PDA

View Full Version : Will the Southwest division cause for changes?

RaiderKid318
12-22-2014, 03:41 AM
We are just over 1/3 of the season now and every division still has a team(s) with less than 10 wins. Also every division has a at least 2 teams under .500....

I realize a lot can change in 2/3 a season and a few sub .500 teams will at least make it to .500, but as of now the entire southwest division is set to make the playoffs and all have winning records.

My questions are the following...

1. Does it seem fair to have this many good teams stacked in one division?
2. Could this cause some moving of teams to separate divisions or even conferences?
3. Will any of this matter with aging teams like Spurs and Dallas and the constant moving of star NBA players in the game today?

Also out of curiosity and laziness has an entire division ever made the playoffs? If so when and how common is it?

R. Johnson#3
12-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Geographically speaking Memphis or New Orleans would be the only teams that could be moved to the East. As for teams coming to the West from the East, well, there isn't much that works. Milwaukee or Chicago would be the closest.

cgreenhill
12-23-2014, 05:02 PM
I don't think it will spark any division realignment. A few years ago, houston was rebuilding, and memphis never had a playoff win. Things change every few years in sports. The only way this would cause a change is if all of them couldn't make the playoffs as in the way the NFL playoffs are set up. But in the NBA the top 8 teams make it regardless of division. The divisions aren't that important in the NBA to force a change.

Mr.B
12-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Mark Cuban mentioned earlier this year that he though realignment would be a good idea. His idea had several teams moving to the East. In my opinion it's very short sighted though. Eventually teams like the Lakers, Knicks, and Celtics will eventually be good again. Everything moves in cycles.

Jamiecballer
12-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Yes
No
No

c.c.
12-24-2014, 07:56 PM
http://omgghana.com/the-united-states-may-break-up-and-split-in-half/

Lol don't get to caught up in the example picture, it's just an example. Memphis, New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, OKC, and Minnesota could easily switch without timing issues. Me being a Rockets fans I'd rather play teams with Pacific times less (especially on work nights).
I doubt if a Texas team get moved though because if you move one, you most likely gotta move them all.