PDA

View Full Version : Should LAL make a push for D-Will and Lopez?

JasonJohnHorn
12-12-2014, 12:28 PM
The Nets have a fire sale. The Lakers have expiring contracts.

Steve Nash for D-Will. Boozer for Lopez. With a guy like Nick young or Jordan Hill thrown in, salaries could match.

Would this be worth the gamble for LAL? Or should they wait to see what free agency can buy and risk players passing them over because they don't want to play with Kobe.

Verbal Christ
12-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Money being equal IMO LA would be better served making a play at Melo instead.

nickdymez
12-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Here we go with this "Nobody wants to play with Kobe" ****. Wtf is this, 6th grade?

koreancabbage
12-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Here we go with this "Nobody wants to play with Kobe" ****. Wtf is this, 6th grade?

he has cooties

ManningToTyree
12-12-2014, 01:20 PM
Money being equal IMO LA would be better served making a play at Melo instead. melo isn't available.

ManningToTyree
12-12-2014, 01:21 PM
No those guys are making some good money and don't help enough to contend. They should just rebuild the right way ( Kobe be damned).

Sactown
12-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Doesn't make sense, why would they try to do what Brooklyn just failed to do? Why waste the cap and hurt your pick.. LA needs to stay the course and get a nice pick and shoot for the fences in free agency

Teeboy1487
12-12-2014, 01:28 PM
No. We are better off tanking and trying to keep our pick.

Stunner
12-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Knicks should make a move for Williams IMO

king4day
12-12-2014, 01:56 PM
As long as Randle and picks are also involved, BKN might listen.

From what I understand, amnesty pickups can't be dealt the first year. So a Boozer trade isn't an option.

Also, keep in mind, the Nets won't just trade for the sake of trading. The OP's trade ideas would make the Nets a bottom end lotto team. They don't want to risk losing those picks to Boston since they own most of their picks unprotected or have the option to swap.

Tony_Starks
12-12-2014, 05:18 PM
You can't trade a amnesty player. I wouldn't think of trading Swaggy P. If they can swindle the Nets into taking Lin and Nash's contract plus maybe the pick we have from Houston I'm all for it.

Kyben36
12-12-2014, 05:25 PM
The Nets have a fire sale. The Lakers have expiring contracts.

Steve Nash for D-Will. Boozer for Lopez. With a guy like Nick young or Jordan Hill thrown in, salaries could match.

Would this be worth the gamble for LAL? Or should they wait to see what free agency can buy and risk players passing them over because they don't want to play with Kobe.

learn how the finacies work, neither of those trade would

jerellh528
12-12-2014, 05:28 PM
No way! Also, your thread comes off as baity and immature win your "no one wants to play with kobe" bologna.

thaShady
12-12-2014, 05:32 PM
So DWill can get a 3rd coach fired?

Tony_Starks
12-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Man I completely missed that nobody wants to play with Kobe jab. Man these haters aren't even original now days.....

lakerfan85
12-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Lol at whoever said to include Randle for those broke down nets players.. Full steam ahead with the tank..

JasonJohnHorn
12-12-2014, 06:10 PM
No way! Also, your thread comes off as baity and immature win your "no one wants to play with kobe" bologna.

They have lost out on Dwight and Melo already. Guys they made hard pushes for... and Melo doesn't seem to have even been entertaining the idea.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-12-2014, 06:30 PM
So two guys? Should we say nobody wanted to play with Dirk because Dallas missed out on all the big names they were going after?

ghettosean
12-13-2014, 01:33 PM
They have lost out on Dwight and Melo already. Guys they made hard pushes for... and Melo doesn't seem to have even been entertaining the idea.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11768984/carmelo-anthony-says-rule-los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant-presence

"If I thought that [playing for the Lakers] was the right situation for me from an overall perspective as far as having a team there, then I would have looked at that situation more in-depth. I just felt more comfortable staying here in New York. But as far as playing with him ... I'm here now but I would always love to play with Kobe."

According to Melo it had nothing to do with Kobe it just wasn't a good fit according to him... He also went to Houston too doesn't mean he doesn't like Harden or Durant and they made a huge push for Bosh and Melo doesn't mean they both don't like Dwight or Harden. Bosh went back to Miami for the money he's on the record saying this and we can only assume Melo went back for the money too. If he didn't want to play with Kobe why even visit there in the first place?

beasted86
12-13-2014, 05:05 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11768984/carmelo-anthony-says-rule-los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant-presence

According to Melo it had nothing to do with Kobe it just wasn't a good fit according to him... He also went to Houston too doesn't mean he doesn't like Harden or Durant and they made a huge push for Bosh and Melo doesn't mean they both don't like Dwight or Harden. Bosh went back to Miami for the money he's on the record saying this and we can only assume Melo went back for the money too. If he didn't want to play with Kobe why even visit there in the first place?

Can you link that record of Bosh saying he returned for the money?

likemystylez
12-13-2014, 06:21 PM
Doesn't make sense, why would they try to do what Brooklyn just failed to do? Why waste the cap and hurt your pick.. LA needs to stay the course and get a nice pick and shoot for the fences in free agency

cuz that worked so well last year with free agents pick ups of carlos boozer and wayne ellington... solid. another summer like that and their right back int he finals lol

likemystylez
12-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Lol at whoever said to include Randle for those broke down nets players.. Full steam ahead with the tank..

randles a bust..... trade him before he turns into a full out greg oden

Hotone1401
12-13-2014, 07:20 PM
I like Lopez but D-Will is washed up at this point.

numba1CHANGsta
12-13-2014, 07:52 PM
Id rather wait until the offseason and sign Gasol and Rondo, D-Will and Lopez suck

ghettosean
12-13-2014, 08:24 PM
Can you link that record of Bosh saying he returned for the money?

http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/235263/Chris-Bosh-Admits-Money-Was-Factor-In-Choosing-Heat-Over-Rockets

Bosh admits that money was a factor in his decision to stay with the Heat.

"It's always business," he said. "Nothing is ever personal. I think 100 percent of those dudes would have taken the deal I took.

"It's not always about money," Bosh said. "But you do want your full market value. If you work your butt off to get to a certain point, you want to be rewarded for that."

I actually watched a video of him saying this more much more convincingly but this is what I was able to pull up. Then he changed his tune afterwards talking about leadership and stuff like that but it was the money that swayed him from Houston.

Vinny642
12-13-2014, 09:54 PM
LAL is done, no matter what moves they try to make

jerellh528
12-13-2014, 10:44 PM
LAL is done, no matter what moves they try to make

I hope you're right. Top 5 pick :cheers: