PDA

View Full Version : Should Houston make a push for D-Will?

JasonJohnHorn
12-12-2014, 12:32 PM
The Rockets have a hole at point guard and a trade exception. The Nets are having a fire sale and D-Will.

If its a matter of matching contracts, Kostas and Terry should do the trick. If the Nets want a young cheap players, Jones or Beverley may help.

Is something like this worth exploring for Houston?

Verbal Christ
12-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Hell to the no

CluTcH_c1tY
12-12-2014, 03:04 PM
The Rockets are fine with Beverly and Canaan. Now if they're willing to trade KG to the Rockets I wouldn't mind that.

Htownballa1622
12-12-2014, 03:07 PM
No and I don't think that Trade exception can be used with other pieces in a trade.

So, D Will for the trade exception wouldn't work straight up.

Htownballa1622
12-12-2014, 03:08 PM
The Rockets are fine with Beverly and Canaan. Now if they're willing to trade KG to the Rockets I wouldn't mind that.

I would question EVERYTHING if KG was somehow on the Rockets. **** that guy.

2-ONE-5
12-12-2014, 03:35 PM
D-will stinks

FlashBolt
12-12-2014, 03:35 PM
Houston are on a roll right now. Why go after D-Will when there are much better PG's than him out there?

Crackadalic
12-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Hell no. Rockets have a hard nose defender at that position. Why trade for a lazy glass ankles point guard who needs the ball in his hand to be effective. They already have Harden for that. It didn't work with Lin. Why would it for D-will

True Rocket
12-12-2014, 03:49 PM
I would question EVERYTHING if KG was somehow on the Rockets. **** that guy.

KG makes the Rockets a better team for the right package. He adds rebounding, defense and can spread the floor next to Dwight. I would take him in, for the right price.

CluTcH_c1tY
12-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Imagine this defensive line up Bev/Harden/Ariza/KG/Dwight. They could live with Hardens limited defense. Lol

GiantsSwaGG
12-12-2014, 04:34 PM
They need to trade for Melo

Dwill stinks

Ariza's Better
12-12-2014, 04:35 PM
I just vomited thinking about Dwill on this team. Also the rockets giant hole isn't the PG, it's the rockets back-up C.

InRoseWeTrust
12-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Houston would be much better suited adding depth instead of bringing in a guy like Deron. Beverly is just the PG you want next to Harden - defends hard, doesn't demand the ball, and can hit the three.

cmellofan15
12-12-2014, 04:45 PM
no team in the nba should make a push for d will at this point..

CluTcH_c1tY
12-12-2014, 04:47 PM
What happened to Dwill? in his Utah days you could of had a strong debate saying he was better or on par with CP3.

Htownballa1622
12-12-2014, 04:59 PM
KG makes the Rockets a better team for the right package. He adds rebounding, defense and can spread the floor next to Dwight. I would take him in, for the right price.

Oh my issue is with Kg. I've hated that guy for a while now.

Think terry (pre rox), Mo Williams, stockton, malone type hate times 1,000,000.

Tony_Starks
12-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Honestly Terry will probably give them about as much as D Will. And I damn sure wouldn't trade Beverly.

Kyben36
12-12-2014, 05:18 PM
cant get him financially, cant combined trade exceptions with anything, and i know they dont have nearly 20 mil trade eception

D-Leethal
12-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Trade your 8M exception for Calderon.

rhino17
12-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Absolutely not. I am ver happy with the current roster and would only use the trade exception to add front court depth

Canaan and Terry are exactly what I want in the starting backcourt, 2 great shooter and canaan looks like a mini harden/beverly hybrid before he got hurt.

Papa has come in and replaced the one thing I thought they would miss with Parsons gone (another wing ball handler). He basically has Parsons skill set, if he can improve his shooting numbers he will be an excellent role play in the nba

DMO can play the 4 and 5 although there is no way he goes back to the bench now, he's just too good. That leaves Jones coming off the bench if he ever recovers.

Black is more than enough for spot minutes as a backup 5 too, he has really hit his stride.

CluTcH_c1tY
12-12-2014, 05:34 PM
Calderon would be a solid addition worthy of a mention. I would consider calling the Pacers and asking what the price is for David West. Or highly and I mean highly unlikely ask the Magic what it would take to pry away Tobias Harris.

