PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone beat the warriors????????????????

michael jordan
12-11-2014, 07:13 PM
19 and 2
are they for real/

2-ONE-5
12-11-2014, 07:16 PM
spurs and suns

/thread

michael jordan
12-11-2014, 07:20 PM
tim Duncan will blown out his knee and wont return ever again
suns wont make the playoffs!:oldguy:

rockets-fan
12-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Spurs
Mavs
Suns
Blazers
Rockets

Any of those 5 teams can beat them. The Warriors can also beat any of those 5 teams if that makes sense a all. I'd like to say that with a healthy squad or at least 80% healthy squad, The rockets would've beat them last night.

Kyben36
12-11-2014, 07:30 PM
YES THEY ARE REAL, but yes than can be beat as well, the bulls played them really well, prevented either of their splash brothers from going off, but Green shot a rediculous % from 3 and went for nearly 30 points i think., the truth is, come playoff time, teams will D up better against them, especaily guarding the 3., teams that relly on 3s can live and dye by the 3, are they a good team, no doubt in my mind, but i think they could run more offense through the middle and be better, but their D has improved to.

but coming out of the west, Who knows right

Greedy22
12-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Spurs.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-11-2014, 07:42 PM
They're real, but many teams can beat them in a playoffs series.

Blitzbolt
12-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Grizz warrior on The 16. ;)

moshy2
12-11-2014, 11:45 PM
I have a bad feeling about traveling to the Mavs for a Saturday afternoon game

FlashBolt
12-11-2014, 11:53 PM
In a four game series, I hate to say it but I'd take Mavs, Spurs, Memphis, and OKC over them. I just don't see them being able to keep that level of play in the playoffs.

nastynice
12-12-2014, 12:03 AM
Spurs can easily beat us, as it stands right now.

As of right now, if we matched up with any team in the playoffs we'd be the favorites, except against the spurs. They are better, they are the best team in the nba, and until we dominate them the way they've dominated us, we ain't gonna get a chip

nastynice
12-12-2014, 12:04 AM
Spurs
Mavs
Suns
Blazers
Rockets

Any of those 5 teams can beat them. The Warriors can also beat any of those 5 teams if that makes sense a all. I'd like to say that with a healthy squad or at least 80% healthy squad, The rockets would've beat them last night.

lol, yes, we know. Almost every single rocket fan on earth would like to say that. Almost

benny01
12-12-2014, 01:23 AM
tim Duncan will blown out his knee and wont return ever again
suns wont make the playoffs!:oldguy:
50% of my posts refer to someone blowing a knee out cause I'm 12

tredigs
12-12-2014, 01:51 AM
If we're full strength in the playoffs it's going to be a very tough team to out. But, this is the west. There's a decent chance they get the most unfortunate draw ever, play OKC in round 1 and lose. In a ''good scenario'' they have to face/beat three 55 win teams before they get to the finals. As it stands there are many teams that could theoretically beat them, and SAS would probably be favored in a series (over everyone).

Cal827
12-12-2014, 01:51 AM
Michael Jordan

slaker619
12-12-2014, 02:15 AM
#Heat will take em' down #Wade got this

Goose17
12-12-2014, 12:00 PM
YES THEY ARE REAL, but yes than can be beat as well, the bulls played them really well, prevented either of their splash brothers from going off, but Green shot a rediculous % from 3 and went for nearly 30 points i think., the truth is, come playoff time, teams will D up better against them, especaily guarding the 3., teams that relly on 3s can live and dye by the 3, are they a good team, no doubt in my mind, but i think they could run more offense through the middle and be better, but their D has improved to.

but coming out of the west, Who knows right

Thing is they don't live and die by the three anymore. There's s lot more off ball movement, a lot more cutting and especially back door stuff.

Kerr and Co played the Bulls perfectly. They know how Chicago like to defend and that they rarely let their bigs leave the paint. So when GS started flaring Green on switches he was getting wide open looks.

