PDA

View Full Version : Pistons willing to deal Monroe for first round pick

spreadeagle
12-15-2014, 11:23 PM
If a team really wants Greg Monroe — and there are teams that do want the Pistons’ disgruntled center thinking he could be an All-Star level player with a change of scenery and if he is used properly — how much are they willing to give up to get him? Especially since he can be a free agent at the end of the year anyway so they can just sign him outright.

What the Pistons want for Monroe is a first round pick.

That sounds steep but it’s the asking price reports Sean Deveney of the Sporting News.

According to NBA rules, Pistons forward Greg Monroe is now eligible to be traded. And, sources told Sporting News, he wants that, badly. But teams seeking Monroe will need to cough up a first-round pick, and that’s a sticking point….

As part of (his qualifying offer) contract, under NBA rules, Monroe is allowed to veto any trade the Pistons come up with before February’s trading deadline. But that won’t happen, a source with knowledge of the situation told Sporting News. Detroit is off to a brutal 5-19 start, and Monroe would be happy to exit stage left—though the Pistons want a first-rounder to help with their rebuilding in return.

“Everyone knows he wants out of there,” the source told SN. “There is almost nothing he would shoot down.” http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/15/report-pistons-asking-for-first-round-pick-for-greg-monroe/

koreancabbage
12-15-2014, 11:39 PM
I would like the Raptors take a chance on him, we need size.

Outside of Jonas, Chuck Hayes is our biggest guy lol

Shammyguy3
12-15-2014, 11:43 PM
Three team deal (works financially in Trade Machine):
CHI ---> Gibson, Moore, CHI 1st
CHI <--- Chandler, Hickson

DET ---> Monroe
DET <--- Gibson, CHI 1st

DEN ---> Chandler, Hickson
DEN <--- Monroe, Moore

Rose/Brooks
Butler/Hinrich/Snell
Chandler/Dunleavy/McDermott
Gasol/Mirotic/Bairstow
Noah/Hickson/Nazr

Detroit gets a stop-gap PF AND a first round pick. Denver gets Monroe, a solid low-post offensive player with + handles that can help them in the playoffs when the pace slows down. Not to mention, they'd be able to play him at his actual position (center) next to Faried/Gallinari/Afflalo/Lawson with that spacing. We get an upgrade in the starting lineup (and wing rotation by a lot) and get a solid replacement for Taj.

I think every team wins this.

spreadeagle
12-15-2014, 11:48 PM

Raps should jump all over this...

Miltstar
12-15-2014, 11:49 PM

I'd give up a first for him... possibly even 2 Amir to back up 5 keep 2Pat at back up 4, Hansbrough 3rd big off the bench

lakerfan85
12-15-2014, 11:57 PM
Lakers should offer the first they got from the Rockets for him..

koreancabbage
12-15-2014, 11:57 PM
I'd give up a first for him... possibly even 2 Amir to back up 5 keep 2Pat at back up 4, Hansbrough 3rd big off the bench

he would open up the floor for GV and Lou on the second unit.

Seeing how hobbled Amir is, Monroe and Patterson would compliment each other nicely

koreancabbage
12-15-2014, 11:59 PM
Lakers should offer the first they got from the Rockets for him..

why? Lakers are rebuilding. Why waste a draft pick when its obvious you guys need to look forward to a future without Kobe. Don't know how trading for Monroe would do you any good when you can just sign him next year.

It doesn't really make sense for any non-playoff team to go after him unless you're in 9th or 10th

Jeffy25
12-16-2014, 12:00 AM
Well it's not going to be a very good first rounder any way, a mid to late 20's pick probably, considering the teams that would be trading for him.

koreancabbage
12-16-2014, 12:01 AM
Well it's not going to be a very good first rounder any way, a mid to late 20's pick probably, considering the teams that would be trading for him.

exactly - you still got the Laker fan who wants to trade a draft pick for him when the Lakers have 0 chance to make the playoffs. Laker fan, you can just sign him when he becomes a free agent.

bucketss
12-16-2014, 12:09 AM
raptors have knicks 2016 pick to

joshhorvath
12-16-2014, 12:14 AM

that pick is too valuable.. knicks suck brah.

