PDA

View Full Version : Nets Fire Sale

InRoseWeTrust
12-09-2014, 03:20 PM
" The Brooklyn Nets have begun reaching out to teams to let them know that former All-Stars Deron Williams, Brook Lopez and Joe Johnson are all available via trade, ESPN.com has learned."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/12004817/brooklyn-nets-exploring-trades-deron-williams-brook-lopez-joe-johnson

TS8821
12-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Bet deron wishes he would have came home right about now

Vampirate
12-09-2014, 03:23 PM
Lopez has the most value, Deron and Joe the least imo.

Arch Stanton
12-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Would have to be a team with some cap flexibility and willing to take on any of these max deals. I like Lopez, but he can't stay healthy.

nycericanguy
12-09-2014, 03:28 PM
I guess Prokhov wants to sell the team?

kduce
12-09-2014, 03:30 PM
I don't really want any of the Net's players but The Pistons are so bad that I am desperate. Josh Smith will be a good piece for Brooklyn... take him please even if it means I have take one of those old folks back. We could use a vet to try and teach these kids we have how to play anyways.

bleedprple&gold
12-09-2014, 03:33 PM
These guys are all going to be very hard to move given their contracts. Moving Lopez will be damn near impossible given his injury woes. I could see a team like the Rockets being interested in Williams but not sure who they could send back to match that salary.

koreancabbage
12-09-2014, 03:58 PM
buahaha. this is pretty sad.

i would hate to be domefavors right about now.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Joe Johnson $23,180,790 $24,894,863
Deron Williams $19,754,465 $21,042,800 $22,331,135 last year early termination
Brook Lopez $15,719,062 $16,744,218 final year player option

Never say never for trades. Even with Lopez injury prone he could still be dealt. Heck the Bucks traded Bogut injured. I was gonna say Pistons and Nets players could use a junk for junk trade putting it nicely. Smith,Jennings for Deron Williams and AK47. Not sure either team does it. But that was the first trade I thought of while posting now. Bucks cant trade with Nets for a year since we traded for Kidd. Cause the Nets have a thing for Ersan last 4 years now.

pebloemer
12-09-2014, 04:14 PM
It is going to be hard for them to rebuild without their own draft picks for the next 4 years.

Atlanta has right to swap in 2015
Boston has their 2016 pick
Boston has the right to swap in 2017
Boston has Brooklyn's 2018 pick

I guess they'd have to rebuild through free agency and trades, but they'd have to cut massive salary to do anything in free agency.

TrueFan420
12-09-2014, 04:18 PM
They still will have two picks in those 4 years and outside of ATL switching one of them should be a top pick.

Yes it will be hard but not impossible.

North Yorker
12-09-2014, 04:27 PM
They still will have two picks in those 4 years and outside of ATL switching one of them should be a top pick.

Yes it will be hard but not impossible.

It is very possible they could get zero lottery picks if they blew it up now (until 2019). Atlanta will be a playoff team this year, and Boston could be too in 2017 with the young players and assets they have now. Even doing a garbage for garbage trade (like with Detroit for Jennings/Smith) won't do them much good.

They might as well ride it out the next few years until they get cap relief.

Wade n Fade
12-09-2014, 04:33 PM
Only teams with bad contracts that can even matchup $ would do those trades, which means nobody. Brook Lopez is the only Nets player that can be built around. He gets injured too much, but him as a #2 or #3 option as a franchise cornerstone is not bad. The Nets have to do some Billy Beane style analytics and get diamonds in the rough in the 2nd round.

archdevil84
12-09-2014, 04:34 PM
give us Dwil for chalmers and granger

Crackadalic
12-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Nets is back!!!!!

Blink
12-09-2014, 04:45 PM
As a Pistons fan if we can't move Jennings/Smith before the deadline I'd make a last minute deal that sent Smith/Jennings to Nets for Williams.

God damn this season went south so fast for us.

Crackadalic
12-09-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm sorry but Billy King is horrible. He has to go

Ezio
12-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Lopez to the Thunder?

GiantsSwaGG
12-09-2014, 05:13 PM
DoMeFavors won't like this

LeonFSU
12-09-2014, 05:25 PM
It is very possible they could get zero lottery picks if they blew it up now (until 2019). Atlanta will be a playoff team this year, and Boston could be too in 2017 with the young players and assets they have now. Even doing a garbage for garbage trade (like with Detroit for Jennings/Smith) won't do them much good.

