PDA

View Full Version : Report: Knicks no longer want to run triangle and Melo may require knee surgery

spreadeagle
12-10-2014, 06:12 PM
What a cluster****

Carmelo Anthony and other members of the New York Knicks do not care for the triangle offense, sources said.

The players have been ready to move on from the triangle for several weeks to another system. The Knicks feel like other teams know what they are going to run and where they're going on the court.

Phil Jackson said on Monday that the Knicks players have shown defiance to the changes he and Fisher have made in the name of "changing the culture."

"There's some resistance to discipline and order and culture change and things like that," Jackson said.

As if the Knicks don’t already have enough problems.

A report emerged Wednesday that the team was on the verge of imploding following its 4-19 start to the season, with Carmelo Anthony threatening to “beat up” Tim Hardaway Jr., and with others in the locker room not enjoying playing with Anthony, and telling him he needs to take fewer shots.

Now, it appears as though those at odds with Anthony may at some point get their wish.

From Frank Isola of the New York Daily News:

According to a source, Anthony has been playing with left knee soreness for much of the season and the fear is that it may require surgery to correct. Following Tuesday’s loss at New Orleans, Anthony admitted that he’s playing with pain and hinted that he may need time off to rest. …

It is believed that if in fact surgery is needed Anthony could postpone the procedure until after the season but his most recent comments reveal a player who is concerned that his knee is not improving. Throughout his career, Anthony has shown a willingness to play hurt, including the finishing the playoffs two years ago despite suffering from a partially torn labrum in his left shoulder.

But with the Knicks season already spiraling out of control in early December, Anthony and the Knicks may decide to take a more proactive and aggressive approach in dealing with his knee injury.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/10/report-carmelo-anthony-may-require-knee-surgery/
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/12008328/new-york-knicks-carmelo-anthony-heart-team-discord-sources-say

numba1CHANGsta
12-10-2014, 06:30 PM
So does this mean Phil Jackson will go back to the Lakers next year? LOL

jimm120
12-10-2014, 06:32 PM
Its like a 4 pronged attack at causing the Knicks harm.

Its a whole bunch (not 1, but 4 news stories hitting the same day from different papers and sources, putting out negative Knicks stuff).

-Melo isn't shooting a lot, lol. He's the ONLY player that is shooting well. He's shot over 50% in 11 of his 21 games.

-Everyone else has been way off all season.

-Iman Shumpert had a good start to the season...first 6 games were good. Everything else was bad.

-Amare has been good this past week and a half.

End of the day, Knicks need 3 players able to score. Melo is doing his part. Iman did it for 6 games but hasn't since then. Amare is doing it these past 5 games.

jimm120
12-10-2014, 06:35 PM
FABRICATIONS.

Fabricated stories. All hitting on the same day.

-Melo taking too many shots? He's the only one hitting shots. Amare just started hitting shots.

-Teammates fighting? Have watched every game. No one has been fighting. Heard them "yelling" at the court...that's communication.

-Triangle woes? Yes, but no one has said that they don't want to run it. No one is acting (in game or out of the game) like they don't like the Triangle.

Fabrications

Hawkeye15
and I don't want to watch them running the triangle, it's awful. Talk about forcing a system on a bunch of players that don't fit it.

FraziersKnicks
All aboard the tank

BraveGiant
12-10-2014, 06:40 PM
Poor Knicks. Media just coming up with BS story after BS story. Just leave the Knicks alone. Yes they suck this year but come next year i bet Phil has a good team ready to compete.

Crackadalic
12-10-2014, 06:48 PM
and I don't want to watch them running the triangle, it's awful. Talk about forcing a system on a bunch of players that don't fit it.

There forcing it because they wanna see who actually does fit. I can name a few. Everyone else sucks in it. Nice way to tank without tanking

Dade County
12-10-2014, 07:08 PM
lmao

The knicks are where they should be, all is good in the world.

beasted86
12-10-2014, 07:11 PM
Just let him get the surgery, trade off all players who are on one year deals they don't plan on keeping (Bargs, Dalembert, Shumpert?) for any sort of picks or young talent and tank hard.

The Knicks need a new set of players with high IQ that are willing to be coachedand have a defensive disposition. Give the rookie Early all of Melo's intended minutes and let him develop

Tony_Starks
12-10-2014, 07:19 PM
You can't run the triangle properly without a low post threat. Phil had MJ in the post, Shaq, Kobe. All very good passers out of the double/ triple team.

Melo isn't that guy. He's probably the best ISO player currently but the triangle isn't for him....

Goose17
12-10-2014, 07:21 PM

Agree with this 100%^

I genuinely believed Jackson would have some sort of fire sale and strip that roster down to Melo and a couple of immovable objects (Bargs and Stat).