Anyway, in the West anything is possible. So many great teams I wouldn't even dare to try and predict anything.

RLundi
12-12-2014, 12:02 PM
I wonder which is greater, the amount of wins the Warriors have or the amount of question marks in this thread title.

The SF Giant
12-13-2014, 08:25 PM
no

The SF Giant
12-13-2014, 08:26 PM
I wonder which is greater, the amount of wins the Warriors have or the amount of question marks in this thread title.

Warriors have 19 wins. There are 16 ?s.

Crackadalic
12-13-2014, 08:33 PM
The warriors are playing as well as anyone I've seen play on both sides of the ball

Their offense is a lot more diverse this year
Their defense is top notch

Best scoring backcourt who also plays defense.
A lot of 2 way players. Depth.

There only weakness I can think of is in a playoff game can to handle the ball and not waste possession. They are near the top pf the league in turnovers and they can bite them in the playoffs

That said I can think of any real flaws with this team

ombada
12-13-2014, 08:43 PM
Short answer; yes.

Longer answer; are you serious? What a dramatic overreaction. They are not the first team to start with that record. Actually they are the 12th or 13th. Everything is clicking for them right now. For that to hold up over an 82 game season a lot has to go right.

Trwood12
12-13-2014, 09:02 PM
I would pick Memphis over them in a seven game series. Also a healthy rockets squad would be a tough matchup for them.

tredigs
12-13-2014, 09:10 PM
Short answer; yes.

Longer answer; are you serious? What a dramatic overreaction. They are not the first team to start with that record. Actually they are the 12th or 13th. Everything is clicking for them right now. For that to hold up over an 82 game season a lot has to go right.

Sort of. The production from their 2nd unit is still a clear negative, but that will likely change when they add David Lee to the bench unit tomorrow (and even with the bench struggling and bringing games closer than they should be, Curry + Klay are leading the team in minutes at just around 33 a night). This teams starting unit is very very solid offensively, granted, but it pales in comparison to what they're doing as a defense. The reason nobody can beat GS is because virtually every team has a below average shooting night against us, and that is much more sustainable throughout the year. They're by far the best D in the league right now and should easily achieve 60 wins because of that (hell if they go .500 from here on out, they win 50). But, being that they play in arguably the toughest conference ever, I don't see 70+ as realistic.

numba1CHANGsta
12-13-2014, 09:24 PM
They're not going to be this good all season, I see them finishing with less than 60 wins

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2014, 09:28 PM
Yea, pretty easily. They'll lose at minimum 15 games. So yea, others can beat the Warriors.

kdspurman
12-14-2014, 12:05 AM
I'd say yes. (assuming we're talking about playoffs)

Crunch Time
12-14-2014, 12:14 AM
they'll lose to the thunders first round

TrueFan420
12-14-2014, 12:46 AM
Spurs have had our number for days

TrueFan420
12-14-2014, 02:44 AM
Yea, pretty easily. They'll lose at minimum 15 games. So yea, others can beat the Warriors.

So you're saying we're losing our next game?

Iron24th
12-14-2014, 04:39 AM
Spurs
Grizzlies
Blazers
Thunder
Clippers
Rockets

All those teams can beat them

Chronz
12-14-2014, 05:54 AM
Spurs
Grizzlies
Blazers
Thunder
Clippers
Rockets

All those teams can beat them

cant

JasonJohnHorn
12-14-2014, 07:36 AM
I'd say in a 7-game series in the West, I'd take the Clipper or the Spurs (assuming both rosters were healthy).

Kerr is doing a great job, but he's not a been tested in the playoffs yet, and Pop and Doc have way too much experience to let a rookie coach pull off close games.

I think talent wise, the Warriors have the best roster, so that could easily compensate for Kerr's inexperience coaching, but my gut still tells me that Doc and Pop, with rosters as good as they have, could come out on top in a series like that. Though... that said... the Spurs have dropped some odd playoff match-ups; Grizzlies, Alvin Gentry's Suns with old Nash.... so... hey... who knows.

