.. What, do they expect him to be a superstar all of a sudden again right away..?

I love Derrick Rose, always have.. He was one of my fav players a few years ago. The fact is, he just came off a serious injury and he's gonna be slow to come back from it but I believe he will be back because he's still young. The third option comments are beyond ridiculous.. Old man kobe coming off a serious injury should be 3rd option at most(which is an entirely different discussion), not young Derrick Rose who still has his best basketball in front of him tbh..

smiddy012
12-23-2014, 04:33 PM
This post is pretty much dead on, outside of this point, the truth is this is a situation where, you cant call for a guys head after one bad game, A Normal player maybe, but not a former MVP. not with his contract, not with the possibility of him becoming even remotely like himself of old.

The funny thing is, The Derrick rose and Jay Cutler situation are actually really similar, outside of the way they have handled it,

The Bulls, have a Really high paid, star player who is supposed to run the team, He is coming off two years of injury, is on a high contract, and hasnt played great coming back,

The Bears, Have a Really High paid, QB who is supposed to run the team, He is Coming off a major injury, and was paid in the off season, and hasnt played great in the comeback,

The Bears however, decide to bench the player, and now,the little value he had around the league has been lost. as we show we dont have confidence in him. He has been an average QB, and there are so many bigger issues than him on that team, but because we called for his head, like you were saying, we are in a terrible situation now and in the future.

Bulls only option is to, go along with it, if rose sustains another major injury, I think that we have to start looking another way in the future, but you just have to hope he can come back and stay healthy.

This is what happens when a Bulls fan turns to the dark side.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-23-2014, 10:22 PM
Rose closes out the top two teams in the East in the 4th qtr on back to back nights. I'd say the scale is tipping towards MVP Rose over role player Rose.

ChitownSports16
12-23-2014, 10:37 PM
Rose closes out the top two teams in the East in the 4th qtr on back to back nights. I'd say the scale is tipping towards MVP Rose over role player Rose.

Shhhh...

northsider
12-24-2014, 12:42 AM
Looked pretty ****ing sharp to me if I dare say so. Not sure what world others are living in but, he gets to the rack at will and has no prob blowing past guys. These were qualities that made him the weapon he was and they don't seem to have disappeared. Dumb thread and prob another one of the 100's left to go even if he is putting up great numbers as the season continues.

InRoseWeTrust
12-24-2014, 11:59 AM
The problem is that every time Rose has a bad game, reactionary people come out and starting shouting from the rooftops about how he's done.

Let me be clear: Rose will have plenty more bad games, this season. The dude hasn't played in 2 years. The bad games don't mean he's done, and the good games don't mean he's automatically his MVP self. The fact that the good games are happening though is clearly optimistic for what kind of player he may be able to be, on a consistent basis, in the near future.

Cool007
12-24-2014, 05:21 PM
Oh man, is this thread serious?

Did some of you just expect Rose to play like his former MVP self right from the get-go or something? Not just the Bulls fans but other teams fans and media and coaches all have said that it will take some time for Rose to be fully back. Some coaches and former players even said that it might even take a full year for Rose to get back to his oldself.

It's freaking very hard to play like yourself (especially like previous MVP type) when you just missed 2 seasons in a row. You are relearning your game, re-adjusting to your teammates, the flow of the game, the stamina and basically a new body, moves etc.

The last 2 weeks Rose has been somewhat getting his groove back. The last 2 games have been nothing short of spectacular. Even hearing from other teams' feeds you can tell how Rose is still deadly and why he was the MVP of the league.

You guys as an NBA fan should be glad that Rose is looking more and more like his oldself by each passing day - instead of complaining or suggesting to trade him/cut him etc. That's just disgusting.

Tony_Starks
12-24-2014, 06:11 PM
Rose, Wade, and Kobe should form the overreaction club....

InRoseWeTrust
12-24-2014, 08:25 PM
Oh man, is this thread serious?

Did some of you just expect Rose to play like his former MVP self right from the get-go or something? Not just the Bulls fans but other teams fans and media and coaches all have said that it will take some time for Rose to be fully back. Some coaches and former players even said that it might even take a full year for Rose to get back to his oldself.

It's freaking very hard to play like yourself (especially like previous MVP type) when you just missed 2 seasons in a row. You are relearning your game, re-adjusting to your teammates, the flow of the game, the stamina and basically a new body, moves etc.

The last 2 weeks Rose has been somewhat getting his groove back. The last 2 games have been nothing short of spectacular. Even hearing from other teams' feeds you can tell how Rose is still deadly and why he was the MVP of the league.

You guys as an NBA fan should be glad that Rose is looking more and more like his oldself by each passing day - instead of complaining or suggesting to trade him/cut him etc. That's just disgusting.

*mic drop*

Aapox
12-25-2014, 01:01 PM
What nobody has mentioned is how much better Derrick Rose looks in the pick and role offense this year. Yeah, it helps a lot when you have Pau to dish to for a 16 footer instead of Noah or Taj, but his vision and passing are far improved.

He makes some bad cross-court passes, his pull-up 3's that almost never seem to go in are frustrating, and he still looks pretty tentative...but these are all things I expect will slowly ween their way out as he continues to play and get back into the groove.

Just as it's been said a few times. Rose needs 1-2 years of playing without any major (3 week+) injuries before we can make a real assessment of the player he will be for the rest of his career after his knee blow-outs.