Cracka2HI!
12-16-2014, 12:20 AM
Raptors and Suns make the most sense to me.

mngopher35
12-16-2014, 12:20 AM
Raptors do seem like a good option, maybe the wizards too. As said before likely would be a team picking in the 20s you would think.

koreancabbage
12-16-2014, 12:28 AM

why would we trade that pick? lol Thats like a golden nugget - wait, did I say that?

because the nuggets are doing bad as well.

tp13baby
12-16-2014, 12:48 AM

why would we trade that pick? lol Thats like a golden nugget - wait, did I say that?

because the nuggets are doing bad as well.

As a Nuggets fan I am already praying for Ben Simmons in that draft.

koreancabbage
12-16-2014, 01:01 AM
As a Nuggets fan I am already praying for Ben Simmons in that draft.

you can be bad and the knicks can be bad in 2016.

I have no qualms about that. Seems like you guys need a reset on this team. there is no identity and a bunch of redundancies all around. Ty Lawson looks to be the only keeper on this team thus far.

tp13baby
12-16-2014, 01:14 AM

you can be bad and the knicks can be bad in 2016.

I have no qualms about that. Seems like you guys need a reset on this team. there is no identity and a bunch of redundancies all around. Ty Lawson looks to be the only keeper on this team thus far.

Couldn't agree more. We will be the most active at the deadline I promise that. Javale McGee is unmovable, and probably Gallo too based off their contract and health.

Faried- teams will be after him.
Wilson Chandler- OKC is interested but really have nothing to offer.
Mozgov- Cleveland is interested in him.
Foye- good bench player for playoff teams
Hickson- serviceable bench player

Jarvo
12-16-2014, 01:21 AM
I still want The Spurs to get him.

Miltstar
12-16-2014, 01:25 AM
his salary matches up nicely with Chuck Hayes... just sayin... Hayes + first + second?

meloman1592
12-16-2014, 02:24 AM
He'll be a knick in the summer 😬

TrueFan420
12-16-2014, 04:48 AM
I think most teams would want him to sign an extension before including a first for him.

Blink
12-16-2014, 08:26 AM
I'll take any 1st. I mean it's still robbing him because he is a great young player but he clearly isn't happy here

koreancabbage
12-16-2014, 09:04 AM
I think most teams would want him to sign an extension before including a first for him.

not true.

beasted86
12-16-2014, 09:13 AM

Can't sign extension till after season anyway. CBA rules.

JasonJohnHorn
12-16-2014, 09:35 AM
I think they want more than a first. It's just that the deal MUST INCLUDE a first.

And they aren't taking a first from a playoff team. That doesn't even count at a first.

If he gets shipped out for nothing more than a pick, it will be to Philly, Orlando, Utah or the Bucks.

beasted86
12-16-2014, 09:46 AM
I think they want more than a first. It's just that the deal MUST INCLUDE a first.

And they aren't taking a first from a playoff team. That doesn't even count at a first.

If he gets shipped out for nothing more than a pick, it will be to Philly, Orlando, Utah or the Bucks.

And why wouldn't Monroe veto going to another terrible team or one where he comes off the bench?

We've all seen last year with Evan Turner what can happen being traded to the wrong team, especially the wrong team that doesn't even have the finances to resign you if they wanted. I'm sure he and his agents will talk about those issues first.

Right now the Pistons have no leverage. They suck, he won't be restricted, and he has veto power on all trades, and he's been in and out of the starting unit. .

