PDA

View Full Version : How many fans still think "40th Best Player" is an insult?

MickeyMgl
12-22-2014, 01:52 AM
At this point, in my opinion, it's pretty accurate, and maybe even a little flattering.

mufridaz
12-22-2014, 02:35 AM
tonight 9 turnovers, game before this one he was 3 for 15 for 20% and missed the game winner than God.

not sure what the best move is to continue to tank let him continue to brick or just sit him down.

kobe admits he needs to sit out a few games and rest. I agree maybe for the rest of the season. let Clarkson get some minutes and see what the kid can do.

kobe will go down as top 5 greatest players of all time. if he manages to stick around to 2016 and gets help maybe be in the mj conversation granted he gets a 6th ring. if mj would of been in the west I do not think he gets 6 rings. and the west now is even harder than it was back then. kobe can't continue to shoot under 40% and justify taking hard shots ie bad shots when there are other guys that should be shooting more especially if they are hot.

I still would put kobe in the top 20 despite his no defense and high turnover rate and low fg percentage. still can give you 20 pts 5 rebounds 5 assists. Not many that can do that at 36.

royal bob
12-22-2014, 02:46 AM
One of these days, it will occur to Kobe that he isn't the best player in the league anymore.....that he isnt even in the top 25. He has slowed down a couple of steps, and his legs are going away. He'll be the last one to know...which is what makes this process so sad.

Bozeman
12-22-2014, 03:42 AM
Take harden who many say is a top 10 guy now. Is kobe 30 players worse than him? Kobe is shooting bad this year no doubt and turning it over more which seems to be the main reason this convo is even brought up again at all.

Harden is shooting 3.8 percent better than kobe and actually averages more to's a game. And this is with a far superior team that allows him to obtain better looks and more space to create.

Kobe is not who he once was obviously. He is still a top 20 guy though.

But he still can ball. Unfortunately he is on a talentless team and has had to play way more minutes than he should be.

Put him on a more talented team, monitor his minutes correctly and hes definitely still a top guy in this league.

Not everything is so black and white. This team blows no matter how you slice it. Kobe can go facilitate and take a backseat all he wants with this team and it wo nt matter anyway so I really dont care if hes ballhoggin and forcing too many shots. Not like it would matter anyway. And good news, pretty much the whole team will be gone next year anyway!

Iron24th
12-22-2014, 05:13 AM
Kobe is shooting at a garbage efficiency this year, but there aren't 39 players better than him, or name them all, I'm curious.

Lakers + Giants
12-22-2014, 05:58 AM
Kobe is shooting at a garbage efficiency this year, but there aren't 39 players better than him, or name them all, I'm curious.

Jeff Teague
Jefferson
Gasol
Butler
Lebron
Love
Irving
Ellis
Nowitzki
Curry
Thompson
Bogut
Harden
Howard
Griffin
Paul
Jordan
Gasol
Conley
Randolph
Wade
Bosh
Deng
Davis
Carmelo
Westbrook
Durant
Tobias Harris
Vucevic
Lillard
Aldridge
Matthews
Cousins
Gay
Duncan
Parker
Leonard
Lowry
Hayward
Wall

Lakers + Giants
12-22-2014, 05:59 AM
This year those players have all been better than kobe. A few havent played much, but they've been better than him.

tredigs
12-22-2014, 06:07 AM
Not to barge in on your forum, but some of the definites for me right now...

PG's: CP3 / Conley / Curry / Wall / Lillard / Westbrook / Irving / Lowry / TP

(Maybe: Ty Lawson, Bledsoe, Teague)

SG's: Klay / Monta / Harden / Butler

(Maybe: Derozan, Dragic, Danny Green, Beal)

SF's: Kawhi / Hayward / Korver / Lebron / Durant / Gay

PF's: Love / Griffin / AD / Pau / Duncan / Dirk / Bosh / Millsap / LMA

C's: M Gasol / Howard / Cousins / Noah

Think that's 39.

I'm sure there's a lot of others certain teams would rather have than Kobe as well. Just being a Warriors fan, I know there's no way I'd want to give up a guy like Bogut or Draymond Green for Kobe (team chemistry/fit aside). I honestly think they're much more important pieces to winning at this point.

tredigs
12-22-2014, 06:22 AM
Yeah -- seeing your list now L+G I'm missing a few. Melo, Matthews for sure. Probably Vuvecic, couple others.

Ty22Mitchell
12-22-2014, 06:49 AM
Take harden who many say is a top 10 guy now. Is kobe 30 players worse than him? Kobe is shooting bad this year no doubt and turning it over more which seems to be the main reason this convo is even brought up again at all.

Harden is shooting 3.8 percent better than kobe and actually averages more to's a game. And this is with a far superior team that allows him to obtain better looks and more space to create.

But he still can ball. Unfortunately he is on a talentless team and has had to play way more minutes than he should be.

Put him on a more talented team, monitor his minutes correctly and hes definitely still a top guy in this league.

Not everything is so black and white. This team blows no matter how you slice it. Kobe can go facilitate and take a backseat all he wants with this team and it wo nt matter anyway so I really dont care if hes ballhoggin and forcing too many shots. Not like it would matter anyway. And good news, pretty much the whole team will be gone next year anyway!