They might as well ride it out the next few years until they get cap relief.

These are my thoughts as well. They have two years without cap flexibility. It's unlikely they can make any significant improvements through a trade.

LeonFSU
12-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Also, how can the Nets actually still trust Billy King to make any trades?

albertajaysfan
12-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Also, how can the Nets actually still trust Billy King to make any trades?

Him still having a job is probably the strangest thing in the NBA right now.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-09-2014, 06:01 PM
d-will for kobe

reuniting with booz lol

Thumper 88
12-09-2014, 06:04 PM
I bet Williams wishes he signed with the Mavs lol

andy2518
12-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Sad thing is no one wants any of them. Anyone got any expiring contracts on hand. Oh thats right, NY does.

andy2518
12-09-2014, 06:13 PM
d-will for kobe

reuniting with booz lol

Booz is a shell of his former self. Who was overrated to begin with.

torocan
12-09-2014, 06:34 PM
I've been thinking about the Nets roster and who on earth would want to trade for their players. To be perfectly honest, I have a hard time coming up with a single team that will be able to both match the salaries and willing to take on those players and their contracts.

There *might* be a couple teams willing to take on Lopez, but DWill and Joe Johnson? I just can't see it unless they toss in Plumlee and maybe even a few picks.

It still baffles me that Billy King is still the GM of the Nets.

It's looking more and more like Jason Kidd left just in time.

albertajaysfan
12-09-2014, 06:45 PM
I've been thinking about the Nets roster and who on earth would want to trade for their players. To be perfectly honest, I have a hard time coming up with a single team that will be able to both match the salaries and willing to take on those players and their contracts.

There *might* be a couple teams willing to take on Lopez, but DWill and Joe Johnson? I just can't see it unless they toss in Plumlee and maybe even a few picks.

It still baffles me that Billy King is still the GM of the Nets.

It's looking more and more like Jason Kidd left just in time.

I could see someone be willing to take on Johnson next season when he is expiring. Lopez can't stay healthy though so I just don't see anyone being willing to take a chance there.

JasonJohnHorn
12-09-2014, 08:04 PM
Brandon Jennings, Josh Smith and a pick for D-Will and Lopez?

Kemba Walker for D-Will?
Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson?

The 76ers can just take all the contracts... they got the cap space ;-)

The Lakers might as well try to pick up D-Will... I think him and Kobe might be able to score some point togeher.

Philly Hammer
12-09-2014, 08:04 PM
hahaha the nets have billy king I laughed the day they hired him

DoMeFavors
12-09-2014, 08:08 PM
buahaha. this is pretty sad.

i would hate to be domefavors right about now.

Why? the team is 8-10 or whatever it is, they look to be going in another direction. we have to see what they get back if they trade them but the article states they are still in win now mode.

Philly Hammer
12-09-2014, 08:12 PM

Kemba Walker for D-Will?

The Lakers might as well try to pick up D-Will... I think him and Kobe might be able to score some point togeher.that's never going to happen

albertajaysfan
12-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Why? the team is 8-10 or whatever it is, they look to be going in another direction. we have to see what they get back if they trade them but the article states they are still in win now mode.

First off I would like to establish which direction you think they are going in so that I can figure what the other direction is that you are referring to.

They are in win now mode because tanking with no draft picks makes absolutely zero sense.

P.S. Thank you for your sig...

ohreally
12-09-2014, 08:18 PM

Kemba Walker for D-Will?

The Lakers might as well try to pick up D-Will... I think him and Kobe might be able to score some point togeher.

OK, it is Billy King, but why would anyone do any of those trades? Deron and Lopez for Jennings and Smith???? Wtf.

Philly Hammer
12-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Why? the team is 8-10 or whatever it is, they look to be going in another direction. we have to see what they get back if they trade them but the article states they are still in win now mode.Billy King strikes again with that loser at the helm you have no direction unless that means clogging up the teams salary cap with crap contracts lol. King has no clue on how to build a team all he does is throw money at the situation and, hopes it somehow works lol.

DoMeFavors
12-09-2014, 08:27 PM
First off I would like to establish which direction you think they are going in so that I can figure what the other direction is that you are referring to.

They are in win now mode because tanking with no draft picks makes absolutely zero sense.

P.S. Thank you for your sig...

