PDA

View Full Version : Mavs after Rondo?

Mr.B
12-17-2014, 11:48 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA)
12/17/14, 9:14 PM
Boston's discussing Rondo trades on multiple fronts, but Mavericks are showing an increasing interest in deal for Rondo, sources tell Yahoo.

One of the main weakness the Mavs have is the lack of a true PG. And Perimeter defense. Rondo solves both issues.

goingfor28
12-17-2014, 11:49 PM
Monta slides over to the 2 guard?
Rondo, Monta, Parsons, Dirk, Chandler. Nice starting 5

Htownballa1622
12-17-2014, 11:50 PM
What do they have to give up? I'm curious?

Thumper 88
12-17-2014, 11:57 PM
Picks, cash and if they want Harris he's signed for 4 years at a cheap clip

Htownballa1622
12-17-2014, 11:58 PM
Picks, cash and if they want Harris he's signed for 4 years at a cheap clip

But is that ALL Celtics can get for Rondo? I just don't see much Dallas can offer.

Thumper 88
12-18-2014, 12:04 AM
But is that ALL Celtics can get for Rondo? I just don't see much Dallas can offer.

Idk, who wants Rondo enough to give more?

Htownballa1622
12-18-2014, 12:06 AM

Good question but if Rondo could be had for Harris and late picks then WOW.

allday823
12-18-2014, 12:13 AM
theres no chance ainge trades him to dallas. theres no trade pieces there. ainge is a dog he's going to want a haul for rondo

Htownballa1622
12-18-2014, 12:16 AM
ESPN sources say Celtics & Mavs in substantive discussions on deal that would send Rajon Rondo to Dallas for multiple picks/package of vets- Via Stein.

Htownballa1622
12-18-2014, 12:18 AM
Deal to be centered around "blossoming center" Brandan Wright?

LMAO…Stein on Dallas **** as usual.

ricky recon
12-18-2014, 12:30 AM
Deal to be centered around "blossoming center" Brandan Wright?

LMAO…Stein on Dallas **** as usual.

Wright has a 26.2 PER in 18.7 MPG, very efficient center.

Htownballa1622
12-18-2014, 12:37 AM
Wright has a 26.2 PER in 18.7 MPG, very efficient center.

That's cool and all but he's been in the league for a while now. He knows how to score for Dallas. Let's see him do that in Boston.

Not buying that bs. Dallas is going to have to offer more than just that.

WVNowitzki
12-18-2014, 12:39 AM
Monta slides over to the 2 guard?
Rondo, Monta, Parsons, Dirk, Chandler. Nice starting 5

Hunh? Monta has been playing the 2 the whole year....

Htownballa1622
12-18-2014, 12:39 AM
"(The Rockets) have a different approach than we do... We think chemistry matters," said Mark Cuban... now trying to trade for Rajon Rondo.

I read this on twitter. LMAO.

Cuban as usual...

Mr.B
12-18-2014, 12:42 AM

Exactly. Rondo can walk after the season. The Mavs would have the best shot at resigning him. I don't see non-playoff teams willing to give up young assets for Rondo. Dallas is loaded with expiring contracts and contracts with only 1 year left. They can also trade multiple (late round) picks, and a young athletic center (that is really more of a PF). Is that a great deal? No of course not, but it might be the best deal they could get.

From the Mavs point of view they would essentially be trading a backup center for a starting PG. That's a no brainier if you ask me. Rondo solve multiple issues for them. He upgrades their perimeter defense, he's the true PG they've needed, and his ability to rebound off sets Parsons lack of rebounding.

mngopher35
12-18-2014, 12:42 AM
When I first thought about who would want Rondo, Dallas came to mind first. I am not sure that he has a very high value so it might be possible to get a deal done. Would Celtics fans be alright with a couple of picks and like Wright?

Mr.B
12-18-2014, 12:45 AM
"(The Rockets) have a different approach than we do... We think chemistry matters," said Mark Cuban... now trying to trade for Rajon Rondo.

I read this on twitter. LMAO.

Cuban as usual...

I don't see how Rondo hurts the Mavs chemistry. Rondo is not going to take any shots away from anyone else on the team. And if he does well in the rest of the way and helps Dallas go deep in the playoffs Cuban will give him the contract he wants.

Htownballa1622
12-18-2014, 12:46 AM
I don't see how Rondo hurts the Mavs chemistry. Rondo is not going to take any shots away from anyone else on the team. And if he does well in the rest of the way and helps Dallas go deep in the playoffs Cuban will give him the contract he wants.

He said that in regards to our constant shuffle of players yet Mavs have shuffled almost as much in the past few years.

I'm not saying it's bad, but own it.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-18-2014, 12:47 AM
12/17/14, 9:14 PM
Boston's discussing Rondo trades on multiple fronts, but Mavericks are showing an increasing interest in deal for Rondo, sources tell Yahoo.

One of the main weakness the Mavs have is the lack of a true PG. And Perimeter defense. Rondo solves both issues.

Eh, not really.