Guys like J.R Smith are NOT built for running the triangle, at all. In any way.

cssdmark
12-10-2014, 07:26 PM
lmao

The knicks are where they should be, all is good in the world.
And so is Miami

cssdmark
12-10-2014, 07:31 PM
We be all about that tank that tank no playoffs all about that tank no playoffs all about that tank

PurpleLynch
12-10-2014, 07:40 PM
**** off,this year the race for the draft is too wild. I thought the Lakers could easily secure a top spot to get the pick from range 1-5,but Philly,NY,Minnesota and even Charlotte are doing a better job than the Lakers.Jazz are also in the competition...

RLundi
12-10-2014, 07:49 PM
Between this and the Nets, New York basketball is dead.

fingerbang
12-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Between this and the Nets, New York basketball is dead.

It's been dead for a long time. The whole mecca of basketball thing is a joke.

colinskik
12-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Not sure why people are bad mouthing the triangle. The Knicks are actually looking pretty fluid on offense last several games, especially with Amare as a legit low post threat. The offense is really not the problem. It's the defense. They play terrible defense.

I think this argument that opposing teams know what the plays the Knicks are going to run is mostly and indictment on Melo. When he never looks to pass once he gets the ball in scoring position, of course it's obvious.

colinskik
12-10-2014, 08:00 PM
It's been dead for a long time. The whole mecca of basketball thing is a joke.

NYC being the mecca of basketball isn't necessarily about professional basketball in the city. It's about basketball ingrained into the city's fabric.

fingerbang
12-10-2014, 08:16 PM
NYC being the mecca of basketball isn't necessarily about professional basketball in the city. It's about basketball ingrained into the city's fabric.

Basketball wasn't even invented in NYC. It's just a classic case of NYers claiming something. Yea, the NIT was big a long time ago. Overall, the Knicks are a **** franchise and there isn't a decent college team in the whole city.

smith&wesson
12-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Is it just me or does it feel like Phill is just there to get paid? What has he done to give the Knicks fans any hope? Since Phil has been in NewYork very little has changed in the right direction.

Here me out...

- The Knicks traded their best defensive player in Tyson Chandler :confused: for what ??????

- Attaining the worst defensive pg in the league in Calderon :confused: paired him up with Bargnani ... did the Knicks never watch their division rival raptors over the last 6 years? not even when they played against them? dont they have scouts ?? they actually thought Calderon and Bargnani were good supporting cast players for Melo ? jeeeeeez

- Attaing Dalembert ? a guy who got the boot from his own national team for not being focused :facepalm: a guy who is well past his prime and wasnt very good when he was in it.

- WHY THE **** HAS JR SMITH BEEN ON THAT TEAM FOR SO LONG ? Jr smith and Carmelo didnt work in Denver why on earth would they continue that trend in NewYork?? and why for this long ?? holding on to Jr friggen Smith for this long would get my gm fired on its own.(a long time ago)

popl quiz.... a team with melo, calderon, bargnani, amare, jr smith etc.. whos playing D ??

I think the Knicks need to have a fire sale and get rid of EVERY SINGLE player on that team. That is the only way you have a chance in changing the culture there. I feel really bad for knicks fans they are a mega market city full of loyal fans and they get dirt product on the court year after year after year. . Reminds me of my Leafs. or should I say Queefs.

colinskik
12-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Basketball wasn't even invented in NYC. It's just a classic case of NYers claiming something. Yea, the NIT was big a long time ago. Overall, the Knicks are a **** franchise and there isn't a decent college team in the whole city.

No ****. Never said it was. Not even the point of my last post, which you either didn't fully read or didn't understand.

NYC is referred to as the mecca of basketball because of what it means to the city and what the city means to basketball. So many prospects come out of the NYC area because basketball is the sport that's most prevalent here. You got courts on every other block and for kids who don't have a lot of resources, basketball is a realistic way to get outside, get exercise, and even give them a goal for which to strive.

Plus, New Yorkers aren't even the ones who make the claim. It's commonly recognized truth. It may not be at the level it was in the 70's, 80's and even 90's, but it's still a basketball city through and through. A great example actually is how passionate Knicks fans are even though the team has been so bad for so long.