I am not an insider I don't know for sure what they will trade or who they will get back, after they do any trade then I will comment on how I feel about it.

DarkKnight
12-09-2014, 08:42 PM
DoMeFavors won't like this

:laugh:

WaDe03
12-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Deng and Birdman for Lopez.

Dade County
12-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Deng and Birdman for Lopez.

Throw in a side of Rio

To me, I think these are the players that Pat is eyeing.

Reggie Jackson ... young and something to prove
Rondo ... Play maker
Isaiah Thomas ... Miami doesn't have a pg lol
Monroe ... HEAT needs a young big
Lopez ... offensive skill set
Melo ... another big 3
McGee ... Rim protector

jimm120
12-09-2014, 10:22 PM
i heard a rumor of a

JR Smith - Iman Shumpert - Andrea Bargnani
for
Brook Lopez - 2nd round pick

Still...:/

NYJ - NYY
12-09-2014, 10:23 PM
i heard a rumor of a

JR Smith - Iman Shumpert - Andrea Bargnani
for
Brook Lopez - 2nd round pick

Still...:/

I'm cool with that... No need ... Trade jr yes ... Bargs yes for brook no and hold on to shump

jimm120
12-09-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm cool with that... No need ... Trade jr yes ... Bargs yes for brook no and hold on to shump

no way they trade Brook (the one with the most value) for JR Smith and Bargs only.

NYJ - NYY
12-09-2014, 10:25 PM
no way they trade Brook (the one with the most value) for JR Smith and Bargs only.

I said no to brook don't want him ... Trade jr and baths separately or together for a young player with upside to a contender who needs bench help

DoMeFavors
12-09-2014, 11:00 PM
Nets and Knicks haven't made a trade together in decades

ohreally
12-09-2014, 11:14 PM

Well, again, it is Billy King so anything can happen, but why would anyone trade Brook for Bargs, JR., and Shumpert. Brooks is better than having those three even when he's not playing. Bargs is a bad joke and JR. and Shump are airheads who will do no one any real good. I don't see the Nets trading any of Deron, Joe, or Brook unless they get something they think could improve the team. Phil would love to have Brook, but I don't see this happening at all.

NYJ - NYY
12-09-2014, 11:32 PM
Well, again, it is Billy King so anything can happen, but why would anyone trade Brook for Bargs, JR., and Shumpert. Brooks is better than having those three even when he's not playing. Bargs is a bad joke and JR. and Shump are airheads who will do no one any real good. I don't see the Nets trading any of Deron, Joe, or Brook unless they get something they think could improve the team. Phil would love to have Brook, but I don't see this happening at all.

The best is if you read my original post or my next one after... Nothing ever says I want to trade them 2 for Lopez

TheNumber37
12-09-2014, 11:42 PM
Dwill to Sacramemto

Joe is going nowhere

You only take B.Lopez if he puts you over the top. Blazers

ohreally
12-10-2014, 12:11 AM
The best is if you read my original post or my next one after... Nothing ever says I want to trade them 2 for Lopez

I read your original post. Please, keep Shumpert and try to find anyone who will take Bargs. JR, on the right team, filled with smart and productive vets, might fetch something but I wouldn't think it would be much. So rag on Brooks all you want.

NYJ - NYY
12-10-2014, 12:13 AM
I read your original post. Please, keep Shumpert and try to find anyone who will take Bargs. JR, on the right team, filled with smart and productive vets, might fetch something but I wouldn't think it would be much. So rag on Brooks all you want.

I think jr could be a bench boost and I don't care about bargs release him he's not getting us anything and shump I like his game I hope he improves with consistency of it. Not ragging on brooks, didn't say anything negative about him. Just wouldn't want him.

Ty_Lawson
12-10-2014, 06:21 AM
Joe, Lopez, Mirza to Nuggets for McGee,Gallo,Hickson,Foye and Nate....

0nekhmer
12-10-2014, 06:56 AM
Yesss I hope d will or brook gets moved, I have JJ on fantasy and he desperately needs more touches and offensive production :)

MonroeFAN
12-10-2014, 10:49 AM
I would trade Jennings and whatever expirings we have for JJ and I hope the Pistons seriously look into obtaining him.

Vampirate
12-10-2014, 11:18 AM
As bad as the nets have been, they're not as bad as the knicks. That team has almost as bad of a future :laugh2:

The Knicks are a joke this season but actually have some semblance of hope.