2-ONE-5
12-16-2014, 09:52 AM

no way do the Sixers, Magic, or Jazz deal for him. Makes sense for the Bucks though and they have moveable peices but they should be trying to keep their first

dhopisthename
12-16-2014, 09:52 AM

not a chance they get much more then a first and a lotto team won't give up a high pick for him. remember that A. he has zero desire to be there and won't resign and other teams know this B. the team that gets him might not get more then a the rest of the year C. all those teams you listed will probably have max cap space and could just sign him in the offseason.

koreancabbage
12-16-2014, 10:11 AM

why would a lotto team include a first? thats the dumbest **** ever. you can't even resign him with any protection. Its a first plus extra bench fodder/expirings. So obvious they have to go Josh Smith + Drummond route going forward - as crappy as that sounds bc Drummond/Monroe doesn't work either.

theducksmuggler
12-16-2014, 10:17 AM
Spurs need to sneakily jump on this...or the Raptors

GrumpyOldMan
12-16-2014, 10:21 AM
The only first rounder they will get is from a playoff team or at best a team with playoff potential. Then it has to be a team with either cap flexibility or an expiring contract that matches Monroe's salary as I'm sure Detroit wants the $$ off the books in the offseason.
Toronto is a great match IMO.

likemystylez
12-16-2014, 10:33 AM
exactly - you still got the Laker fan who wants to trade a draft pick for him when the Lakers have 0 chance to make the playoffs. Laker fan, you can just sign him when he becomes a free agent.

he said trade their first round pick from the rockets, not their own pick. monroe is better than any player you would get with the rockets pick this year.

in free agency the player has to agree to go to the lakers- im not sure if you noticed but the lakers arent a very popular destination these days. Last week a d league player turned down a 10 day contract with them to keep making 2800 a month in the d league

GrumpyOldMan
12-16-2014, 10:42 AM
he said trade their first round pick from the rockets, not their own pick. monroe is better than any player you would get with the rockets pick this year.

in free agency the player has to agree to go to the lakers- im not sure if you noticed but the lakers arent a very popular destination these days. Last week a d league player turned down a 10 day contract with them to keep making 2800 a month in the d league

Whether it is a late first or not, why would a rebuilding team like the Lakers give one up for a player who will be a UFA at season's end?

likemystylez
12-16-2014, 10:45 AM
giving up a late 20s first isnt a big deal- they can be bought on draft night by owners willing to spend. The warriors owner has bought two late firsts and an early second in recent years.

having said that- monroe just picked up randle as their 4... so i dont know if monroe plays center?

but with a late first unless you have a really good eye for talent- theres a good chance that player wont even be a rotation player

mightybosstone
12-16-2014, 10:47 AM
As a Rockets fan, I do not want this guy in Houston. He's a minus player on defense and he's regressed from a productivity standpoint since he peaked as a sophomore. If he could be had at $8-$10 million a year, that's a pretty good deal for a guy who is a No. 3 at best on a contending team. But he's probably going to warrant $12 million a year or more based on market value. He's just not worth that.

There are some teams that I think could use him. But I think you need a really good team defense or an elite defensive big man next to him for that situation to work. If I had to bet, though, I'd bet that any team paying Monroe market value price in his prime will never win a championship.

koreancabbage
12-16-2014, 12:25 PM

but why give up a future asset for a 1 year rental for Monroe? Lakers are gonna suck this year - Monroe actually might make them better...

this is counter-intuitive for a team looking towards the lottery this offseason.

dalton749
12-16-2014, 12:51 PM
i hope the raps trade their pick for something
we're already a young team, with 16th and 20th pick rookies at the end of the bench to develop
another young player next year is too much when your coach doesnt like playing young guys

it would probably be worth the gamble to give up the pick to see if it works, and amir can move to a bench role and get healthy

the bench would be better than quite a few teams starters lol

HoopsDrive
12-16-2014, 01:05 PM
Raptors could use this guy. We need some help on the frontcourt, I don't really trust Amir and JV come playoff time. Platooning Patterson and Johnson at PF is working right now but getting a legit big would do wonders for the second unit.

