PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Strife builds within Knicks

InRoseWeTrust
12-10-2014, 01:09 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/12008328/new-york-knicks-carmelo-anthony-heart-team-discord-sources-say

"The New York Knicks were en route to their fifth straight loss last week against Brooklyn when a frustrated Tim Hardaway Jr. screamed angrily, "Get the rebound!"

Certain his second-year teammate was speaking to him, Carmelo Anthony approached Hardaway on the way down the court and used an expletive to ask Hardaway who in the world he thought he was talking to.

Anthony, according to sources, used another expletive in telling Hardaway he was going to beat him up when they got into the locker room after the game."

Blink
12-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Knicks better get their **** together. They are 4-19 and we are 3-19.

Seriously we are finally tanking and other than the 76ers start winning.

I mean the NBA is giving it to the Lakers anyway so whatever.

Vampirate
12-10-2014, 01:20 PM
That team needs to be blown up except for Anthony.

In other news the sky is blue.

valade16
12-10-2014, 01:25 PM
According to the article, Knicks players think Anthony isn't playing team basketball, shoots too much, doesn't pass and only plays defense when he feels like it.

Aren't those the same problems we've been hearing about Anthony for the last like 10 years?

Arch Stanton
12-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Would it make sense to trade Anthony and rebuild with younger players and picks?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-10-2014, 01:34 PM
so they are not tanking?

I'm really confused now.

Chi StateOfMind
12-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Part of me wishes he just came to Chicago and the other part is telling me that's what you get. People can say all negative things about him but he's a extreme talent. He went for the money so he kind of put him self in this situation. On another note, Fisher is garbage for coaching.

jimm120
12-10-2014, 01:38 PM
As someone that's watching Knicks games always (haven't missed any), this is the most one sided article out there.

And it's making things up or exaggerating things to make a problem.

FABRICATION. That's what this article is trying to do.

cmellofan15
12-10-2014, 01:42 PM
it's only a matter of time before Phil comes down and coaches them to the Finals guys

RowBTrice
12-10-2014, 01:44 PM
At least Carmelo is mega rich tho

cmellofan15
12-10-2014, 01:47 PM
he's just building his brand, that's all

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-10-2014, 01:48 PM
As someone that's watching Knicks games always (haven't missed any), this is the most one sided article out there.

And it's making things up or exaggerating things to make a problem.

FABRICATION. That's what this article is trying to do.

What do you mean?

its a fact that Melo is lazy off the ball.

jimm120
12-10-2014, 01:48 PM
Melo is the only competent player.

In 2013-14, melo was the only player that was a real nba player all season. Once amare and jr smith started playing well in the final 2 months, and when Shumpert played solid defense the final month...that's when we started winning.

This year, melo again is the only competent player. Shumpert did well at the start but only for the first 6 games or so. Amare has turned it up in the past two weeks. So, it was melo and shump, then melo alone, and now melo and amare.

You need at least 3 guys on the team playing like nba players. That simple. EVERYONE is severely underachieving....like usual.

Once the Knicks get at least 2 others to consistently produce alongside melo, that is when they'll start winning.

kingsdelez24
12-10-2014, 01:49 PM
This only makes me think of that Larry Brown hiring back in 05 and how similar this situation has played out in comparison

ghettosean
12-10-2014, 02:12 PM
According to the article, Knicks players think Anthony isn't playing team basketball, shoots too much, doesn't pass and only plays defense when he feels like it.

Aren't those the same problems we've been hearing about Anthony for the last like 10 years?

Agreed...

They need to trade Melo now because they can get a buttload of assets for him right now and do this rebuild this team the right way. YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT ZEN MASTER!!! GET IS DONE!!!

Chronz
12-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Melo is the kind of superstar that needs more help than most, and if this report is true, needs a reality check himself.

bucketss
12-10-2014, 03:10 PM
i thought about this before but didn't really think much of it.

maybe melo is tanking because he wants a trade? he resigned in new york for the money, but maybe felt he could get a trade later on anyways.

mudvayne387
12-10-2014, 03:30 PM
As others have said, they need to move Melo. It really is as simple as that. I don't care if they get back picks or young controllable players, they just need to move him ASAP.

xxplayerxx23
12-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Keep tanking!!!!