Mr.B
12-18-2014, 12:53 AM
He said that in regards to our constant shuffle of players yet Mavs have shuffled almost as much in the past few years.

I'm not saying it's bad, but own it.

Oh ok, and that's pretty obvious. The Mavs have always been about trades (in the Cuban and Donnie Nelson era). A GM and owner's job is to build a team able to compete for the title. In my opinion that should be by any means necessary. The Mavs have proven that they are suspect at drafting guys and everyone in the world knows the only way they can get a guy to come to Dallas as a free agent is to overpay. So their best move is to acquire guys through trades. I'll own that all day because doing it that way brought a title to Dallas.

Mr.B
12-18-2014, 12:54 AM
Eh, not really.

Well he's an upgrade in that area over every guard on the Mavs not name Devin Harris.

Htownballa1622
12-18-2014, 12:56 AM
Oh ok, and that's pretty obvious. The Mavs have always been about trades (in the Cuban and Donnie Nelson era). A GM and owner's job is to build a team able to compete for the title. In my opinion that should be by any means necessary. The Mavs have proven that they are suspect at drafting guys and everyone in the world knows the only way they can get a guy to come to Dallas as a free agent is to overpay. So their best move is to acquire guys through trades. I'll own that all day because doing it that way brought a title to Dallas.

Exactly and I don't fault him for doing it. But be about it.

Cuban likes to act like what Morey does is some criminal thing. It's all to prosper for the betterment of the team.

NYSpirit1
12-18-2014, 01:03 AM

Yeah, seriously. What's up with this deal?

The Mavericks are BARE with assets.

I see a Rockets package of some of their young players and picks or not just because I'm a Knicks fan, a Hardaway-Shumpert-Larkin-Early-2018 1st package as FAR more appealing than a late first round pick or two and Brandan Wright.

Litereally makes zero sense for the Celtics to trade with the Mavs.

Mr.B
12-18-2014, 01:03 AM
Exactly and I don't fault him for doing it. But be about it.

Cuban likes to act like what Morey does is some criminal thing. It's all to prosper for the betterment of the team.

I think Cuban just likes getting under people's skin. I honestly think he just likes getting a rise out of the Rockets fan base and Morey. Morey clearly is trying to do everything he can to help the Rockets win its just a different way of doing it than Cuban.

NYSpirit1
12-18-2014, 01:06 AM
I think this is irrelevant -- I really think this is a classic case of public posturing. Danny Ainge was probably the one that put this story out there to create a bidding war between the Mavs, Rockets, Lakers, Knicks and Kings. There's probably one team they really want to deal with or a couple they prefer to deal with that aren't gaining much traction right now.

But Rondo for Brandon Wright, spare parts and a late 1st round pick or two literally makes no sense on any front for the Celtics. Even if they got a Parsons at a ridiculous contract, doesn't make sense for them. Nearly does Chandler or any other of the Mavs vets, who the Mavs wouldn't give up while they're on a title chase.

Htownballa1622
12-18-2014, 01:09 AM

I see a Rockets package of some of their young players and picks or not just because I'm a Knicks fan, a Hardaway-Shumpert-Larkin-Early-2018 1st package as FAR more appealing than a late first round pick or two and Brandan Wright.

I really feel it's Ainge trying to drive up the price. Marc Stein is a big Dallas nut hugger so naturally it would be good for him to put this out.

I'll wait until it happens before fretting.

Mr.B
12-18-2014, 01:09 AM

You're assuming that Rockets really want Rondo instead of just "kicking the tires". Harden is at his best with the ball in his hands. He's the main playmaker for that team. The problem with acquiring Rondo is that he does the exact same thing. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He's not a spot up shooter, he's a play maker. The Mavs don't have that type of player on their roster. Ellis can be that guy but Ellis move extremely well without the ball. Ellis is very capable of flourishing next to a guy like Rondo. Harden seems like he might be hampered because there would be large amounts of time that he would have to surrender the ball to Rondo. That's also why I don't think Rondo works in LA.

mngopher35
12-18-2014, 01:11 AM

Ya that trade would be better for celtics probably with those young guys and pick from ny. Why would you guys offer it though?

Crackadalic
12-18-2014, 01:13 AM
Ya that trade would be better for celtics probably with those young guys and pick from ny. Why would you guys offer it though?

We wouldn't. Were not that stupid. Maybe if Isiah was running the show again. Why do all that when we can just sign him straight up in FA's

Mr.B
12-18-2014, 01:18 AM

Any deal from the Knicks would include Larkin too. Ainge wanted Larkin when Dallas drafted him. The Kicks are the one team I could see willing to give up a better deal than what the Celts could get from Dallas. Larkin, Shump, and a 1st would likely get it done. Would Phil be willing to do that?

Crackadalic
12-18-2014, 01:20 AM
Any deal from the Knicks would include Larkin too. Ainge wanted Larkin when Dallas drafted him. The Kicks are the one team I could see willing to give up a better deal than what the Celts could get from Dallas. Larkin, Shump, and a 1st would likely get it done. Would Phil be willing to do that?

