PDA

View Full Version : Reports :Lakers offer Celtics Nash and picks for Rondo

nickdymez
12-18-2014, 03:15 PM
I'm on my phone, I'll post the link when I'm at my desk. Someone else can post In the meantime. Discuss.

nickdymez
12-18-2014, 03:16 PM
Report: Lakers Offer Nash to Celtics for Rondo

mngopher35
12-18-2014, 03:18 PM
On my phone too but I heard this on espn. I'm not sure I get it with where they are at right now.

Sactown
12-18-2014, 03:20 PM
On my phone too but I heard this on espn. I'm not sure I get it with where they are at right now.
doesn't make sense for Boston, totally makes sense for La.

Only way it makes sense if they include a 1st rounder, and it kind of makes sense since LA is 8 wins so far and is probably going to land in that 8-12 range in the draft. Not sure I'd do it though

Hawkeye15
12-18-2014, 03:24 PM
I hope it happens, as someone who would like to see the Laker misery last as long as possible.

mngopher35
12-18-2014, 03:25 PM
doesn't make sense for Boston, totally makes sense for La.

Only way it makes sense if they include a 1st rounder, and it kind of makes sense since LA is 8 wins so far and is probably going to land in that 8-12 range in the draft. Not sure I'd do it though

Well my assumption is firsts, otherwise ya no way Boston does it.

Why would the lakers trade more picks though and play themselves out of possibly getting theirs this year (top 5 protected I believe). Then you have to sign him in the off season anyways eating cap for the future as well on an aging pg.

I guess they can try and compete with rondo but playoffs just seem so out of reach this year. Wait until fa and try to sign him if they want.

Sactown
12-18-2014, 03:28 PM
Well my assumption is firsts, otherwise ya no way Boston does it.

Why would the lakers trade more picks though and play themselves out of possibly getting theirs this year (top 5 protected I believe). Then you have to sign him in the off season anyways eating cap for the future as well on an aging pg.

I guess they can try and compete with rondo but playoffs just seem so out of reach this year. Wait until fa and try to sign him if they want.

Yeah, unfortunately LA receives more pressure to achieve excellence than about any other franchise, and with the son promising success in the near future, (as soon as this season I believe? + inexperience and pressure to succed), I could easily see them offering Boston a top 5 protected pick and Nash for Rondo.. If I'm boston i'd probably pull the trigger, with Rondo and Kobe I could see LA in the 7-12 range.

xxplayerxx23
12-18-2014, 03:35 PM
Lol LA has lost it. Rondo is average, he doesn't fit with Kobe and it makes them better to ruin their pick. Now they don't get their pick this year and have to spend a max on him next year. Hope it happens

mngopher35
12-18-2014, 03:38 PM
Yeah, unfortunately LA receives more pressure to achieve excellence than about any other franchise, and with the son promising success in the near future, (as soon as this season I believe? + inexperience and pressure to succed), I could easily see them offering Boston a top 5 protected pick and Nash for Rondo.. If I'm boston i'd probably pull the trigger, with Rondo and Kobe I could see LA in the 7-12 range.

Ya I can see the pressure of being the lakers as part of it. I am saying looking at the future I'm not sure this helps and right now I don't think they make the playoffs with this move.

Right now they owe phx their pick if it falls out of the top 5. Then they owe Orlando their pick two years after. They do have Houston's pick so maybe it is just that and a second? I wouldn't offer Houston's pick and another future first if I'm them though they can't keep trading those IMO. Especially to get someone they can maybe sign this off season if they really want him.

Sactown
12-18-2014, 03:43 PM
Ya I can see the pressure of being the lakers as part of it. I am saying looking at the future I'm not sure this helps and right now I don't think they make the playoffs with this move.

Right now they owe phx their pick if it falls out of the top 5. Then they owe Orlando their pick two years after. They do have Houston's pick so maybe it is just that and a second? I wouldn't offer Houston's pick and another future first if I'm them though they can't keep trading those IMO. Especially to get someone they can maybe sign this off season if they really want him.

I don't think he'll be available this off season I think he'll be dealt to one of his preferred destinations and will sign their.. I also agree, I don't think this is the move of a man who is cool under pressure and understands that this roster needs a complete rebuild which could take 2-4 years.

