PDA

View Full Version : The East team that nobody is talking about....

Cal827
12-07-2014, 08:14 PM
There have been many threads discussing the progress/regression of the Raptors, the Warriors, the Grizzlies, the Lakers, Cavaliers, the Bulls, the Wizards, and the Knicks. What hasn't been discussed is the excellent start by the Atlanta Hawks. As of right now, they are 2nd in the East at a record of 13-6. The stats suggest that there is balance within the starters, with each averaging over 10ppg. The team is shooting really well, right now at a clip of almost 48%, and Schroder, Scott and Thabo have been very valuable off the bench.

I'll admit that I'm not to familiar with the Hawks team, but I do remember most of us putting them in the lower section of the Eastern Conference playoff race, battling with others for that 8 seed. What do you guys think? Their shooting percentage will likely fall as the season goes on, but do you think this team can battle with the top 4 teams (most predicted) in the East (Washington, Chicago, Cleveland, and Toronto) and steal HCA from one of them in the 1st round?

Here's the Input of a Hawks fan, who are now 14-6 after their win today vs Indiana.

Guards
Last year Teague might have been the most improved player in the NBA. He is getting better with each passing day and it shows in the wins column. Korver is Korver. He makes the outside shots, he doesn't hold NBA records for nothing. Bench guards Shelby Mack and Dennis Schroeder and playing well in the back up role at PG. Schroder could be the most improved player this year. Right now he's kicking ***. I expected Sefolosha to contribute more but he's improving at a slow pace.

Forwards
Millsap is playing great right now. He's at 17 ppg and he's hitting shots from everywhere on the floor, driving the lane well. Scott and Carroll are good, too, and improving, both can get hot from the 3 pt line.

Centers
Horford is still not yet 100%. At 12.8 ppg he isn't doing as well as usual. Look for him to improve as he gets his strength back and gels better in this offense. Antic is playing better than he did last year, especially on D. Elton Brand is a key bench player for the Hawks. When Horford sits both Antic and Brand fill in nicely.

These guys are playing very well as a cohesive unit. Selfless basketball is making them better and they know it. Hopefully this trend will continue but all Hawks fans always have our doubts as we have been disappointed many times before.

benny01
12-07-2014, 08:25 PM
I think if they stay healthy and hot they could take any one of those teams, but I don't think they get through two of those teams in consecutive series. So no, I don't think they are true contenders.

koreancabbage
12-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Great Point. I think this was kinda expected of them though.

when Horford went down for them last year, they had a healthy playoff spot and ALMOST lost it.

With their team healthy this year, they should be vying for a top 6 seed.

The rest of the supposed good teams haven't figured things out yet. Chicago with Pau, kinda messes up the chemistry of the bigs a little and infusion of Rose (if he is isn't playing) and Cleveland (who SHOULD be the top team just by talent alone) just hasn't clicked till now.

So good on Toronto and ATL getting to this point in their respective seasons.

Brooklyn is just lucky to be in the playoff picture right now (didn't want to say it but they aren't built for the regular season - they'll show up come playoff time... maybe - they got blown out of the water last year, even for a seasoned veteran team, in the second round - they just aren't that good even if they are experienced - Raps played right into their strategy and were inexperienced - it showed)

I thought Detroit and Charlotte were gonna be players in the playoffs but looking like a dud but as both teams are dysfunctional defensively and offensively (defense for Charlotte)

Milwaukee is looking good. Good young team on the rise and probably going to get stronger as Parker matures with the rest of the young players on that team. Kidd looks pretty good

Howard_Zinn
12-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Good coach.

benny01
12-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Good coach.
and GM

Vee-Rex
12-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Definitely a playoff team (in the East anyway). Well coached and just need some more talent to become a contender.

Crackadalic
12-07-2014, 09:22 PM
There a top team because the cavs are going through chemistry issues( getting better) and the bulls injuries

Good team but 6th seed at the end of the year

Cracka2HI!
12-07-2014, 10:14 PM
WOW! This really shows how much better the West is than the East. The Hawks probably wouldn't make the playoffs in the West. They'd currently be in 8th and I doubt they could hold off OKC if they get hot. Not only that they probably have another 2-3 losses playing the West. Their best players are their PG and their 2 undersized bigs. Jeff Teague is probably around the league average when you consider how deep the PG position is.

