PDA

View Full Version : "These mofos aint doin **** for me" - Mr. Bean

Chronz
12-11-2014, 08:37 PM
Kobe spittin that venom : https://vine.co/v/O6hOL2IE3Zd

Apparently Kobe returned to practice and tore into his teammates. Trashed Lin during scrimmage.
After practice, Nick Young pulled him to the side and told him to stand up for himself....

I wonder how rare this sort of stuff is, really makes me wish we had access back in the day.

Full transcript: http://espn.go.com/losangeles/nba/story/_/id/12016979/los-angeles-lakers-star-kobe-bryant-critical-teammates-heated-scrimmage

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Kobe Bryant returned to practice for the first time this month and called his teammates "soft" during a heated five-on-five scrimmage between the starters and reserves.

When practice was opened to the media, Bryant and Nick Young were already trading barbs during the scrimmage with Young telling Bryant, "Nobody in the world can guard me one-on-one" and Bryant telling Young, "You're going exactly where I want you to go."

Later Bryant said, "You mother-----s are soft like Charmin in this mother-----. God damn, is this the type of s--- that's going on in these practices? Now I see why we've lost 20 f-----ing games. We're soft like Charmin. We're soft like s---."

Lakers coach Byron Scott has held Bryant out of most practices and shootarounds this season with Thursday being Bryant's first full practice with the team in over two weeks

Bryant was also getting on Jeremy Lin during the scrimmage, daring him to shoot whenever he had the ball, yelling, "This mother----- don't got s---. He ain't got s--- right now. Shoot! Shoot!" After Lin missed a pull-up jumper, Bryant said, "I talked his *** right into that bulls---. I talked his a--- right into that bulls---."

By the end of the scrimmage, which the starters won, Bryant said, "Practice gets real uncomfortable when I'm in this mother----."

After the team gathered together at center court to close practice, Bryant passed Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak and said, "I'm supposed to practice and get better, Mitch. I'm supposed to practice and get better. These motherf-----s ain't doing s--- for me."

jaydubb
12-11-2014, 08:44 PM
He shoulda said:

"You guys are all doing a great job! Awww lin you missed that shot.. It's ok boo boo you will make the next one! I'm so proud of you guys! Such a bunch of sweaty boys, you must be trying hard. Keep it up team!"

kdspurman
12-11-2014, 08:56 PM
cant figure out if A. he is just an ultra competitive dude out there doin a little trash talking, or B. he is trying to push them to get better and motivate them.

or maybe he meant everything he said, who knows lol. he's been on worse teams.

jerellh528
12-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Kobe is the only guy left in our franchise not aboard the tank train. He needs to punch himself a ticket, but I don't see him ever being okay with tanking. It's obvious the team has checked out already... Also this might mean more from kobe if he actually practiced with the team every night, which he doesn't. We are soft though.

Lakers + Giants
12-11-2014, 08:58 PM
cant figure out if A. he is just an ultra competitive dude out there doin a little trash talking, or B. he is trying to push them to get better and motivate them.

I honestly think he's doing it to light a fire under the other player's *****. He said he did it to motivate them. Not sure if it's the right thing to do because not all players react the same. I still love it tho. We can't act like we don't expect this out of kobe, this is nothing new haha.

cmellofan15
12-11-2014, 09:27 PM
just keep shooting Kobe. that'll make em better!!

FlashBolt
12-11-2014, 09:40 PM
just keep shooting Kobe. that'll make em better!!