This is a man who signed Kobe for 24 mil a year and talks about competing as if it's right around the corner.. I wouldn't be surprised if they sold their future for some short term success. I do believe they believe they will be able to retool in free agency.

PurpleJesus
12-18-2014, 03:46 PM
Rondo is a beast! he just needs KG, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Doc Rivers type talent around him.

Tony_Starks
12-18-2014, 03:48 PM
Kobe and Rondo would be sick. They've been talking about playing together for a minute. Wonder if Rondo is asking Ainge to make it happen. Lakers have Lin contract, Nash contract, Houston's pick. Celtics can pull a Philadelphia....

mngopher35
12-18-2014, 03:52 PM
Ya if he does resign with that team so be it at least you still have future asset and a young player to help the rebuild.

Overall I agree with your assessment though. Part of the issue also is that rondo cuts into that extra money for fa and IMO he's likely to get overpaid a bit too. Why use assets to get a pg you might have a chance at anyways and likely will be overpaying either way. Right now they are set to have a ton of space going into 2016, do they really want to lose the opportunity for cheap talent (and maybe a great pick this yr) to have rondo on the books for 10 plus million then?

Sactown
12-18-2014, 03:53 PM
Ya if he does resign with that team so be it at least you still have future asset and a young player to help the rebuild.

Overall I agree with your assessment though. Part of the issue also is that rondo cuts into that extra money for fa and IMO he's likely to get overpaid a bit too. Why use assets to get a pg you might have a chance at anyways and likely will be overpaying either way. Right now they are set to have a ton of space going into 2016, do they really want to lose the opportunity for cheap talent (and maybe a great pick this yr) to have rondo on the books for 10 plus million then?

Me personally? Absolutely not, A guy who promised to resign if they don't show success in the next year or two? probably

ghettosean
12-18-2014, 03:53 PM
I hope for Laker fans that there is no truth to this... The move makes no sense for LA they should go full tank with how they have started the season thus far. If they improve they are going to live in mediocrity for a lot longer.

mngopher35
12-18-2014, 03:59 PM
Me personally? Absolutely not, A guy who promised to resign if they don't show success in the next year or two? probably

Yup, I can see that as the main factor too.

TrueFan420
12-18-2014, 04:11 PM
Hahah can't wait to see what happens

PurpleLynch
12-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Well,this move won't be good for us unless we load this team with shooters and a really good center.
Rondo is an assists machine and a good defender,but his shooting from everywhere including the free throw line is HORRENDOUS. So I'm not this happy if this is real. But at least it should be fun...

rhd420
12-18-2014, 04:14 PM
I hope it happens, as someone who would like to see the Laker misery last as long as possible.

:mad: C'mon Houston, step up damn it!!!!
Let me see - they couldn't convince Dwight Howard to resign, Pau Gasol couldn't leave fast enough and now your giving the Celtics draft picks to rebuild quicker AND Rondo could leave and pick his team after the season which leaves the Lakers with nothing. Sort of reminds me of Lester with Boston going to the A's and then signing with the Cubs ... OR Howard with the Lakers.

smith&wesson
12-18-2014, 04:16 PM
Imo if the lakers land Rondo, they will get green as well, and then most likely will go after monroe.

Rondo-Lin
Kobe-Young
Green-
Monroe-Boozer
Hill

bench depth: Randle, Ed Davis, Wes Johnson, Price, Henry, Sacre

I imagine some of those young guys will be included in any trades. If Lakers want to revamp and try to compete with kobe.. Rondo, Green, and Monroe would be good targets for them.

smith&wesson
12-18-2014, 04:18 PM
Well,this move won't be good for us unless we load this team with shooters and a really good center.
Rondo is an assists machine and a good defender,but his shooting from everywhere including the free throw line is HORRENDOUS. So I'm not this happy if this is real. But at least it should be fun...

youre kidding right ? Rondo-Kobe back court would be perfect. One guy loves to shoot, the other guy loves to pass. both play hard nose D. I dont know how or why you think they wouldnt be a good fit.

KingstonHawke
12-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Hate that the Lakers are so in denial. Kobe and Rondo don't even make a great pair. Kobe can play off the ball, but Rondo can't at all. So when Kobe get's hot, all you'd have to do is double off of Rondo's man.

