PDA

View Full Version : Mitch, stop trying to hit the homerun!!!a few small moves & we're back in it...

RaiderLakerz1
12-19-2014, 12:30 PM
Seeing that the Hornets are trying to give him away, why aren't we pursuing this one.
We can offer Lin.

2nd, we should still make a move for Jeff Green
We can offer Nash contract & our 1st from Houston

Price/Clarkson
Stephenson/ Young/ Ellington
Kobe/ Johnson/
Green/ Davis/ Boozer/ Kelly
Hill/ Sacre

or

Stephenson/ Price/ Clarkson
Kobe/ Young/ Ellington
Green/ Johnson
Davis/ Boozer/ Kelly
Hill/ Sacre
*Randle

I still think we could package Hill to get a rim protecter in Hibbert or Asik
Cut Boozer, Sign K. Martin
or use our exception for Chalmers giving us something like this

Chalmers/ Russ Smith/ Clarkson
Stephenson/ Young
Kobe/ Johnson/Salmons
Green/ Davis/*Randle
Asik/ K.Martin

This is more of a B.Scott team... Defensive & chippy

jerellh528
12-19-2014, 12:47 PM
Still wouldn't be "in it". We won't be in it for at least 2 years, I see us contending the year following 2016 free agency.

RaiderLakerz1
12-19-2014, 01:02 PM
i think the additions would make us instantly better just in Chalmers, Stephenson, & Martin... Just cut Boozer... We lack toughness...

Chalmers/ Price/ Clarkson
Stephenson/ Young/ Ellington
Kobe/ Johnson
Davis/ Kelly/ *Randle
Hill/ K. Martin/ Sacre

Avenged
12-19-2014, 01:06 PM
Ha all that talent for our below d league players

parr4
12-19-2014, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't cut Boozer. His game is getting better coming off the bench. PF is not the problem. The problem is PG & SF. I have posted 2 articles in the trade sticky about Brandon Jennings & Josh Simth are on the block, & Detroit wants a PG, Pick, & cap space to sign Monroe. Offer them Lin, Nash, & Houstons first:

Jennings/Price/Clarkson
Kobe/Swag/ Ellington
Smith/Johnson
Davis/Boozer/TRex/Kelly
Hill/Sacre

RaiderLakerz1
12-19-2014, 01:39 PM
i just like Chalmers for our trade exception because again he can DEFEND, hit an open shot, & does not need the ball in his hand ala D- Fish... K.Mart would give us that hard foul every now & then in the paint & he's played with B. Scott before & we can probably get him for vet min. & i honestly think we can steal Stephenson for Lin & maybe Kelly... U can wait till the trade deadline & package Hill & get Hibbert who just needs a change of scenery... now u have a team that looks a lot more attractive to free agents, not to mention you have a young player in Randle coming back next year...

lakerfan85
12-19-2014, 02:03 PM
HaHa.. Mitch hitting a homerun never happens..

Lakersfan2483
12-19-2014, 02:20 PM
You would think the Lakers would do something to get better, but that doesn't fall into the "so-called" plan. Who knows what their plans are, I don't think they know.... It's time for new ownership.

rhd420
12-19-2014, 02:42 PM
HaHa.. Mitch hitting a homerun never happens..

Pau Gasol, Trevor Ariza ... ??? No championships after Jerry West left

Still wouldn't be "in it". We won't be in it for at least 2 years, I see us contending the year following 2016 free agency.

Agreed with the statement - but then again this is a Lakers fan base years ago were happy and then upset when the acquired Ramon Sessions. Your damned if you do, damned if you don't ... You know what the plan is, it was the same plan last year - the same plan this year, the same plan next year and every year Kobe remains a Laker, save money - market Kobe, show some attempt at improvement (Melo - trade for Rondo), repeat -

By the way, if your ownership and your making this much money via Time Warner, you as a fan can not make a ownership group sell - and even with Sterling, look how much of a lesson that taught him lol

By the way, every fan board is and should be littered with these post - a few days later, it will be Mitch, go after Kevin Durant, Mitch go after draft picks - if that doesn't work, damn it it was the front office

We as fans created the environment for Kobe to dominate this Lakers market and management at ALL COST will market and appease those fans within reason. If Kobe will not (and nor he should) take a pay cut to help the franchise, it is still in the best interest of the team to give Kobe what he wants and even looking at those free agents - if you were Kobe, would you take a pay cut for those players who are tier b or c and overpay literally your salary for, I wouldn't so I should expect Kobe to do so?

