PDA

View Full Version : Lakers getting trade calls for Jordan Hill...

Rocco007
12-11-2014, 11:13 PM
Back in mid-July, when the Lakers gave free-agent big man Jordan Hill a two-year deal worth $18 million, the contract brought some head-scratching and furrowed brows. Hill had bounced through three teams in his five years in the league, mostly coming off the bench as an energy guy, and had clashed with Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni the previous year.

A contract that once looked overwrought now appears eminently fair, to the point where the Lakers are considered likely to exercise the $9 million option they hold on Hill’s deal next season. On a roster widely viewed as devoid of trade assets, sources told Sporting News that Hill is the one guy about whom the Lakers get realistic trade calls—but that LA has no plans to move him.
When LA was criticized for the size of Hill’s contract, he mostly shrugged it off. He had been pursued by the Heat and Rockets—among others—but Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak told him to make sure he checked back with the team before he signed elsewhere.

“I heard all that, but I didn’t pay any attention,” Hill told Sporting News. “I knew I had the skills to do it, I just needed the minutes. With D’Antoni, it was hard for me to find the minutes. He wanted me to do the things he wanted me to do to get the minutes. I couldn’t really do what I wanted to do, to play the way I know I could play.

"So, things happened and now it’s a whole new year. Now, I am one of the main focal points of the team, so I can go out there and do what I am capable of doing.”

The tables have turned. Getting consistent minutes now with coach Byron Scott, Hill is averaging career highs in points (13.0) and rebounds (9.0) and has been one of the few bright spots in an otherwise dismal Lakers season.

Scott was among those who thought that the problem with Hill last season was the way that D’Antoni was deploying him—Hill had begun to show a pretty good midrange shot last season, but his attacking, high-energy style didn’t fit for D’Antoni.

“I thought that Jordan could be a double-double guy, and he is pretty close to that,” Scott said. “I sat down with Jordan before the season and told him what I expected from him. I saw him in the summer, in the gym, and he was knocking that (midrange) shot down. I saw him in training camp knocking it down on a consistent basis, so that has not surprised me at all.”

Hill makes 36.7 percent of his attempts from 16 feet out to the 3-point line, and he has gained confidence in that shot—they now account for more than a third of his shots, up from 11.3 percent last year.

That confidence began this offseason, even before he had committed to stay with the Lakers. Hill said that at age 26, he wanted to really establish himself in the league this season. He changed up his diet, cutting out junk food while cutting back on going out and drinking alcohol.

Most important, he reported for workouts with Atlanta trainer Derrick Hamilton, a former star at Southern Miss who played for 15 years in the minors and overseas, on June 1. Typically, Hill said, he would start workouts at the end of July, but he was determined to get better this year.

“With Derrick, it was definitely my jumpshot,” Hill said. “We focused on my jumpshot a lot more than usual. A lot of footwork things, things I can change with my footwork. A lot of confidence things, too, where I can go out there and play my game and have confidence in those shots.”

And while no one has been looking, Hill has been pushing his game out to the 3-point line. He said that will be a focal point of his workouts next summer, and he’s already begun working on the shot with Lakers coaches.

“If I took 100 3s right now, I would say I could make close to 50,” Hill told me. “Probably 40.”

I pointed out that would point him in Stephen Curry territory, and that he is thus far 0-for-11 from the arc in his career.

Hill smiled. “I can shoot 3s,” he said. “I can definitely make them. I am just not worried about making 3s right now because we have got our 3-point shooters on the team. But I know I can knock them down if I have the chance.”
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-12-11/nba-trade-rumors-lakers-jordan-hill-byron-scott-kobe-bryant-mike-dantoni?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

GREATNESS ONE
12-11-2014, 11:46 PM
Good article Rocco, we need to trade Hill asap. Sell high, we could probably get a 1st.

Hangin n Wangin
12-12-2014, 12:16 AM
I really like Jordan Hill, but if we can get some good assets for him, I'm all for it.

Crunch Time
12-12-2014, 12:28 AM
hill for gasol

MetroMan
12-12-2014, 01:17 AM
If we can snag a 1st round pick and a descent player that would be great.