I'd much rather they traded Kobe to the Knicks for Stoudmire, Hardaway, Larkin, and Early. I'd even fight to try to fight for the Knicks 1st. Mundaiy/Larkin, Hardaway, Early/Young, Randle, and Monroe... that'd be a HELL of a young core if it worked out that way. And they'd have money to burn.

As far as the Knicks. They may not salvage this season. But they can make it respectable. Win around 35 games, and show enough progress in the triangle that Fisher being coach doesn't become an issue. People forget that this is a business, but the economic impact of bringing Kobe to MSG along side Melo... money would rain, and ring chasers would sign for the low.

Sactown
12-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Imo if the lakers land Rondo, they will get green as well, and then most likely will go after monroe.

Rondo-Lin
Kobe-Young
Green-
Monroe-Boozer
Hill

I imagine some of those young guys will be included in any trades. If Lakers want to revamp and try to compete with kobe.. Rondo, Green, and Monroe would be good targets for them.

They don't have the talent to pull these trades off, Green isn't some garbage player Boston will throw in a trade for cap purposes and Monroe is on another roster who will field better offers than LA is able to hand out.. you can only trade so many draft picks.

This isn't NBA2k15 slow down gunslinger

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Lol why? He's a FA after this year. Just wait for him in the offseason and sign him outright.

JasonJohnHorn
12-18-2014, 04:29 PM
Ainge: Are you on crack?
Mitch: What? The Grizz gave me Pau for Kwambe Brown.
Ainge: *Silence.*
Mitch: Is that a no?

Tony_Starks
12-18-2014, 04:30 PM

Rondo-Lin
Kobe-Young
Green-
Monroe-Boozer
Hill

They don't have the talent to pull these trades off, Green isn't some garbage player Boston will throw in a trade for cap purposes and Monroe is on another roster who will field better offers than LA is able to hand out.. you can only trade so many draft picks.

Celtics have been shopping green for a while, I'm pretty sure he'll be apart of any Rondo deal.Lakers would probably have to throw in Hill though ?

smith&wesson
12-18-2014, 04:32 PM

If the Lakers are trying to revamp the roster by adding talent around Kobe in his last two seasons, these available players would be good targets.

Its been rumoured that Boston is trying to move Green along with Rondo and are looking for a pick in return for him.

Detroit is in a position where they have to move Monroes contract or lose him for nothing in the offseason. Likely will move him for a pick as well.

Also, Im not a Laker fan. If im going to make 2k15 trades they would likey be for my raptors. But your coy comment was cute any how.

Sactown
12-18-2014, 04:33 PM
Celtics have been shopping green for a while, I'm pretty sure he'll be apart of any Rondo deal.Lakers would probably have to throw in Hill though ?

I imagine it will take more than a protected first and Nash to land Rondo and Green.. I do think Green is valuable enough that Boston feels confident that they would be able to move him for a separate deal..

smith&wesson
12-18-2014, 04:33 PM

Alot of people are forgetting abut Randle, most teams would likely want him as he is a young player full of potential. He could def be included in packages as well. I agree, Hill is a player alot of teams would persue any how as he is having a break out season.

numba1CHANGsta
12-18-2014, 04:34 PM
My sources tell me that Rajon Rondo is NOT black via Chris Broussard

smith&wesson
12-18-2014, 04:34 PM
I imagine it will take more than a protected first and Nash to land Rondo and Green.. I do think Green is valuable enough that Boston feels confident that they would be able to move him for a separate deal..

lakers could include someone like Randle.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2014, 04:35 PM
Why would you make the same thread twice?

Sactown
12-18-2014, 04:38 PM
lakers could include someone like Randle.

I imagine that would get it done.

I can't imagine the Lakers giving up on a potential stud though.

smith&wesson
12-18-2014, 04:38 PM

Boston wants a first round pick for green. http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/celtics-also-shopping-jeff-green-want-first-round-pick-334035.html

2-ONE-5
12-18-2014, 04:39 PM

Rondo-Lin
Kobe-Young
Green-
Monroe-Boozer
Hill

lol yea bcuz the Lakers have the assets to trade for both Rondo and Monroe

smith&wesson
12-18-2014, 04:40 PM
Lol why? He's a FA after this year. Just wait for him in the offseason and sign him outright.

kobe has 1-2 years left. If they are getting talent to play along side him, now is the time.

