PDA

View Full Version : Jabari Parker out for rest of season

lamzoka
12-16-2014, 11:42 PM
ESPN just reported Jabari Parker informed teammates he has suffered a torn ACL in his left knee and will miss the rest of the season.

spreadeagle
12-16-2014, 11:42 PM
Jabari Parker has a torn ACL and is expected to miss the rest of the season.

Parker suffered the injury in the Milwaukee Bucks' win on Monday at the Phoenix Suns.

Parker was the second overall pick out of Duke in the 2014 NBA Draft. Marc Stein https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/545060011643506688

Corey
12-16-2014, 11:43 PM
Woj and Stein both reporting it as well.

Vinny642
12-16-2014, 11:45 PM
horrible, i liked the dude

jerellh528
Wow feel bad for all the rooks this season who've had these injuries. Seems like it's been more the past two years than ever before

mngopher35
So lame

InRoseWeTrust
12-16-2014, 11:47 PM
Sucks.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-16-2014, 11:48 PM
The Simeon High School curse.

Crackadalic
12-16-2014, 11:49 PM
Damn smh

NYJ - NYY
12-16-2014, 11:51 PM
Adidas

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-16-2014, 11:52 PM
Hope he can fully recover. He's young enough and hasn't played a lot of basketball. Future should still be bright.

ClutchTime
12-16-2014, 11:53 PM
Feel bad for the kid. He was in line of winning the ROY award IMO.

Ezio
12-16-2014, 11:56 PM
Just when the Bucks were looking good. Simeon produces good players but they seem fragile. Be cautious with Okafor.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-17-2014, 12:00 AM
Just when the Bucks were looking good. Simeon produces good players but they seem fragile. Be cautious with Okafor.

Okafor played at WY.

SeoulBeatz
12-17-2014, 12:00 AM
That's a damn shame. Was a frontrunner for ROY

JustinTime
12-17-2014, 12:10 AM
Adidas

Jabari is Jordan

NYJ - NYY
12-17-2014, 12:11 AM
Jabari is Jordan

I know I was just saying something stupid... I hope he young man heals up quick and gets back out there

JustinTime
12-17-2014, 12:11 AM
Well looks like Wiggins will be handed the ROY even though he shoots like 33.3% most games. Although I'm sure he'll get injured sooner or later.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-17-2014, 12:17 AM
Well looks like Wiggins will be handed the ROY even though he shoots like 33.3% most games. Although I'm sure he'll get injured sooner or later.

Don't underestimate Nikola Mirotic. Only thing holding him back will be Thibs not giving him enough PT.

JustinTime
12-17-2014, 12:25 AM
Don't underestimate Nikola Mirotic. Only thing holding him back will be Thibs not giving him enough PT.

He has the highest PER but he also has the most help because he's surrounded by stars and vets. McDaniels, Payton and Noel are other guys in the mix.

likemystylez
12-17-2014, 12:28 AM
is it just me or is this draft class just getting less spectacular every friggin week

Hawkeye15
12-17-2014, 12:28 AM
eeck, sucks for Jabari.

Hawkeye15
12-17-2014, 12:29 AM

you have become a ****ing giant pain in the *** when it comes to Wiggins. Grow up

JustinTime
12-17-2014, 12:34 AM
you have become a ****ing giant pain in the *** when it comes to Wiggins. Grow up

He's a very inefficient player right now which really bugs me as a basketball fan. I had to watch Rudy Gay single-handedly destroy the Raptors while he was there with his inefficiency and now I'm seeing it again with Wiggins. I know he's a rookie but it's has to concern you when your star has shot above 50% about 1 time in his last 15 games.

Cal827
12-17-2014, 12:46 AM
He's a very inefficient player right now which really bugs me as a basketball fan. I had to watch Rudy Gay single-handedly destroy the Raptors while he was there with his inefficiency and now I'm seeing it again with Wiggins. I know he's a rookie but it's has to concern you when your star has shot above 50% about 1 time in his last 15 games.

