PDA

View Full Version : Will the Brooklyn nets have to sell?

Bigbadmoffo
12-21-2014, 05:21 PM
I know they got a new arena and a rich owner but if you look at the position they're in. Going forward they have no picks, bad contracts, no assets and nobody wants to play in Booklyn. If you look at every team in the Nba this team has the worst potential so what will the owner do?

matnautico
12-21-2014, 05:26 PM
Its quite clear we wont win a championship with this core, so might as well trade a couple of players to avoid paying those crazy luxury tax numbers... Let the russian make some money at least

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-21-2014, 06:04 PM
Billy King probably has some moves left. He'll probably trade some future picks, past 2020 for JSmoove and jennings.

Crackadalic
12-21-2014, 06:06 PM
Worst Future in the nba

Baltoro
12-21-2014, 06:22 PM
90 million dollar luxury tax bill. Bloated contracts. No picks.

GiantsSwaGG
12-21-2014, 06:49 PM
Billy King probably has some moves left. He'll probably trade some future picks, past 2020 for JSmoove and jennings.

:laugh:

ohreally
12-21-2014, 11:48 PM
Why would no one want to play in Brooklyn?

lamzoka
12-22-2014, 12:17 AM
There are in the worst position in the NBA... They're an 8th seed at best and a first round exit with and old roster, no picks, no cap.

KG should retire already. trade Deron Williiams, Joe J and Lopez for picks and young assets.

Its gonna take at least 3-5 years to get them back to where they need to be.

SeoulBeatz
12-22-2014, 12:22 AM
Worst Future in the nba

Yup.

Billy King is quite possibly the worst GM in NBA history.

Mr.B
12-22-2014, 12:32 AM
I said this would happen the year DWill chose them over Dallas. All I kept hearing was they have a billionaire owner that will pay anything. I said it then and I'll say it now, billionaires don't get that rich by agreeing to lose millions of dollars ever year.

YashBoone
12-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Who didn't see this coming??

The Russian wanted so bad to make a splash in ny and become the "ny" team. So he started throwing money around like nobodies business in a desperate attempt to "win now".

I've seen it over and over with the Knicks. That **** just doesn't work.

I feel like their whole presence is a gimmick.

BROOKLYN.... BROOKLYN

benzni
12-22-2014, 01:18 PM
Trade everybody.

Stinkyoutsider
12-22-2014, 01:53 PM
The Nets' future is looking pretty bleak but I won't hate on them since ownership took the chance to construct a championship roster...

Vampirate
12-22-2014, 02:28 PM
Yup.

Billy King is quite possibly the worst GM in NBA history.

I don't know, Isiah Thomas might have something to say about that.

celticsman2009
12-22-2014, 03:06 PM
I hope they trade everyone, and suck because we have all their picks for the next few years. Danny Ainge trade raped them.

DoMeFavors
12-22-2014, 04:18 PM
They have a pick this year, mostly ever one of their contracts comes off the books next season. So do some research.

ohreally
12-22-2014, 09:59 PM
The current roster should be doing a lot better than it is doing, but they are not an automatic first round out. Pop just recently said they can be a monster in the playoffs.

And yes, they aren't exactly sitting pretty, but I can think of at least one other team that really has one volume shooter and absolutely nothing else, so they're not exactly in the worst position in the NBA.

Chronz
12-22-2014, 10:46 PM
Lakers are in a worse position

BBallfan8
12-22-2014, 10:48 PM
The current roster should be doing a lot better than it is doing, but they are not an automatic first round out. Pop just recently said they can be a monster in the playoffs.

And yes, they aren't exactly sitting pretty, but I can think of at least one other team that really has one volume shooter and absolutely nothing else, so they're not exactly in the worst position in the NBA.

The team you are thinking of will have a top 3 pick in this year's draft and over 30 million to spend this summer.

Nets are by far in the worst position in the NBA... They don't own their own 1st round pick until 2020 and have 60 million a year tied to three washed up third tier stars.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-23-2014, 01:03 AM
Lakers are in a worse position

haha.

Any logical explanation?

Lakers contracts expire sooner, they have more picks...what could be worse? because we have Kobe?

ohreally
12-23-2014, 11:19 PM
The team you are thinking of will have a top 3 pick in this year's draft and over 30 million to spend this summer.

Nets are by far in the worst position in the NBA... They don't own their own 1st round pick until 2020 and have 60 million a year tied to three washed up third tier stars.

The team I'm thinking about has absolutely nothing and always has an exalted future. One draft pick isn't going to help. There is no difference maker who will be available for that team this summer. All you have to do is dream.

imagesrdecievin
12-24-2014, 01:17 AM
I'm not happy with our core but Plumlee has been beasting since Lopez went down.

I also have a ton of faith in Lionel Hollins. The man can flat out coach. How about giving him a season to get his system in place before condemning our future.

jimm120
12-24-2014, 01:25 AM
Lopez went down again?

imagesrdecievin
12-24-2014, 01:57 AM
He missed about 7 games with a lower back strain.

BBallfan8
12-24-2014, 10:00 AM
The team I'm thinking about has absolutely nothing and always has an exalted future. One draft pick isn't going to help. There is no difference maker who will be available for that team this summer. All you have to do is dream.

Oh yea a clean slate for Phil Jackson sounds awful. That team will only have Melo, THJ, Calderon and a top draft pick.

I'll take that over Billy King any day. Ever since the nets got to New York all they have done is imitate what the Knicks have done before them.

ohreally
12-24-2014, 04:45 PM
Oh yea a clean slate for Phil Jackson sounds awful. That team will only have Melo, THJ, Calderon and a top draft pick.

I'll take that over Billy King any day. Ever since the nets got to New York all they have done is imitate what the Knicks have done before them.

It's an empty slate, just as Jackson's front office slate. Those three guys you mention couln't team up to spell the word "defense." The free agent pool is thin to begin with and no one is going to be offering anything for anyone on that team. But I know, all Knicks fans see the 2nd coming of Bron and Olajuwan ripe for the taking with a top pick and breasting out of the gate. No need for posts this summer, we already know, "we should be no worse than #2 in the East. We're stacked."

Knicks have a higher hill to climb than the Nets, and it's really not even close.

Tg11
12-25-2014, 01:36 PM
At this point the Nets should sell but also they should make trades too