PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams

king4day
12-20-2014, 07:55 PM
The talks have centered on sending the Nets point guard Darren Collison and forwards Derrick Williams and Jason Thompson as part of a multi-player package for Williams, league sources said.

Sacramento has significant interest with Williams, but a hurdle to a possible deal is the Kings’ desire to have center Mason Plumlee included into the package, league sources said. Brooklyn has considered Plumlee a significant part of its future core

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--kings-discussing-trade-for-deron-williams-222855172.html

king4day
12-20-2014, 07:56 PM
I can understand why the kings want plumlee added but if he must be included, BKN needs to look elsewhere

xxplayerxx23
12-20-2014, 08:06 PM
Wow, is deron a big upgrade over collision anymore?

North Yorker
12-20-2014, 08:08 PM
Interesting deal for sure.

Would essentially be locked into the Deron/Gay/Cousins core for the next 3-4 years. That team may be able to crack the playoffs in the future if they got a good supporting cast and coach.

nycericanguy
12-20-2014, 08:32 PM
crazy that Collison has actually been better than Dwil this year, and DWil got off to a great start, he's been trash in DEC... 12ppg on 32% shooting.

I think SAC is right to ask for Plumlee for taking Dwil's contract.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2014, 08:59 PM
I would be VERY VERY VERY upset if this happens, I would watch a lot of Kings games because Deron is my fav player. Kings fans you will be getting a great player.

Sadds The Gr8
12-20-2014, 09:07 PM
I would be VERY VERY VERY upset if this happens, I would watch a lot of Kings games because Deron is my fav player. Kings fans you will be getting a great player.
Is it year 2008?

Ariza's Better
12-20-2014, 09:08 PM
What are the Kings doing? Honestly.

Wade n Fade
12-20-2014, 09:09 PM
I honestly don't know why anyone would want D-Will. 2016 is the new contest and taking on a contract beyond 2016 is dumb.

naps
12-20-2014, 09:14 PM

Great player? He has been a trash ever since he arrived in New Jersey. He is a burden now. None should be dumb enough to take him unless he is attached with another good player.

JLynn943
12-20-2014, 09:21 PM
Why??? :bang::puke:

RLundi
12-20-2014, 09:22 PM
Deron Williams is a sexy name and all that, but tbh he sucks, not a big upgrade over Collison.

All this bears the question: was D-Will EVER good? Does he owe all his money to Jerry Sloan? It seems laughable now that there was a thought that he was better than Chris Paul.

DoMeFavors
12-20-2014, 09:30 PM
Great player? He has been a trash ever since he arrived in New Jersey. He is a burden now. None should be dumb enough to take him unless he is attached with another good player.

he was an all star one yr here, and 2 years ago went on to average from all star break like 22 and 10. Stop hating

Crackadalic
12-20-2014, 11:00 PM
Collison is better than Williams lol dafaq?

Kings doing something stupid once again

TrueFan420
12-20-2014, 11:10 PM
It's def a gamble on their part but they must be hoping he can find his form playing next to boggie and the improved gay. Prob is they dropped their coach who's had them playing great before boogies injury. They need to get a better coach if they're trying to win now and make a gamble like this. Plumlee is a must as well. He'd fit nicely next to boggie.

kobe4thewinbang
12-20-2014, 11:23 PM
Collison this season > D-Will post Utah Jazz

DoMeFavors
12-21-2014, 02:29 AM
Cousins,Gay,Deron IS a playoff team in WEST, and yall would be trippin if you had them in a series.

DemarDerozan
12-21-2014, 02:33 AM
The Kings went from a possible playoff team who could compete in 2-3 years for a title... To the laughing stock of the western conference. Pretty much overnight. The Mike Malone firing will trigger a downward spiral of ****.

DemarDerozan
12-21-2014, 02:36 AM
The Kings just cost me 42.40. They were one of my five league pass teams. But since their FO went berserker early 2000's Knicks on us... I decided to go for the premium package. Because Kings games will just be depressing from here on in.

bleedprple&gold
12-21-2014, 03:28 AM
Dumb trade for Sac. D-Will isn't that good anymore and Collison is arguably better at 1/4 the cost.

PurpleLynch
12-21-2014, 08:27 AM
I think Collison is better now than D-Will,plus he's younger. Useless or even bad trade if this happen.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-21-2014, 08:44 AM
Its just a domino effect. First Rondo then Brewer. All west teams trying one up the other now for upgrades. But this deal isn't really much of a upgrade. Kings be losing depth trading a bunch of players for a washed up Deron. But the Nets need to start breaking up their old core.

Pain of the ets
12-21-2014, 09:31 AM
Deron has been good this season
When he's playing point
It's Hollins weird obsession playing Jack with him and having Williams play off the ball
I really feel he will be excellent on the Kings
I have watch every single Net game since he's been here and the only issue I have with Deron is the way he finishes games
He's not as bad as everyone thinks

KINGOFSPORTS
12-21-2014, 09:33 AM
haha D Will suks

Kyben36
12-21-2014, 09:41 AM
i dont get this move from the kings side, sorry, but i would take Darren Collision over Deron Williams right now.