They are a great team and could obviously go all the way, but it is a long season, and this core has only won one playoff series so far, and that was against a team with injuries.

tredigs
12-14-2014, 07:57 AM
I actually think the Warriors at full strength would beat the Rockets, Clippers or Grizz in 6 or less. I also think they would beat the Spurs in 7. And I think they'll have to.

Time will tell.

moshy2
12-14-2014, 09:36 AM
Nobody can beat us! Unless Bogut doesn't play against Memphis, then we lose. And if AD plays today I'm scared of the cruel things he might do to Festus and Speights. And after that the Thunder are in town so that's a tough matchup. Oh and Christmas Day at the Clippers, you know they'll be slightly motivated. Still have a couple trips to SA and multiple games with Hou, Dal, Por, Cle, Tor. But other than that nobody can beat us! And Phx, they already beat us once. Gotta play Was twice too. Oh and don't forget the rematches with Mem and Lac, they can get ugly. Other than those couple tough games I feel like our schedule is a cakewalk.

Blitzbolt
12-14-2014, 11:12 AM
Spurs are the team to beat.
Thunder second if healthy.

BALLER R
12-14-2014, 12:07 PM
In the playoffs I would only say the spurs because they are the spurs, Everyone else I think they beat. OKC doesn't have enough to go 7 games with them, not the way this team is playing.

Goose17
12-14-2014, 12:44 PM
A lot of this will depend on health. Bogut being out is a big hit the our offense AND defense.

Lee being out isn't great. But we've been winning without him.

We need Bogut for our offense but when it comes to teams with great bigs (new orleans, Memphis etc) we absolutely need Bogut out there.

kdspurman
12-14-2014, 01:12 PM
I actually think the Warriors at full strength would beat the Rockets, Clippers or Grizz in 6 or less. I also think they would beat the Spurs in 7. And I think they'll have to.

Time will tell.

you think? I feel like SA is tough cause they've got guys to slow down curry and klay. something a lot of other teams don't.

they have played the Warriors pretty well the past few years. even in oracle, they have a way of taking the crowd out of the game

Raps18-19 Champ
12-14-2014, 01:34 PM
So you're saying we're losing our next game?

Nah, but the losses will come at some point.

tredigs
12-14-2014, 01:37 PM
you think? I feel like SA is tough cause they've got guys to slow down curry and klay. something a lot of other teams don't.

they have played the Warriors pretty well the past few years. even in oracle, they have a way of taking the crowd out of the game

"pretty well" heh. Yeah you could say that. The Spurs own us. The Warriors would need HCA and they would need to be healthy, but yeah I actually do think that if both teams go into the playoffs at full strength in that scenario I might give GSW the very very slight edge. Spurs do match up beautifully though and a series win by them would not exactly be a shocker.

That said, at this point it's probably just as likely the Warriors get knocked out in the 1st round by OKC than they do go on to fight for the title.

Goose17
12-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Anyone can beat anyone on any given night.

But the Spurs are the only team I think are clear favourites against us. Other teams can beat us obviously, anyone can. And some have a better chance than others. Memphis, Houston, Portland etc all have incredible teams that have what it takes to beat us, but there's nobody in the league I don't feel we're at least on par with. Aside from San Antonio.

likemystylez
12-14-2014, 06:21 PM
Anyone can beat anyone on any given night.

But the Spurs are the only team I think are clear favourites against us. Other teams can beat us obviously, anyone can. And some have a better chance than others. Memphis, Houston, Portland etc all have incredible teams that have what it takes to beat us, but there's nobody in the league I don't feel we're at least on par with. Aside from San Antonio.

I actually think next game between spurs and warriors wont be all that one sided... int he game the warriors lost to the spurs.... it was one of their worse games fundamentally all year). I think the warriors turned it over 25 times and allowed like 20 offensive rebounds. Warriors held the spurs to 40% shooting but allowed them to get 20 more shots in the game...

i expect next spurs warriors game to be a real fight by both sides

likemystylez
12-14-2014, 06:27 PM

this years warriors team has a new coaching staff- they are a different team out there with out they play

RLundi
12-14-2014, 06:36 PM

Time will tell.