I can deal with this better then what Nyspirt posted

mngopher35
12-18-2014, 01:21 AM
We wouldn't. Were not that stupid. Maybe if Isiah was running the show again. Why do all that when we can just sign him straight up in FA's

Ya I feel like that's the route you guys should go if you want him too. I'm not saying it will work but you can't trade all your young assets and be left with rondo melo jr Calderon and limited cap.

Just wait till the off season and maybe clear jr and/or Calderon at deadline to make even more cap if possible. My opinion of course.

lamzoka
12-18-2014, 01:23 AM

Wow I'm glad you're not in charge of the Knicks. Celtics have no leverage here. It's either trade him now for whatever they can get in the next 2 months or lose him for nothing. Why in the hell would the knicks give up all that for a player we can just sign in a few months. We already made that mistake once with Melo.

Crackadalic
12-18-2014, 01:24 AM
Ya I feel like that's the route you guys should go if you want him too. I'm not saying it will work but you can't trade all your young assets and be left with rondo melo jr Calderon and limited cap.

Just wait till the off season and maybe clear jr and/or Calderon at deadline to make even more cap if possible. My opinion of course.

Exactly

I do think Rondo will go to a playoff team more than anything.
Only teams that really needs a pg is Dallas and Miami

Kings could be interesting if they can give up something

mngopher35
12-18-2014, 01:25 AM

Alright that's a bit better. I'm not huge on rondo so I probably wouldn't but that is a trade that doesn't seem to hurt them much. If they do that though they may play themselves out of a top pick and be more in the 10 range.

Nighthawk
12-18-2014, 01:29 AM
9:15pm: The Mavericks are serious suitors for Rondo, Wojnarowski reports (Twitter link). Brandan Wright and Monta Ellis are among the players being mentioned who could potentially head to Boston, A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com notes (L). The Rockets have also discussed a potential deal for the point guard with Boston as well, Wojnarowski adds.

mngopher35
12-18-2014, 01:30 AM
Exactly

I do think Rondo will go to a playoff team more than anything.
Only teams that really needs a pg is Dallas and Miami

Kings could be interesting if they can give up something

I could see those teams interested as well. I think Dallas is the option where rondo really might be able to help and have an impact. I am not sure a wade rondo combo fits very well (spacing with deng would be poor) and kings unfortunately seem out of it in the west now. Rockets could maybe put something together too but I'm not sure rondo fits great there either.

Dallas has good shooting and actually needs what rondo brings as a pg more than others.

Crackadalic
12-18-2014, 01:31 AM
9:15pm: The Mavericks are serious suitors for Rondo, Wojnarowski reports (Twitter link). Brandan Wright and Monta Ellis are among the players being mentioned who could potentially head to Boston, A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com notes (L). The Rockets have also discussed a potential deal for the point guard with Boston as well, Wojnarowski adds.

Why would they trade Monta?

JasonJohnHorn
12-18-2014, 01:34 AM
On paper, I say the Mavs have nothing to offer that won't make their team worse.

That said, picks are pretty much all Boston can get for Rondo given that his is in the final year of a contract and any team that trades for him may not be getting anything more than a half-season rental.

There are any number of young and/or struggling teams that would improve with him: NY, ORL, DET, BK, Minny, ect, ect... but those teams would either send back a toxic contract, or wouldn't give up much for Rondo because it would mean potentially and likely losing in free agency.

Mavs are good enough that they could convince him to stay, so it is worth it for them. If NY made a move, I'm not sure they could keep him.

Other teams that could use him include Miami, and picks from them, as well as a guy like Shabazz and McRoberts might be appealing to Boston. Losing either wouldn't hurt Miami much as McRoberts hasn't been getting minutes, but he proved in Charlotte that he was pretty good (look how $#!te they are without him), and Shabazz Napier is young enough that Boston could see him as a guy worth developing and a cheap enough contract that it isn't much of a risk.

Then Miami would have Rondo, Wade, Deng and Bosh in the starting line-up. Their front court would be thin, but that's nothing new, and something they could address in the offseason.

It looks like LAL may be chasing after Rondo in the offseason, so unless the team taking him in and prove a better landing spot than the Lakers, it doesn't look like it would be worth it to give up too much in order to secure Rondo.

Mr.B
12-18-2014, 01:35 AM
Alright that's a bit better. I'm not huge on rondo so I probably wouldn't but that is a trade that doesn't seem to hurt them much. If they do that though they may play themselves out of a top pick and be more in the 10 range.

That's definitely another thing to consider. Rondo would make them mediocre this year which would put them right in the middle of the draft instead if in the top 5 or 10.

Nighthawk
12-18-2014, 01:36 AM

Why would they trade Monta?

Wright an picks does sound dilly

Ainge want monta??