I certainly agree that the team isn't very good, but I disagree that they're the primary reason for Kobe's lack of production. If you look at Kobe's stats in games won vs games lost, there isn't much of a difference. Kobe has been inefficient when his teammates have good games, and he has been inefficient when his teammates have bad game. Also, I understand rankings are personal but how can you put someone who is scoring 25 a game on 39% shooting in the top 20?

Iron24th
12-22-2014, 07:01 AM
Jeff Teague
Jefferson
Gasol
Butler
Lebron
Love
Irving
Ellis
Nowitzki
Curry
Thompson
Bogut
Harden (just 3% higher FG than Kobe :rolleyes:)
Howard
Griffin
Paul
Jordan
Gasol
Conley
Randolph
Wade
Bosh
Deng
Davis
Carmelo
Westbrook
Durant
Tobias Harris
Vucevic
Lillard
Aldridge
Matthews
Cousins
Gay
Duncan
Parker
Leonard
Lowry
Hayward
Wall

Your list is total nonsense, basically you just took every 3 best players of almost every teams who shoot at a higher percentage than Kobe, Kobe's shots selection is garbage, but that doesn't mean every other stat should be ignored, plus the fact that his whole team is garbage doesn't help.

Not to barge in on your forum, but some of the definites for me right now...

PG's: CP3 / Conley / Curry / Wall / Lillard / Westbrook / Irving / Lowry / TP

(Maybe: Ty Lawson, Bledsoe, Teague)

SG's: Klay / Monta / Harden / Butler

(Maybe: Derozan, Dragic, Danny Green, Beal)

SF's: Kawhi / Hayward / Korver / Lebron / Durant / Gay

PF's: Love / Griffin / AD / Pau / Duncan / Dirk / Bosh / Millsap / LMA

C's: M Gasol / Howard / Cousins / Noah

Think that's 39.

I'm sure there's a lot of others certain teams would rather have than Kobe as well. Just being a Warriors fan, I know there's no way I'd want to give up a guy like Bogut or Draymond Green for Kobe (team chemistry/fit aside). I honestly think they're much more important pieces to winning at this point.

See above.

Oh and like you're not known as kobe and lakers hater, don't waste my time dude.

jaydubb
12-22-2014, 10:20 AM
Idk if kobe would be ranked 40 or not, I honestly don't know enough players in the NBA to realistically judge this on but I will say this, for the first time ever I actually expect kobe to miss when he takes shots.. His entire career I thought he was such a good shooter that he'd have a good chance to make any shot no matter how difficult it was..

This is actually part of the reason why I'd like to see him traded to a contender, he needs to be the #2 or #3 option.. If he was I bet he'd shoot at a higher clip, he just can't do it at this age by himself anymore.. :/

Lakersfan2483
12-22-2014, 12:59 PM
At this point, in my opinion, it's pretty accurate, and maybe even a little flattering.

He's definitely not as good anymore as he thinks he is.... If he'd taper his game off and fascilitate and play a better floor game, he'd be in the top 20 still. The game against Toronto was the ideal way he should play; however he regresses and plays like he did last night against Sac. He's been wildly inefficient this year and that hurts his case for where he ranks right now.

I would have him in the top 25 in the NBA as of now.

Lakersfan2483
12-22-2014, 01:05 PM
One of these days, it will occur to Kobe that he isn't the best player in the league anymore.....that he isnt even in the top 25. He has slowed down a couple of steps, and his legs are going away. He'll be the last one to know...which is what makes this process so sad.

You would think he would adjust his game and make things easier rather then forcing and taking ill advised shots. He makes the game harder than it has to be. My criticism of kobe and what separates him from Michael and Magic is that he forces things rather then allowing the game to come to him.... Phil Jackson even mentioned the differences between Michael and Kobe in the last book he wrote.

Point is, at this stage in his career, kobe should pick his spots and stop trying to be the hero every night... Adjust his game and play a better overall game.

wizardsfan3
12-22-2014, 01:08 PM
The dude is 36 years old playing 35-36 minutes a game and coming off 2 major injuries.....you really expect him to be efficient?

Lakersfan2483
12-22-2014, 01:10 PM
Kobe should retire after this season unless LA can build a championship caliber team in which he can be the 2nd option. Question is will they build a winner? I doubt they will and Kobe is unwilling to take a backseat to anyone, which is wrong on his part at this point in his career. And so, he may play next year and continue to have career lows in shooting and overall inefficiency. Horrible way to end such a great career....

Teeboy1487
12-22-2014, 01:27 PM
Kobe needs to retire. He is just embarrassing himself. I hate to see him like this.

Iron24th
12-22-2014, 02:26 PM
lmfao. That is all. @Conley, Kawhi and Love in particular. Holy ****.

If "lmfao" is your argument, then thanks to prove me right and once again to show how clueless you are basketball wise :rolleyes:

rhd420
12-22-2014, 02:47 PM
He's definitely not as good anymore as he thinks he is.... If he'd taper his game off and fascilitate and play a better floor game, he'd be in the top 20 still. The game against Toronto was the ideal way he should play; however he regresses and plays like he did last night against Sac. He's been wildly inefficient this year and that hurts his case for where he ranks right now.