Also, Hansbrough really shouldn't be getting 15 minutes a game for a contending team. I know he tries but he's simply awful. With Monroe that's a solid frontcourt rotation you're looking at.

Sadds The Gr8
12-16-2014, 01:07 PM

Why? He doesn't fit...

koreancabbage
12-16-2014, 01:16 PM
Why? He doesn't fit...

and Jonas does?

JustinTime
12-16-2014, 01:45 PM
he'd be perfect for the Raptors but only if he gets extended if not **** him. He's shooting 76% from the FT too which I really like because a lot of big are major liabilities there.

JustinTime
12-16-2014, 01:48 PM
and Jonas does?

Raps should get him and then trade Jonas for a more athletic defensive C than they'd be set.

Sadds The Gr8
12-16-2014, 02:17 PM
and Jonas does?
You'd rather have Monroe than jonas? I wouldnt.

Htownballa1622
12-16-2014, 02:42 PM
Rockets out- Nop Pick
Detroit out- Monroe
Suns out- Dragic

Rockets in-Dragic
Detroit in - Nop 1st rounder
Suns in- Monroe

Add a few fillers here and there.:bow:

D-Leethal
12-16-2014, 02:59 PM
As a Rockets fan, I do not want this guy in Houston. He's a minus player on defense and he's regressed from a productivity standpoint since he peaked as a sophomore. If he could be had at $8-$10 million a year, that's a pretty good deal for a guy who is a No. 3 at best on a contending team. But he's probably going to warrant $12 million a year or more based on market value. He's just not worth that.

There are some teams that I think could use him. But I think you need a really good team defense or an elite defensive big man next to him for that situation to work. If I had to bet, though, I'd bet that any team paying Monroe market value price in his prime will never win a championship.

"He Regressed" is a blanket statement. Ask yourself "why did he regress" and it will not take you too long to figure it out. Monroe is in a horrible situation for his game, they have the worst spacing in the league and the most discombobulated front line in the league, playing next to arguably the biggest space-eater in the league.

Monroe will win MIP if he goes to a better situation - that dude can play. 90% of NBA 4s are minus players on defense nowadays.

rockets-fan
12-16-2014, 03:22 PM
Rockets out- Nop Pick
Detroit out- Monroe
Suns out- Dragic

Rockets in-Dragic
Detroit in - Nop 1st rounder
Suns in- Monroe

Add a few fillers here and there.:bow:

Beautiful trade for all teams actually, Pistons will probably want to either get a young prospect back aswell but that can be done.

Htownballa1622
12-16-2014, 03:34 PM
Beautiful trade for all teams actually, Pistons will probably want to either get a young prospect back aswell but that can be done.

I'd throw in any young guy pretty much. Make it happen Morey

koreancabbage
12-16-2014, 03:36 PM
You'd rather have Monroe than jonas? I wouldnt.

I'm not saying that at all.

I'm saying is that he would automatically become our best big man and poses an inside threat all the time. He doesn't need help from the guards to score. Jonas/ Amir all need a good PG to get them going.

Even if he plays off the bench - he would give the Raptors a new perspective on offense.
1) size 2) interior scoring

Sadds The Gr8
12-16-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm not saying that at all.

I'm saying is that he would automatically become our best big man and poses an inside threat all the time. He doesn't need help from the guards to score. Jonas/ Amir all need a good PG to get them going.

Even if he plays off the bench - he would give the Raptors a new perspective on offense.
1) size 2) interior scoring
We don't need a player with his skill set/limitations. Hes a god awful defender and can't shoot a lick. Your idea would work if he came off the bench and played a lot of mins with Patterson but he likely doesn't wanna come off the bench. He already hates that role

koreancabbage
12-16-2014, 04:11 PM
We don't need a player with his skill set/limitations. Hes a god awful defender and can't shoot a lick. Your idea would work if he came off the bench and played a lot of mins with Patterson but he likely doesn't wanna come off the bench. He already hates that role

he hates that role because his team is losing and he's still coming off the bench

why - because our bigs are so talented? none of them can score by themselves and not as gifted as Monroe offensively speaking - who is a hugely underrated passer as well.

the skillset will come in handy once you get to the playoffs, when you can't buy a jumpshot. still a decent rebounder and young and can be molded. he's only 24 years old btw.

low risk, huge reward for anyone who can pick him up.