Time to have a dose of reality

ldawg
12-19-2014, 03:03 PM
Pau Gasol, Trevor Ariza ... ??? No championships after Jerry West left

Agreed with the statement - but then again this is a Lakers fan base years ago were happy and then upset when the acquired Ramon Sessions. Your damned if you do, damned if you don't ... You know what the plan is, it was the same plan last year - the same plan this year, the same plan next year and every year Kobe remains a Laker, save money - market Kobe, show some attempt at improvement (Melo - trade for Rondo), repeat -

By the way, if your ownership and your making this much money via Time Warner, you as a fan can not make a ownership group sell - and even with Sterling, look how much of a lesson that taught him lol

By the way, every fan board is and should be littered with these post - a few days later, it will be Mitch, go after Kevin Durant, Mitch go after draft picks - if that doesn't work, damn it it was the front office

We as fans created the environment for Kobe to dominate this Lakers market and management at ALL COST will market and appease those fans within reason. If Kobe will not (and nor he should) take a pay cut to help the franchise, it is still in the best interest of the team to give Kobe what he wants and even looking at those free agents - if you were Kobe, would you take a pay cut for those players who are tier b or c and overpay literally your salary for, I wouldn't so I should expect Kobe to do so?

Time to have a dose of realityNot me i am one of those who wish he got traded to New York. you guys are the one who keep dreaming of other team players. Aka 2016 plan. As for pay cut because Kobe wont do that thats exactly why you move him or force him to accept less. And no its not in the best interest of the team to give Kobe what he wants. Free agents were there they did not want to play for the Lakers and a aged Star who dominate the ball.

rhd420
12-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Not me i am one of those who wish he got traded to New York. you guys are the one who keep dreaming of other team players. Aka 2016 plan. As for pay cut because Kobe wont do that thats exactly why you move him or force him to accept less. And no its not in the best interest of the team to give Kobe what he wants. Free agents were there they did not want to play for the Lakers and a aged Star who dominate the ball.

great revisionist history LDawg, but as I said man on another thread, your the minority. There are very limited "Superstars" that a franchise can hang their hat on - especially one who has played, won titles and to a point, no matter what he did be it take more money or off court issues, fans have not only tolerated but celebrated more than Kobe

No matter what, you want to blame Kobe for being Kobe? What you want to blame Lakers management for doing what they did? Look at the Celtics, who is their "star" Sullinger - ? How about Minnesota - "Wiggins or Rubio" - how about a good team like the Grizzlies - "Zbo or Conley"? Star driven league created by fans - Kobe bigger in name, recognition an accomplishments combined than any other those names mentioned and add a few more if you wish

Run him till the damn tires fall off the car - it truly is best for business

kobe4thewinbang
12-21-2014, 12:24 AM
Mitch must be senile. Jordan f'ing Hill, Nash and a pick for RONDO *AND* Green?

RaiderLakerz1
12-21-2014, 01:31 AM
Jordan Hill is not eligible to be traded till January... A few of our players aren't eligible till this week.

Laker Legend42
12-21-2014, 03:05 AM
The lakers are doing the same thing they did last year. They can't admit to tanking but they won't try to improve the team or fill the empty roster spots. So we're not tanking we are just going into every game undermaned.

mOrphosis
12-21-2014, 03:21 AM
Ya...you guys go on ahead. I am waiting for the tank.

Chavacano
12-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Go tell, 'em.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-21-2014, 10:20 AM
there is no trade to help this team.

its gonna be a long looong winter

ldawg
12-21-2014, 10:37 AM
They were hoping Rhondo...LOL a bad fit Rhondo needed shooters something Laker lack. Rhondo best choice was Dallas.

handle
12-21-2014, 12:00 PM
Mtich's only hope is that another GM comes to his rescue again, with another Gasol-like offer. Then the sheep will call him a genius again.

Laker Legend42
12-21-2014, 07:10 PM
Mtich's only hope is that another GM comes to his rescue again, with another Gasol-like offer. Then the sheep will call him a genius again.

I've always felt that Mitch has received some unearned praise as well as some undeserved blame. No one really knows how much power he has. He may have to get an okay from jim on every deal. It seems like he sat playing with a rubics cube when jerry west was trying to teach him.

Lakers4Dynasty
12-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Have not posted sense Howard days, number one Kobe is averaging 20 shots a game, he's shooting 37%...FG
Kobe the greatest ever.. now please tell me idc who's on the Team, Durant could be on this team or LeBron... if you are shooting that bad forget about winning... if im Kobe's teammate im thinking to my Self he cant get it done anymore.. I been watching the games, Lakers could have won more and around .500 if it wasn't for Kobes trying to take over games late in the game, takes all the teammates out of Rhythm, I don't see Lakers Contending until year after 2016 Season... My Plan would be Throw the MAX offer for Lillard and Durant and hello back to the championship.. If I was Lakers Management I would get the foundation ready for that year.. Durant+Lillard=Championship those 2 players have the killer instinct, then id sing Kobe for 3 year deal... Hope he Gets one or 2 more rings.. Kobe can be the 3rd Option on a contending team.. for sure best Big3 to form... Lakers Must do whatever it Takes to get Durant 2016+ Lillard and a Decent Center that's all.. I Might be Dreaming