This is not even Kobe's fault. The lack of support he is receiving it just disturbing. Clearly, Kobe is trying to light some fire but this is Kobe.. he's the most competitive player I've ever had the opportunity to watch. People can say MJ was the most competitive but this guy got bored of basketball at one point.. how competitive could he have been? To me, playing with Kobe is a luxury. A bunch of guys just want to get paid. Nothing wrong with that but to Kobe, it's about defining your legacy. Lin is such a pushover. I'm not sure but this guy really does need to stand up for himself. Drop the religious bullcrap and start playing basketball. Kobe may be tough but just like with Dwight, only the sensitive/lazy people take it offensively. He's really just trying to win.

kdspurman
12-11-2014, 11:04 PM
I honestly think he's doing it to light a fire under the other player's *****. He said he did it to motivate them. Not sure if it's the right thing to do because not all players react the same. I still love it tho. We can't act like we don't expect this out of kobe, this is nothing new haha.

did he say that? I didn't realize... but yea that's how kobe is. some guys can handle it, others can't. well see how they respond. I guess tomorrow :)

Kyben36
12-11-2014, 11:16 PM
I have no problem with this, that laker team is soooo bad.

Hawkeye15
12-11-2014, 11:44 PM
then start shooting 47 times a game Kobe

Hawkeye15
12-11-2014, 11:45 PM
I read recently that someone said Kobe would be a good coach. hahahahahahahahahaha

are you ****ing kidding me? He wouldn't last 3 mins

FlashBolt
12-11-2014, 11:51 PM
What do you guys think about Kobe? Good for him to drive teammates away with his attitude or good for him to try and get them motivated? I mean, which would you prefer? Clearly, he has a different approach then let's say, LeBron. Some love playing with Kobe, some don't. It's usually the players who are known for being lazy and mentally weak.

Blitzace137
12-11-2014, 11:58 PM
I read recently that someone said Kobe would be a good coach. hahahahahahahahahaha

lol someone actually said that? He would be worse than Pops and Tibs combined as far as ripping out his players after a mistake.

cssdmark
12-12-2014, 12:21 AM
Why do the guys just tell Kobe to **** off and if he wants to scrap after that then we would just have to scrap. The way to deal with a bully is to make him prove himself and let him know if we scrap you may win but you will walk away hurt.

FlashBolt
12-12-2014, 12:26 AM
Why do the guys just tell Kobe to **** off and if he wants to scrap after that then we would just have to scrap. The way to deal with a bully is to make him prove himself and let him know if we scrap you may win but you will walk away hurt.

How is Kobe being a bully? Even if he was being a bully, it just shows you how weak this team is. You're a grown man and you're letting another man bully you? Shows how mentally weak they are. Especially Lin. This guy really needs to grow up. I'm willing to bet he craps his pants every time Kobe has a death stare at him. This was honestly the perfect time for Lin to establish himself as a 20-5-5 player but so far, he's proving to be like a bench player. I mean, he's not playing bad but if you need a team where you can have an opportunity to prove yourself, it's now. Kobe is only taking so many shots because no one on his team is willing to take over games.

cmellofan15
12-12-2014, 12:34 AM
This is not even Kobe's fault. The lack of support he is receiving it just disturbing. Clearly, Kobe is trying to light some fire but this is Kobe.. he's the most competitive player I've ever had the opportunity to watch. People can say MJ was the most competitive but this guy got bored of basketball at one point.. how competitive could he have been? To me, playing with Kobe is a luxury. A bunch of guys just want to get paid. Nothing wrong with that but to Kobe, it's about defining your legacy. Lin is such a pushover. I'm not sure but this guy really does need to stand up for himself. Drop the religious bullcrap and start playing basketball. Kobe may be tough but just like with Dwight, only the sensitive/lazy people take it offensively. He's really just trying to win.

you're right, there's a lot more to it than just kobe's poor performance this season but he's acting like he has nothing to do with it. he's apart of the problem. he sucks just like everyone else on the roster. to put himself above the team and to ***** and yell like his **** doesn't stink is just him being the diva that he is.

I get that he's competitive and all that good stuff, but to walk around practice doing that like it is going to make a difference is just ridiculous. and how can I even take him seriously when he is playing some of the worst defense at the guard position this year and jacking up 23 shots a game. the dude has a 77 shot lead on most missed field goals so far. is that really him being competitive? is he stupid enough to believe that jacking up shots=a better chance to win? or is it just being a diva?

I'm tired of the "Kobe's just trying to compete" bull ****. he's a chucker with an attitude and could give two ****s about competing.