Max.This
12-18-2014, 01:36 AM
if they trade monta and wright.... im pretty sure the mavs lose this trade. Substantially

Mr.B
12-18-2014, 01:40 AM

I don't see the Mavs willing to give up Ellis. That May have been the Celts counter offer but Cuban would walk away from that. He really likes Ellis, and more importantly Dirk really likes Ellis. Cuban would not trade a guy that Dirk really likes. At least I don't think he would. I also personally would rather go with the team the Mavs have then swap out Monte for Rondo (in addition to losing Brandon Wright). Rondo is not that big of a difference maker to make up for the loss of Ellis and Wright.

Nighthawk
12-18-2014, 01:44 AM
Fantasy 3 team

Wright, bradley, 2 1sts to detroit

Rondo 2 1st to dallas

Monroe ellis to boston

mngopher35
12-18-2014, 01:55 AM
I don't see the Mavs willing to give up Ellis. That May have been the Celts counter offer but Cuban would walk away from that. He really likes Ellis, and more importantly Dirk really likes Ellis. Cuban would not trade a guy that Dirk really likes. At least I don't think he would. I also personally would rather go with the team the Mavs have then swap out Monte for Rondo (in addition to losing Brandon Wright). Rondo is not that big of a difference maker to make up for the loss of Ellis and Wright.

Agreed, if Ellis is involved too I don't see the point for you guys

meloman1592
12-18-2014, 01:56 AM
Shumpert, Larkin, early and dalembert (to make money work) for rondo

Nighthawk
12-18-2014, 01:58 AM
Shumpert, Larkin, early and dalembert (to make money work) for rondo

Im good with that. Stevens could make all that defense an hustle work.

goingfor28
12-18-2014, 01:59 AM
Hunh? Monta has been playing the 2 the whole year....
Who tf Dallas point guard right now then? Thought it was Monta lol

mngopher35
12-18-2014, 02:03 AM

Jameer Nelson has been starting almost every game I've seen. They also have Harris and barea.

gatkins11
12-18-2014, 02:04 AM
Dallas won't trade Ellis.

tm95835
12-18-2014, 02:05 AM
Would you trade MCW for rondo?

Max.This
12-18-2014, 02:13 AM

Sixers are trying to suck why would they trade for rondo. On top of that rondo is a FA after this season and I highly doubt he would resign with the sixers. The player and the team are going in opposite directions

goingfor28
12-18-2014, 02:38 AM
Jameer Nelson has been starting almost every game I've seen. They also have Harris and barea.
My bad. Carry on haha

Baltoro
12-18-2014, 02:43 AM
Ooooooh this will be interesting! Not sure what Dallas can give up. Unprotected 1st rounder (which won't be very high) + Brandan Wright? No way that's near enough for Rondo. I'm guessing a handful of picks plus some kind of cap relief I.e. Vet players.

JasonJohnHorn
12-18-2014, 02:55 AM

Monta brings the ball up a LOT.

But Jameer Nelson and Devon Harris have been playing 'point guard'.

Nelson plays point when he's on the court a lot, but this isn't a conventional set up. Nelson might bring it up... Monta might bring it up... Nelson might bring, and then pass it off to Monta who then sets up the play....

Bot guys are pretty much tied for leading the team in assist, but Nelson has a higher per36 average....

They are sharing ball-handling duties.... so the confusion is understandable.

BlondeBomber41
12-18-2014, 03:44 AM

You seem to be ignoring the fact that Rondo is a pending free agent and to trade for him means you better have a team he'd wanna play for. Why would New York trade for him when they suck and he'd most likely leave? Nobody is gonna give up a ton for a free agent. Who are these Houston players that would be better?

BlondeBomber41
12-18-2014, 03:49 AM
The Mavs would NEVER entertain the thought of including Monta Ellis. He's the Mavs closer, the #1 option.

Tumstock
12-18-2014, 03:53 AM
As a celtics fan i really hope mavs can pull this one off!
We're not getting any value for him anyway. And it would be a delight to watch him play with dirk and Tyson come playoff time.

Rondo is always a beast in the postseason!

JEDean89
12-18-2014, 04:24 AM
Hmmm, I think the Celtics can get a little more for him. Maybe Darren Collison/Ben Mclemore for Rondo and Jeff Green? Smart and Mclemore would be a good backcourt to build around for Boston, They could flip Collison. Kings can move Stauskas to the SG and Green to the 3 and Rudy to the PF. Maybe too much for the Kings to give up though, they like Mclemore and for good reason.

Maybe Houston would be nice. Get some nice young pieces like Montejunas and Terrence Jones.

AnthonyTyrael2
12-18-2014, 04:33 AM
if they trade monta and wright.... im pretty sure the mavs lose this trade. Substantially

Prob with Wright is that he is a lightweight which matters when you play guys like Memphis. Besides, he is a very professionell and valuable player for a fair contract as well.

Giving up Monta won't happen but perhaps Barea, Harris and as usual trying to get rid of Felton's contract, just like every other team he was with. Do not want to trade any of the first three though. Don't know about Jefferson's vor Charlie's worth though. Don't think they draw that much interest in a trade.