*But we do have A lot of Cap Space.. 2015 and 16
*NBA Players know Kobe can still play but not as 1 or 2 option..Durant knows this
*Lillard is going to be the Best PG in the NBA 2016 he will turn down the Qualifying offer then we throw the MAX even if they match I don't think they have enough money to do so..
* new Westbrook+Durant= Lillard 0+ Durant 35= best 1 2 punch sense Kobe Shaq days..
*2016 plan...Get Decent Center...Durant...Sign Kobe...Get PG Lillard or a up coming PG... Decent bench

MickeyMgl
12-22-2014, 01:38 AM
Good example of having a good point of view and taking it too far. Yes, the Lakers are too fixated on hitting a homerun while passing up opportunities to build a team with smaller moves. However, ultimately, they're not going to be all the way "back in it" until they either get a significant free agent or one of their draft picks blossoms into something very special.

Unfortunately, the last couple of seasons the Lakers have put all their chips in on unrealistic free agents, and left themselves with no other options while the talent level decays year by year. You can make the small moves now and improve the chances for a big one later. In fact, that usually works better. Right now, there's nothing to come to.

But this team is not "a few small moves" away. I mean, that's absurd. This team is years away, even with a competent Basketball Ops guy, which they don't currently have.

MickeyMgl
12-22-2014, 01:39 AM
They were hoping Rhondo...LOL a bad fit Rhondo needed shooters something Laker lack.

The Lakers lack everything.

mufridaz
12-22-2014, 02:47 AM
Garcia got waived by Houston if we need a shooter....could at least put him with nick young on bench mobs and space the floor a little.

mufridaz
12-22-2014, 02:48 AM
earl clark would of been upgrade to wes Johnson for vet min we passed...not spectacular nothing special but a solid defender that when with us for spurts did show he could hit some outside shots and is a tall SF.

mufridaz
12-22-2014, 02:54 AM
small moves...charlotte wants to practically give away lance Stevenson where have we been?

warriors are practically giving away david lee....they also have iggudola who has a 10 per who has 3 more years and is a bench scrub on that team they have to unload some salary and with bogut out they need a C.

if they want Jordan hill I would be asking for iggudola and their very tall PG that is a backup. Maybe they take Jeremy lin and Jordan hill and Kelly for iggudola and that tall like 6'6 skinny backup pg.

Detroit wants to get rid of Monroe we need a C we have tons of pf to get rid oh maybe Jordan hill.

Houston needs a PF again Jordan hill

We have an expiring in nash and lin we could take on potential salary next year for picks with nash and lin is worth a 2nd rounder.

Jimmy buttler is having a career year in Chicago but he's a free agent and they will not be able to afford him. Maybe they take lin and wes Johnson and a pick if rose is hurt most of the regular season or loose loosing jimmy for nothing.

mufridaz
12-22-2014, 03:06 AM
shawn Livingston that's who I was thinking of and iggudola for lin and j.hill + maybe a future pick. since iggudola is playing so bad and still has 2 more years remaining we should be able to get something out of the deal.

maybe throw in Kelly for Brandon rush while their at it. Brandon is playing horrible but he could be a kobe backup if he gets back to form

Pg shawn Livingston/clarkson
sg kobe/Brandon rush
sf iggudola/swaggy p
pf ed davis/Julius randle
c sacre/okafur via draft?

Or if we even just got iggudola and not a PG iggudola could play point on this team with kobe. And then get stephson to play SF.

Maybe we could help Houston and nets do a trade for deron Williams and somehow get exum out of the deal on the cheap. have exum/randle/okafur be our future and let stephson and iggudola help kobe a few years.

if not iggudola try to get Patrick Beverly from Houston or one of 3 pg's from suns dragic/Bledsoe/Isaiah Thomas(who we could of got for cheap and didn't try 4 years 27 mil); though I would prefer a taller pg than Thomas...

Minnesota has a nice center in pecovic if we are in win now mode next year. we would still have to find a pg and sf though. koufus from Memphis; Monroe in Detroit. etc. Maybe even an al Jefferson in charlotte if we get lance throw in al Jefferson too maybe for nash and Kelly and j.hill and 2nd rounder. idk options are endless.

bulldog2683
12-22-2014, 03:12 AM
After watching the Lakers live for the first time this season today. I have to say that they look very disorganized, uncoordinated, yada yada yada. Kobe needs to involve everyone :(