FlashBolt
12-12-2014, 12:42 AM
you're right, there's a lot more to it than just kobe's poor performance this season but he's acting like he has nothing to do with it. he's apart of the problem. he sucks just like everyone else on the roster. to put himself above the team and to ***** and yell like his **** doesn't stink is just him being the diva that he is.

I get that he's competitive and all that good stuff, but to walk around practice doing that like it is going to make a difference is just ridiculous. and how can I even take him seriously when he is playing some of the worst defense at the guard position this year and jacking up 23 shots a game. the dude has a 77 shot lead on most missed field goals so far. is that really him being competitive? is he stupid enough to believe that jacking up shots=a better chance to win? or is it just being a diva?

I'm tired of the "Kobe's just trying to compete" bull ****. he's a chucker with an attitude and could give two ****s about competing.

Are you really expecting a 36 year old who is coming off an injury to play elite defense? Kobe's defense has deteriorated for years now.. The fact that he's even willing to defend against players like Curry, Paul, etc., already proves how dedicated he is to the game. You have to understand, when your team is complete crap - which it is now, you have to take it upon yourself to make a change. If LeBron was on this team, I highly doubt Kobe would be shooting the way he is. It's just a different scenario. When Kobe wants to play point, he can. He's proven it many times the past two seasons. Who the hell can he pass it to? Besides probably Lin, no one else on this team can create a shot for both themselves and their teammates. Dude is calling out his teammates for not practicing up to par; what's wrong with that? If you see your coworker slacking when you're trying to carry a company, are you going to let it slide?

Chronz
12-12-2014, 12:42 AM
The more I hear it, the more I know hes trying to motivate these guys. Hes not really that vindictive

Ezio
12-12-2014, 12:55 AM
How long till he drops 60+?

RaiderLakersA's
12-12-2014, 01:00 AM
If Kobe's methods bothered his teammates, then they know how to shut him up. Everyone keeps saying that Kobe is over the hill and done, and it may be true, but until someone steps to the past-his-reign alpha and puts him down, you can expect more of this. How hard could it be to out-work and out-ball a man who is a couple of stair steps from 40? The Lakers need to raise their intensity, show some sign of fire in their belly and get after it.

cmellofan15
12-12-2014, 01:01 AM
Are you really expecting a 36 year old who is coming off an injury to play elite defense? Kobe's defense has deteriorated for years now.. The fact that he's even willing to defend against players like Curry, Paul, etc., already proves how dedicated he is to the game. You have to understand, when your team is complete crap - which it is now, you have to take it upon yourself to make a change. If LeBron was on this team, I highly doubt Kobe would be shooting the way he is. It's just a different scenario. When Kobe wants to play point, he can. He's proven it many times the past two seasons. Who the hell can he pass it to? Besides probably Lin, no one else on this team can create a shot for both themselves and their teammates. Dude is calling out his teammates for not practicing up to par; what's wrong with that? If you see your coworker slacking when you're trying to carry a company, are you going to let it slide?

I don't expect anything elite out of Kobe. but if he's going to play some of the worst defense in the NBA how can you talk **** to your team mates? and it's not just that his team is complete crap, he is complete crap. he's not contributing to a change on the court so what makes him any different from his team? the fact that he's self righteous enough to shoot the idiotic shots that no one else will? I could understand if it were someone who is legitimately playing well and the teammates aren't stepping up to the plate, but Kobe is playing on the same level as them. and if we're talking about relating this to the real world.. if one of my coworkers isn't very productive I have no right to call them out on their **** if I'm matching their productivity

RaiderLakersA's
12-12-2014, 01:03 AM
The more I hear it, the more I know hes trying to motivate these guys. Hes not really that vindictive

It's not exactly Jordan punching Kerr, is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faZxq1XjdPY

LAKERS4LIFE!!
12-12-2014, 01:11 AM
I don't expect anything elite out of Kobe. but if he's going to play some of the worst defense in the NBA how can you talk **** to your team mates? and it's not just that his team is complete crap, he is complete crap. he's not contributing to a change on the court so what makes him any different from his team? the fact that he's self righteous enough to shoot the idiotic shots that no one else will? I could understand if it were someone who is legitimately playing well and the teammates aren't stepping up to the plate, but Kobe is playing on the same level as them. and if we're talking about relating this to the real world.. if one of my coworkers isn't very productive I have no right to call them out on their **** if I'm matching their productivity

He's just trying to motivate them. Even if Kobe is as bad as you make him out to be, he always gives it his all. Him calling his teammates "soft" seems like because they weren't practicing hard enough. It's not like he was saying "You guys al f-ing suck!"