Wright can easily be replaced with Jermaine O'Neal. Guess in such a scenario, that includes giving up Wright, it is safe that we are adding O'Neal for replacement. Means we lose on youth and some on fg% but therefor add another form of physical presence and shot blocking which is needed for a chance to beat the top teams in the West.

Then let's see what Allen is doing and where he is going later on.

IndyRealist
12-18-2014, 05:05 AM
I thought Devin Harris was having a pretty good year? Why not start him and see what happens?

raiderposting
12-18-2014, 05:54 AM
I thought Devin Harris was having a pretty good year? Why not start him and see what happens?

Because rondos a huge upgrade

MonroeFAN
12-18-2014, 08:01 AM
I remember when I thought Rondo had huge upside.

NYSpirit1
12-18-2014, 08:31 AM
You seem to be ignoring the fact that Rondo is a pending free agent and to trade for him means you better have a team he'd wanna play for. Why would New York trade for him when they suck and he'd most likely leave? Nobody is gonna give up a ton for a free agent. Who are these Houston players that would be better?

Hmm to play with Melo and likely a top draft pick and the Knicks have a ton of cap.

The Mavs have old man Dirk and a buncha overs and will cap out at 2nd round playoff exit.

Thumper 88
12-18-2014, 09:22 AM
Hmm to play with Melo and likely a top draft pick and the Knicks have a ton of cap.

The Mavs have old man Dirk and a buncha overs and will cap out at 2nd round playoff exit.

Lol still sour about losing Tyson :laugh:

Thumper 88
12-18-2014, 09:31 AM
DBcom source: Put this in your #Mavs pipe: They're fighting against including B-Wright to #Celtics for #rajonrondo .. HARD.

2-ONE-5
12-18-2014, 09:49 AM

hell ****ing no

NYSpirit1
12-18-2014, 09:52 AM
Lol still sour about losing Tyson :laugh:

Haha really? Tyson sucked last year and he's offensively challenged.

I could careless about losing Chandler.

2-ONE-5
12-18-2014, 09:53 AM

lol "old man" Dirk is still better than Melo

valade16
12-18-2014, 09:55 AM
Wasn't the big problem with Curry / Monta that they both needed the ball too much to work? Can Monta play that much off ball for Rondo (because Rondo certainly can't)?

MonroeFAN
12-18-2014, 10:57 AM
Who would be sour over losing Tyson Chandler? That was a terrible attempt at trolling.

Re: Monta and Rondo... I would strongly doubt those two can play together. You're taking the ball out Chandler and Montas hands, the team isn't going to be nearly effective. They are basically running the triangle right now.

Thumper 88
12-18-2014, 11:06 AM
lol "old man" Dirk is still better than Melo
Pretty much and always will be

koreancabbage
12-18-2014, 11:07 AM

Rondo in the triangle. LOL you Knick fans are hilarious - just trying to put a bunch of players together with no cohesion to the system.

MonroeFAN
12-18-2014, 11:11 AM
^explain to me how Dallas is not running a triangle currently.

Unless you're not disputing that.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Mavs don't have much to offer. But if they're the main trade target. Then if I was Celtics i'd ask for a future unprotected first in like 2020. By then Dirk be retired and team would be regressing. So could be lottery pick.

koreancabbage
12-18-2014, 11:43 AM
^explain to me how Dallas is not running a triangle currently.

Unless you're not disputing that.

i'm not - i don't see the fit but whatever.

koreancabbage
12-18-2014, 11:47 AM

Tyson sucked because the Knicks sucked. If Knicks were good, Tyson would be good. Hey Look - he went to a good team - now he's awesome.

MonroeFAN
12-18-2014, 11:47 AM
Right on, my bad.

Crackadalic
12-18-2014, 12:45 PM
Rondo in the triangle. LOL you Knick fans are hilarious - just trying to put a bunch of players together with no cohesion to the system.

I don't even want Rondo. He's a horrible fit to be honest. If we had more guys who can score maybe but nah.

bagwell368
12-18-2014, 12:48 PM
Oh please please please - take Rondo. He's well past his prime, an emotional tool bag, takes about 20 games a year off, injury riddled, zero as a leader, has nothing in common with the Celts greats of the past (from Russell to KG). I'm ashamed of Celtic fans that pretend he's good or fans that see him on National TV 3 times a year when he actually tries claim he's actually good. And yeah, I've seen him play more than anyone or almost anyone on PSD.

Wright, any injured crud on the roster and the Dallas #1 this year is more than enough. Hopefully Ainge gets more.

theducksmuggler
12-18-2014, 01:08 PM
My guess is Rondo for 1st rounder+Brandon Wright+Devon Harris+Greg Smith

-

pebloemer
12-18-2014, 01:15 PM
Am I the only one that thinks Dallas would be stupid to include Brandon Wright in a deal for Rondo? Without Brandon Wright, they are very thin behind Chandler and Dirk.

Wright is a huge contributor on that team. To be honest, I have no clue why he isn't getting more minutes. His production is phenomenally efficient (and it has been consistently very good for a few years now).