I would have him in the top 25 in the NBA as of now.

interesting - I might have to change my stance on Lakers fans about Kobe's fandom
BUT will it change if he has a 40 pt game but horrible shooting percentage that results in a Lakers loss - don't know, will the Lakers fans ever boo Kobe and or tell him to stop shooting? Just a question

Sitting back and seeing the change of the Lakers fans but is this board the true sample vs actual number of Lakers fans that no matter what Kobe does, they'll support

Time will tell - I'm hoping really that the Lakers fan DO turn on Kobe soon, not only to peg him down and give him a reality check but also to start thinking retirement next season so there will be a true rebuilding process - you simply can NOT rebuild a team around Kobe at this stage and will as a Lakers fan be ready for a team without Kobe -

LAKERS4LIFE!!
12-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Kobe needs to sit some games out and when he does play needs to play as a passer first averaging maybe 12-15 shots. I hate seeing him shoot 8 for 30.

GREATNESS ONE
12-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Do not troll loyal fans in our forum.

Chavacano
12-22-2014, 03:15 PM
Meh. Not 40th best but honestly, who cares? As long as the tank train rolling, I'm gucci. :dance:

still1ballin
12-22-2014, 03:43 PM
Too generous

MLB2K10King
12-22-2014, 04:06 PM
take harden who many say is a top 10 guy now. Is kobe 30 players worse than him? Kobe is shooting bad this year no doubt and turning it over more which seems to be the main reason this convo is even brought up again at all.

Not everything is so black and white. This team blows no matter how you slice it. Kobe can go facilitate and take a backseat all he wants with this team and it wo nt matter anyway so i really dont care if hes ballhoggin and forcing too many shots. Not like it would matter anyway. And good news, pretty much the whole team will be gone next year anyway!

this!

Jenceman
12-22-2014, 04:28 PM
Kobes not a top 50 player in this league right now

Jenceman
12-22-2014, 04:28 PM
Meh. Not 40th best but honestly, who cares? As long as the tank train rolling, I'm gucci. :dance:

its not rolling though, they won like 3 in a row!

MickeyMgl
12-22-2014, 05:09 PM
I still would put kobe in the top 20 despite his no defense and high turnover rate and low fg percentage. still can give you 20 pts 5 rebounds 5 assists. Not many that can do that at 36.

Not many would shoot without conscience the way he has. Seriously, at 37% shooting, those points are meaningless. It's the perfect example of hollow stats. 4.9 assists to 3.5 turnovers is 4th worst among qualified players in the entire league.

The sad thing is that, after years of being wrongly labeled a "chucker", it actually fits now.

MickeyMgl
12-22-2014, 05:13 PM

Why? They're not playing for anything. He's playing as awful as any of them. He shouldn't have to play any more minutes than he normally would. They're not going anywhere whether he plays more or less. So if that's the reason he's looked so awful, maybe he should play less, for the sake of his game if not his team.

MickeyMgl
12-22-2014, 05:31 PM

Anthony Davis
Demarcus Cousins
Steph Curry
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Lebron James
Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
Kevin Love
LaMarcus Aldridge
Pau Gasol
Marc Gasol
Blake Griffin
Tim Duncan
Dwight Howard
Damion Lillard
John Wall
Chris Bosh
Zach Randolph
Al Jefferson
Dwyane Wade
Kyrie Irving
Gordon Hayward
Nikola Vucevic
Jimmy Butler
Kyle Lowry
Carmelo Anthony
Derrick Favors
Al Horford
Mike Conley
Eric Bledsoe
Dirk Nowitzki
Kawhi Leonard
Monta Ellis
Marcin Gortat
Joakim Noah
Paul Millsap
Rudy Gay
Klay Thompson
Andre Drummond

Maybe a dozen more.

MickeyMgl
12-22-2014, 05:35 PM
Idk if kobe would be ranked 40 or not, I honestly don't know enough players in the NBA to realistically judge this on but I will say this, for the first time ever I actually expect kobe to miss when he takes shots.. His entire career I thought he was such a good shooter that he'd have a good chance to make any shot no matter how difficult it was..

This is actually part of the reason why I'd like to see him traded to a contender, he needs to be the #2 or #3 option.. If he was I bet he'd shoot at a higher clip, he just can't do it at this age by himself anymore.. :/

He can't be the main guy on a contender anymore. That's for sure. Not sure, but MAYBE he could still be an effective role player on a contender. Don't know if he'd want that, though.

MickeyMgl
12-22-2014, 05:39 PM
You would think he would adjust his game and make things easier rather then forcing and taking ill advised shots. He makes the game harder than it has to be. My criticism of kobe and what separates him from Michael and Magic is that he forces things rather then allowing the game to come to him.... Phil Jackson even mentioned the differences between Michael and Kobe in the last book he wrote.

Point is, at this stage in his career, kobe should pick his spots and stop trying to be the hero every night... Adjust his game and play a better overall game.

I thought he would do that. I did not believe, like many fans, that he would just pick up where he left off after two devastating injuries, but I did think that he would continue to modify his game, as he had been doing before the injuries. I thought he would play "within himself" more. He hasn't done that. He's shooting like it's 2006.

