PDA

View Full Version : What is Wrong with This Year's Rookie Class?

JustinTime
12-16-2014, 01:33 PM
6 of the top ten picks are out or have been out with serious injuries this year.

#2 Parker
#3 Embiid
#4 Gordan
#6 Smart
#7 Randle
#9 Voneleh

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-16-2014, 01:59 PM
sprained knee is serious?

2-ONE-5
12-16-2014, 02:20 PM
im not sure what kind of answers you are expecting, injuries happen. These guys will recover and have long productive careers

BHF
12-16-2014, 02:26 PM
I like how he left out Wiggins :laugh:

AllBall
12-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Overhyped by ESPN.

They need more time in college.

But NCAA screws them over so I don't blame 'em.

If the D-Leauge could be a true farm system it'd be a nice alternative for them.

RLundi
12-16-2014, 03:32 PM

Wiggins hasn't been out with an extended injury.

2-ONE-5
12-16-2014, 03:40 PM
Overhyped by ESPN.

They need more time in college.

But NCAA screws them over so I don't blame 'em.

If the D-Leauge could be a true farm system it'd be a nice alternative for them.

not all of them needed more time. But guys like Wiggins, Gordon, Vonleh sure would have benefited from it

JEDean89
12-16-2014, 03:47 PM
jesus christ this rookie class (as well as the sophomore class) is just fine. Last year, Porter, Bennet, Len, Noel, Burke and many more missed significant time. It's part of the game.

koreancabbage
12-16-2014, 05:05 PM
INCREASE THE age LIMIT!

JustinTime
12-16-2014, 09:43 PM

WTF, Why would I include him when he hasn't been injured at all.

JustinTime
12-16-2014, 09:45 PM
This thread is about injuries not poor production so read beyond the title before commenting.

InRoseWeTrust
12-16-2014, 11:29 PM
It's a bit above average, but it happens. Bodies adjust when you switch to an "it's my job", round the clock, 82 game schedule.

The only two that really worry me on the list are:

Embiid - having the problems late at UK, and then foot surgery right before the draft. Hope they are isolated incidents and he's able to put together a long career for Philly, because he was one hell of a prospect.

Randle - a lot of teams passed on him because of foot issues, and then he breaks a leg. Hate to see big guys go down for reasons below the waist. Same thoughts on him as Embiid though - I think he could be a very productive big in this league for LAL, and they need him.

JustinTime
12-17-2014, 12:07 AM
sprained knee is serious?

It was an ACL injury he's out for the season.

JasonJohnHorn
12-17-2014, 09:48 AM
I frankly seems pointless to watch rookies... they are so $#!T compared to how they used to play when they stayed in college for at least two and often 3 or 4.

But that said, even LBJ and Amare looked like studs coming out of highschool. Dwight too for that matter.

Most of these kids aren't NBA ready, so we are very rarely going to see a stellar rookie campaign like we did with Jordan, and D-Rob, and Shaq.

That said... the players are just as good... look at Anthony Davis. If he stayed four years, than next year would have been his rookie year. Could you imagine him putting up better numbers as a rookie than he is putting up this year?

LeBron James led the league in scoring at the age of 23, which would have been his rookie season had he stayed in college.

As for the injuries... I think it is a fluke, unless these guys are using PEDs or something, making them injury prone. It is a common trend now... Oden, Griffin, Noel, Embiid. I would say that it might be because they are young kids who aren't fully developed banging with guys who outweight them by 40 pounds but most of these injuries happen before the season even starts.... so I dunno.... it is bizarre.

colinskik
12-17-2014, 10:46 AM

Hey dumb ***. Reading comprehension. Apply it.