DoMeFavors
12-10-2014, 04:09 PM
wow things getting bad for Knicks

GiantsSwaGG
12-10-2014, 04:12 PM
i thought about this before but didn't really think much of it.

maybe melo is tanking because he wants a trade? he resigned in new york for the money, but maybe felt he could get a trade later on anyways.

yup get the more and demand a trade, makes more sense getting a no trade clause because he can pick where he wants to be traded.

redsoxknicks
12-10-2014, 04:25 PM
I can't disagree with anyone's posts so far. I really wanted him to choose Chicago because overall that was the best fit for him. Knowing how much the contract would cost us, I thought he should join Chicago. Taking $5million less than max? I don't even understand what he was trying to do or say with that amount - I say that is a small amount given a $125million contract knowing any amount less he took would allow quality team mates, which is something he always wants and doesn't have enough of.

True he is a great talent, but lacks real fire on the court for 40+ minutes. The more I read of him the more he has far more passion on building his name and brand, and NYC brings that opportunity.

cmellofan15
12-10-2014, 04:31 PM
i'd prolly try to fight Hardaway too. he's a michigan guy.

mudvayne387
12-10-2014, 04:50 PM

Almost as bad as the Nets...

Crackadalic
12-10-2014, 05:01 PM
Just get the knee surgery and just tank for that top pick.

smith&wesson
12-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Terrance Ross, Bruno Cabloclo + a pick and the expiring contracts of Landry Fields and Chuck Hayes for Carmelo.

This gives the Knicks two young high prospect players to rebuild with plus a draft pick and two large expiring contracts that will give them cap relief...

DarkKnight
12-10-2014, 05:05 PM
That team needs to be blown up except for Anthony.

In other news the sky is blue.

Pretty much that'll be next yrs team , with Calderon

DarkKnight
12-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Terrance Ross, Bruno Cabloclo + a pick and the expiring contracts of Landry Fields and Chuck Hayes for Carmelo.

This gives the Knicks two young high prospect players to rebuild with plus a draft pick and two large expiring contracts that will give them cap relief...

Knicks just signed Melo :laugh:

DarkKnight
12-10-2014, 05:07 PM

Yo you're Ledgend is on the block :laugh:

beasted86
12-10-2014, 05:25 PM
I can't disagree with anyone's posts so far. I really wanted him to choose Chicago because overall that was the best fit for him. Knowing how much the contract would cost us, I thought he should join Chicago. Taking $5million less than max? I don't even understand what he was trying to do or say with that amount - I say that is a small amount given a $125million contract knowing any amount less he took would allow quality team mates, which is something he always wants and doesn't have enough of.

True he is a great talent, but lacks real fire on the court for 40+ minutes. The more I read of him the more he has far more passion on building his name and brand, and NYC brings that opportunity.

First off, there wasn't any offer made because things were contingent on moving a bunch of players. But he signed for $22+, I'm pretty sure Bulls couldn't even offer $17+

Second, if you understand NBA salary annual raise rules for contracts and contract length rules with Bird rights vs. Non-Bird rights, and just general finance calculations of compound interest, just a rough guess at this point he was giving away $50M.

colinskik
12-10-2014, 05:47 PM
I've watched every Knicks game this season and outside of a handful of games, Melo is not rising to the top of this team.... and this is a team not chocked with talent.

So often the Knicks play better without Melo on the court. And when he is out there he's always looking for his shot, not the open man. A lot of it is probably due to him not trying, but right now he's been a pretty awful player. No where near his contract.

My main problem with melo is he thinks he's a star but stars help teams win. He doesn't take any accountability and gets pissed when teammates call him on his shyt.