MickeyMgl
12-22-2014, 05:41 PM
The dude is 36 years old playing 35-36 minutes a game and coming off 2 major injuries.....you really expect him to be efficient?

Nope. Does that make him a top player? Does the NBA grade on a curve now?

MickeyMgl
12-22-2014, 05:48 PM
interesting - I might have to change my stance on Lakers fans about Kobe's fandom
BUT will it change if he has a 40 pt game but horrible shooting percentage that results in a Lakers loss - don't know, will the Lakers fans ever boo Kobe and or tell him to stop shooting? Just a question

I will say this. This is definitely not booing material, because he's not ruining their season. They'll suck with him or without him. He is tarnishing his legacy, though.

Time will tell - I'm hoping really that the Lakers fan DO turn on Kobe soon, not only to peg him down and give him a reality check but also to start thinking retirement next season so there will be a true rebuilding process - you simply can NOT rebuild a team around Kobe at this stage and will as a Lakers fan be ready for a team without Kobe -

That shouldn't and won't happen. There's no point in booing a single player on an overall atrocious team, especially a great one who was the last best thing they had going. No, the mood for this is sad, not mad.

rhd420
12-22-2014, 06:00 PM
I will say this. This is definitely not booing material, because he's not ruining their season. They'll suck with him or without him. He is tarnishing his legacy, though.

That shouldn't and won't happen. There's no point in booing a single player on an overall atrocious team, especially a great one who was the last best thing they had going. No, the mood for this is sad, not mad.

if you truly give him the type of volume of shots and as you as a fans believe he isn't "ruining the season" - then realistically he isn't ruining his legacy at all - he'll be the tenacious mamba trying at all cost to help his team win - and not really a hindrance to the team at all but a bright spot so I beg to differ, it will enhance and leave his legacy untouched

NOW one would question can you build or reboot this team with Kobe on this level - you can't if fans still accept the "aura" of Kobe and this being "sad" and are not mad or revolting that he isn't part of the problem ...

When you look at the dynamic of this post and you wonder why the Lakers had hired Byron Scott a "sympathetic" head coach as well as paying Kobe Bryant, they correctly judged fans like this and hate to say this is the majority of fans not the minority

Until Lakers fans truly get upset and Boo Kobe and lets management know that winning is more important than marketing and "the mamba", you won't get a change as Lakers fans especially if you think you can rebuild and rewire Kobe to play as a facilitator and change his game - there is no consistency to say he can nor I don't think he will

Lakers fans should enjoy the holidays and Kobe's legacy for whatever time is remaining

LA_Raiders
12-22-2014, 08:48 PM
He is not doing that bad for the team he has, 25/5/5

Name 39 players with better numbers.

rhd420
12-22-2014, 09:15 PM

see - a loyal Lakers and Kobe fan, interesting thing is if he hits the game winner and goes 1-30 but it's that ONE that goes in, all is forgiven because it's Kobe. No matter what the RINGS the 81 pt Game, MVP - that's what matters to the fans and it does seem that while the losses matter to a extent - Kobe is the mamba and will be forever Teflon no matter the losses or shoot percentage

You still think the Buss family were wrong in signing Kobe to retire a Laker with a bad team ... ?

ldawg
12-23-2014, 01:58 AM
see - a loyal Lakers and Kobe fan, interesting thing is if he hits the game winner and goes 1-30 but it's that ONE that goes in, all is forgiven because it's Kobe. No matter what the RINGS the 81 pt Game, MVP - that's what matters to the fans and it does seem that while the losses matter to a extent - Kobe is the mamba and will be forever Teflon no matter the losses or shoot percentage

You still think the Buss family were wrong in signing Kobe to retire a Laker with a bad team ... ?

Signing Kobe? no. with a bad team? yes. They put the team together with only Sacre signed . The moment they put ink to paper while injured the season was already lost.

ldawg
12-23-2014, 02:05 AM
No they should not boo him. You dont kick a solider when hes down. I think the coach and himself need to dial it back for damage control.

lakersfan01
12-23-2014, 02:26 AM
Like I said when the ranking came out, HOW GENEROUS and Kobe was still upset about it lol. There's 30 teams, and many of them have 2 and 3 players that are CLEARLY better than Kobe. Plus he can't adjust his game and loses games all by himself!!!

3-15, and then 8-30 with 9 turnovers. How could any NBA player negatively impact his team any more than that? I'd be OK with ranking him dead last!!!

lakersfan01
12-23-2014, 02:28 AM
No they should not boo him. You dont kick a solider when hes down. I think the coach and himself need to dial it back for damage control.

They shouldn't boo him. But Kobe is a soldier for his own army of one :laugh2:

lakersfan01
12-23-2014, 02:32 AM

Best player rankings, not best numbers. How about name 39 players that are just plain better than Kobe is now. If you select those 3 numbers, never watch a game, ignore all the nauseating numbers that don't support your argument, ignore their record, and pretend he plays good defense, sure haha great year Kobe :clap: MVP lol

Jazzgear
12-23-2014, 02:50 AM
At this point, not only was the ESPN ranking prophetic, but Kobe should not even be on the a All Star ballot as of now - he's been absolutely terrible. Hate to see him go out like this - it's a sad sight.