Verbal Christ
12-18-2014, 01:23 PM
How awesome would it be if Morey went storage wars on Cuban and drove up the price only to back out at the last minute?

#keepthefeudalive

Thumper 88
12-18-2014, 01:30 PM
My guess is Rondo for 1st rounder+Brandon Wright+Devon Harris+Greg Smith

-

I think for the money to work out they would have to trade felton.

Word is Mavs are not going to give up wright when they can buy Rondo this summer.

Obviously these are just tactics.

YAALREADYKNO
12-18-2014, 01:50 PM
Tyson sucked because the Knicks sucked. If Knicks were good, Tyson would be good. Hey Look - he went to a good team - now he's awesome.

Tyson won DPOY with the knicks and was an allstar lol

YAALREADYKNO
12-18-2014, 01:56 PM

Chandler sucked? He was DPOY and an allstar for the knicks and he sucks? smh I bet the knicks would re-consider that trade they made with dallas tho lmao

YAALREADYKNO
12-18-2014, 01:59 PM

A 2nd round exit in a tough western conference is still a whole lot better than missing the playoffs in the east LMAO. The knicks better watch out for the 76ers.

Corey
12-18-2014, 02:39 PM
I dont know why certain people are expecting gold for Rondo. He's shooting 33% from the FT line. He's having one of his worst seasons. He's expiring at the end of the year and has said that he's going to test free agency. He doesn't play defense like he used to when KG was around.

Why would competitive teams give up bigger pieces of their roster for him unless their starting PG is putrid? Seems like the Mavs can get by without giving up 2 picks and Brendan Wright for Rondo. I dont really see how that puts them over the top.

Sactown
12-18-2014, 02:43 PM
I dont know why certain people are expecting gold for Rondo. He's shooting 33% from the FT line. He's having one of his worst seasons. He's expiring at the end of the year and has said that he's going to test free agency. He doesn't play defense like he used to when KG was around.

Why would competitive teams give up bigger pieces of their roster for him unless their starting PG is putrid? Seems like the Mavs can get by without giving up 2 picks and Brendan Wright for Rondo. I dont really see how that puts them over the top.

Yeah I agree for the most part, I don't think they'll need to give up a bunch for a guy expiring who's almost 30 demanding a max and is determined to go to the team of his choosing. Although regardless of peoples opinions on him , he is clearly an above average PG who would be joining a good team with a problem at the PG position. Definitely would help this season but beyond that if they give him the max??? That's up for debate

rockets-fan
12-18-2014, 02:53 PM
I hope Dallas gets him. Rondo reportedly said he's resign with dallas and Houston if traded there, he'd be horrible here in Houston. Just wouldn't work.

Sactown
12-18-2014, 03:02 PM
I hope Dallas gets him. Rondo reportedly said he's resign with dallas and Houston if traded there, he'd be horrible here in Houston. Just wouldn't work.

I agree I think the impact Rondo would have would be negated by the loss of production from Harden since the last thing you'd want to do is take the ball out of his hands . And rondo off the ball is a joke

AnthonyTyrael2
12-18-2014, 04:17 PM
Let's see what will happen with D-Will too.

Anyway Mavs should think twice about if it's worth to take a risk with Rondo. Chemistry wise, the change in true shooting as a team and in weakening the bench more and more. Problem as usual is the ego in the human nature. None outside of Dirk will just accept his role in which one is the most valuable for the team...and Rondo isn't Paul.

YAALREADYKNO
12-18-2014, 04:41 PM
Let's see what will happen with D-Will too.

Anyway Mavs should think twice about if it's worth to take a risk with Rondo. Chemistry wise, the change in true shooting as a team and in weakening the bench more and more. Problem as usual is the ego in the human nature. None outside of Dirk will just accept his role in which one is the most valuable for the team...and Rondo isn't Paul.

he's a good perimeter defender and that's what the mavs need

AnthonyTyrael2
12-18-2014, 05:00 PM
he's a good perimeter defender and that's what the mavs need

That's undenied but just one piece. His rebounding, all around game...that is tempting too. Pass first PG. I would trade for him. We got Tyson healthy, we might keep Rondo healthy. Monta has more maturity than he had while playing alongside Curry. Parsons's got to adjust once again... He is again the biggest concern, paired with #41 three point shooting and breath,freshness over an entire season.

YAALREADYKNO
12-18-2014, 05:03 PM
That's undenied but just one piece. His rebounding, all around game are tainting too. Pass first PG. I would trade for him. We got Tyson healthy, we might keep Rondo healthy. Monta has more maturity than he had while playing alongside Curry. Parsons's got to adjust once again... He is again the biggest concern, paired with #41 three point shooting and breath,freshness over an entire season.

only thing that would worry me about the mavs if they trade wright for rondo is the lack of size up front. Especially a backup to Tyson if he gets into foul trouble or something

AnthonyTyrael2
12-18-2014, 05:12 PM
That's my least concern if all this happens first because I dunno how nor whom but we will conjure a rabbit out of a hat. We're good at that. Can't really explain it, not in a way that would make sense. Just gotta trust the Mavs franchise. I know that's asking for much, especially when you need a big who should really be bulky,tall, athletic,available and accepting his back up role.