FlashBolt
12-12-2014, 01:18 AM

How the hell is Kobe matching their productivity.. He's the only one trying to win games. Are you even watching the games or are you just assuming that Kobe goes out and jacks shots? He's getting older yet he's the most competitive guy on the team. So what if he's not playing great? He's proven himself as the top dog in LAL and until someone comes to Lakers and takes that from him, they better stop crying about it. He's trying to win and clearly, his team is more contempt with just getting over with the season. Kobe is on borrowed time. Dude has two-three years left.. at most. I can see why he is growing frustrated with how his team is playing.

cssdmark
12-12-2014, 01:22 AM
How is Kobe being a bully? Even if he was being a bully, it just shows you how weak this team is. You're a grown man and you're letting another man bully you? Shows how mentally weak they are. Especially Lin. This guy really needs to grow up. I'm willing to bet he craps his pants every time Kobe has a death stare at him. This was honestly the perfect time for Lin to establish himself as a 20-5-5 player but so far, he's proving to be like a bench player. I mean, he's not playing bad but if you need a team where you can have an opportunity to prove yourself, it's now. Kobe is only taking so many shots because no one on his team is willing to take over games.
His team is not weak the players just suck and because you chide them it is not going to make any of them the next Kobe Bryant. Now if he sees a talented player on his team dogging it it is different but the Lakers did not put any real pieces around Kobe. These guys are playing their best, they are just not good and berating them in practice or thru the public is not going to change that. He needs to berate the ones that can make change Jim and Mitch.

Mr_Jones
12-12-2014, 01:26 AM
CONTEXT: Lakers starting unit just beat the second unit handedly and he felt they did not give any effort. It's supposed to be a challenge and they are supposed to be pushing each other.

He did not rape that girl.

Lakers + Giants
12-12-2014, 01:26 AM
did he say that? I didn't realize... but yea that's how kobe is. some guys can handle it, others can't. well see how they respond. I guess tomorrow :)

Getting raped by the spurs is just gonna make **** worse hahaha.

Dude has no patience, that alone makes me believe he would be a terrible coach. Plus, he would expect so much from his players, he'd get pissed once he sees that not all players are that talented. That is pretty laughable.

FlashBolt
12-12-2014, 01:28 AM
His team is not weak the players just suck and because you chide them it is not going to make any of them the next Kobe Bryant. Now if he sees a talented player on his team dogging it it is different but the Lakers did not put any real pieces around Kobe. These guys are playing their best, they are just not good and berating them in practice or thru the public is not going to change that. He needs to berate the ones that can make change Jim and Mitch.

Honestly, these Lakers looked like they quit thus far. He's not berating them for no reason. He probably saw them playing with a lack of heart and got pissed. There's nothing wrong with he did. For all of you criticizing Kobe, what MJ did was 10x worse. You guys want the old toughness from today's NBA players but then when Kobe does it, you guys are saying he's being a bully. Jesus, can't win with you guys.

benny01
12-12-2014, 01:35 AM
I alway thought this was how good players practiced

ThuglifeJ
12-12-2014, 01:36 AM
I love Kobe Bryant. I wish everyone cared this much about the game..he's in another tier when it comes to competing and caring about the NBA...

I mean it sucks he's declined quite a bit athletically and can't get under his shots but I still love watching him try to D up someone like Curry from half court all in his grill...that's what makes games fun.