What a surprise.

Spurs will beat them. It won't be easy, but San Antonio has the upper hand.

I also think the Grizzlies and Bulls would beat them in a grueling series.

Everyone else, I'll take the Warriors.

Goose17
12-14-2014, 06:49 PM
I actually think next game between spurs and warriors wont be all that one sided... int he game the warriors lost to the spurs.... it was one of their worse games fundamentally all year). I think the warriors turned it over 25 times and allowed like 20 offensive rebounds. Warriors held the spurs to 40% shooting but allowed them to get 20 more shots in the game...

i expect next spurs warriors game to be a real fight by both sides

Allowed 20 offensive rebounds or got beaten on the boards?

They forced a lot of those turnovers and they destroyed us on the glass. Sorry, I think they're just better. Not that we can't beat them. Just that they're the better team (the better team doesn't always win though)

Blitzbolt
12-14-2014, 07:57 PM
'If healthy' <this is why I think my Grizz will easily beat the warriors in a playoff series they are just to soft. Bugut is great but soft green is to small and Spreights can't rebound or be phycical and Lee is soft as well.No way they survive a 7 game series with does bigs.

And if they somehow do they won't be100℅ for the next series.

tredigs
12-14-2014, 08:30 PM
What a surprise.

Spurs will beat them. It won't be easy, but San Antonio has the upper hand.

I also think the Grizzlies and Bulls would beat them in a grueling series.

Everyone else, I'll take the Warriors.
lol "what a surprise". There was probably no person on here harder or lower on the Warriors until the management change. I've been right on 95% of my projections of the team. To say the Spurs "will" win the series is just off. Obviously could, but it would essentially be a Pick 'Em if they played a series where Golden State had HCA and were 100% (meaning David Lee on their bench). And if I had to I'd bet on GS.

blahblahyoutoo
12-14-2014, 08:35 PM
they're on pace to shatter the 72-10 regular season record.

tredigs
12-14-2014, 08:40 PM
I liked Kerr's response to the question. He basically laughed and essentially said, "No - Jordan decided he wanted to beat the Lakers 69 win record that season so we did".

Vinny642
12-14-2014, 08:42 PM
We playing them tough

kdspurman
12-14-2014, 09:14 PM
the spurs IMO have the personnel, depth, coaching, and experience to matchup with the warriors. not to mention their familiarity and chemistry they've built up over the past couple seasons. thats why I think they would have the upper hand if the 2 teams faced up in a playoff series, regardless of hca.

It is a long season though, lot of ball to be played. fun to speculate and talk about it now :)

nastynice
12-14-2014, 09:53 PM
But the Spurs are the only team I think are clear favourites against us.

This.

Not to say other teams don't have a chance, cuz playoffs in the west is a straight dog fight from round 1, but I think we'd be favorites vs anyone else, except spurs

likemystylez
12-14-2014, 10:53 PM
they're on pace to shatter the 72-10 regular season record.

they wont beat that record..... that bulls team was 40-3 at one point

RLundi
12-14-2014, 11:19 PM
lol "what a surprise". There was probably no person on here harder or lower on the Warriors until the management change. I've been right on 95% of my projections of the team. To say the Spurs "will" win the series is just off. Obviously could, but it would essentially be a Pick 'Em if they played a series where Golden State had HCA and were 100% (meaning David Lee on their bench). And if I had to I'd bet on GS.

95% huh?

The lens that you're seeing this team in may be just a bit clouded. Their defense is phenomenal, though I'm willing to bet it softens up a bit, especially when Lee gets some burn. Can they keep this frenetic pace all year? We'll see.

Here's why I'm a little bullish on them: they're a jump-shooting team. And they turn the ball over a lot. They move the ball nicely and get some easy looks bcause of the concern of their 3-point shooting but let's see how well all those 3-point launches work in a 7-game series against good defensive, methodical, battle-tested teams. Tbh, I watched 3 Warrior games all year and came away fairly impressed. But nothing WOWED me to the point that I thought, this team is going to win the championship, especially the game against the Magic. Every team has off nights but they didn't play any different that night (read: worse) than the other 2 games I saw. It just shouldn't have been that close in my opinion.

HCA or not, I just think the Spurs are the better team, all things considered. I stand by what I said about that, and about the Bulls and Grizzlies. MAYBE the Thunder. I hope that's the Warrior's first draw. It'd make for one hell of a test.

moshy2
12-15-2014, 01:03 AM
'If healthy' <this is why I think my Grizz will easily beat the warriors in a playoff series they are just to soft. Bugut is great but soft green is to small and Spreights can't rebound or be phycical and Lee is soft as well.No way they survive a 7 game series with does bigs.

Just a bit of advice, not to completely dismiss your point, but if you want people to take your opinion of a player seriously spell their names correctly. It goes a long way.

likemystylez
12-15-2014, 01:06 AM
Just a bit of advice, not to completely dismiss your point, but if you want people to take your opinion of a player seriously spell their names correctly. It goes a long way.

pretty clear it was a typo- griz fans know exactly who speights is. He played a big role for memphis a few yrs back

moshy2
12-15-2014, 01:30 AM
pretty clear it was a typo- griz fans know exactly who speights is. He played a big role for memphis a few yrs back

Just like Bugut did

LAKERS4LIFE!!
12-15-2014, 01:35 AM
Just like Bugut did

lol

curtcocaine
12-15-2014, 02:06 AM
Where did bugut play?

Sean Moore
12-15-2014, 03:46 AM
Don't want to jinks it so I really won't comment too much. Hopefully they can keep it up!!

sf-fanatic
12-15-2014, 05:09 AM
I'm not sure if I would call Draymond Green "soft." Hes probably our most physical defender and can defend almost any position like Iggy.

But the Spurs would have the advantage over us and I think the upper half of the playoff teams in the West are all on the same level IMO.

Monta is beast
12-15-2014, 05:11 AM

sf-fanatic
12-15-2014, 05:12 AM
I'm just glad as a Warriors fan, we get to talk about HCA advantage in the playoffs for once ! The championship talk is a big premature but its great to be able to expect wins. Its been so many years since Warrior fans got to talk about the C-word especially for me being more in 1991.

Monta is beast
12-15-2014, 05:12 AM
draymond shuts blake griffin down, he's saying he cant handle z-bo cmon? draymond is football tough dude doesnt know what hes talking about

Monta is beast
12-15-2014, 05:14 AM
I'm just glad as a Warriors fan, we get to talk about HCA advantage in the playoffs for once ! The championship talk is a big premature but its great to be able to expect wins. Its been so many years since Warrior fans got to talk about the C-word especially for me being more in 1991.

if we stay at one the thunder are catching up to whoever is at 7. so we'll be playing suns, pelicans, mavs etc

Monta is beast
12-15-2014, 05:15 AM

aye thats funny cause i wont sy it either haha

tredigs
12-15-2014, 07:09 AM
95% huh?

The lens that you're seeing this team in may be just a bit clouded. Their defense is phenomenal, though I'm willing to bet it softens up a bit, especially when Lee gets some burn. Can they keep this frenetic pace all year? We'll see.

Here's why I'm a little bullish on them: they're a jump-shooting team. And they turn the ball over a lot. They move the ball nicely and get some easy looks bcause of the concern of their 3-point shooting but let's see how well all those 3-point launches work in a 7-game series against good defensive, methodical, battle-tested teams. Tbh, I watched 3 Warrior games all year and came away fairly impressed. But nothing WOWED me to the point that I thought, this team is going to win the championship, especially the game against the Magic. Every team has off nights but they didn't play any different that night (read: worse) than the other 2 games I saw. It just shouldn't have been that close in my opinion.

HCA or not, I just think the Spurs are the better team, all things considered. I stand by what I said about that, and about the Bulls and Grizzlies. MAYBE the Thunder. I hope that's the Warrior's first draw. It'd make for one hell of a test.

A bit clouded to say that the odds (meaning Vegas line) would essentially be even if the Spurs and Warriors played at 100% with GSW having HCA? I can almost guarantee you that is correct.

You seem to be fixated on the idea that they live and die by the jumper (don't worry, a lot of people are). Simply isn't true. Despite the #1 pace in the NBA, there are 5 teams that shoot more 3's than GS (and they're all very good teams). Rox, Mavs, Suns, Clips, Blazers. Adjusted for pace you can add in the Nuggets, Sixers, Hawks and Raptors. Though there's nothing wrong with the three ball. Historically, it actually has one of the highest corollaries to winning games. Much more so than TO rate, rebound rate, etc. And even though they do in fact shoot a lot of threes, they also get into the paint quite a bit this season. The combination of both (and having the shooters that they do taking these 3's) is why they lead the league in FG% at >48% and are #2 in both eFG% and PPS only to the Clips. Of the Warriors three leading scorers (Curry/Klay/Green), each are averaging career highs in shots within 3 feet of the rim and FT attempts, as well as career lows in deep mid range attempts (>16 feet to 3). Not coincidentally, also career highs in TS% for all three.

Their offense that is now predicated on multiple screens each play as well as constant ball movement is significantly better than in years past, and when you combine that with what is now the best D in the NBA (through a quarter of the season, rating at historically high levels), you get what you're seeing out of them. A 60+ win team. Like I already mentioned, a 1st round loss this season still wouldn't exactly shock me (being that it could very well be a matchup V OKC, or a 55+ win Mavs/Rox/Blazer squad), but this team will probably be favored in every playoff series (outside of the 'Pick 'em' I think they'd be against SAS) if they're 100%.

Goose17
12-15-2014, 08:55 AM
Tbh, I watched 3 Warrior games all year and came away fairly impressed.

You've only watched three games all year so it's no surprise that you don't realise we're not a jump shooting team anymore. We thrive off cuts from off ball screens, pick and rolls and back doors etc. The shooting is there to space the floor and for when someone gets hot. This isn't the same team you're thinking of.

Htownballa1622
12-15-2014, 10:05 AM
I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but your stupid.

Ironic

Andrew32
12-15-2014, 10:07 AM
They've been in some close games lately even again some weak teams.
They definitely don't give off that "unbeatable" aura that a team like the 96 Bulls had.

I see them losing sometime over the next 5 games.

TheNumber37
12-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Knicks

Blitzbolt
12-15-2014, 11:57 AM
I didn't call Green soft I call him small.
And Slow MO(nick name we give him as a Grizz)is extremely inconsitant specially on the rebound battle.

likemystylez
12-15-2014, 12:14 PM
draymond shuts blake griffin down, he's saying he cant handle z-bo cmon? draymond is football tough dude doesnt know what hes talking about

kinda different match ups- draymond has the ability to stay between blake griffin and the basket which effects griffins ability to be as effective. green also has the ability to guard him outside where he doesnt get as many wide open shots.

zbo doesnt care if theres a man between him and the basket when he is scoring. i think randolph would have even a harder time trying to defend green though.

likemystylez
12-15-2014, 12:20 PM
They definitely don't give off that "unbeatable" aura that a team like the 96 Bulls had.

LMAO- their margins are better than that bulls team overall though (in a ridiculously better conference)- and you are aware they have played the whole season with out an all star power forward and the last week or so without their defensive anchor.

game against the pelicans was tough, but they manhandled the mavs in dallas the day before (not an easy task), double digit win against the rockets on thursday?

not saying they are as good as the bulls- and i dont know if anybody is unbeatable in this insane western conference. There could be 5 or 6 teams with over 55 wins

likemystylez
12-15-2014, 12:23 PM
You've only watched three games all year so it's no surprise that you don't realise we're not a jump shooting team anymore. We thrive off cuts from off ball screens, pick and rolls and back doors etc. The shooting is there to space the floor and for when someone gets hot. This isn't the same team you're thinking of.