However, Timmy seems like a pretty annoying guy. Caught a couple minutes of his episode of "Beginnings" (a bio-like show on MSG) and he's a complete spoiled brat who obviously wouldn't mesh with the average NBA player.

redsoxknicks
12-10-2014, 05:58 PM
First off, there wasn't any offer made because things were contingent on moving a bunch of players. But he signed for $22+, I'm pretty sure Bulls couldn't even offer $17+

Second, if you understand NBA salary annual raise rules for contracts and contract length rules with Bird rights vs. Non-Bird rights, and just general finance calculations of compound interest, just a rough guess at this point he was giving away $50M.

I understand financially he wasn't going to the Bulls without a S&T, just that i thought with him saying repeatedly that he has enough money but that he just wants to win, that Chicago would have been ideal.

Turns out, he meant to say he didn't have enough money and branding and wanted most control on the team, so he thought NY was the best fit.

I really wanted Melo when the whole Denver saga started, and rooted for him hard when he got here, but really outside of some amazing games and moments, it really has actually been more negatives than positives.

He needs to give more on team work, making people better, leadership and fire, accepting responsibility, defense (not just offense), and consistently talks as much about his brand and legacy, than he does about all the basketball things to make the team better.

GiantsSwaGG
12-10-2014, 06:04 PM

Why would you want to trade for Melo?

bucketss
12-10-2014, 06:30 PM
Lol i don't want melo.

numba1CHANGsta
12-10-2014, 06:39 PM
Knicks should have never re-signed Melo, they needed to blowup that team and clean house and start from scratch, such a mess of a situation

koreancabbage
12-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Knicks just signed Melo :laugh:

Melo wanted the money. so obvious. he got the guaranteed 5th year at max pay. no other team could have done that than the Knicks.

Now he demands a trade to a team he wants to go to, i.e. Lakers/ Chi town or whoever, because his trade clause dictates so.

He literally would have played the Knicks big time if this was remotely true.

nycericanguy
12-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Melo wanted the money. so obvious. he got the guaranteed 5th year at max pay. no other team could have done that than the Knicks.

Now he demands a trade to a team he wants to go to, i.e. Lakers/ Chi town or whoever, because his trade clause dictates so.

He literally would have played the Knicks big time if this was remotely true.

huh? So instead of leaving he gets NY assets in a trade and the Knicks don't have to pay him... how would that be playing NY?

More like he'd be playing CHI... getting his money and making CHI trade talent for him.

I do think Melo ends up in CHI if the Knicks strike out this summer. I dont think Phil will ask Melo to stay for more than 1 bad season.

koreancabbage
12-10-2014, 08:32 PM
huh? So instead of leaving he gets NY assets in a trade and the Knicks don't have to pay him... how would that be playing NY?

More like he'd be playing CHI... getting his money and making CHI trade talent for him.

I do think Melo ends up in CHI if the Knicks strike out this summer. I dont think Phil will ask Melo to stay for more than 1 bad season.

doesn't mean NY would be getting equal value or even win the trade.

nycericanguy
12-10-2014, 08:33 PM
doesn't mean NY would be getting equal value or even win the trade.

maybe not, but somethings better than nothing for a guy that could have just left this past offseason.

besides when you trade a star you just never know. I remember everyone saying the Knicks got raped by DEN... but what did Chandler, Gallo & Mozzy ever turn into?

Remember Eric GOrdon for CP3? Gordon is a scrub now...

meanwhile Marc Gasol who was a 2nd round pick turned into a franchise C for MEM when they traded Pau...

u just never know what you're gonna get either way when you trade a star.

Kashmir13579
12-10-2014, 08:33 PM

Aren't those the same problems we've been hearing about Anthony for the last like 10 years? lol ya

FriedTofuz
12-11-2014, 07:01 AM
IvIve been saying it since the beginning. Melo's agent told him " you can always get a trade later" that's the only reason he stayed in NY, to get his money. Now that he's got his money he will scapegoat some reason and get traded. Yeah the knicks will get back some assets for melo, but melo didnt do that to help the team instead of just leaving, he did that so he could get ALL his money and still contend. Knicks arent signing anyone next year, that team is corrupted who the hell would wanna go there?

Sean Moore
12-11-2014, 08:25 AM
NY is in tank mode. Once they get those albatross contracts off the books at the end of this season, I'm sure things will begin to look up. This season is pretty much a wash though.