Lakers be soft as Charmin

cssdmark
12-12-2014, 01:36 AM
Example, look at the Lakers payroll, these guys are making how much yearly? It is for a reason. The Lakers did not get Jeremy Lin because they thought he would be an all star guard, they took him because he was on an expiring and Houston gave them a pick to take him. If Jeremy was Chris Paul he would still be with Houston. Do not expect this Lakers team to be good, look at the roster. Who is really underachieving? Ed Davis at $981,084.00 a year or Kobe a Bryant at 24,000,000.00 a year?

ThuglifeJ
12-12-2014, 01:37 AM
CONTEXT: Lakers starting unit just beat the second unit handedly and he felt they did not give any effort. It's supposed to be a challenge and they are supposed to be pushing each other.

He did not rape that girl.
Lmfao

BALLER R
12-12-2014, 01:37 AM
Honestly, these Lakers looked like they quit thus far. He's not berating them for no reason. He probably saw them playing with a lack of heart and got pissed. There's nothing wrong with he did. For all of you criticizing Kobe, what MJ did was 10x worse. You guys want the old toughness from today's NBA players but then when Kobe does it, you guys are saying he's being a bully. Jesus, can't win with you guys.

I'm with you on this. The team plays with no heart. Also if he's saying all that and no one is saying anything back that kind of validates what he's saying. Stick up for yourself.

cssdmark
12-12-2014, 01:44 AM
I'm with you on this. The team plays with no heart. Also if he's saying all that and no one is saying anything back that kind of validates what he's saying. Stick up for yourself.
I do not agree and I use to feel that way about my team the knicks then I realized they are just not that good.

FlashBolt
12-12-2014, 01:50 AM
Example, look at the Lakers payroll, these guys are making how much yearly? It is for a reason. The Lakers did not get Jeremy Lin because they thought he would be an all star guard, they took him because he was on an expiring and Houston gave them a pick to take him. If Jeremy was Chris Paul he would still be with Houston. Do not expect this Lakers team to be good, look at the roster. Who is really underachieving? Ed Davis at $981,084.00 a year or Kobe a Bryant at 24,000,000.00 a year?

What the hell does salary have to do with this, though? Jimmy Butler makes how much? Yet, he's Bulls best player. It's not about price-per-performance; it's about who has the heart to win. Bryant is underpaid. This dude brings in revenue that only James can surpass. Just because you're not very good, doesn't mean you shouldn't put your heart into it. Just another excuse for these players to collect a check and cry about Kobe mistreating them. Do you think Kobe had it easy being 18 playing with Shaq? These dudes need to stop crying. I've watched a couple of Lakers games since TNT loves to show them and all I see is Kobe having to do everything. Everyone else seems contempt with letting the game just go on.

alexander_37
12-12-2014, 01:56 AM

when they lose 98-60

benny01
12-12-2014, 02:01 AM
What the hell does salary have to do with this, though? Jimmy Butler makes how much? Yet, he's Bulls best player. It's not about price-per-performance; it's about who has the heart to win. Bryant is underpaid. This dude brings in revenue that only James can surpass. Just because you're not very good, doesn't mean you shouldn't put your heart into it. Just another excuse for these players to collect a check and cry about Kobe mistreating them. Do you think Kobe had it easy being 18 playing with Shaq? These dudes need to stop crying. I've watched a couple of Lakers games since TNT loves to show them and all I see is Kobe having to do everything. Everyone else seems contempt with letting the game just go on.
The NBA is completely about price per performance. The rest of your post is right on though.

thenaj17
12-12-2014, 09:44 AM

Shots or points?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-12-2014, 11:18 AM
The only thing that needs charmin is his ******* shot selection.