I think a lot of people have that image of the warriors cuz the splash brothers is what most of the country thinks of when you talk about golden state. when healthy- the warriors are actually a very complete and well balanced outfit though.

Chronz
12-15-2014, 01:29 PM

Dear God i hope we don't square off again until the Finals

Chronz
12-15-2014, 01:34 PM

Lol. Blake did exactly what was expected of him vs an undersized player. You Want to see shut down defense, look at what the grizzlies bigs have done to ours over the years. Lmfao

Chronz
12-15-2014, 01:37 PM

So you project an 80% winning%?

likemystylez
12-15-2014, 03:19 PM
I think the spurs are still a favorite in a 7 game series, but that gap is not nearly as wide as it was less than a year ago...... and as the warriors learn their new offense that gap will continue to get smaller

RLundi
12-15-2014, 03:32 PM
A bit clouded to say that the odds (meaning Vegas line) would essentially be even if the Spurs and Warriors played at 100% with GSW having HCA? I can almost guarantee you that is correct.

You seem to be fixated on the idea that they live and die by the jumper (don't worry, a lot of people are). Simply isn't true. Despite the #1 pace in the NBA, there are 5 teams that shoot more 3's than GS (and they're all very good teams). Rox, Mavs, Suns, Clips, Blazers. Adjusted for pace you can add in the Nuggets, Sixers, Hawks and Raptors. Though there's nothing wrong with the three ball. Historically, it actually has one of the highest corollaries to winning games. Much more so than TO rate, rebound rate, etc. And even though they do in fact shoot a lot of threes, they also get into the paint quite a bit this season. The combination of both (and having the shooters that they do taking these 3's) is why they lead the league in FG% at >48% and are #2 in both eFG% and PPS only to the Clips. Of the Warriors three leading scorers (Curry/Klay/Green), each are averaging career highs in shots within 3 feet of the rim and FT attempts, as well as career lows in deep mid range attempts (>16 feet to 3). Not coincidentally, also career highs in TS% for all three.

Their offense that is now predicated on multiple screens each play as well as constant ball movement is significantly better than in years past, and when you combine that with what is now the best D in the NBA (through a quarter of the season, rating at historically high levels), you get what you're seeing out of them. A 60+ win team. Like I already mentioned, a 1st round loss this season still wouldn't exactly shock me (being that it could very well be a matchup V OKC, or a 55+ win Mavs/Rox/Blazer squad), but this team will probably be favored in every playoff series (outside of the 'Pick 'em' I think they'd be against SAS) if they're 100%.

Fair enough. I guess we'll check this thread back in the summer.

tredigs
12-15-2014, 05:45 PM
I'd expect the Grizz to handily beat us tomorrow and end the streak at 16. Last game of the road trip for GS against the top home team in the NBA this year and still no Lee or Bogut with the Grizz at full strength. Gasol v Ezeli/Speights could get pretty ugly. This begins a BRUTAL stretch for Memphis too (GS, Spurs 2x, Chi, Cleveland and the Rockets = 6 of next 7 games), so they'll want the win badly. Memphis would only be 1 game back from top seed in the NBA at that point as well. Crazy.

If GS were to somehow win that one all bets are off.

Goose17
12-15-2014, 07:11 PM
Yeah I'm not confident going against Memphis with Bogut, Barnes and Lee all sitting out. We need to be at full strength to beat them or at the very least we need Bogut lol.

If we win this game then praise that sky wizard everyone seems so keen on.

Splash brothers will need to kill it for us to even stand a chance. And against this defense its extremely difficult. Especially without Bogut out there helping the offense.

LA_Raiders
12-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Not in 7 games. If they can stay healthy they will win it All...