GREATNESS ONE
12-12-2014, 02:54 AM
Hill for the trade exception back from Phoenix. Giving us back our 1st this year :)

bleedprple&gold
12-12-2014, 03:01 AM
Hill for the trade exception back from Phoenix. Giving us back our 1st this year :)

The trade exception from the Nash deal? That's only good for one year.

bleedprple&gold
12-12-2014, 03:03 AM
We gave up a first to get Hill and he wasn't as good back then so if we can't get a first for him now then epic fail.

GREATNESS ONE
12-12-2014, 03:38 AM
We gave up a first to get Hill and he wasn't as good back then so if we can't get a first for him now then epic fail.

Yea we should be able to squeeze a first out of a team.

jerellh528
12-12-2014, 04:57 AM
Hill for a first in a heart beat.

midwestlaker75
12-12-2014, 06:31 AM
While I would hate to see him go, If a team is willing to give up a look late lotto or mid-1st rd. pick (15-20), The Lakers would be foolish not to jump.

Ty22Mitchell
12-12-2014, 12:02 PM
While I would hate to see him go, If a team is willing to give up a look late lotto or mid-1st rd. pick (15-20), The Lakers would be foolish not to jump.

I would personally take the last pick in RD 1 for him. They need youth that bad. Plus Ed Davis is only 25. He could be developed for a bench role in the future. Jordan is a very good role player, but very disposable if a first RD pick can be obtained for him.

rhd420
12-12-2014, 02:17 PM
I would personally take the last pick in RD 1 for him. They need youth that bad. Plus Ed Davis is only 25. He could be developed for a bench role in the future. Jordan is a very good role player, but very disposable if a first RD pick can be obtained for him.

... if your a NBA team, would you give up a 1st for a role player? Just saying, expectations fellas, expectations
The Lakers would gladly take a 2nd round pick and a expiring contract in a heartbeat

truplayer199
12-12-2014, 02:41 PM
... if your a NBA team, would you give up a 1st for a role player? Just saying, expectations fellas, expectations
The Lakers would gladly take a 2nd round pick and a expiring contract in a heartbeat

I think you're wrong. What good is an expiring considering the fact that Hill only has another year on is contract? I felt the contract was a mistake at the time, and I still do. But Hill is probably worth something in the mid first round.

rhd420
12-12-2014, 02:55 PM
I think you're wrong. What good is an expiring considering the fact that Hill only has another year on is contract? I felt the contract was a mistake at the time, and I still do. But Hill is probably worth something in the mid first round.

more cap space really as well as a another draft pick
No offense, were Lakers fans so over valuing players for draft picks is the norm - right now isn't Jeremy Lin worth the same? BUT whose to say if a team needs a big due to injury that will contend ... its all about supply demand and right now until there is a scenario like that - management would/should still take a second and expiring contact

GREATNESS ONE
12-12-2014, 03:14 PM
Lin is worth a 2nd.

Ty22Mitchell
12-12-2014, 03:33 PM

My first sentence was hyperbole. I was attempting to make a joke that I would trade Jordan for any first rd pick because the poster stated he was worth a mid.

rhd420
12-12-2014, 04:12 PM
My first sentence was hyperbole. I was attempting to make a joke that I would trade Jordan for any first rd pick because the poster stated he was worth a mid.

understood - and BY ALL MEANS - there are factors in a team being desperate for a big and willing to give up a 1st so to say it won't happen, I guess it depends on the team and circumstance

Still I do think the Lakers take a 2nd and expiring contract ... hate to say tanking, but it would help the cause if Hill wasn't on the roster as well as making more cap room

Jenceman
12-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Sell high on him

truplayer199
12-12-2014, 04:58 PM
more cap space really as well as a another draft pick
No offense, were Lakers fans so over valuing players for draft picks is the norm - right now isn't Jeremy Lin worth the same? BUT whose to say if a team needs a big due to injury that will contend ... its all about supply demand and right now until there is a scenario like that - management would/should still take a second and expiring contact

I think you missed my point. Additional cap space for the Lakers next summer is almost meaningless. Who are the big name players that we would sign with additional cap space in 2015? Regarding Lin...If you're not good enough to start on this Laker squad then I don't believe any team will trade a 1st round pick for you.

Again, an expiring contract is worthless for the Lakers right now. A 2nd round pick for Hill is even far less desirable. You trade players like Sacre for a 2nd round pick, not a player of Hill's caliber. I'm not a huge fan of Hill, but I do believe he's worth a mid to late first rounder.

truplayer199
12-12-2014, 05:08 PM
understood - and BY ALL MEANS - [QUOTE]there are factors in a team being desperate for a big and willing to give up a 1st so to say it won't happen, I guess it depends on the team and circumstance

[B]This is exactly why most teams trade to begin with. Last year a 33 yr old Scola was traded for Gerald Green, Plumlee, and a protected lottery pick. That pick ended up being the 27th pick, but that's besides the point.