MickeyMgl
12-23-2014, 03:47 AM
if you truly give him the type of volume of shots and as you as a fans believe he isn't "ruining the season" - then realistically he isn't ruining his legacy at all - he'll be the tenacious mamba trying at all cost to help his team win - and not really a hindrance to the team at all but a bright spot so I beg to differ, it will enhance and leave his legacy untouched

Not "ruining" his legacy. Tarnishing it. A year or two of people watching you suck eggs will do that.

jerellh528
12-23-2014, 05:24 AM
Kobe plays fine and dandy throughout 3 and 1/2 quarters. Where he takes a dump is after he runs outta gas and tries to play closer the last 5 or so mins. That's when he misses most of his shots and creates the most turnovers. I wish I could say he needs to trust his teammates more but his teammates are garbage. The best fix for this is to have kobe sit some games, to preserve him for not only this year but for the future, and also to cut his mins by about 5-8 per game. No way on earth should he be averaging the 15th most mpg in the NBA right now

rhd420
12-23-2014, 01:46 PM
Signing Kobe? no. with a bad team? yes. They put the team together with only Sacre signed . The moment they put ink to paper while injured the season was already lost.

Well until you get a free agent to either get WAY over paid or adjust his game to fit Kobe's, what other options would he have. Even Beasley's game wouldn't help man lol

Think about it - there is a reason why Kobe is taking so many shots, he's going after scoring records, we as fans celebrate those achievements - to the point where shouldn't he take that many MORE shots to pass Malone's record by about 4000 + points, were going to look back at this thread and at some point and or Kareem - why is Kobe still volume shooting

From ESPN

Bryant trails Malone by 4,618 points, therefore would need 182 regular-season games to pass Malone at his current scoring average of 25.4 points. The Lakers have 58 games left this season, so about halfway into the 2016-17 season figures to be a reasonable estimate for when Bryant could pass Malone.

Although Bryant figures to breeze by Malone, catching Abdul-Jabbar will be a challenge. If Bryant keeps up a pace of 25.0 points a game, which is roughly his career average, he could track down Abdul-Jabbar in the 2017-18 season.

If Kobe passes Kareem - his average is around 25 now - you don't dial it down, you dial it up!

MickeyMgl
12-26-2014, 03:00 AM
At this point, not only was the ESPN ranking prophetic, but Kobe should not even be on the a All Star ballot as of now - he's been absolutely terrible. Hate to see him go out like this - it's a sad sight.

He's among the leaders in AS voting for the Western Confence. If he gets selected to start, that will only add to the embarrassment.

The1ronHorse
12-26-2014, 10:40 AM
He's not very efficient this year, but I respect the hell out of him for having the confidence to keep shooting even when he's missing. Psychologically, Kobe is captivating. The Christmas game wasn't very fun to watch without him. It was better basketball performed by incredibly mediocre players. Until the front office puts some better players on the court, I'd rather watch Kobe unleash everything he has left than these journeymen playing .500 basketball.

jaydubb
12-26-2014, 01:50 PM
Didn't he say one time he'd rather go 0-30 then to go 0-10... There may be more truth to that comment then I originally thought. Hmmm..

handle
12-27-2014, 11:14 AM
Give the guy a break, you vultures. He doesn't suck, his body is just tired...........that, and playing with a bunch of D-Leaguers on a team that cannot possibly win has to affect his focus, as well... but not his confidence. That all adds up to a lot of chucking, and missing.

But he's not going to play this poorly the whole season. He needs rest, first of all, and his minutes managed better going forward. And I don't think he's "done". I believe he'll finish this season playing top-20 level basketball again.

GREATNESS ONE
12-27-2014, 12:02 PM
Give the guy a break, you vultures. He doesn't suck, his body is just tired...........that, and playing with a bunch of D-Leaguers on a team that cannot possibly win has to affect his focus, as well... but not his confidence. That all adds up to a lot of chucking, and missing.

But he's not going to play this poorly the whole season. He needs rest, first of all, and his minutes managed better going forward. And I don't think he's "done". I believe he'll finish this season playing top-20 level basketball again.

Post of the Day.

Avenged
12-27-2014, 12:38 PM

Post of the Day.

Nope..

LakerSemper
12-27-2014, 01:45 PM
He's worse than 40 right now. When he goes crazy shooting i's like 4 vs 6

New Power House
12-27-2014, 03:26 PM
He's among the leaders in AS voting for the Western Confence. If he gets selected to start, that will only add to the embarrassment.

I think you are an embarrassment. I bet that you lived in a closet all the years that Mamba lead this team to glory. Just the fact that he can still lead the league after two extreme injuries makes him the best. Lebrun at his age is the real embarrassment with his crying and bunch of excuses. Kobe never quit! You should just fade away and go next door until we win again like a typical bandwagon fan that you are.

LakerSemper
12-27-2014, 05:53 PM
This legendary jak-az is the reason we can't get any decent players to come and play for the Lakers. Lebron makes his teams better if you you want to get into that sort of argument.