IndyRealist
12-18-2014, 05:47 PM
Because rondos a huge upgrade

Except this isn't fantasy league. They're going to trade away rotation players on a very good team and future picks for a guy who might destroy the chemistry they've built.

My suggestion was to try the guy already on the roster and see if it's better so you don't have to hack apart your team or mortgage your future on a guy in the final year of his deal.

Thumper 88
12-18-2014, 05:51 PM
Adrian Wonjnarowski

Dallas is emerging as the frontrunner in pursuit of a deal to acquire Boston's Rajon Rondo, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Thumper 88
12-18-2014, 05:52 PM
Lakers and Knicks declined to be part of three-way deals that could've sent Rondo elsewhere, league sources tell Yahoo.

Ty Fast
12-18-2014, 05:52 PM
Come to the Heat

Htownballa1622
12-18-2014, 05:54 PM
Go Dallas! :)

koreancabbage
12-18-2014, 06:02 PM
Tyson won DPOY with the knicks and was an allstar lol

i'm just repeating what Knicks fans say of Chandler

Sportfan
12-18-2014, 06:06 PM
Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO 8m8 minutes ago
With rumors swirling and talks ongoing per @WojYahooNBA, one league exec tells me he "can't envision" Rajon Rondo still w Celtics on Monday.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 14m14 minutes ago
Lakers and Knicks declined to be part of three-way deals that could've sent Rondo elsewhere, league sources tell Yahoo.
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 17m17 minutes ago
Dallas is emerging as the frontrunner in pursuit of a deal to acquire Boston's Rajon Rondo, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 11m11 minutes ago
With Dallas in the lead, the Rockets are also “still fighting” to acquire Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo, a source said.

Go houston!!!! come on rockets!

Max.This
12-18-2014, 06:09 PM
Brandan wright, jae crowder and first round pick. What are the mavs doing....

Thumper 88
12-18-2014, 06:11 PM
In Rondo talks, Boston and Dallas discussing package including Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder and a first-round pick, sources tell Yahoo.

Thumper 88
12-18-2014, 06:13 PM
Would be funny if the rockets lost out on another player.

First melo

Then Bosh

Then Parsons

And now Rondo

Lol

Max.This
12-18-2014, 06:14 PM
anyone know what houston was offering?

Thumper 88
I haven't heard anything about that yet

Max.This

First melo

Then Bosh

Then Parsons

And now Rondo

Lol

its not like their doing poorly.

rockets-fan
12-18-2014, 06:17 PM

First melo

Then Bosh

Then Parsons

And now Rondo

Lol

We don't need rondo, only players you listed that I thought we "lost" out in was bosh and Paraons. But Ariza is replacing Parsons pretty dam good.

You hate the Rockets so much it's funny haha

Thumper 88
12-18-2014, 06:25 PM
We don't need rondo, only players you listed that I thought we "lost" out in was bosh and Paraons. But Ariza is replacing Parsons pretty dam good.

You hate the Rockets so much it's funny haha

Lol

Mr.B
12-18-2014, 06:41 PM
12/18/14, 4:06 PM
In Rondo talks, Boston and Dallas discussing package including Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder and a first-round pick, sources tell Yahoo.

Mr.B
12-18-2014, 06:43 PM
anyone know what houston was offering?

I heard someone on the radio say that LA has Houston's #1 pick this year so it appears that pick can't be included in any deal for Rondo.

rockets-fan
12-18-2014, 06:46 PM
I heard someone on the radio say that LA has Houston's #1 pick this year so it appears that pick can't be included in any deal for Rondo.

True but we have N.O pick from the Asik trade. Not hat I want to use it for Rindo just clearing it up

Corey
12-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Stein:

ESPN sources say teams closing in on swap to send Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jameer Nelson, one future first & one future second to Celts

ghettosean
12-18-2014, 07:00 PM
Mavs could be really dangerous if this goes down

MyDRoseLikeDeng
12-18-2014, 07:01 PM
Trade Harris for a backup big man now and Dallas is set. On a sidenote, I think acquiring Rondo puts dallas in the WCF (at least on paper), and I think it means the Spurs will be really tested to make it back. With Memphis, GS, Clips, Thunder, Blazers, Houston, I would be inclined to take the field over the Spurs and not pick them to make it past round two now

Max.This
12-18-2014, 07:01 PM
Stein:

what does that leave the mavs with.. They cleared their bench....

FraziersKnicks
12-18-2014, 07:02 PM
If Rondo goes to the Lakers will we be witnessing the worst shooting backcourt in NBA history?

Combined numbers:

295/760 field goals = 38.8 FG%
45/172 3 pointers = 26.9 3PT%
178/242 free throws = 73.5 FT%

Combined for a 46.9 TS% :laugh2:

I actually challenge someone to find me a backcourt pairing in NBA history who both average 30+ minutes per game and shoot worse than that.