Still I do think the Lakers take a 2nd and expiring contract ... hate to say tanking, but it would help the cause if Hill wasn't on the roster as well as making more cap room

Given our track record with 2nd round picks, 9.9/10 times I'll rather take my chances with Hill.

still1ballin
12-12-2014, 06:01 PM
Good! Tell him to GTFO and take his ugly contract with him!

TANK nation!

bleedprple&gold
12-12-2014, 06:15 PM

Yes I would top 10 protected. It's very possible that you won't get a player as good as Hill with the 11th pick or higher so it's definitely not a super big gamble and not at all overvaluing Hill if I'm giving up a first for him.

rhd420
12-12-2014, 07:35 PM
I think you missed my point. Additional cap space for the Lakers next summer is almost meaningless. Who are the big name players that we would sign with additional cap space in 2015? Regarding Lin...If you're not good enough to start on this Laker squad then I don't believe any team will trade a 1st round pick for you.

Again, an expiring contract is worthless for the Lakers right now. A 2nd round pick for Hill is even far less desirable. You trade players like Sacre for a 2nd round pick, not a player of Hill's caliber. I'm not a huge fan of Hill, but I do believe he's worth a mid to late first rounder.

AND by all means I agree with you - but if this is for "tanking" purposes, it makes sense
By the way, you did know I mentioned Lin in jest right? So right now as a team we're all hoping for the same scenario like Scola/Green?

Given our track record with 2nd round picks, 9.9/10 times I'll rather take my chances with Hill. did you mean 1st round picks or there isn't enough to make a valid sample size? LOL

mufridaz
12-18-2014, 07:51 PM
top 10 pick for hill, 2nd rounder for lin, 2nd rounder for Kelly make it happen mitch

we keep our top 5 pick this year, keep our 2nd rounder, have the Houston 1st, and 1st for hill, and 2 second rounders for lin/Kelly. Lets get okafur. Have kobe Julius randle, okafur. then go out get exum from Utah after they get deron Williams.

I_Luv_L.A._24
12-18-2014, 10:31 PM
If i was the lakers I would trade hill for any 1st round pick. The way it looks we'll lose our top 5 pick if we keep winning.

ldawg
12-19-2014, 01:03 AM
Yes Lakers should pick up hill option and trade him in two months. Bledsoe or Lance should be targets. Kobe done need to start looking pass him scale him back for his last season force him to play team ball and off the ball. Trading Hill now give you a better shot at keeping the pick.

Mave1002
12-19-2014, 02:59 AM
Yes Lakers should pick up hill option and trade him in two months. Bledsoe or Lance should be targets. Kobe done need to start looking pass him scale him back for his last season force him to play team ball and off the ball. Trading Hill now give you a better shot at keeping the pick.

I think the Cats would gladly take a 2nd rounder together with the Steve Nash expiring in exchange for Lance Stephenson. That would be somewhat fair.

On the other hand, Bledsoe to the Lakers is a little far fetched I think. Are they even trying to shop him?

Maybe Hill & Lin's expiring + the 2nd rounder for Bledsoe and Len? Id be a little bit hesitant though because of Bledsoe's contract tenure. (5 years)

Len-Sacre
Boozer-Davis
Kobe-Wes
Lance-Swag-Ellington
Bledsoe-Price-Clarkson

Thatd be a dynamo of a back-court, IF they click. That's a big IF.

Jenceman
12-19-2014, 10:11 AM
I think the Cats would gladly take a 2nd rounder together with the Steve Nash expiring in exchange for Lance Stephenson. That would be somewhat fair.

On the other hand, Bledsoe to the Lakers is a little far fetched I think. Are they even trying to shop him?

Maybe Hill & Lin's expiring + the 2nd rounder for Bledsoe and Len? Id be a little bit hesitant though because of Bledsoe's contract tenure. (5 years)

Len-Sacre

Boozer-Davis

Kobe-Wes

Lance-Swag-Ellington

Bledsoe-Price-Clarkson

why the hell would the suns part with Bledsoe and Len for that small of a return?