I, for one, no matter what, will always appreciate him from his tenacity on the court to his humility off the court. Not to mention having to handle the pressures of being a homegrown superstar going through so many ups and downs. Hoping for the best!

Tg11
12-25-2014, 01:40 PM
Either way Rose he has potential but so far he hasn't lived up to it right now but maybe over time he will get back to where he was before when he won the MVP award

72 Wins
12-26-2014, 01:21 PM
There should be some sort of rule that you can only make these kinds of threads after a certain amount of games. It's getting ridiculous. People acting like experts who don't even watch the games, or make these threads 25 games into the season. lmao

mudvayne387
01-05-2015, 02:10 PM
Incredible the Bulls are still winning in spite of Rose's abysmal play lately.

Over Rose's last 5 games:

13.8 PPG
4.2 APG
2.6 RPG
.6 SPG
3.2 TO
29% FG
21% 3PT

They really might have to consider moving him at the deadline before it's too late.

Crackadalic
01-05-2015, 02:17 PM

13.8 PPG
4.2 APG
2.6 RPG
.6 SPG
3.2 TO
29% FG
21% 3PT

They really might have to consider moving him at the deadline before it's too late.

It's gonna take Rose more than one season to even get into allstar Derrick Rose. You don't play basketball for 2 years then all of a sudden it comes back. This isn't 2k. Its real life lol

albertajaysfan
01-05-2015, 02:28 PM

I think you are failing to realize they don't need him to be anything more then that now. I think the scenario is going to be that Chicago goes into the luxury tax to resign Butler this offseason. After next season Rose will take a pay cut since he is no longer at the same level. But Chicago will keep on winning because they have a team now instead of Rose, Noah and some other stuff.

I mean I agree he isn't what he used to be except it isn't the disaster most of yo make it out to be.

koreancabbage
01-05-2015, 02:38 PM
Rose is still...26? Entering his prime. No need to move him for the sake of knowing he might never be MVP Rose again. his contract is done when he is 28.

He can still break his man down and create havoc in the paint. He's even added the floater to his repertoire.

Someone will offer max money to Butler. He's already one of the best players at his position. Its a no brainer Bulls are going to keep him as well.

abe_froman
01-05-2015, 02:39 PM

13.8 PPG
4.2 APG
2.6 RPG
.6 SPG
3.2 TO
29% FG
21% 3PT

why trade him? he isnt going to net anything back in a trade and he does well as a 3rd option and closer in the 4th.rather just wait see if he turns it around as he gets use to things again.

this thread is weird though.rose isnt an albatross sinking us,our team is built to win with or without him ,so i dont get the idea that just because we arent trading him for toxic assets that means we are doubling down on him and have to cut bait

mudvayne387
01-05-2015, 02:44 PM
You guys are right about that. The Bulls can probably still contend in the East without an efficient Rose. I just don't see how they can beat any of the elite out West as currently constructed. But I could be wrong ....

koreancabbage
01-05-2015, 02:46 PM
why trade him? he isnt going to net anything back in a trade and he does well as a 3rd option and closer in the 4th.rather just wait see if he turns it around as he gets use to things again.

this thread is weird though.rose isnt an albatross sinking us,our team is built to win with or without him ,so i dont get the idea that just because we arent trading him for toxic assets that means we are doubling down on him and have to cut bait

well, they might if someone is thinking they (other team) might get MVP Rose back one day. Trading a player like Rose for better depth and young impact players might get Chicago over the hump this year and better sound financially moving forward with Butler as the only max contract.

It might be a move Chicago could be interested in if the right deal came along.

abe_froman
01-05-2015, 03:00 PM
well, they might if someone is thinking they (other team) might get MVP Rose back one day. Trading a player like Rose for better depth and young impact players might get Chicago over the hump this year and better sound financially moving forward with Butler as the only max contract.

It might be a move Chicago could be interested in if the right deal came along.
we dont lack depth though,so thats not appealing; and no one is going to send young impact talents for rose,it makes no sense to from other organizations pov.rose offers us the best possibility to get over the hump this year(he shows flashes of his old self,especially late in games.and still represents a threat that other teams have to account for) and the financials arent a huge concern with us as we are always mindful of such,and the cap continuing to increase(plus big jump coming up)

in the right deal,sure,but that deal isnt going to be offered and thats ok for us

InRoseWeTrust
01-05-2015, 03:20 PM
The problem is that every time Rose has a bad game, reactionary people come out and starting shouting from the rooftops about how he's done.

Let me be clear: Rose will have plenty more bad games, this season. The dude hasn't played in 2 years. The bad games don't mean he's done, and the good games don't mean he's automatically his MVP self. The fact that the good games are happening though is clearly optimistic for what kind of player he may be able to be, on a consistent basis, in the near future.

Really just have to quote myself here to emphasize how f'ing ridiculous some of you are. He strings together 5 good games, haters shut up. He strings together 5 awful games, the haters get rowdy and start trolling and "it's time to trade him before the franchise implodes and they have to give back MJ's 6 rings and ritually slay Benny at halftime." I mean wow. It's hilarious. You know who you are, you know what you're doing, and for your own sake, I hope you are actually willingly trolling and not just flat out stupid.

O_Touro
01-05-2015, 03:32 PM
A Rose trade this deadline: Impossible. Bulls dont want, other franchises dont want him unless its cheap and Bulls fanīs would never accept that.

Move on... As a Bulls fan, i just want everyone at 100% health at the Playoffs! Iīm sure Rose will be much better by than