There's no team that's as screwed as Brooklyn in terms of direction atm.

valade16
12-10-2014, 11:49 AM

So they are In win now mode and can't win?

Tony_Starks
12-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Can we get Deron Williams and Joe Cool for Jeremy Lin, Nash expiring and cash?

TrueFan420
12-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Can we get Deron Williams and Joe Cool for Jeremy Lin, Nash expiring and cash?

Money doesn't match up. Those two contracts match up with just Williams. You'd need another 5 million to match them with just Johnson. And a lot for both.

Tony_Starks
12-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Money doesn't match up. Those two contracts match up with just Williams. You'd need another 5 million to match them with just Johnson. And a lot for both.

Damn, Williams contract really is bad. We still have some trade exception money because of the injuries though. Probably would have to throw Jordan Hill in the mix.

likemystylez
12-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Dwill to Sacramemto

Joe is going nowhere

You only take B.Lopez if he puts you over the top. Blazers

Ummm well there are two sides to the trade. its not just about where those players fit in- nets are gonna want something in return.

do the nets ask for cousins in exchange for williams- if so does sac still do it?

do the nets ask for mathews and lopez in exchange for his brother?- maybe lillard to replace williams? if so do the blazers still want him??

it isnt an nba 2k game - trades have to work for both sides... unless your the lakers trading kawame brown for pau gasol

Vampirate
12-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Ummm well there are two sides to the trade. its not just about where those players fit in- nets are gonna want something in return.

do the nets ask for cousins in exchange for williams- if so does sac still do it?

do the nets ask for mathews and lopez in exchange for his brother?- maybe lillard to replace williams? if so do the blazers still want him??

it isnt an nba 2k game - trades have to work for both sides... unless your the lakers trading kawame brown for pau gasol

No way Sac includes Cousins in any trade with the Nets.

valade16
12-10-2014, 04:02 PM

How can you say there are 2 sides to a trade and then float those names in exchange for anything Brooklyn has :laugh2:

There is no way Lillard or Cousins are traded to the Nets. Not just for what you said, but there is simply no comibination of players, picks or other assets the Nets have that would get even remotely close to trading for either of those 2 players...

likemystylez
12-10-2014, 04:13 PM
No way Sac includes Cousins in any trade with the Nets.

agreed- then there might not be a way the kings get williams?

likemystylez
12-10-2014, 04:15 PM
How can you say there are 2 sides to a trade and then float those names in exchange for anything Brooklyn has :laugh2:

There is no way Lillard or Cousins are traded to the Nets. Not just for what you said, but there is simply no comibination of players, picks or other assets the Nets have that would get even remotely close to trading for either of those 2 players...

but the poster i was responding to was just assuming that williams would go to the kings and brooks to the blazers- what if the nets wanted some talent back?

i agree its unlikely theyd get lillard or cousins- but that might be the end of the trade talks with those teams

Sactown
12-10-2014, 06:25 PM
agreed- then there might not be a way the kings get williams?

Darren Collison has outplayed DWill on a much better contract, why would we want him lol

koreancabbage
12-10-2014, 06:37 PM

WTF? hahahaha Sac might be messed up franchise if they did that.

williams sucks *** and can suck my balls and lick it too. but i won't have any of that.

likemystylez
12-10-2014, 07:15 PM
Darren Collison has outplayed DWill on a much better contract, why would we want him lol

I DONT think the kings would do that deal. but the point of thge post was the original poster said he thought d williams whould go to the kings (without even suggesting a trade- that both teams would agree on)

I said that the nets might want something back that the kings arent willing to trade. This isnt NBA 2k both teams have to agree on the trade... nets dont care if williams would help the kings. They care about what trading williams is going to do for the nets as an organization.

so would the kings trade collison, landry and a first? or rudy gay? I dont know- but the nets are gonna want some talent... their owner wants to win games

albertajaysfan
12-10-2014, 07:38 PM
I am not an insider I don't know for sure what they will trade or who they will get back, after they do any trade then I will comment on how I feel about it.

Okey doke then. That comment in no way shape or form addressed my question.

I was asking what direction you think they are currently heading right now? Are they in win now mode? Rebuilding?

Chronz
12-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Has anyone mentioned this trade.

Lance Stephenson + Marvin for Joe Johnson+2nd rounder .. does that even come close to matching?