Weren't you the same guy who wanted us to trade JV or even Derozan to get Wiggins a while back? :laugh2:

JustinTime
12-17-2014, 01:03 AM
Weren't you the same guy who wanted us to trade JV or even Derozan to get Wiggins a while back? :laugh2:

As embarrassing as Wiggins has been so far I'd still do that trade in a second if Wiggins is as hard a worker as DD because Wiggins is already a better defender than Derozan. Don't forget that Derozan was an awful shooter coming in and look at him now. Wiggins is already ahead of him in several aspects of his game so there's no doubt in my mind he'll be better. As for Jonas I can't stand Jonas so i'd just throw him in so I didn't have to see him anymore lol.

^ Actually never mind Derozan is still an awful shooter I just looked up his stats this season and he's shooting worse than Wiggins haha.

QueensG_718
12-17-2014, 01:09 AM
This draft class hasnt panned out with the hype

BlinkManJan02
12-17-2014, 01:50 AM
that's terrible news, read it earlier. we'll def miss him and his play, such a humble player too, great team player...I really hope he bounces back. It's been fun to watch him play

goingfor28
12-17-2014, 02:36 AM
That sucks for him. Hope he comes back strong next year

Sly Guy
12-17-2014, 02:54 AM
this is one of those scary injuries......hope he comes back 100%, but with the knees and the ACL in particular, you just never know.

HouRealCoach
12-17-2014, 03:05 AM
I really hope he bounces back... Such a terrible thing so early in his career

Sean Moore
12-17-2014, 04:23 AM
Such a shame. Hope he gets better soon.

Hawkeye15
12-17-2014, 10:46 AM

and you littering the Wolves board with Bennett being this future all star bugs me. Wiggins can't dribble a basketball, he shoots jumpers because of it. He is ****ing 19. Let the kid develop a little before you just predict his entire career.

Hawkeye15
12-17-2014, 10:47 AM
well, if you are going to have this injury, better to have it in the first 1/3 of the season. He now has 10 months until the beginning of next season. Usually takes a full year before you are back to 100%.

Chrisclover
12-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Andrew Wiggins smirks

Hawkeye15
12-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Andrew Wiggins smirks

doubt it. And Wolves fans better not be happy about this, it basically knocks out the only serious candidate for ROY outside Wiggins, unless they give consideration elsewhere. Not the way I would have wanted Wiggy to win it if he ends up taking it.

Sucks, I never like seeing injuries.

JustinTime
12-17-2014, 11:12 AM
and you littering the Wolves board with Bennett being this future all star bugs me. Wiggins can't dribble a basketball, he shoots jumpers because of it. He is ****ing 19. Let the kid develop a little before you just predict his entire career.

Wiggins rookie year so far has not been much better than Bennett's and Bennett had tons of health issues in his. What I don't get about you is that you defend Wiggins for being young and than rip on Bennett who is what a year older and still hasn't played a full season in the league. Big men typically take the longest to develop too.

Cal827
12-17-2014, 11:13 AM
As embarrassing as Wiggins has been so far I'd still do that trade in a second if Wiggins is as hard a worker as DD because Wiggins is already a better defender than Derozan. Don't forget that Derozan was an awful shooter coming in and look at him now. Wiggins is already ahead of him in several aspects of his game so there's no doubt in my mind he'll be better. As for Jonas I can't stand Jonas so i'd just throw him in so I didn't have to see him anymore lol.

^ Actually never mind Derozan is still an awful shooter I just looked up his stats this season and he's shooting worse than Wiggins haha.

:laugh2: Well that explains it, I never understood why you didn't mind us dealing both out.

This injury is very unfortunate. Hope that he and Randle are back at 100% next season.

Hawkeye15
12-17-2014, 11:38 AM
Wiggins rookie year so far has not been much better than Bennett's and Bennett had tons of health issues in his. What I don't get about you is that you defend Wiggins for being young and than rip on Bennett who is what a year older and still hasn't played a full season in the league. Big men typically take the longest to develop too.

Wiggins rookie year takes a dump on Bennett's rookie year dude.

I am not even defending Wiggins. He has done nothing to impact the winning column. No rookie does. LeBron and Durant barely mattered. My issue with your constant posting is, you factor in nothing but FG% in your argument. You totally ignore Wiggins is by far and away the best defending perimeter player in the rookie class, and already draws fouls at over a 15% rate, something huge for future efficiency. You then go and defend a player who is constantly hurt (Wiggins is the only player to start every game for us this year), and quite frankly, I see absolutely nothing in Bennett that suggests more than a depth big man, ie, a 7-8th man. Wiggins, you can see the potential. Get his handles under control, and his shot selection already improves.