Sadds The Gr8
12-16-2014, 04:18 PM
he hates that role because his team is losing and he's still coming off the bench

why - because our bigs are so talented? none of them can score by themselves and not as gifted as Monroe offensively speaking - who is a hugely underrated passer as well.

the skillset will come in handy once you get to the playoffs, when you can't buy a jumpshot. still a decent rebounder and young and can be molded. he's only 24 years old btw.

low risk, huge reward for anyone who can pick him up.
Not because our bigs are so talented, but because Monroe is sort of 1 dimensional and wouldn't help a team that struggles at protecting the rim already. Getting rid of shooting (ppat) or defense (amir) for a player that does some of the same thing Jonas does is dumb. Cutting off nose to spite face. The team is better off w/o Monroe. Raps fans panicking for no reason.

ghettosean
12-16-2014, 04:23 PM

Why? He doesn't fit...

Someone just made sense!

koreancabbage
12-16-2014, 04:23 PM
Not because our bigs are so talented, but because Monroe is sort of 1 dimensional and wouldn't help a team that struggles at protecting the rim already. Getting rid of shooting (ppat) or defense (amir) for a player that does some of the same thing Jonas does is dumb. Cutting off nose to spite face. The team is better off w/o Monroe. Raps fans panicking for no reason.

dude is 24. unmotivated by bad teams.

okay - would you do it if the deal didn't include Amir or Patterson?.

real raps fans know they need to bolster their front court if they mean serious business in the East, esp if the price is just a first rounder + expiring.

ghettosean
12-16-2014, 04:31 PM

dude is 24. unmotivated by bad teams.

okay - would you do it if the deal didn't include Amir or Patterson?.

real raps fans know they need to bolster their front court if they mean serious business in the East, esp if the price is just a first rounder + expiring.

Unless we are getting a PF who is offensively skilled to make us more of an inside threat I don't want him... We don't need a player like Monroe on our squad we need a Paul Milsap or Pau Gasol type of player.

Sad is right Monroe doesn't have the skillset we need aside from just being a big man. Also the bolded hurts man... lol

ghettosean
12-16-2014, 04:34 PM
Just to add PP makes that 2nd unit so dangerous because he causes match up problems for teams.... So many 3pt threats on that 2nd unit and Paterson can rebound i wouldn't trade him for Monroe

koreancabbage
12-16-2014, 05:02 PM
Unless we are getting a PF who is offensively skilled to make us more of an inside threat I don't want him... We don't need a player like Monroe on our squad we need a Paul Milsap or Pau Gasol type of player.

Sad is right Monroe doesn't have the skillset we need aside from just being a big man. Also the bolded hurts man... lol

well sadly, none of those players are up for trade right now.

Only reason why I can take a risk on Monroe is that he's a low risk (look at what we're giving up), high reward opportunity.

Defensively speaking, if Harden can become motivated, Greg Monroe - at 24 years of age, playing for a big contract - I just don't see why a team like the Raptors, who CAN use a player like Monroe, can't be counted on to be at least average defensively.

That last sentence to what you're referring to: it doesn't have to be Monroe but if he came cheap, i don't see why not.

THE MTL
12-16-2014, 05:24 PM
Pistons know he isnt staying there so they want to take whatever they can get. Only catch is Monroe has to be willing to resign with that team.

IversonIsKrazy
12-16-2014, 05:27 PM
I doubt this is true tbh, if the asking price is only a first-rounder, teams would already be rumored, everyone would be jumping on this, how could you noT?

Howard_Zinn
12-16-2014, 05:46 PM
I doubt this is true tbh, if the asking price is only a first-rounder, teams would already be rumored, everyone would be jumping on this, how could you noT?

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/544943994904772609

Follow

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
‏@WojYahooNBA
Among most active teams on phones: (in no order): Celtics, Pistons, Suns, Timberwolves, Hornets, Clippers, Pacers, Nets, Nuggets, Rockets.

Not sure how to post twitter, sorry. Sounds like teams are talking though.

ghettosean
12-16-2014, 05:50 PM
well sadly, none of those players are up for trade right now.

Only reason why I can take a risk on Monroe is that he's a low risk (look at what we're giving up), high reward opportunity.

Defensively speaking, if Harden can become motivated, Greg Monroe - at 24 years of age, playing for a big contract - I just don't see why a team like the Raptors, who CAN use a player like Monroe, can't be counted on to be at least average defensively.

That last sentence to what you're referring to: it doesn't have to be Monroe but if he came cheap, i don't see why not.

I'll just say in Masai we trust... If we were to trade Hayes and a 2nd rounder I'd consider it... I just don't want to get attached to the wrong fit on the team and spend our cap space resigning the wrong type of player.

Howard_Zinn
12-16-2014, 05:53 PM
I'll just say in Masai we trust... If we were to trade Hayes and a 2nd rounder I'd consider it... I just don't want to get attached to the wrong fit on the team and spend our cap space resigning the wrong type of player.

I'm sure Detroit can get a 1st from someone. Even if it's just a late 1st. If you think they want Chuck Hayes and a 2nd rounder, give me some of what you're smoking..

Tony_Starks
12-16-2014, 06:13 PM
Its hard for me gauge Monroe's game playing alongside Drummond, its such a horrible fit. He does strike me as a bit lazy though...

koreancabbage
12-16-2014, 06:37 PM

it has to be a first. and why do we want the pick? its guaranteed money to a player when we don't need any more young players.

Jamiecballer
12-16-2014, 07:03 PM
As a raps fan I'd definitely be willing to swap Patrick Patterson for him

IBleedPurple
12-16-2014, 07:43 PM

DET ---> Monroe
DET <--- Gibson, CHI 1st

DEN <--- Monroe, Moore

Rose/Brooks
Butler/Hinrich/Snell
Gasol/Mirotic/Bairstow
Noah/Hickson/Nazr

Detroit gets a stop-gap PF AND a first round pick. Denver gets Monroe, a solid low-post offensive player with + handles that can help them in the playoffs when the pace slows down. Not to mention, they'd be able to play him at his actual position (center) next to Faried/Gallinari/Afflalo/Lawson with that spacing. We get an upgrade in the starting lineup (and wing rotation by a lot) and get a solid replacement for Taj.

I think every team wins this.Yes please. I'd take that deal for sure, with a handshake on resigning Monroe. As tp13 mentioned, we'll be very active.

Mave1002
12-16-2014, 11:24 PM
why? Lakers are rebuilding. Why waste a draft pick when its obvious you guys need to look forward to a future without Kobe. Don't know how trading for Monroe would do you any good when you can just sign him next year.

It doesn't really make sense for any non-playoff team to go after him unless you're in 9th or 10th

Our 1st from Houston would probably be a late first. So if the Pistons would want to get it and... take on Jordan Hill's contract?

Lakers first (from Houston) + Sacre

for

Monroe + Anthony (or maybe even Augustin if the FO could pull it off)

Monroe-Davis
Boozer-(Randle)
Wes-Swag
Kobe-Ellington
Lin-Augustin-Price

koreancabbage
12-16-2014, 11:29 PM
Our 1st from Houston would probably be a late first. So if the Pistons would want to get it and... take on Jordan Hill's contract?