Most people think the lakers are crazy, and im one of them. But if they want to try and compete with kobe on his last legs, the I understand why they are trying to get some better players. may set them back, but they dont seem to concerned.

Daze9900
12-18-2014, 04:41 PM
Lol LA has lost it. Rondo is average, he doesn't fit with Kobe and it makes them better to ruin their pick. Now they don't get their pick this year and have to spend a max on him next year. Hope it happens

U Buggin How doesn't he fit with Kobe? Rondo is content with trying to get his triple double on a nightly basis with only putting 10 points on the board. He won't mind Kobe jacking up shots if he's getting his assists. Also would help LA in transition and team defense and rebounding. He don't fit with Kobe but Knicks in the mix as well in talks. You be the first person cheering if he came to NY and u think he would not fit with Kob but would fit with Melo? Rondo should be in his prime for the next 3 years barring injury. It's a big if given his history but he's worth a gamble for the next two years for any team.

smith&wesson
12-18-2014, 04:41 PM
lol yea bcuz the Lakers have the assets to trade for both Rondo and Monroe

Detroit doesnt have much leverage in trades for Monroe. They could get a pick for him, maybe a young prospect player. or they can always just lose him for nothing at the end of the season. Who ever trades for Monroe will not be giving up much. Again the pistsons have no leverage.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2014, 04:42 PM
kobe has 1-2 years left. If they are getting talent to play along side him, now is the time.

Most people think the lakers are crazy, and im one of them. But if they want to try and compete with kobe on his last legs, the I understand why they are trying to get some better players. may set them back, but they dont seem to concerned.

With or without him this year doesn't change anything. They will suck regardless.

ThuglifeJ
12-18-2014, 04:45 PM
U can laugh all u want but rondo and Kobe are two of the best competitors we've got. Put those two together that's a good core backcourt. Honestly Kobe is fit better defense wise as a SF at this point, move him to 3 and nick young at 2 for a good shooter... Hills been a stud...they won't be a joke anymore and a few more pieces makes them a good team again.

smith&wesson
12-18-2014, 04:45 PM
With or without him this year doesn't change anything. They will suck regardless.

so they shouldnt try ? Im sorry, but if the lakers want to keep kobe they have to get better players around him. weather you think its a smart move or not is pretty much irrelevent.

a smart move would have been to not resign kobe for 24 million in the first place, knowing he is on his last legs. But since they went ahead and did that, i dont see why they shouldnt try to get more talent. What other chocie do they have ?

jerellh528
12-18-2014, 04:47 PM
Noooooooooo! Plz no!

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2014, 04:51 PM
so they shouldnt try ? Im sorry, but if the lakers want to keep kobe they have to get better players around him. weather you think its a smart move or not is pretty much irrelevent.

He's under contract. Kobe's not going anywhere anyway regardless of which players they have on the team.

a smart move would have been to not resign kobe for 24 million in the first place, knowing he is on his last legs. But since they went ahead and did that, i dont see why they shouldnt try to get more talent.

This makes no sense whatsoever. They already made a mistake and because they made that mistake, they should justify the contract they gave Kobe by making ANOTHER mistake?

What other chocie do they have ?

Sign him in the offseason while keeping the future intact as opposed to trading for him.

Aust
12-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo god I hate our FO

smith&wesson
12-18-2014, 04:58 PM
He's under contract. Kobe's not going anywhere anyway regardless of which players they have on the team.

This makes no sense whatsoever. They already made a mistake and because they made that mistake, they should justify the contract they gave Kobe by making ANOTHER mistake?

Sign him in the offseason while keeping the future intact as opposed to trading for him.

its not justifying, its the decision they made and now have to see it through. They wanted to keep kobe, yes he is under contract... for the last 2 seasons of his career. Youre not going to try and surround him with more talent to help him ?? Just let this season go by and then try to get talent around him in the last year of his career? to each his own, lets agree to disagree there.

Also, If they do trade for Rondo, Im willing to bet they will try and add other pieces as well??

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-18-2014, 04:58 PM

I'm uninviting you to my Christmas party

Sportfan
12-18-2014, 04:59 PM
Insider on another forum said "Ainge is pushing to get Randle included in Lakers package and it's a go."

"Whatever Lakers were offering for Rajon Rondo and Jeff Green - I was told Jordan Hill and a first-rounder at least - Celtics declined."