FOBolous
12-13-2014, 12:57 AM
No. Houston's PG rotation of Beverly, Cannon, and Terry is fine. what we need is to beef up our frontcourt. our frontcourt depth is almost non-existent. I don't know how we are winning with Tarik Black (who?), Dorsey (2nd round pick), and Motiejunas (last 1st rounder) at the 4 and 5. Even with Terrence Jones and Dwight Howard back, we still are weak defensively at the 4. Jones is undersized and Motiejunas, while solid defensively, will have trouble vs all the elite 4s in the West. It hurt watching Aldridge obliterate us in the playoffs last year.

c.c.
12-13-2014, 01:41 AM
I think D. Will can be an high volume player on the right team but not on this current Rockets roster. Plus he's too expensive, the Rockets need to spend some money on their front court.

Greg.
12-13-2014, 01:58 AM
It's not even possible without including Harden Dwight or Ariza so good luck with that trade

IndyRealist
12-13-2014, 10:27 AM
Patrick Beverly is not a hole. He plays off of Harden very well, something Williams probably couldn't do.

IndyRealist
12-13-2014, 10:33 AM
Calderon would be a solid addition worthy of a mention. I would consider calling the Pacers and asking what the price is for David West. Or highly and I mean highly unlikely ask the Magic what it would take to pry away Tobias Harris.

For David West, financially it would have to at least include Papanikolaou AND Terry just to make salaries match. To get the Pacers to do it? Add Terrence Jones.

Celticsfan2007
12-13-2014, 10:48 AM
The rockets should trade for Rondo :clap:

c.c.
12-13-2014, 11:44 AM
The rockets should trade for Rondo :clap:

So him and Howard can both be missing critical free throws in the fourth/OT. So he can miss wide open threes from Harden's double teams. I like Rondo but just like D. Will he doesn't mesh with this current roster better than Beverly. His defense makes up for Harden's lack of defensive awareness, he doesn't need a lot touches to be effective and he hits his three pointers.

D-Leethal
12-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Calderon is a perfect fit offensively. Great mix of balance with Beverly at the spot that would allow you to go offense/defense depending on matchups and rotations. Calderon is arguably the best shooter in the game but I just don't see him as a long term fit where he's at - he needs to be on a team contending now. I'd personally prefer the cap space than having him locked up.

c.c.
12-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Calderon is a perfect fit offensively. Great mix of balance with Beverly at the spot that would allow you to go offense/defense depending on matchups and rotations. Calderon is arguably the best shooter in the game but I just don't see him as a long term fit where he's at - he needs to be on a team contending now. I'd personally prefer the cap space than having him locked up.

1. Beverly is 7 years younger
2. Beverly is on a 2nd rookie contract
3. Beverly already knows the Rockets style of play. Why bring in a guy that we really don't need to mess up our chemistry, remember the West is tough and every game counts.
I can go on and on bro

Crackadalic
12-13-2014, 01:19 PM
1. Beverly is 7 years younger
2. Beverly is on a 2nd rookie contract
3. Beverly already knows the Rockets style of play. Why bring in a guy that we really don't need to mess up our chemistry, remember the West is tough and every game counts.
I can go on and on bro

Jose can be your backup is what he is saying. Will bringing in one player that will only take a TEP mess everything up?

c.c.
12-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Jose can be your backup is what he is saying. Will bringing in one player that will only take a TEP mess everything up?

The Rockets are fine with their back up point gaurd. The Rockets need front court depth. The Rockets should make a move that is needed before they make a move that isn't needed is what I'm saying. By the way, what are you expecting the Rockets to give up for him anyway?

Chronz
12-13-2014, 02:18 PM
The Rockets are fine with their back up point gaurd. The Rockets need front court depth. The Rockets should make a move that is needed before they make a move that isn't needed is what I'm saying. By the way, what are you expecting the Rockets to give up for him anyway?

Its been explained, the TPE. And your backup rotation is OK, its just that Jose can be a change of pace player that brings something entirely different to the team. He would be a GREAT addition. He can be both a setup man for Harden AND someone who can play off of him, much like he did in Dallas with Monta.

TrueFan420
12-13-2014, 02:29 PM
What happened to Dwill? in his Utah days you could of had a strong debate saying he was better or on par with CP3.

It was all jerry?

KingPosey
12-13-2014, 02:33 PM

His ankles are bad, but REALLY what happened is he decided chucking up 10 3s a game from anywhere on the floor with anyone on his was better for his game.

He was wrong.

rhino17
12-13-2014, 05:41 PM
Definitely don't want anything to do with Calderon. Canaan will be a great backup PG. He plays solid D, hits the 3, and is the 2nd best perimeter player on the team at creating his own show. I much prefer that to a guy that only plays 1 way and only real advantage is his passing ability. There also isn't anyone I would be willing to give up for Calderon. The Lin trade exception is the only thing the rockets are probably considering dealing right now