Mr.B
12-18-2014, 07:02 PM
12/18/14, 4:53 PM
Houston had dropped out of the talks in the past hour, clearing the way for Boston to complete deal with Dallas, sources told Yahoo.

Max.This
12-18-2014, 07:03 PM
im presuming the deal is contingent on rondo resigning

king4day
I wonder if Boston would keep Nelson. How's he doing this season?

Mr.B
12/18/14, 4:52 PM
Boston's informed teams it's focused on completing deal with Dallas soon, closing on a package to send Rajon Rondo to Mavs, sources tell Y.

Gibby23
12-18-2014, 07:04 PM
I think Rondo will do well there.

FraziersKnicks
12-18-2014, 07:04 PM
Brandan Wright is really gonna be the main piece the C's get back...?

I know they get a first but chances are that's not gonna be any higher than in the 20's.

They could probably get a whole lot more than that.

Mr.B
12-18-2014, 07:05 PM
what does that leave the mavs with.. They cleared their bench....

Not really. Crowder has been kind of a spare this year. Losing him means Aminu gets more minutes. They may also be trying to talk J. O'Neal in to signing with them to replace Wright

Mr.B
12-18-2014, 07:06 PM
12/18/14, 4:55 PM
Rajon Rondo and his reps made it clear to Dallas that the All-Star guard would be inclined to sign Mavs extension this summer, sources said.

AnthonyTyrael2
Stein:

We do need some depth. However, that's clearing up space but we would keep Felton and bis contract. Would be great when Wright would rejoin us in a couple years like Tyson, JJ and Devon did. That would be sweet. Jae just kinda messed it up like Gal and Shane. He didn't develop his talents enough. Wish those guys all the best if it really happens. Big thanks to both of you. You'll be missed if this goes through within the next hours or days.

Just wonder who we have in hold to complete and improve our second unit. Okafor for example hasn't played in a while. Just curious what's the plan and what are the players we might add to fill out the roster. Necessarily needed. O'Neal is obvious, maybe Thabeet....and whom for Crowder?

Max.This
i think what the celtics get back actually makes them win more games. Jameer nelson/ bradley/ turner?/ sullinger/ brandon wright or olynyk. Added a bench piece in crowder.

Mr.B
12-18-2014, 07:07 PM
I wonder if Boston would keep Nelson. How's he doing this season?

He's been pretty average.

Mr.B
12-18-2014, 07:08 PM
We do need some depth. However, that's clearing up space but we would keep Felton and bis contract. Would be great when Wright would rejoin us in a couple years like Tyson, JJ and Devon did. That would be sweet. Jae just kinda messed it up like Gal and Shane. He didn't develop his talents enough. Wish those guys all the best if it really happens. Big thanks to both of you. You'll be missed if this fies through within the next hours or days.

Just wonder who we have in hold to complete and improve our second unit. Okafor for example hasn't played in a while. Just curious what's the plan and what are the players we might add to fill out the roster. Necessarily needed.

I've heard Jermaine O'Neal

Max.This
12-18-2014, 07:09 PM
We do need some depth. However, that's clearing up space but we would keep Felton and bis contract. Would be great when Wright would rejoin us in a couple years like Tyson, JJ and Devon did. That would be sweet. Jae just kinda messed it up like Gal and Shane. He didn't develop his talents enough. Wish those guys all the best if it really happens. Big thanks to both of you. You'll be missed if this fies through within the next hours or days.

Just wonder who we have in hold to complete and improve our second unit. Okafor for example hasn't played in a while. Just curious what's the plan and what are the players we might add to fill out the roster. Necessarily needed.

their starting lineup is very good but they just thinned out their center position which is super important in a conference stacked with bigs.

NYSpirit1
12-18-2014, 07:10 PM
This is quite possibly the worst package I've ever seen in my life.

Ever. Danny Ainge should be ashamed.

Max.This
12-18-2014, 07:10 PM
Trade is done. Rondo to mavs

mjt20mik
12-18-2014, 07:12 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 3m3 minutes ago
Boston will send Rajon Rondo and Dwight Powell to Dallas for Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jamar Nelson, 2015 first-round and future second

Ezio
12-18-2014, 07:13 PM
What a team there. If Rondo fits there well they should be a favorite.

Rondo/Ellis/Parsons/Dirk/Chandler :ouch:

AnthonyTyrael2
12-18-2014, 07:14 PM
their starting lineup is very good but they just thinned out their center position which is Supermarine important in a conference stacked with bigs.

Yes but Chandler/Wright tandem didn't make a difference against LAC, Memphis and other teams with massive power at C. DeMarcus was beasting too? Couldn't stop them defensively nor get our guys their lobs on the offensive ends. Non factor in those games as much as I'm loving them, simple facts.

YAALREADYKNO
12-18-2014, 07:14 PM
Rondooooooooooo!!!

mngopher35
12-18-2014, 07:16 PM
Good work Dallas, this is the best fit imo. Now they just need to get some depth on the frontcourt. I am excited to see how it works out with Rondo now.