But whatever, you seem to have some sort of stick up your ***.

michael jordan
12-10-2014, 08:40 PM
the knicks will 22 and 60
and melo will split next summer for the rockets:oldguy:

smith&wesson
12-10-2014, 08:42 PM

Rockets got Ariza at the 3 now and he is fitting in really well over there. Dont see the need for melo anymore. If melo had half a brain he would have left to the bulls in the offseason.

michael jordan
12-10-2014, 08:45 PM
should he play for the clippers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

xxplayerxx23
12-10-2014, 08:46 PM

Hate to tell you this melo is signed for 4 more years. Also if melo has surgery I don't know if they will get to 12 wins

likemystylez
Poor Knicks. Media just coming up with BS story after BS story. Just leave the Knicks alone. Yes they suck this year but come next year i bet Phil has a good team ready to compete.

they are in NY- they have to have hot stories going on around their sports teams. reality is not too interesting. Unfortunately the triangle takes a while to implament- but LOL its not like that roster was playing at a high level before the triangle offense....

and lol at the players wanting to be against the triangle for a few weeks- its been like 5 weeks- and they wanted out after 2-3 weeks?

it would p[rob take atleast 3 months to even get somewhat comfortable.

xxplayerxx23
Rockets got Ariza at the 3 now and he is fitting in really well over there. Dont see the need for melo anymore. If melo had half a brain he would have left to the bulls in the offseason.

I mean his brain has to think about 124 million dollars don't think he's doing to bad

xxplayerxx23
12-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Without melo they might win 12-15 games lol. Tank for oakfor/mundiay/towns

smith&wesson
12-10-2014, 08:50 PM
I mean his brain has to think about 124 million dollars don't think he's doing to bad

what does that even mean ? that means his agent has a brain not him. Also he has made millions and millions and millions since being in the NBA. He would have still gotten his many more millions with the Bulls. the difference is for once in his career he might have been referred to as a winner. instead he hangs over NewYork like a dark cloud. I cant wait till he gtfo out of the big apple.

smith&wesson
12-10-2014, 08:53 PM
telling his team mate he is going "kick his ***" why because his team mate asked him to play D ...

If i was tim hardaway jr I would have said, "oh youll fight your team mate, but you wont gaurd your man.." lol

cssdmark
12-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Time to play thru the post with Amare. Caldy and Amare pick and roll and the other 3 players on the floor setup behind the three point line. Ohh **** we do not have any shooters. Oh well. It is all about that tank that tank no playoffs. Amare Is-real return to dominance tonight.

cssdmark
12-10-2014, 09:09 PM

No no no that is too many wins. I hoping more like 13-69. We need the LOTTO

GiantsSwaGG
12-10-2014, 09:19 PM
#tanktape

Bring The Heat
12-10-2014, 09:25 PM
The Knicks have been such a disastrous organization and an absolute joke for over a decade... fans must be wondering if they will ever get it together.. They might as well just tank, trade Carmelo and hope they get lucky in the draft and get the next elite player..

FriedTofuz
12-10-2014, 09:28 PM
Jackson gets 15 mil a year and he hasnt even traded JR smith yet.
Masai Ujiri got 5mil a year and traded Two " impossible contacts" Bargnani and Gay.

Jackson just isnt cutting it, getting paid and not helping this team get better.

Cal827
12-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Jackson gets 15 mil a year and he hasnt even traded JR smith yet.
Masai Ujiri got 5mil a year and traded Two " impossible contacts" Bargnani and Gay.

Jackson just isnt cutting it, getting paid and not helping this team get better.

This, and I don't see many excuses. He came into this season with no particular goal whatsoever for this team but to teach them that damn triangle. Now, he's whining as the team without an interior threat (exception Amar'e but unfortunately his time is limited) or good defense (exception Shumpert) is struggling badly, despite having a fairly easy schedule so far in the year. He's lucky enough that the team appears that they are going to be bad enough to acquire a high pick. Hopefully (if the Knicks don't get it together), Jackson can help the GM make deals to acquire picks for guys like Smith, Calderon, and Dalembert. Might be able to catch a fringe playoff contender in desperation, and acquire a pick that turns into a high one in the next year or so (kinda of how Boston owns Brooklyn's Picks for the next 2 Decades)

He's a legend for a coach, and so far, his Tenure with the Knicks implies that he shouldn't have left. Hopefully, he gets his act together or he'll make the Jim Buss look like a smart man for not giving him the same power in LA :laugh:

Cal827
12-10-2014, 09:45 PM
#tanktape

:laugh2: Who's your leader? For us it was Rasual Butler... Got so much damn time on the court, despite doing nothing else but shooting the ball..... and he was shooting like 20% for most of the year :laugh:

DarkKnight
12-10-2014, 09:47 PM
Jackson and Knicks suck close thread... Holy **** what a bait thread

GiantsSwaGG
12-10-2014, 09:54 PM
:laugh2: Who's your leader? For us it was Rasual Butler... Got so much damn time on the court, despite doing nothing else but shooting the ball..... and he was shooting like 20% for most of the year :laugh:

:laugh: it was Raymond Felton but he ate his chances and got traded.