RaiderLakerz1
12-19-2014, 01:15 PM
just trade Lin for Stephenson already & waive Boozer... its not that hard... smh use the trade exception on Chalmers ( a point guard that can shoot, defend, & doesn't need the ball n hand)... Sign K. Martin (he played for Scott in New Jersey & had back to back trips to the Finals).

deadman8586
12-19-2014, 02:52 PM
just trade Lin for Stephenson already & waive Boozer... its not that hard... smh use the trade exception on Chalmers ( a point guard that can shoot, defend, & doesn't need the ball n hand)... Sign K. Martin (he played for Scott in New Jersey & had back to back trips to the Finals).

Yeah except the Laker don't cut players with guarantee contracts and we have to stay below the luxury tax line. Also we can just trade Nash for Stephenson because even with your trade idea the PG depth will still be weak as hell.

handle
12-21-2014, 12:03 PM
I'd only trade Hill for 1. Lebron 2. Anthony Davis or 3. Philly's next two #1 picks.

bleedprple&gold
12-21-2014, 01:56 PM

Len-Sacre

Boozer-Davis

Kobe-Wes

Lance-Swag-Ellington

Bledsoe-Price-Clarkson

why the hell would the suns part with Bledsoe and Len for that small of a return?

Stop trying to be rational. This is the Lakers forum where every team wants to bend over and let the Lakers rape them in every trade.

bleedprple&gold
12-21-2014, 01:56 PM
I'd only trade Hill for 1. Lebron 2. Anthony Davis or 3. Philly's next two #1 picks.

So you wouldn't trade him for Durant.

handle
12-21-2014, 02:11 PM
No, Durant is going to sign with us a FA... trading Hill for him now would be wasting an extremely valuable piece.

GREATNESS ONE
12-21-2014, 02:13 PM
:laugh2: trolling at its finest.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-21-2014, 02:42 PM

Boston barely got a first for Rondo. So I wouldn't get excited about any first for Hill. If it ends up being a first its a very late 20's which is pretty much a expensive second rounder.

deadman8586
12-21-2014, 03:58 PM

Ok 1,2,and 3 will not happen so be better settle for a mid 1st for Hill

mufridaz
12-21-2014, 04:04 PM
saw this on basketball insiders...chat yesterday

What’s good,JD? How does Rondo make the Mavs a contender? They already had the best offense and are 7th in assists pg AS A TEAM, despite not having a high assists guy(See world champion Spurs). Rondo is a bad shooter, so he actually hurts them in halfcourt sets. Although he is a defensive upgrade at the point, their tallest guard is only 6’3!! Who in the hell are they going to stop?! By comparison, Curry is 6’3 and the SHORTEST guard on GSW’s roster. Maybe they can get weakside help from Brandon Wright when Tyson rests? Oh wait! I don’t get the fascination with Rondo or this trade, JD.

Jabari Davis

Hey Keith, I always appreciate how you bring an alternative look at things to the chat. In fact, this actually made me take another look at that deal. I actually like what Rondo brings and think you definitely needed an upgrade defensively at the position. You can get away with not having a defender at the PG for the regular season, but when you take a moment to consider the murderer’s row of PG’s you have to endure in a Western Conference playoffs (CP3, Curry, Tony Parker, Damian Lillard, Mike Conley, etc), you can see why they may have seen the Rondo move as necessary.

Now, what you pointed out was key, because I do think they need another big to add to that rotation and actually think a guy like Jordan Hill (not available until Jan 15) would be good for them. In fact, don’t be surprised to hear his name coming up more and more over the next couple weeks. Hill could help several teams in each conference and place a few over the top.

mufridaz
12-21-2014, 04:28 PM
although I do not like helping Cuban out we're not going anywhere this year and if we could get some picks and maybe a third team to help facilitate a trade we could get something good in return.

I love Jordan hill in fact I have been telling you guys how good he was a double double machine the best offensive rebounder in the league practically a high energy guy that can rebound and score at the rim without any plays called for him. and this year with him working harder, changing his diet, developing that consistent outside shot he is really a very solid big. what he needs to work on now is improving his defense.

That said I know we have to sell high not hold onto pau/odom etc and let them walk for free. Or get washed up players like nash cry babies like d12 which we are suffering for years to come with bleeding draft picks.