Lakers first (from Houston) + Sacre

for

Monroe + Anthony (or maybe even Augustin if the FO could pull it off)

Monroe-Anthony
Boozer-Davis-(Randle)
Wes-Swag
Kobe-Ellington
Lin-Augustin-Price

why? i'm just curious why Lakers would make a move to get better?

Mave1002
12-16-2014, 11:33 PM
^sad part is that tanking is not a "part" of the team's short term plans.

Ty Fast
12-17-2014, 12:16 AM
Detroit should give him to any team willing to take back josh smith or brandon jennings or both of them.

ghettosean
12-17-2014, 01:19 AM

I'm sure Detroit can get a 1st from someone. Even if it's just a late 1st. If you think they want Chuck Hayes and a 2nd rounder, give me some of what you're smoking..

I don't think they want Hayes but he's an expiring to make the contacts match. I just don't see the point of trading for a player who doesn't fit our needs and trading a player of value like Patterson who has a unique skill set or a first rounder to get a player who doesn't fit our needs aside from being a big body. I'm not dissing Monroe he just doesn't fit our needs.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-17-2014, 07:55 AM
Why give up a pick? Just sign him out right. Since he took the QO he will be UFA this summer. Only way he returns to Detroit is if Smith and Jennings is traded.

MonroeFAN
12-17-2014, 07:58 AM

DET ---> Monroe
DET <--- Gibson, CHI 1st

DEN <--- Monroe, Moore

Rose/Brooks
Butler/Hinrich/Snell
Gasol/Mirotic/Bairstow
Noah/Hickson/Nazr

I think every team wins this.

Yes please

thomass
12-17-2014, 03:58 PM
Hawks wanted him in the offseason

TrueFan420
12-17-2014, 04:22 PM
Hawks wanted him in the offseason
He'd make a good fit with Al and Milsap. The only question is would be resign with them and for the right price to make up giving up a pick. Even if it's a late pick it still has value. Only makes sense for them if their confident he resigns and if they're over the cap as is, so that they can continue to go over it to bring him back. Otherwise they can just sign him in the summer.

Kicks For Grits
12-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Monroe to Chicago for a protected 1st round pick. Protected all the way until the year 2036

Wade n Fade
12-17-2014, 05:17 PM
I think the Pistons should keep Monroe. Develop a front line led team with a PG like Mike Conley and develop like the Grizzlies.

*Silver&Black*
12-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Supposedly Pistons wanted Korver AND Teague for Monroe's expiring contract. lol.

Crackadalic
12-17-2014, 09:58 PM
Doesn't monroe have to accept a trade first? Plus he will his bird rights. I don't see this happening. He's stuck in Detroit till after the season

Howard_Zinn
12-17-2014, 10:22 PM
Doesn't monroe have to accept a trade first? Plus he will his bird rights. I don't see this happening. He's stuck in Detroit till after the season

Monroe would accept a trade. His minutes are disappearing and he's on the bench.

mark1125
12-17-2014, 10:39 PM

He wants out. I think if he can go to a playoff team, he will sign off on a deal.

kduce
12-17-2014, 10:54 PM

You hit the nail right on the head. Saying he is ok with a trade hurts him more than it helps. Why give up your bird rights if you are him and miss out in potential money? Pistons would get nothing good back in return, they are better off hoping they can trade Smoove and then try and get Monroe to stay at the end of the year. It's the best play to wait it out for Monroe as well as The Pistons as crazy as the idea of him staying is, it's still another option that he has available to him... why limit himself more?

Cal827
12-17-2014, 11:33 PM

I'm not so sure that he wouldn't. If he becomes a bench role-player, it could potentially hurt his value on the market. You know that someone will probably try to low ball him this offseason. If he can join a team that is going to the playoffs and can be the first or second guy off the bench (or starter, depending on where he goes), he'll probably command larger offers in the offseason.

canzano55
12-18-2014, 12:57 AM
As a raps fan I'd definitely be willing to swap Patrick Patterson for himWhy!!!???