I'm just worried about the lottery and getting a top 5 pick. Hopefully the Lakers keep winning

FriedTofuz
12-10-2014, 10:01 PM
R. Butler. Anthony Carter and Aaron Gray and we still didnt get the number 1 pick. :(

cssdmark
12-10-2014, 10:27 PM
**** off,this year the race for the draft is too wild. I thought the Lakers could easily secure a top spot to get the pick from range 1-5,but Philly,NY,Minnesota and even Charlotte are doing a better job than the Lakers.Jazz are also in the competition...
Don't hate because Kobe is going to will you out of your first round pick this year. As fifty Cent says We get it

cssdmark
12-10-2014, 10:29 PM
R. Butler. Anthony Carter and Aaron Gray and we still didnt get the number 1 pick. :(

That is because you are Toronto, nobody cares. Tell it to a Canadian mate.

cssdmark
12-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Oh yeah Charlotte won. We are getting closer.

cssdmark
12-10-2014, 10:37 PM
We be losing to a Spurs team without Duncan, Ginobli, Parker and that expressionless guy who won finals mvp Leonard, c,mom now we get it. I cannot wait to face Philly and Detroit

Vee-Rex
12-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Phil Jackson is reminding me a lot of Mike Holmgren when he became president of the Browns. Not really caring much about the franchise, more about the money.

You build a system fitting to your players' strengths, not force them into something they cannot do.

As bad as they look right now, the Knicks' future isn't so dim. Tank some this year and with a little luck acquire a top 5-6 pick. Lose the contracts of Amare and Bargnani, sign some decent free agent pieces without spending so much, and bring back a fully healthy Carmelo. Build from there.

Now Brooklyn on the other hand is screwed for a loooong time.

cssdmark
12-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Sorry guys my post should be in the Knicks game thread. Psyche, we get it

east fb knicks
12-10-2014, 11:17 PM
We be all about that tank that tank no playoffs all about that tank no playoffs all about that tank
I think you got a hit there:up:

east fb knicks
12-10-2014, 11:21 PM
andrea the Italian stallion bargniani:layup:

Cal827
12-10-2014, 11:24 PM
andrea the Italian stallion bargniani:layup:

:laugh2: You probably know what time it is then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9dX6IhU2tM

He was so annoying here. Half the time he'd play just good enough to get the team win out of the lottery, of horrible production. The other half, he'd play well, think that there was hope for the franchise, then go injure himself in a pasta commerical and miss half the year.

Also, that **** BC never gave up on him... EVER. We lose like 10 in a row, Bargnani making Josh Smith look like he's efficient, and BC wants to give him MORE time on the court :pity:

Arch Stanton
12-10-2014, 11:24 PM
Phil Jackson is reminding me a lot of Mike Holmgren when he became president of the Browns. Not really caring much about the franchise, more about the money.

You build a system fitting to your players' strengths, not force them into something they cannot do.

As bad as they look right now, the Knicks' future isn't so dim. Tank some this year and with a little luck acquire a top 5-6 pick. Lose the contracts of Amare and Bargnani, sign some decent free agent pieces without spending so much, and bring back a fully healthy Carmelo. Build from there.

Now Brooklyn on the other hand is screwed for a loooong time.

Good call on Holmgren... Was thinking the same thing. Don't come to me for playoff tickets!

east fb knicks
12-10-2014, 11:28 PM
You probably know what time it is then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9dX6IhU2tM
that's just wrong :laugh:

Cal827
12-10-2014, 11:32 PM

To be fair, it's kinda hard to even beat the Nets tank that year. How the hell do you get by a tank led by Deshawn Stevenson at PF :laugh2:

Enzo
12-11-2014, 12:41 AM
People knocking Phil Jackson are delusional. He walked into a steaming pile of crap.

This year was all about getting Fisher acclimated to being a head coach and determining who can play in the system that Phil wants to run.

Next year is when Phil gets to do his thing. Almost everyone is off the books and the real work begins.

GoferKing_
12-11-2014, 05:10 AM
They are just toooo dumb...

Sssmush
12-11-2014, 05:23 AM
Lakers are so glad that Melo didn't sign in Los Angeles.

What the heck was Phil Jackson thinking maxing this dude out.

I know what he was thinking, he was thinking we put the pressure on him to win and take away the other options and he will win. But I think we're seeing what actually happens.

Same thing with Dwight Howard as far as I'm concerned. Seriously, what "Laker fan" is still saying that the Lakers would be better off with Dwight instead of Kobe? *pffffffffffffffffffffft* These guys are dogs and the league is passing them by.

MonroeFAN
12-11-2014, 05:27 AM
We be losing to a Spurs team without Duncan, Ginobli, Parker and that expressionless guy who won finals mvp Leonard, c,mom now we get it. I cannot wait to face Philly and Detroit

Last time you faced Detroit you gave us 1 of 3 wins on the season in relatively bad fashion. Is this your actual argument or are you joking? You can't wait to face one of two teams that have 5-6 combined wins on the season?