We are not seeing the same things. I am not going to say Wiggins doesn't frustrate me much of the time, but he is oozing with potential. Bennett is just oozing.

2-ONE-5
12-17-2014, 12:40 PM

not so sure. he is still going to have to perform and right now he is certainly behind both Sixers rookies in Mcdaniels and Noel. But if he can close the gap and make it close enough i suspect he will win it

2-ONE-5
12-17-2014, 12:42 PM
the good thing for Parker is that nlike someone like Rose he doesnt have to rely on athleticism so as long as he recovers normal he should be fine going forward.

JustinTime
12-17-2014, 03:40 PM

I am not even defending Wiggins. He has done nothing to impact the winning column. No rookie does. LeBron and Durant barely mattered. My issue with your constant posting is, you factor in nothing but FG% in your argument. You totally ignore Wiggins is by far and away the best defending perimeter player in the rookie class, and already draws fouls at over a 15% rate, something huge for future efficiency. You then go and defend a player who is constantly hurt (Wiggins is the only player to start every game for us this year), and quite frankly, I see absolutely nothing in Bennett that suggests more than a depth big man, ie, a 7-8th man. Wiggins, you can see the potential. Get his handles under control, and his shot selection already improves.

We are not seeing the same things. I am not going to say Wiggins doesn't frustrate me much of the time, but he is oozing with potential. Bennett is just oozing.

You can't label guys as bench warmers that early especially big men with awful coaches. Bennett was in the worst situation possible last year with incosistent minutes, injuries and extremely limited opportunity.Wiggins is in the best possible situation, healthy, and has every opportunity in the world and he has PER that is only 2.6 higher and a has a DWS that is .6 lower than Bennett as a rookie. With everything going on with Bennett in his first year you could actually argue that Wiggins has been worse.

JustinTime
12-17-2014, 03:43 PM
not so sure. he is still going to have to perform and right now he is certainly behind both Sixers rookies in Mcdaniels and Noel. But if he can close the gap and make it close enough i suspect he will win it

If Wiggins doesn't get it i'd imagine it'd be that European guy on Chicago because he's actually on a decent team unlike Wiggins, McDaniels and Noel.

WSU Tony
12-17-2014, 03:52 PM

This is before his handles which makes the stat even more important/impressive.

2-ONE-5
12-17-2014, 04:06 PM
If Wiggins doesn't get it i'd imagine it'd be that European guy on Chicago because he's actually on a decent team unlike Wiggins, McDaniels and Noel.

the team you play for means nothing in terms of ROY and its ridiculous to think otherwise. Playing decent on a good team will prob get him some votes like it did Plumlee last year but i highly doubt he wins it at his current pace.

Hawkeye15
12-17-2014, 04:11 PM
You can't label guys as bench warmers that early especially big men with awful coaches. Bennett was in the worst situation possible last year with incosistent minutes, injuries and extremely limited opportunity.Wiggins is in the best possible situation, healthy, and has every opportunity in the world and he has PER that is only 2.6 higher and a has a DWS that is .6 lower than Bennett as a rookie. With everything going on with Bennett in his first year you could actually argue that Wiggins has been worse.

You can't argue Wiggins has had the worst rookie year of any #1 pick ever. You sure can with Bennett.

Look, Bennett doesn't have that much talent. If he does, nobody has seen it. There is a reason we signed a dude off the street to play his minutes basically. He just isn't very good right now. You can crap on Wiggins all you want, his potential, and current play, take a crap on Bennett. Wiggins is already a better defender now than Bennett will ever be.

Bennett has a lot to prove just to get in a rotation for a 5 win team.

IndyRealist
12-17-2014, 04:13 PM
He has the highest PER but he also has the most help because he's surrounded by stars and vets. McDaniels, Payton and Noel are other guys in the mix.

Almost NOTHING matters in ROY voting except for total points scored.

