PDA

View Full Version : Lakers receive Hardship Exception o add 16th player

Rocco007
12-08-2014, 01:18 AM
The NBA has granted a hardship exception to the Lakers, allowing the team to increase its roster to 16 players, reports Eric Pincus of The Los Angeles Times.

Since the preseason, the Lakers have been hit by a string of injuries to Xavier Henry, Steve Nash, Julius Randle and Ryan Kelly. For the past two weeks, the team has had only 11 healthy players on its roster. The Lakers recently received disabled player exceptions of $4.9MM for Nash and $1.5MM for Randle.

The Lakers have been rumored to have interest in D-Leaguer Earl Clark, who is currently playing for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. Clark is expected to receive a minimum contract if he signs.

They also had recent workouts with free agents Quincy Miller, Gal Mekel (who has since signed with the Pelicans), Tyrus Thomas, Dwight Buycks, Jordan Hamilton and Roscoe Smith.
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/12/receive-hardship-exception.html

jaydubb
12-08-2014, 02:20 AM
Is this a good thing or bad thing

GREATNESS ONE
12-08-2014, 02:29 AM
We get to add more junk on our bench :)

This season is quickly slipping away. The team doesn't look energized and the vibe is all wrong. We need to sell on some players and acquire more picks/assets.

Trueblue2
12-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Sign T-Mac and play him for 10 minutes a game and have him mentor the players that are still young enough to improve. He'll sell jerseys and he'd be a positive locker room influence, almost like a more hobbled and more humbled version of Kobe that has come to terms with his decline and adjusted to a smaller, less selfish role.

mufridaz
12-10-2014, 03:11 PM
last I heard on earl the pearl clark is that he has had some interest in teams playing over seas.

with tmac kobe played with him I believe this summer to see if he still had anything left and he didn't. we need to be developing young players or at least relatively young not digging up old fossils. hell this year we had to have 2 coaches playing during practice b/c we didn't have 10 bodies just to play 5 on 5. With the injuries this team has had in the past years we need people that are not injury prone.

if we were in the playoff hunt I would give it a 2nd look at tmac and older vets but we're not close to playoffs.

LakerPride
12-11-2014, 03:55 AM
Lakers are staying put