Vinylman
12-27-2014, 08:35 PM
Nope..

why not? it was the only post today when he said it.... it was both the best and worst at that point

Vinylman
12-27-2014, 08:37 PM
I think you are an embarrassment. I bet that you lived in a closet all the years that Mamba lead this team to glory. Just the fact that he can still lead the league after two extreme injuries makes him the best. Lebrun at his age is the real embarrassment with his crying and bunch of excuses. Kobe never quit! You should just fade away and go next door until we win again like a typical bandwagon fan that you are.

wow... attacking mickey as a bandwagon fan... talk about absurd

Raps18-19 Champ
12-27-2014, 10:19 PM
He's a hell of a lot closer to 40 than he is to 20.

MickeyMgl
12-28-2014, 08:09 AM

Lady, I've been a fan of this team for almost 35 years, through thick and thin, and have defended Kobe when he deserved to be defended. So suck it. People like you who think being a fan means cheering blindly and masturbating with purple and gold moisturizer are an embarrassment. Maybe you don't have the grasp of the game to examine the situation any closer than that. Well some of us do. So STFU and let the grownups talk.

Iron24th
12-28-2014, 09:30 AM
Anthony Davis
Demarcus Cousins
Steph Curry
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Lebron James
Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
Kevin Love
LaMarcus Aldridge
Pau Gasol
Marc Gasol
Blake Griffin
Tim Duncan
Dwight Howard
Damion Lillard
John Wall
Chris Bosh
Zach Randolph
Al Jefferson
Dwyane Wade
Kyrie Irving
Gordon Hayward
Nikola Vucevic
Jimmy Butler
Kyle Lowry
Carmelo Anthony
Derrick Favors
Al Horford
Mike Conley
Eric Bledsoe
Dirk Nowitzki
Kawhi Leonard
Monta Ellis
Marcin Gortat
Joakim Noah
Paul Millsap
Rudy Gay
Klay Thompson
Andre Drummond

Maybe a dozen more.

See my answer to lakers + giants, you could have been original at least...

LakerSemper
12-28-2014, 11:40 AM
Lady, I've been a fan of this team for almost 35 years, through thick and thin, and have defended Kobe when he deserved to be defended. So suck it. People like you who think being a fan means cheering blindly and masturbating with purple and gold moisturizer are an embarrassment. Maybe you don't have the grasp of the game to examine the situation any closer than that. Well some of us do. So STFU and let the grownups talk.

Thank you !!!

Jazzgear
12-28-2014, 01:45 PM
"People like you who think being a fan means cheering blindly and masturbating with purple and gold moisturizer -- are an embarrassment. So STFU and let the grownups talk."

Sig Worthy! With your permission I'd like this for my new sig, lol

ldawg
01-09-2015, 03:41 AM
Was Gasol soft or is the Lakers just sucks. both howard and Gasol are back to all star form. Lakers decline started with Kobe. Lakers fail to move bynum and give Pau Kobe and Odom mor help. its very posible Kobe could have won his 6th. Its to late now he is declining fast and just cant be the best player and pau was smart in moving on and taking the rap.

Avenged
01-09-2015, 04:23 AM
Was Gasol soft or is the Lakers just sucks. both howard and Gasol are back to all star form. Lakers decline started with Kobe. Lakers fail to move bynum and give Pau Kobe and Odom mor help. its very posible Kobe could have won his 6th. Its to late now he is declining fast and just cant be the best player and pau was smart in moving on and taking the rap.

Coaching was the issue.

Vinylman
01-09-2015, 11:45 AM

how is Gasol back to All star form? his numbers are almost identical to last year playing in an easier Eastern conference.

Glad he is having a good year but lets not get carried away

ldawg
01-10-2015, 12:05 PM
how is Gasol back to All star form? his numbers are almost identical to last year playing in an easier Eastern conference.

Glad he is having a good year but lets not get carried awayRebounds are up blocks shots are up. The gasoft label is a Lakers label. Bulls fans are not complaining about pau like many thought they would. He is still the best big man on the floor most nights and the fact that his numbers are along his career numbers with no great % drop like Kobe shows, dude is still playing at a high level. Not washed up like many Laker fans thought he was. just think Hill is being paid more and like some fool suggest Sacre is golden, better than pau. Many fans confuse youthful energy with being great and thats not the case. This is the problem in the nba. The players lack skills just a bunch of raw player running up and down the floor at a fast pace dunking. cant shoot cant post up, etc. 85% of Laker fans did not realize Lakers decline started with Kobe decline and the fact that they went away from triangle. All other coaches have struggled with Kobe and have had chemistry issues and style of play. casualties range from fisher to Jackson a list that included Pau and Howard. Two of the best big men in the game today.

Pau has moved on and still playing great Kobe pushed himself to the limits and break, but the true fall of the Lakers is management. It just spill to the floor. Lakers could have been in the same boat as Spurs had they not pull the plug. Its very possible kobe won #6 and Lakers tied Boston for most wins. The simple solution was to reload. All Lakers had to do was to trade Bynum. It was that simple a player who no longer plays in the league, the future star of the Lakers. I could remember it like yesterday. Where did all Bynum fans go? the same ones that wanted Pau gone to rebuild around Bynum. Where are they now? That declining Kobe and pau would of had the help they needed. Kobe going out in pride rather than tragic.