M.I.A.
12-07-2014, 10:24 PM
There have been many threads discussing the progress/regression of the Raptors, the Warriors, the Grizzlies, the Lakers, Cavaliers, the Bulls, the Wizards, and the Knicks. What hasn't been discussed is the excellent start by the Atlanta Hawks. As of right now, they are 2nd in the East at a record of 13-6. The stats suggest that there is balance within the starters, with each averaging over 10ppg. The team is shooting really well, right now at a clip of almost 48%, and Schroder, Scott and Thabo have been very valuable off the bench.

I'll admit that I'm not to familiar with the Hawks team, but I do remember most of us putting them in the lower section of the Eastern Conference playoff race, battling with others for that 8 seed. What do you guys think? Their shooting percentage will likely fall as the season goes on, but do you think this team can battle with the top 4 teams (most predicted) in the East (Washington, Chicago, Cleveland, and Toronto) and steal HCA from one of them in the 1st round?

I would love to hear the input of a Hawks fan in this.

Glad to oblige you, thanks for noticing the Hawks.

Coach Bud has brought the Spurs basketball philosophy here and its working. For it to work it requires the entire team to play cohesively as a unit. That is happening right now. We also have to make the shots, which sometimes we struggle with but not lately. You have to make the threes for it to work which we are doing.

More to come.

M.I.A.
12-07-2014, 10:29 PM
Will finish tomorrow, having Wi-Fi issues, sorry.

koreancabbage
12-07-2014, 11:02 PM
WOW! This really shows how much better the West is than the East. The Hawks probably wouldn't make the playoffs in the West. They'd currently be in 8th and I doubt they could hold off OKC if they get hot. Not only that they probably have another 2-3 losses playing the West. Their best players are their PG and their 2 undersized bigs. Jeff Teague is probably around the league average when you consider how deep the PG position is.

Millsap and Horford are nothing to laugh at. How many teams got two great big men and a good PG.

Teague is a starter on any team in the league. i.e. you transplant the current starter on any team with Teague and there is almost no backup that would play ahead of Teague.

He's wildly inconsistent. great PGs are consistently (great). Teague has flashes on some nights that he has the potential to be a great PG.

Cracka2HI!
12-07-2014, 11:43 PM
Millsap and Horford are nothing to laugh at. How many teams got two great big men and a good PG.

Teague is a starter on any team in the league. i.e. you transplant the current starter on any team with Teague and there is almost no backup that would play ahead of Teague.

He's wildly inconsistent. great PGs are consistently (great). Teague has flashes on some nights that he has the potential to be a great PG.

Milsap and Horford are fine but are they not undersized like I said? Are either a great rim defender or true Center? Are there not 10-15 better starting PG's in the league than Teague? That's all I was saying.

North Yorker
12-08-2014, 12:13 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/sort/sos/order/false

Easiest schedule in the league so far.

torocan
12-08-2014, 01:21 AM
Hawks are flying under the radar. They're not a .700 team by the end of the season, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up with a top 4 seed.

Their coach is blue chip as newer coaches go having 4 rings and over a decade as the #1 assistant to Popovich. They also have the advantage of substantial roster continuity from last year after almost eliminating the Pacers in the first round of the play offs last year.

The main thing to watch out for in term of the Hawks is that since they're implementing the Spurs systems, you can fully expect the team to continue to improve throughout the season. The Spurs system of team ball means they have a lot of room to improve performance across the roster just through continuity and smart trades/drafting over the coming years.

They're not championship material at this point, but I wouldn't rule out a deep play off run by any means. They have decent size, decent shooting, and a play off tested coach. That goes a long way come April and May.

MonroeFAN
12-08-2014, 07:05 AM
Atlanta, to me, is a perfect example of what an NBA team should avoid being. They're always good enough so that they don't improve, but they're never gonna win anything. For that reason they will never scare me as a team regardless of how many wins they have.