Teams are far apart, unless Kobe gets involved I doubt a trade happens

Gibby23
12-18-2014, 05:00 PM
youre kidding right ? Rondo-Kobe back court would be perfect. One guy loves to shoot, the other guy loves to pass. both play hard nose D. I dont know how or why you think they wouldnt be a good fit.

Come on... You guys just let that go? Lol

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2014, 05:03 PM
its not justifying, its the decision they made and now have to see it through. They wanted to keep kobe, yes he is under contract... for the last 2 seasons of his career. Youre not going to try and surround him with more talent to help him ?? Just let this season go by and then try to get talent around him in the last year of his career? to each his own, lets agree to disagree there.

It's strategic planning. Surrounding him with talent this year doesn't do anything.

Also, If they do trade for Rondo, Im willing to bet they will try and add other pieces as well.

Using what? That team is absolutely ugly. I'd be easier to just sign him outright and then use the picks they would have used in the trade to trade for someone else. They are better off at that point. Imagine having a high pick this year and the type of talent they could attract on top of signing Rondo outright.

2-ONE-5
12-18-2014, 05:05 PM
Detroit doesnt have much leverage in trades for Monroe. They could get a pick for him, maybe a young prospect player. or they can always just lose him for nothing at the end of the season. Who ever trades for Monroe will not be giving up much. Again the pistsons have no leverage.

doesnt mean they will except like Sacre and a 2017 pick

smith&wesson
12-18-2014, 05:08 PM
Insider on another forum said "Ainge is pushing to get Randle included in Lakers package and it's a go."

"Whatever Lakers were offering for Rajon Rondo and Jeff Green - I was told Jordan Hill and a first-rounder at least - Celtics declined."

Teams are far apart, unless Kobe gets involved I doubt a trade happens

Exactly what I thought the lakers were trying to do including randle, picks and expirings for rondo and green.

Gibby23
12-18-2014, 05:09 PM

They have all the leverage. They don't need to let him go. They have Bird rights so they can work a S&T in the offseason to allow him to get the most money he can.

smith&wesson
12-18-2014, 05:09 PM
doesnt mean they will except like Sacre and a 2017 pick

I never suggested that. But they could take on Randle, picks and expirings.

Gibby23
12-18-2014, 05:10 PM
Exactly what I thought the lakers were trying to do including randle, picks and expirings for rondo and green.

Lol... What? The Lakers didn't include Randle..

Sportfan
12-18-2014, 05:11 PM
They have all the leverage. They don't need to let him go. They have Bird rights so they can work a S&T in the offseason to allow him to get the most money he can.

That's what people said about Parsons in Houston...what happend ?

smith&wesson
12-18-2014, 05:12 PM

If you fail to trade the player you lose him. Thats not leverage. Hence why the pistons are shopping him now and trying to get something back.

2-ONE-5
12-18-2014, 05:14 PM
I never suggested that. But they could take on Randle, picks and expirings.

buy why trade the younger Randle whose under team control for 3+ years for a player that can walk after the season or that you have to pay close to a max?

smith&wesson
12-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Lol... What? The Lakers didn't include Randle..

Ainge wants Randle included if Green is also in the package. Lakers are reluctant, but if they want that package I think they have to include Randle. Why else would Boston do it.

TheIlladelph16
12-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Please do this Boston before LA realizes what a stupid trade it would be for them. I love watching a team with Kobe Bryant be barely better than the full-on tank mode 76ers.

smith&wesson
buy why trade the younger Randle whose under team control for 3+ years for a player that can walk after the season or that you have to pay close to a max?

Because Boston wants something decent back.. Randle is worth a whole lot more than Sacre.

king4day
I saw a suggestion that I thought was a decent deal.

LAL gets Rondo & Wallace
Boston gets Houston 1st, LAL 2019 1st, Nash, and Lin.

smith&wesson
12-18-2014, 05:16 PM
Please do this Boston before LA realizes what a stupid trade it would be for them. I love watching a team with Kobe Bryant be barely better than the full-on tank mode 76ers.

Atleast they arent throwing games. Wheres the pride in that.

Gibby23
12-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Ainge wants Randle included if Green is also in the package. Lakers are reluctant, but if they want that package I think they have to include Randle. Why else would Boston do it.