Zefflin
01-10-2015, 04:25 PM
Anthony Davis
Demarcus Cousins
Steph Curry
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
Kevin Love
LaMarcus Aldridge
Marc Gasol
Blake Griffin
Damion Lillard
John Wall
Kyrie Irving
Gordon Hayward
Nikola Vucevic
Jimmy Butler
Kyle Lowry
Al Horford
Dirk Nowitzki
Joakim Noah
Paul Millsap
Klay Thompson

Fixed...and the guy is 36 coming off 2 major surgeries and you still are listing the best players in the world he's right behind still...haha you haters are so obviously butthurt by Kobe's career it has affected you mentally and spiritually.

royal bob
01-10-2015, 04:33 PM
I consider that the decline of the Lakers began when Phil was forced to start Bynum at center.....moving Gasol to the 4...which isnt a good fit for him. Jim thought Bynum was the next Shaq. Gasol at center was exactly what Kobe needed....a mechanically sound center who could score when he needed to, but didnt have to have the ball without whining.

Gasol at center needed a banger at the 4....a real physical specimen. Odom filled that role nicely during the championship years. Gasol isnt built to go head to head with big strong 4's...his footwork and passing skills gave him a decided advantage vs other centers. The bandwagon gave Gasol the "Gasoft" name. They are too stupid to recognize what works and why it works....they think all you have to do is write a check and snap your fingers. The rebuild will likely chase them all away. Kobe's retirement will drop off the stragglers.

El Topo
01-10-2015, 08:03 PM
I consider that the decline of the Lakers began when Phil was forced to start Bynum at center.....moving Gasol to the 4...which isnt a good fit for him. Jim thought Bynum was the next Shaq. Gasol at center was exactly what Kobe needed....a mechanically sound center who could score when he needed to, but didnt have to have the ball without whining.

Gasol at center needed a banger at the 4....a real physical specimen. Odom filled that role nicely during the championship years. Gasol isnt built to go head to head with big strong 4's...his footwork and passing skills gave him a decided advantage vs other centers. The bandwagon gave Gasol the "Gasoft" name. They are too stupid to recognize what works and why it works....they think all you have to do is write a check and snap your fingers. The rebuild will likely chase them all away. Kobe's retirement will drop off the stragglers.

This is a post that I wish all Lakers fans would read. Gasol was and still is one of the best big men in the game, and he worked extremely well with Kobe. How we let him go is just beyond belief, if he stayed on this team, Kobe - Young - Gasol would actually have a shot at being decent with less pressure on Kobe to take over.

The hate for Gasol really backfired.

Big Moves03
01-10-2015, 09:52 PM
This is a post that I wish all Lakers fans would read. Gasol was and still is one of the best big men in the game, and he worked extremely well with Kobe. How we let him go is just beyond belief, if he stayed on this team, Kobe - Young - Gasol would actually have a shot at being decent with less pressure on Kobe to take over.

The hate for Gasol really backfired.

Well in all fairness, we tried to sign Gasol but he decided to go to the bulls. I think if Anthony would've decided to come, Gasol would've probably stuck around and this team would actually be pretty good, but it didn't work out that way.

ldawg
01-11-2015, 04:11 PM
Well in all fairness, we tried to sign Gasol but he decided to go to the bulls. I think if Anthony would've decided to come, Gasol would've probably stuck around and this team would actually be pretty good, but it didn't work out that way.
Thats all after the fact,the damage was done. Bynum was to be traded long ago and they were not to go away from the system that net them 5 rings while Kobe Pau remain very slight outside their prime playing at a high level. They pretty much did away with all that just for Bynum. Why should Pau remain the way the Lakers treated him and the way LA fans disrespected him? let them keep dreaming of other team stars just move on? Phil Jackson could not stress how important Pau was unfortunately Jim had googly eyes for Bynum and was blind to realize he was going to be destruction. Just think Phil still keeping Kobe in check While Kobe and pau took pay cuts to keep the run going? Bynum could of net either a few good players or o good player. remember Melo and Bosh could have been had. Lakers did eventually Traded Bynum for Howard but the culture and damage was done. Pau was misused and benched for the likes of Sacre the coach who saw 40yr old Nash as a savior. Lakers are here because of bad management and Pau was right for getting the hell out.

ldawg
01-11-2015, 04:26 PM
If Lakers we a true Playoff team Kobe would have accepted less. He had no reason to give discounts because he knew they were not going to be contenders even if they made the playoffs. Once Phill was let go that was it for Kobe, Bynum was Key to reload. The fact that Bynum no longer plays is comical. If the person who wanted to keep Bynum is still in control you got to understand thats why Lakers are where they at today. I mean Bynum situation was obvious even to ray charles. He had the size and some talent but that was over shadowed by his attitude and health and they were warning signs. They hired Kareem and like he did phil wanted to do things on his own.

royal bob
01-11-2015, 06:23 PM
If Lakers we a true Playoff team Kobe would have accepted less. He had no reason to give discounts because he knew they were not going to be contenders even if they made the playoffs. Once Phill was let go that was it for Kobe, Bynum was Key to reload. The fact that Bynum no longer plays is comical. If the person who wanted to keep Bynum is still in control you got to understand thats why Lakers are where they at today. I mean Bynum situation was obvious even to ray charles. He had the size and some talent but that was over shadowed by his attitude and health and they were warning signs. They hired Kareem and like he did phil wanted to do things on his own.