Hawkeye15
12-17-2014, 04:22 PM
Almost NOTHING matters in ROY voting except for total points scored.

too lazy to look it up, but Chad Ford just commented in a chat, that 27 of the last 28 ROY winners led all rookies in combined points, rebounds, and assists. Wiggins is currently the leader.

5ass
12-17-2014, 05:24 PM
too lazy to look it up, but Chad Ford just commented in a chat, that 27 of the last 28 ROY winners led all rookies in combined points, rebounds, and assists. Wiggins is currently the leader.

Season is still young. I havent looked up those stats but im pretty sure noel is right behind him. Wiggins will be fighting for the ROY award.

IndyRealist
12-17-2014, 05:54 PM
If you sort the rookies by total points scored, the top 3 rookies in order are Parker, Wiggins, and McDaniels. The nba rookie ladder's top 3 are Parker, Wiggins, and McDaniels. This is relatively consistent through the years.

Hawkeye15
12-17-2014, 06:14 PM
If you sort the rookies by total points scored, the top 3 rookies in order are Parker, Wiggins, and McDaniels. The nba rookie ladder's top 3 are Parker, Wiggins, and McDaniels. This is relatively consistent through the years.

ppg almost always takes the cake in ROY.

Chrisclover
12-17-2014, 08:23 PM
Wiggins has been vaunted for a long time whereas Bennett is not only undersized, but also sort of neglected. It is about the expectation and media hype.

JustinTime
12-18-2014, 12:14 AM
Wiggins has been vaunted for a long time whereas Bennett is not only undersized, but also sort of neglected. It is about the expectation and media hype.

Exactly so when a guy as hyped as Wiggins plays as poorly as he has shouldn't he be criticized way more than a guy who wasn't even supposed to be a number 1 pick to begin with? I don't understand how Wiggins has managed to escape all the media scrutiny when he's been almost as disappointing as Bennett was last year. I can almost guarantee you that a healthy rookie Bennett on Minnesota receiving the same opportunity as Wiggins is currently getting would have put up much better stats.

2-ONE-5
12-18-2014, 09:55 AM
Season is still young. I havent looked up those stats but im pretty sure noel is right behind him. Wiggins will be fighting for the ROY award.

yea Noel and McDaniels are right there and Paytons hould be able ot valut himself into the discussion now I imagine

WSU Tony
12-18-2014, 10:49 AM
Exactly so when a guy as hyped as Wiggins plays as poorly as he has shouldn't he be criticized way more than a guy who wasn't even supposed to be a number 1 pick to begin with? I don't understand how Wiggins has managed to escape all the media scrutiny when he's been almost as disappointing as Bennett was last year. I can almost guarantee you that a healthy rookie Bennett on Minnesota receiving the same opportunity as Wiggins is currently getting would have put up much better stats.

When you come back to earth and realize your opinion on the bold sentences is really far from reality - you won't be heralded as the "JustinTime" of PSD. Even before Parker went down it was Wiggins/Parker battling for the ROY award. Yes, lots of rookies are injured. There would have been more competition had the other rookies not been injured. That still doesn't mean you can project the rest of the rookies as being as good or better than Parker/Wiggins.

Explain to me how/why Parker is so much better than Wiggins. Please don't forget to factor in Wiggins already borderline elite defense.

If you get a ton of push back for an opinion you have here on PSD you're probably off base.

2-ONE-5
12-18-2014, 10:56 AM
I really dont think wiggins stood a chance at ROY against Parker. He arguably isnt even the elader now without him playing

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-18-2014, 11:50 AM
Only thing Wiggins had going over Parker was the 3 ball. ROY is now a meaningless trophy since all rookies know it was Parkers.

JustinTime
12-18-2014, 12:03 PM
When you come back to earth and realize your opinion on the bold sentences is really far from reality - you won't be heralded as the "JustinTime" of PSD. Even before Parker went down it was Wiggins/Parker battling for the ROY award. Yes, lots of rookies are injured. There would have been more competition had the other rookies not been injured. That still doesn't mean you can project the rest of the rookies as being as good or better than Parker/Wiggins.

Explain to me how/why Parker is so much better than Wiggins. Please don't forget to factor in Wiggins already borderline elite defense.

If you get a ton of push back for an opinion you have here on PSD you're probably off base.