Thats why it won't happen. They are not trading Randle and adding Green's 10 million on top of that. They can wait to make a run at Rondo as a FA is they want him that bad. No sense in giving up assets on a player that will be a FA in a lost season. It makes sense for Dallas, not the Lakers.

Sportfan
12-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Bradley would actually be a good fit with Kobe when Rondo isn't in, he's the type of player Bradley should play next to allowing Avery to play up to his strengths.

I'd send them Sully back for Randle too.

Gibby23
12-18-2014, 05:23 PM
That's what people said about Parsons in Houston...what happend ?

Houston didn't want to do it and Dallas had to turn the offer in to start the clock. Parsons was a RFA.

TheIlladelph16
12-18-2014, 05:25 PM

Yeah, I don't think you can definitively say that. The end result is so minute that it doesn't even really matter either way.

Avenged
12-18-2014, 05:26 PM
It's become even more apparent that the Lakers are more clueless than we initially thought.

Sportfan
12-18-2014, 05:26 PM
Houston didn't want to do it and Dallas had to turn the offer in to start the clock. Parsons was a RFA.

That's what I'm saying...RFA doesn't mean Detroit has all the leverage, a team can still easily pry away Monroe and offer a contract Detroit can't afford.

Plus I thought Monroe was an RFA last year isn't he on the QO that makes him a UFA this year?

smith&wesson
12-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Thats why it won't happen. They are not trading Randle and adding Green's 10 million on top of that. They can wait to make a run at Rondo as a FA is they want him that bad. No sense in giving up assets on a player that will be a FA in a lost season. It makes sense for Dallas, not the Lakers.

I see your angle on it. I just think they want to try and get both rondo and green because they really need the talent and perhaps they view this as an opertunistic time to try to make a run at both. But if they are unwilling to part with randle, I agree, I dont see enough assets going back to boston for this deal to happen either.

ldawg
12-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Come on... You guys just let that go? LolLol i saw that to. cant tell the last time i saw kobe play D.

Gibby23
12-18-2014, 05:33 PM
That's what I'm saying...RFA doesn't mean Detroit has all the leverage, a team can still easily pry away Monroe and offer a contract Detroit can't afford.

Plus I thought Monroe was an RFA last year isn't he on the QO that makes him a UFA this year?

Yup he is a UFA, but in a S&T he gets the 5th year instead of going straight and only getting 4 years.

ClutchTime
12-18-2014, 05:34 PM
Isn't Nash hurt? He's done.

mngopher35
12-18-2014, 05:34 PM
So what would a bigger deal look like?

Nash, Lin, Randle, houston pick for Rondo, Green, Sullinger?

Celtics would be looking fantastic for a rebuilding team. I just can't see the Lakers actually giving up Randle though.

mngopher35
12-18-2014, 05:35 PM
Isn't Nash hurt? He's done.

Boston is in rebuild mode, Nash is in their to match contracts.

Gibby23
12-18-2014, 05:39 PM
Boston is in rebuild mode, Nash is in their to match contracts.

And insurance is paying his contract.

mngopher35
12-18-2014, 05:42 PM
And insurance is paying his contract.

I thought so, but couldn't remember if that was true or not so left it out. They could care less if he plays or not in Boston really so being injured isn't a big factor (and with that also saves them some money).

Crackadalic
12-18-2014, 05:43 PM
Lmaoo Jim buss will have this team where its at for another 8-10 years smh

This doesn't even make sense. Just sign the guy in the offseason

LA_Raiders
12-18-2014, 05:45 PM
I hope the lakers gets him. We need to start assembling a competitive team.

2-ONE-5
12-18-2014, 05:53 PM

whoa no one is throwing games.

smith&wesson
12-18-2014, 06:01 PM
whoa no one is throwing games.

whats tanking then :confused: losing on purpose! thats what 76ers have been diong for a while now... no skin off my back, my raptors are in the atlantic. keep the tank alive in phillie lol

Sportfan
12-18-2014, 06:02 PM
So what would a bigger deal look like?

Nash, Lin, Randle, houston pick for Rondo, Green, Sullinger?

Celtics would be looking fantastic for a rebuilding team. I just can't see the Lakers actually giving up Randle though.