It's basically the difference between being smart vs being rich

lakersfan01
01-12-2015, 02:55 PM

Yeah that damn decline winning the 2010 NBA championship starting Bynum at center lol. And Gasol created his own Gasoft nickname by his soft performance in 2008 NBA Finals getting bossed by Garnett, and reverted back to that soft form in 2011. Remember Phil beating on his chest in the series vs Dallas in 2011? Trying to wake up softie!

rhd420
01-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Yeah that damn decline winning the 2010 NBA championship starting Bynum at center lol. And Gasol created his own Gasoft nickname by his soft performance in 2008 NBA Finals getting bossed by Garnett, and reverted back to that soft form in 2011. Remember Phil beating on his chest in the series vs Dallas in 2011? Trying to wake up softie!

and you wonder why Pau wanted to leave LA?

Hangin n Wangin
01-12-2015, 04:21 PM

No appreciation for what Gasol did for us. Sad.... Gasol was always soft. I don't get why people expected him to be an enforcer. He was and will never be that type of player. He is a finesse guy. The reason he got so much hate later in his Laker career, as opposed to earlier in his Laker career, is because we didn't win titles. It's not like he wasn't soft when we were winning titles. It's pretty sad the amount of hate that Gasol has received for what he has given this franchise. Pathetic.

rhd420
01-12-2015, 04:54 PM
No appreciation for what Gasol did for us. Sad.... Gasol was always soft. I don't get why people expected him to be an enforcer. He was and will never be that type of player. He is a finesse guy. The reason he got so much hate later in his Laker career, as opposed to earlier in his Laker career, is because we didn't win titles. It's not like he wasn't soft when we were winning titles. It's pretty sad the amount of hate that Gasol has received for what he has given this franchise. Pathetic.

thank you ... nicely said
It wasn't like there was "change" in Gasol's tenure year to year with the Lakers and yet people wanted him too change, ironically now the "aggressive" Kobe Bryant now fans want him to pass more, take less shots etc ... lol

Part ways, would you as a Lakers fan appreciate a similar player in let's say Duncan now? I like Duncan's game and his evolution, it showed on and even off the court taking less to keep players. Says something about fans who wanted Gasol out because he was soft - they probably would have done so with Duncan as well so why are we complaining about Kobe not changing his attitude on and off the court, oh yeah the losses, but not complaining during the winning now were we?

royal bob
01-13-2015, 04:56 AM

Maybe this will jog your memory? Here is the highlights from game 7 of the NBA finals. If you notice, the lineup for the majority of the time is as follows....

Fish
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Gasol

Bynum was not the starter. He had missed time during the season due to injury, but had played well in stretches. If you will also notice, Gasol is anything but soft.....the bandwagon babies came up with the Gasoft BS. The fact of the matter is that Bynum played very few meaningful minutes. It wasnt until 2011 when Bynum became the starting center and Gasol was moved to the 4. He was forced to play out of his natural position, and he didnt like it. He had won 2 championships in a row, and lost his starting center position to a whiney baby. I stand by my comments, and dont appreciate revisionist history for the sake of being a know-it-all. For me....the truth is good enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqf13CnVVSo

Hangin n Wangin
01-13-2015, 01:08 PM
Maybe this will jog your memory? Here is the highlights from game 7 of the NBA finals. If you notice, the lineup for the majority of the time is as follows....

Fish
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Gasol

Bynum was not the starter. He had missed time during the season due to injury, but had played well in stretches. If you will also notice, Gasol is anything but soft.....the bandwagon babies came up with the Gasoft BS. The fact of the matter is that Bynum played very few meaningful minutes. It wasnt until 2011 when Bynum became the starting center and Gasol was moved to the 4. He was forced to play out of his natural position, and he didnt like it. He had won 2 championships in a row, and lost his starting center position to a whiney baby. I stand by my comments, and dont appreciate revisionist history for the sake of being a know-it-all. For me....the truth is good enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqf13CnVVSo

Ehhh, he was soft man. But who cares? That's just who he is and he was still ****ing good. He is a finesse player. He helped us get to three straight finals being soft. I'm all for soft number two players if they are going to take us to three straight finals and help us win two of them.

ldawg
01-14-2015, 12:00 AM
I dont think he was soft. Is he a rough player? No The dude came to work and played.

Chrisclover
01-15-2015, 07:09 AM
It's a hell of compliment. If only Kobe was 40th best now.

MickeyMgl
01-22-2015, 02:19 AM
Ehhh, he was soft man. But who cares? That's just who he is and he was still ****ing good. He is a finesse player. He helped us get to three straight finals being soft. I'm all for soft number two players if they are going to take us to three straight finals and help us win two of them.

So you would've loved Kareem.

Sssmush
01-25-2015, 11:44 PM

Sure, as long as Carmelo was 41st