Goose17
12-21-2014, 09:54 AM
Like many have said, right now Collision is clearly the better point guard.

This only makes sense if they're tanking and hoping D-Will ends up injured again... or if the front office hasn't been watching the NBA since 2010.

Cal827
12-21-2014, 10:46 AM
Like many have said, right now Collision is clearly the better point guard.

This only makes sense if they're tanking and hoping D-Will ends up injured again... or if the front office hasn't been watching the NBA since 2010.

Well, that would explain their interest in Josh Smith :laugh2:

likemystylez
12-21-2014, 11:31 AM
I can understand why the kings want plumlee added but if he must be included, BKN needs to look elsewhere

if the kings want plumlee- nets should ask for cousins

koreancabbage
12-21-2014, 12:41 PM
is Sacramento watching old game films from 2006-2010

Josh Smith and now Deron Williams?

The once bright future of the NBA stars turned garbage waste heaps (please take them off our hands - we'll give you draft picks/ young promising players to take them off our hands because we were so dumb to trust these guys to become more than who they were)

bleedprple&gold
12-21-2014, 02:11 PM
is Sacramento watching old game films from 2006-2010

Josh Smith and now Deron Williams?

The once bright future of the NBA stars turned garbage waste heaps (please take them off our hands - we'll give you draft picks/ young promising players to take them off our hands because we were so dumb to trust these guys to become more than who they were)

Well it did work for them with Rudy Gay but this is taking it a little too far.

Vampirate
12-21-2014, 02:15 PM
Well it did work for them with Rudy Gay but this is taking it a little too far.

The difference might be that Rudy needed to change his mentality, i'm not sure what Deron needs to do to increase his performance.

GodsSon
12-21-2014, 02:48 PM
Ranadive is ruining that team.

More-Than-Most
12-21-2014, 03:20 PM

If they went back to 08 then sure... he has been trash forever now

Baltoro
12-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Vivek ranadive!

Mr.B
12-21-2014, 03:35 PM
Personally I think this would be a great trade for the Kings. I think the problem with DWill is that Brooklyn (the city not the team) is too big for him. He can't handle all of the distractions that come with living/playing in a big market.

When he was in Utah there was not really much to do except work on his game and work on his body. Not many distractions in Utah compared to Brooklyn. If he ends up going to Sacramento he will be in a similar situation as he was in Utah. He won't have all of the distractions and can once again focus on his game and his body.

Just three years ago he was being put in the same breath as Chris Paul as the two best young PG's in the game. He hasn't suffered any major injuries to change the way he plays the game so if he can get to a team/city like Sacramento I think he can get back to being close to where he was in Utah. You pair that with Cousins and Rudy Gay and that team could make some noise in the West. I would definitely like to see that team coached by Mullins.

curtcocaine
12-21-2014, 03:46 PM
Personally I think this would be a great trade for the Kings. I think the problem with DWill is that Brooklyn (the city not the team) is too big for him. He can't handle all of the distractions that come with living/playing in a big market.

When he was in Utah there was not really much to do except work on his game and work on his body. Not many distractions in Utah compared to Brooklyn. If he ends up going to Sacramento he will be in a similar situation as he was in Utah. He won't have all of the distractions and can once again focus on his game and his body.

Just three years ago he was being put in the same breath as Chris Paul as the two best young PG's in the game. He hasn't suffered any major injuries to change the way he plays the game so if he can get to a team/city like Sacramento I think he can get back to being close to where he was in Utah. You pair that with Cousins and Rudy Gay and that team could make some noise in the West. I would definitely like to see that team coached by Mullins.
Sac go hard breh we gets hyphy out here what you means bro lol

JasonJohnHorn
12-21-2014, 07:34 PM

Which is why they want Plumblee in the deal.

That said, I think with youthful talent and a new system, and no bad history with the franchise, D-Will could contribute, though I don't think he will ever be worth the money they are paying him. Unless of course the Kings hire Jerry Sloan to coach and move Corbin back to assistant. Corbin did coahc under Sloan and with D-Will, so he may know how to get that done himself.

bucketss
12-21-2014, 09:52 PM
deron should have signed with the mavs when he had the chance.

Sactown
12-21-2014, 10:01 PM
Hard to shake the blues when you're reading bad news everyday .. I should at the devil I course the Lord. Alll of my problems seem to be melting away ..

xxplayerxx23
12-22-2014, 01:01 AM
deron should have signed with the mavs when he had the chance.

Bet the mavs are glad he didnt

SteBO
12-22-2014, 02:46 PM
So are we just at the point where we can all safely admit that Jerry Sloan was the greatest thing to have ever happened to him? I don't think injuries alone is the cause of D-Wills fall out of the top PG's in the league discussion. Quite frankly, I wouldn't bother if I were Sacramento.....

bleedprple&gold
12-22-2014, 04:55 PM
The difference might be that Rudy needed to change his mentality, i'm not sure what Deron needs to do to increase his performance.

I don't think there's much he can do. He's at that age where players only start to get worse, not better.

Goose17
12-22-2014, 07:40 PM
I wonder how Cousins feels about all this.