Yeah I don't think they give up Randle without Sully which IMO is a fantastic get for Boston, Randle's potential is greater.

Tony_Starks
12-18-2014, 06:04 PM

Put Lakers long lasting misery on your wish list for Santa. Chances of it happening are as possible as Santa coming down your chimney friend....

smith&wesson
12-18-2014, 06:07 PM
I dont understand the hate for the lakers. Its getting real old. Why cant we discuss this team with out half the forum getting emotional.

koreancabbage
12-18-2014, 06:09 PM

a smart move would have been to not resign kobe for 24 million in the first place, knowing he is on his last legs. But since they went ahead and did that, i dont see why they shouldnt try to get more talent. What other chocie do they have ?

for the future of the franchise - nothing.

lol Lakers won't make the playoffs this year. totally screw up their chances of getting a top 3 pick to start a real rebuild with good young talent.

Rondo and Kobe won't work. Both need the ball in their hands. If Rondo could shoot, that would be a different story.

koreancabbage
12-18-2014, 06:10 PM
Put Lakers long lasting misery on your wish list for Santa. Chances of it happening are as possible as Santa coming down your chimney friend....

Lol

smith&wesson
12-18-2014, 06:18 PM
for the future of the franchise - nothing.

lol Lakers won't make the playoffs this year. totally screw up their chances of getting a top 3 pick to start a real rebuild with good young talent.

Rondo and Kobe won't work. Both need the ball in their hands. If Rondo could shoot, that would be a different story.

I agree, I dont understand what they are doing. If I was the gm Id trade kobe for picks and expirings to start the rebuild. but they seem hell bent on keeping kobe, and that means he is undoubtedly putting pressure on their FO to get more talent. thats why I say what other choice do they have?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-18-2014, 06:28 PM
They have all the leverage. They don't need to let him go. They have Bird rights so they can work a S&T in the offseason to allow him to get the most money he can. S&T usually only happens with RFA's. Monroe took the QO and will be UFA. So doubt any team works out a sign and trade unless they're way over the cap and need to unload salary to get it done. But Monroe doesn't have to agree on anything since he's UFA. Unless of course he likes the team that's over the cap. But then not saying Detroit would take junk players either to help a team and just let him walk.

nickdymez
12-18-2014, 06:31 PM

Post of the year.... lmao

Mr.B
12-18-2014, 06:39 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA)
12/18/14, 4:06 PM
In Rondo talks, Boston and Dallas discussing package including Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder and a first-round pick, sources tell Yahoo.

PurpleLynch
12-18-2014, 06:40 PM

Because:-Kobe's defense is really inconsistent at this point in his career.
-Kobe's efficiency shooting is not good right now.
-Rondo can't shoot.(Free throws numbers are a joke)

I didn't say that Rondo in LA can't work,I'm saying that right now it doesn't work,our team is not builded for winning(let alone compete for the 8th spot in the WC).

PS:Kobe is my favourite player of all time,but I have to be honest and objective.

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2014, 06:42 PM
I think im starting to become delusional. All this losing has gotten to me.

I say this because i wouldnt mind getting rondo, it will probably leave us in mediocrity for even longer, but god damn it i want a competitive team. Tired of being talked about in the same breath as the pathetic *** 76ers.

Vinylman
12-18-2014, 06:50 PM
Yup he is a UFA, but in a S&T he gets the 5th year instead of going straight and only getting 4 years.

the bolded is wrong... you haven't been able to get the extra year in a S&T since the last CBA... only advantage is slightly larger annual increases (pretty much meaningless)

Gibby23
12-18-2014, 06:52 PM
the bolded is wrong... you haven't been able to get the extra year in a S&T since the last CBA... only advantage is slightly larger annual increases (pretty much meaningless)

Forgot about that.

Vinylman
12-18-2014, 06:54 PM
Forgot about that.

it was another in a long line of fcuk you's to the big market teams because it was a tool to help them add salary above the cap

2-ONE-5
12-18-2014, 07:06 PM
whats tanking then :confused: losing on purpose! thats what 76ers have been diong for a while now... no skin off my back, my raptors are in the atlantic. keep the tank alive in phillie lol

a. the Sixers have been "tanking" for about 105 games not "a while now"
b. show me one game that the players and coach intentionally tried to lose
c. i will bet an infinite amount of dollars you cant prove point B