D-Leethal
12-12-2014, 11:21 AM
The best part is that they won't even let Kobe attend practices so he doesn't flip out like this. An uber-competitive guy like Kobe on a team who deep down wants to tank more than anything else is a recipe for disaster. They should have made a reality show of the Lakers this year (I know, I know, the Knicks are comical too, but watching Kobe rip into Jeremy Lin and call him a soft *** ***** is grade-A quality television).

cmellofan15
12-12-2014, 11:39 AM
How the hell is Kobe matching their productivity.. He's the only one trying to win games. Are you even watching the games or are you just assuming that Kobe goes out and jacks shots? He's getting older yet he's the most competitive guy on the team. So what if he's not playing great? He's proven himself as the top dog in LAL and until someone comes to Lakers and takes that from him, they better stop crying about it. He's trying to win and clearly, his team is more contempt with just getting over with the season. Kobe is on borrowed time. Dude has two-three years left.. at most. I can see why he is growing frustrated with how his team is playing.

unfortunately, I have been watching the games. where exactly is he doing leaps and bounds better than anyone on his team? does he really standout in that pile of garbage?

and again what makes what he's doing competitive?! He has given up completely on defense and has resorted to shooting whenever and however he pleases. it brings me back to my original question, is Kobe stupid enough to believe that what he's doing is going to win games or is he just being a diva and trying to get his shots?

if Kobe really thinks this is a winning formula then that explains a lot, but I'm not sure anyone who knows the game of basketball equates chucking and piss poor defense to winning. like i said earlier.. just keep shooting kobe, that'll teach em..

FlashBolt
12-12-2014, 01:07 PM
unfortunately, I have been watching the games. where exactly is he doing leaps and bounds better than anyone on his team? does he really standout in that pile of garbage?

and again what makes what he's doing competitive?! He has given up completely on defense and has resorted to shooting whenever and however he pleases. it brings me back to my original question, is Kobe stupid enough to believe that what he's doing is going to win games or is he just being a diva and trying to get his shots?

if Kobe really thinks this is a winning formula then that explains a lot, but I'm not sure anyone who knows the game of basketball equates chucking and piss poor defense to winning. like i said earlier.. just keep shooting kobe, that'll teach em..

Excluding your invalid post, that still doesn't change the fact that these Lakers are probably not giving it their all. Even by your claim that Kobe is playing horribly, he always gives it his all. I don't think he was upset because they suck but because they lack effort.

cmellofan15
12-12-2014, 01:47 PM
the reason I keep bringing up defense is because it requires EFFORT. we may differ in opinions on this, but I believe any NBA player is capable of playing passable defense if they are willing to put in the effort. there's a reason most of the great defensive players in the league are usually categorized as hustle players as well. if Kobe expects something out of the Lakers he should probably set the bar himself before he throws his little ***** fits.

Kobe came out of the gates jacking up shots this season shooting something like 38% in his first 6 games on over 120 fga. is it like he's even trying to incorporate his team? has even given team basketball a chance yet this season? half of their wins have come when he's had 7+ assists.

OlivaThor
12-12-2014, 02:04 PM
These mofos aint doin **** for ME .. typical Kobe Bean Bryant

basketfan4life
12-12-2014, 02:23 PM
the reason I keep bringing up defense is because it requires EFFORT. we may differ in opinions on this, but I believe any NBA player is capable of playing passable defense if they are willing to put in the effort. there's a reason most of the great defensive players in the league are usually categorized as hustle players as well. if Kobe expects something out of the Lakers he should probably set the bar himself before he throws his little ***** fits.

Kobe came out of the gates jacking up shots this season shooting something like 38% in his first 6 games on over 120 fga. is it like he's even trying to incorporate his team? has even given team basketball a chance yet this season? half of their wins have come when he's had 7+ assists.

May be, just may be, he is passing the ball at a close level every game, but these guys don't put it in the hole at the same level, or even take the shot at the same level? Are you sure you are watching a lot of lakers or are you spliittin **** assumptions like they are for real?

IBleedPurple
12-12-2014, 02:38 PM

Shots or points?My thoughts exactly lol

72 Wins
12-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Rarely do I see negative reinforcement work on younger players. I see Lin's confidence getting more shot.