I'll just give you stats they explain themselves:

Jabari 29.5 MPG, Wiggins 30.8 MPG. Jabari FG 49%, Wiggins FG 39.6%. Jabari .527 TS%, Wiggins .468 TS%. Jabari 1.7 AST, Wiggins 1.3AST. Jabari 5.5 REB, Wiggins 3.8 REB. Jabari 1.2 STL, Wiggins 1.0 STL. Jabari .4 OWS, Wiggins -.6 OWS. Jabari .8 DWS, Wiggins .1. Jabari 1.2 WS, Wiggins -.6 WS. Jabari 102 ORtg, Wiggins 91 ORtg. Jabari 106 DRtg, Wiggins 114 DRtg. Jabari 14.88 PER, Wiggins 9.42 PER.

As I said before Wiggins has played awful this year. Parker even has him beat in all the defensive stats and he was supposed to be terrible in college.

WSU Tony
12-18-2014, 01:20 PM
I'll just give you stats they explain themselves:

Jabari 29.5 MPG, Wiggins 30.8 MPG. Jabari FG 49%, Wiggins FG 39.6%. Jabari .527 TS%, Wiggins .468 TS%. Jabari 1.7 AST, Wiggins 1.3AST. Jabari 5.5 REB, Wiggins 3.8 REB. Jabari 1.2 STL, Wiggins 1.0 STL. Jabari .4 OWS, Wiggins -.6 OWS. Jabari .8 DWS, Wiggins .1. Jabari 1.2 WS, Wiggins -.6 WS. Jabari 102 ORtg, Wiggins 91 ORtg. Jabari 106 DRtg, Wiggins 114 DRtg. Jabari 14.88 PER, Wiggins 9.42 PER.

As I said before Wiggins has played awful this year. Parker even has him beat in all the defensive stats and he was supposed to be terrible in college.

This is why your arguments will always be weak. I'm not saying Parker isn't the better ball player (in a year where he is supposed to be the better ball player). I'm saying that your perceived view of his opponent is so far off base everything you say to credit Parker is coming from an inflated starting point.

You think Bennett has a better future than Wiggins for crying out loud. You'll lose 90% of your arguments if this is where you make your stand.

Honestly, it's kind of how I look at you. My perceived viewpoint of you tarnishes what might actually be a good argument. LOL

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/fieldGoalPct/position/rookies

Wiggins is 8th in field goal percentage among rookies. In your opinion if Wiggins is "horrible," what does that make the "rest" of the rookies? Beyond horrible?

Hawkeye15
12-18-2014, 02:00 PM
Only thing Wiggins had going over Parker was the 3 ball. ROY is now a meaningless trophy since all rookies know it was Parkers.

it's usually meaningless haha

Chrisclover
12-18-2014, 09:42 PM
This is why your arguments will always be weak. I'm not saying Parker isn't the better ball player (in a year where he is supposed to be the better ball player). I'm saying that your perceived view of his opponent is so far off base everything you say to credit Parker is coming from an inflated starting point.

You think Bennett has a better future than Wiggins for crying out loud. You'll lose 90% of your arguments if this is where you make your stand.

Honestly, it's kind of how I look at you. My perceived viewpoint of you tarnishes what might actually be a good argument. LOL

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/fieldGoalPct/position/rookies

Wiggins is 8th in field goal percentage among rookies. In your opinion if Wiggins is "horrible," what does that make the "rest" of the rookies? Beyond horrible?
As terrible as Kobe's. And yeah, i am comparing his FG%to a superstar's. IMO, 45% is acceptable for a household name like him.
Wiggins has been long vaunted as the next Lebron. So now the media hype just bugs him when he cannot adjust himself as smoothly as the 18-year-old Lebron.

Hawkeye15
12-19-2014, 06:51 PM
As terrible as Kobe's. And yeah, i am comparing his FG%to a superstar's. IMO, 45% is acceptable for a household name like him.
Wiggins has been long vaunted as the next Lebron. So now the media hype just bugs him when he cannot adjust himself as smoothly as the 18-year-old Lebron.

18 year old LeBron had awesome handles, was the same athlete Wiggins is, with 25 more lbs of muscle. HUGE difference. LeBron lived at the rim off dribble drives his first 3 years. I don't get the comparisons honestly. Never did.