PDA

View Full Version : King's Executives meet with Mark Jackson

sf-fanatic
12-17-2014, 05:08 PM
After the Kings-Thunder game Tuesday night, Sacramento executives met with former Warriors head coach Mark Jackson, according to Sam Amick of USA Today Sports.

Jackson called the game for ESPN, and after which, had a "lengthy meeting" with Kings adviser Chris Mullin, general manager Pete D'Alessandro and the team's franchise player DeMarcus Cousins.

[HERENDA: Decision to fire Malone leads to uncertain future for Kings]

According to the report, the discussion was held inside the "Chairman's Lounge" at Sleep Train Arena, where they had specifically requested privacy.

The meeting was roughly an hour and a half.

Former head coach Michael Malone was fired late Sunday night.

The Kings (11-14) started 9-6 before Cousins contracted viral meningitis. They are 2-8 during his absence.

Tyrone Corbin is the Kings' interim head coach.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/former-warriors-coach-jackson-meets-kings-officials

LOL this is gonna be interesting

Tony_Starks
12-17-2014, 05:14 PM
I think it was more of a casual gage of interest than anything else. Him and Mully are boys. I would love to see Jackson turn another franchise around just to see what the critics have to say then though...

Goose17
12-17-2014, 05:17 PM
I kind of hope he gets the job and ignites a Sac-Dubs rivalry. NBA needs more proper rivalries.

ghettosean
12-17-2014, 05:52 PM
I kind of hope he gets the job and ignites a Sac-Dubs rivalry. NBA needs more proper rivalries.

The NBA doesn't have rivalries it just has super friends.

On a serious note both coaches are so politically correct there wouldn't be a rivalry anyways.

Ezio
12-17-2014, 05:59 PM
I thought they said they were going to keep the interim HC for the year?

TrueFan420
12-18-2014, 02:12 AM
I thought they said they were going to keep the interim HC for the year?

Guess he's not down with the 4v5 either. My guess is they want his experience tanking to keep their pick in his first year and hope he can turn the corner in the next two. I kid I kid. That would be hella funny if he went there.

slaker619
12-18-2014, 02:18 AM
He would make the team so much better !

Goose17
12-18-2014, 02:59 AM
The NBA doesn't have rivalries it just has super friends.

On a serious note both coaches are so politically correct there wouldn't be a rivalry anyways.

Lol guess you didn't see Jackson and Griffin trash talking each other when Jackson was with us? Or Steve Kerrs technical fouls and his "friendly chat" with Harden?

Sactown
12-18-2014, 03:10 PM
Duck me, Mark Jackson is trash Malone is a Better coach, and we are in a lot of trouble