FlashBolt
12-12-2014, 03:39 PM

Dude.. find me a 36 year old guard who has to do what Kobe does on both ends.. I don't care what you say but stop pretending this is Kobe at his prime. No one here expects Kobe to be an elite defender. Can he at spurts? Yes, but not when he's being demanded to do so much at this stage of his career. I highly doubt you are watching these Lakers games... Half of their wins have come when he's had 7+ assists? Well, how do you get assists.. When your teammates makes buckets. Quite frankly, he's the only one who has been putting an A+ effort. I don't blame him one bit. Again, read the damn transcript. He's not blaming them for not being All-Star caliber players. He's blaming them for effort. Despite you saying defense is 100% effort, that simply isn't true when you are 36 years old running on 1600+ games.

cmellofan15
12-12-2014, 04:22 PM
where have I ever said anything about playing elite defense? you keep bringing it up like it's something I said but you just made it up like 4 posts ago hahaha. I said he should be playing passable defense, like to the point where his defensive effort doesn't completely negate anything he's doing on the offensive end.

and yeah, you're right. you get assists when your team mates make buckets. a majority of his team mates are shooting better than him!! why not give to the guys who take better, higher percentage shots?? oh, because he's kobe and he has to take the shots...

and I get that he's been going for a while. but if he's still putting in the effort to play iso ball why can't he play a lick of defense?? we've seen plenty of players adjust their style to better suit their age and guys like Vince Carter, Grant Hill, Jason Kidd, Ray Allen. I get that Kobe doesn't want to take the backseat like they did, but it's looking like he should because his play style isn't helping anything in LA right now.

GiantsSwaGG
12-12-2014, 04:38 PM
Colby Bryant

GiantsSwaGG
12-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Why is he trying to motivate these guys?
They suck, I hope it works, we don't need the Lakers in the top 5 lottery

Tony_Starks
12-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Wait wait wait....did you seriously just say "I wonder how rare this stuff is?" Lol. Let me end your wonderment its incredibly common.

Trueblue2
12-12-2014, 04:45 PM
Have you guys never played a competitive team sport before? Nothing wrong with what he said, team leaders are supposed to be the ones to hold team mates accountable. Some people respond really well to that type of criticism, some shrink from it. The ones that shrink from it are generally the Lance Stephenson types that are content being talented and not fixing their weaknesses.

Tony_Starks
12-12-2014, 04:45 PM
Props to Nick Young though, aside from Kobe definitely has the most heart on the team...

Hawkeye15
12-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Getting raped by the spurs is just gonna make **** worse hahaha.

Dude has no patience, that alone makes me believe he would be a terrible coach. Plus, he would expect so much from his players, he'd get pissed once he sees that not all players are that talented. That is pretty laughable.

Yep. He would be that coach who doesn't understand why everyone can't be as good as him, or work as hard as he did, or be as smart as him. He would be a terrible, terrible coach.

Now, he would be an awesome owner haha, cause he would do anything to win.

asandhu23
12-12-2014, 06:02 PM

Who told you that?

jerellh528
12-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Who told you that?

When he quit to play baseball im guessing

asandhu23
12-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Yep. He would be that coach who doesn't understand why everyone can't be as good as him, or work as hard as he did, or be as smart as him. He would be a terrible, terrible coach.

nope. he'd fire everybody every other day and no one would play for him.

asandhu23
12-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Rarely do I see negative reinforcement work on younger players. I see Lin's confidence getting more shot.

Definitely not. I read a book about Bill Russell in which they said that Bill had to deal with Don Nelson not being that good. Instead of shouting at Don, Bill would tell him to focus on certain things and would take over where Don was having issues.

Hawkeye15
12-12-2014, 06:20 PM
nope. he'd fire everybody every other day and no one would play for him.

don't agree with that. I think he would be an excellent owner of a large market team

Bruno
12-12-2014, 06:22 PM

i don't think he has.

i think it's a mix of both.

PowerHouse
12-12-2014, 06:30 PM
This happened at practice? We talkin bout practice??

On a serious note, guys chewing each other out at practice goes as far back as the dawn of the NBA. This is actually very mild. A lot of times guys will actually come to blows, or close to it, at practice but those situations dont get blown out of proportion because they arent caught on somebodys camera phone.

jerellh528
12-12-2014, 07:10 PM
These mofos aint doin **** for ME .. typical Kobe Bean Bryant

In the context of improving. I'm sure I don't have to tell you this but kobe is always trying to improve his game. It doesn't help when you're practicing with guys who don't care.