Hill plays so hard he is often injured. And we know he's a PF not really a long term solution at C he is not a rim protector. And with Julius randle our future and ed davis capable of being a poor man's j.hill he's not really needed and by far our best trade asset. Not to mention we still have boozer and Kelly (which I hope we trade as well don't need a stretch 4).

J. Hill is at best worth a top 10 pick I would guess. At worse a late first and late 2nd. Rhondo wasn't worth that much b/c he's a rental nothing is saying he stays in dallas. Where as hill has another year left in his contract.

Houston would be another team I think funny since that is where he came from that would be perfect for them. D12 might be unhappy he likes having the interior all to himself but could definitely help their rebounding and fill in for d12 as well if he gets hurt again.

Basically any playoff team would probally benefit from a Jordan hill addition. And with as stuff is as tight as it is in the west an addition might put some teams over the edge and where there is multiple teams wanting the same player the value of that player will increase supply and demand economics 101.

Whether its for a future star calaiber player or whether its for picks and young prospects would be almost idiotic to hold onto hill when we need upgrades as PG/ SF/ C for next year and if we go with picks young players we will also make ourself worse and thus keeping the top 5 pick this year more of a chance.

Who wouldn't trarde Jordan hill for okafur? That's basically what it would be b/c even 1 st round pick and loosing more games would allow us to keep our pick this year and that pick would allow us to move up in the draft.

mufridaz
12-21-2014, 05:00 PM
Golden state needs another big with bogut hurt. Although j.hill is not a rim protector or offensive threat down low like bogut is he would provid them some insurance this year.

Iggudola makes 12mil this year 11 mil the next 2. Has a 10 per this year.

I would assume we could trade hill to golden state and get a 1st out of the deal. Iggudola is playing so aweful that they want to get rid of him and would save them a lot of money.

---------------------------
Then we could trade nash expiring and ryan Kelly to charlotte to get lance.

--------------------------
so we pick up lance and iggudola. Iggy could even play point guard if we had to. Kobe stay at shooting guard. lance at SF. Then resign ed davis for cheap 4mil or below. And try to okafur during the draft. And maybe pick up a cheap C for some depth.

Although the only problem would be we would probally win more games this year and thus loose that top 5 so would have to be creative about resting kobe hoping for some minor injuries during the rest of the season.

Also we could find a trade partner for lin for 2nd rounder in 2015.

Iggudola is solid defender even now at his age and can play 3 positions. Lance can also play solid defense and can play SG or SF. Iggudola would cost us a lot less than a Bledsoe would.

Depending on how things work out might even take a shot at a Monroe as well. If we stand pat I would give jimmy butler the most money we could during the off season to get that guy he's a 2 way player like a lance like a paul George. Jimmy butler from Chicago. And would fix our SF problems.

We have 3 major holes and PG, SF, C we have to at least upgrade 2 of the 3 next year. Chicago might even be interested in someone like a wes Johnson who has provided more defense this year. Maybe even interested in Jeremy lin not sure on that.

---------------------------
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q5shbsj
that's the lance trade for nash and ryan kelly

MickeyMgl
12-22-2014, 01:44 AM
The only kind of good news that can happen this season is other teams calling to express interest in trading for Laker players. This is good. Fire sale. Everybody is available.

mufridaz
12-22-2014, 02:42 AM
except kobe and Julius randle who are both untouchable

royal bob
12-22-2014, 02:52 AM
There is nobody on this team worth a first round draft pick

bulldog2683
12-22-2014, 03:11 AM
I like Jordan Hill, but if the offer is right.

mufridaz
12-22-2014, 03:33 AM
j.hill is worth a 1st rounder for sure:) book it

mufridaz
12-22-2014, 03:38 AM
hell Clarkson was leading the league in rookie per but he got no playing time he might even be worth a late first rounder had he had playing time. he's still worth a 2nd.

lin worth a 2nd.

Kelly worth a 2nd.

ed davis would be worth a 1st but I want to keep him and swaggy would be worth a 1st but he's a fan favorite unlikely he gets moved unless we go into a full rebuild which is unlikely.

sacre a late 2nd rounder lol.

so even as bad as our team is we still have some assets.

even nash's expiring if we take on some bad 1 year contract next year would be worth a pick.

if we manage to keep our pick top 5 protected, we still have Houston's late first, and our 2nd top 40 protected or else it goes to Orlando. Granted we tank and by some miracle we keep our top 5 , granted we make some trades ie j.hill , lin, Kelly we could potentially move up to maybe even get the top pick and have a run at someone like an okafur a starting 2 way center of the future to pair with randle. steal exum from Utah if they get deron Williams and bam our big 3 of the future.

to say no one on this team is worth a first is not true. And we could couple some 2nds for another 1st.