Lakers + Giants
12-12-2014, 08:24 PM

I agree with that. He wouldn't understand how not all players have unlimited potential. He would expect so much out of his players, it would drive him insane.

He might be a better owner than Jordan, lmao. I wouldn't mind Kobe owning the lakers haha.

Crackadalic
12-12-2014, 08:32 PM
Kobe has every right to chew them out

kobe4thewinbang
12-13-2014, 12:31 AM
He was trying to light a fire and get out some frustration at the time. Trying to make diamonds out of ****.

Bruno
12-13-2014, 02:30 AM
look who just beat the champs.

DemarDerozan
12-13-2014, 03:50 AM
Not everyone gets a trophy in the NBA... Just one team. Good on Kobe for being assertive. It would be awesome if Lin learned from this and started playing with an edge. Otherwise they should send him to Philly with a future second rounder. That seems to be the trend for useless mentally soft roleplayers.

DemarDerozan
12-13-2014, 03:55 AM
This is the LA Lakers. This team is essentially the New York Yankees or Real Madrid of basketball. There comes a certain expectation when you put on that jersey. Teams like Boston and LA have higher standards even when they suck. They have an international fanbase and legacy to live up to. No one wants to see the greatest franchise in the history of the sport play with 50% effort.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-13-2014, 05:57 AM
This is the LA Lakers. This team is essentially the New York Yankees or Real Madrid of basketball. There comes a certain expectation when you put on that jersey. Teams like Boston and LA have higher standards even when they suck. They have an international fanbase and legacy to live up to. No one wants to see the greatest franchise in the history of the sport play with 50% effort.

Spot on

ewing
12-13-2014, 07:25 AM
I can't believe Mr Bean would use that kind of language

cmellofan15
12-13-2014, 10:48 AM

Finals MVP-less champs.

RLundi
12-13-2014, 11:32 AM

Lol seriously?

mngopher35
12-13-2014, 02:08 PM
I can't believe Mr Bean would use that kind of language

Lol

Bruno
12-14-2014, 01:52 AM
Finals MVP-less champs.
the Spurs plug out players all the time. the Lakers have no business beating the spurs no matter what one individual player they are missing. nobody would have bet money on the Lakers. what kobe did, it was effective. this team needs a bit more intensity, especially since they're pretty much .500 since Youngs return. they're trending towards .500 and he wants serious practices.

Lol seriously?

totally. my favorite part of what he said is, "...how am i supposed to get better"

the 36 year old 19th year veteran who was leading the league in total minutes as of 48 hours ago is still concerned about getting better in practice.

thats classic kobe system.

Jamiecballer
12-14-2014, 10:30 AM
Catch 22 Kobe. Why should I give it 100% every night when you are hogging the **** out of the ball. What a joker.

KnickNyKnick
12-14-2014, 11:06 AM
this is why kobe would be the best type of teammate.

but the lakers should focus on tanking for that pick to

jerellh528
12-14-2014, 12:30 PM
Catch 22 Kobe. Why should I give it 100% every night when you are hogging the **** out of the ball. What a joker.

Because this isn't middle school. They play for their livelihood and fans.

DaBUU
12-14-2014, 02:47 PM
By the end of the scrimmage, which the starters won, Bryant said, "Practice gets real uncomfortable when I'm in this mother----."

I love Killer Kobe, thats what Mike would've done.

Jamiecballer
12-15-2014, 12:11 AM
Because this isn't middle school. They play for their livelihood and fans.
Makes no difference. Guys that hog the ball, particularly when they aren't exactly doing great things with it, certainly don't endear themselves to teammates. Can't play like a one man band and then complain that others aren't playing with a lot of enthusiasm. Well you can I suppose, but it makes him look totally clueless imo

*Silver&Black*
12-16-2014, 12:25 AM
Man, I really like Kobe's attitude.