Lakersfan2483
12-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Trade him for a late 1st rounder.

Hurricane H
12-22-2014, 01:27 PM
Trade him for a late 1st rounder.

Wait until the trade deadline when contenders will be desperate to get inside help. Then we can get a better offer. For now just showcase his talent and raise his stock up.

mufridaz
12-24-2014, 10:49 PM
cavs are desperate for center now that verijo is out for season. I know j.hill wouldn't be a first option and not sure how or what the cavs could trade to make the numbers work...I would assume would have to be around dion waters who I do not want but he only has a 2yr contract and if it nets us a first rounder although a very late first rounder might be worth a discussion come mid jan when hill can be traded.

but I would want to find the highest first rounder. but also gotta think of j.hill and at least try to put him into a good if not better situation than he is in now in la.

mufridaz
12-24-2014, 10:54 PM
December 12, 2014 Updates A contract that once looked overwrought now appears eminently fair, to the point where the Lakers are considered likely to exercise the $9 million option they hold on Hill’s deal next season. On a roster widely viewed as devoid of trade assets, sources told Sporting News that Hill is the one guy about whom the Lakers get realistic trade calls—but that LA has no plans to move him. Sporting News - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/jordan_hill#sthash.G04uOl0U.dpuf

--------------------

not even a month later they offered j.hill and 1st rounder for rhondo. that tells me j.hill's value is at least a 1st rounder and since lakers are getting calls for j.hill that he is wanted by other teams thus driving up the value.

The_Great_One
12-25-2014, 04:30 AM
December 12, 2014 Updates A contract that once looked overwrought now appears eminently fair, to the point where the Lakers are considered likely to exercise the $9 million option they hold on Hill’s deal next season. On a roster widely viewed as devoid of trade assets, sources told Sporting News that Hill is the one guy about whom the Lakers get realistic trade calls—but that LA has no plans to move him. Sporting News - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/jordan_hill#sthash.G04uOl0U.dpuf

--------------------

not even a month later they offered j.hill and 1st rounder for rhondo. that tells me j.hill's value is at least a 1st rounder and since lakers are getting calls for j.hill that he is wanted by other teams thus driving up the value.

:clap: Awesome that'll shut them up thanks

royal bob
12-25-2014, 04:37 AM
.....and that's why Rondo went to Dallas. The Lakers couldnt get a first round pick for Gasol....what makes anyone think Hill could fetch any interest whatsoever? Hill is....at best.... a bench player.

mufridaz
12-25-2014, 12:17 PM
not many players that can come in right from college and pretty much average a double double every night with little to no plays called for him and he's a top 3 offensive rebounder in the league for several years now. plus now he has an outside shot that's consistent.

2014-15 Season

PPG

RPG

BLKPG

PER

12.2 8.3 1.0 17.82

Not quite double double this season but above league average per.

If they trade him think he's worth a top 10-20 first rounder. But that's my opinion. Time will tell. We got the guy for fisher a 2nd round pick so if we get a first would of got a bargain if I remember correctly.

Most picks take several years to even get playing time kobe basically took 3 years before he was ready he's a guy that can contribute to a contender right away.

Houston just got joshsmith so their out, mavs probally don't have much room behind dirk/chandler, Memphis has koufas on trade block so doubt they need a big, clippers have diandre Jordan/blake. Bulls don't need a big unless they trade taiga Gibson but their primary concern should be keeping jimmy butler so unlikely they take on more salary or another big. Wizards have nene/gortat. Spurs are set as well.

The teams I think might be most interested would be A.) warriors with bogut out B.) cavs with verijao out. If I'm the lakers I try to trade jan 19th or whenever he comes available b/c if there are only 2 teams in the hunt and one of those teams gets a player that will lower the price a little b/c supply demand. The suns might be another option if lakers try to make a play for a pg. I'm sure there are other teams but warriors and cavs are the 2 contenders I would say in the most need for big man help. Warriors did get david lee back but he's also on trade block and is pf , hill could play C although probally not the rim protector either club is looking for.

If Houston didn't get josh smith I would of thought hill would of been good fit there as well.