It's been this way since the 90's.

force_within
12-08-2014, 09:09 AM
hell yeah..I was actually shocked this morning when I checked the standings, and I was like "how the hell did the Hawks became no. 2?"

torocan
12-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Taking a quick pick at TeamRankings...

6th in offensive efficiency http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/offensive-efficiency
10th in defensive efficiency http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/defensive-efficiency

This is inflated due to strength of schedule (.425 SOS making it the easiest schedule in the NBA to date according to Hollingers), however they are consistently beating inferior teams by substantial margins which tends to point to them as a legitimate play off team.

How good they are won't be apparent until the Hawks play through the tougher parts of their schedule however I wouldn't be surprised if they remain a top 10 offense and at least an average defense by the time the year is done. IE, good as teams go but not Elite.

pebloemer
12-08-2014, 10:18 AM
I had them at 5th in the East behind Cleveland, Chicago, Toronto and Washington and I expect that is where they will end up. They were legitimately the 3rd best Eastern Conference team (behind Miami and Indiana) when Horford went down last year. Nice balanced group, with a good coach.

M.I.A.
12-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Guards
Last year Teague might have been the most improved player in the NBA. He is getting better with each passing day and it shows in the wins column. Korver is Korver. He makes the outside shots, he doesn't hold NBA records for nothing. Bench guards Shelby Mack and Dennis Schroeder and playing well in the back up role at PG. Schroder could be the most improved player this year. Right now he's kicking ***. I expected Sefolosha to contribute more but he's improving at a slow pace.

Forwards
Millsap is playing great right now. He's at 17 ppg and he's hitting shots from everywhere on the floor, driving the lane well. Scott and Carroll are good, too, and improving, both can get hot from the 3 pt line.

Centers
Horford is still not yet 100%. At 12.8 ppg he isn't doing as well as usual. Look for him to improve as he gets his strength back and gels better in this offense. Antic is playing better than he did last year, especially on D. Elton Brand is a key bench player for the Hawks. When Horford sits both Antic and Brand fill in nicely.

These guys are playing very well as a cohesive unit. Selfless basketball is making them better and they know it. Hopefully this trend will continue but all Hawks fans always have our doubts as we have been disappointed many times before.

I hope this helps the OP.

M.I.A.
12-08-2014, 11:44 AM
I feel it is only fair to mention also how great the Raptors are playing. They are going to be tough to catch and this team may not be good enough to do it.

M.I.A.
12-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Atlanta, to me, is a perfect example of what an NBA team should avoid being. They're always good enough so that they don't improve, but they're never gonna win anything. For that reason they will never scare me as a team regardless of how many wins they have.

It's been this way since the 90's.

Good post. I hate it but you are right.

Blitzbolt
12-08-2014, 03:29 PM
I just don't get why people ignore ATL sometimes it feels like they don't even have a NBA team.Like no one seriously cares about them even teams like mil and Minny get more attention and they suck more.

Ezio
12-08-2014, 03:46 PM
I just don't get why people ignore ATL sometimes it feels like they don't even have a NBA team.Like no one seriously cares about them even teams like mil and Minny get more attention and they suck more.

Because those 2 teams have rookies who could end up being stars while ATL only has Horford who people forget about since he gets injured... imagine if Pau decided to sign there though?

M.I.A.
12-08-2014, 03:55 PM

We don't have any flashy players and we don't make flashy moves.

Ezio
12-08-2014, 04:01 PM
We don't have any flashy players and we don't make flashy moves.

The only flashy move you guys made was the JJ extension and then the trade :laugh2:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-08-2014, 04:06 PM

So the Bucks suck? I'd take Giannis and Parker over Hawks entire roster any day of the week. Only guy that remotely interests me is Schröder. Even though the standings show Bucks are in the playoffs as of today. Doubt any team in the east wants to face Bucks first round. Cavs barely beat the Bucks and only cause Ersan got injured first half of the game and he was shooting 56% last 8 games combined. Mavs barely got by us with buzzer beater from Ellis couple nights ago. Bucks only lost badly a couple times this year. Bucks were first team to beat the Grizzlies this season. Not to be mean, but Hawks probably be the next team moving cause lack of fan interests. Attendance proves that.

Ezio
12-08-2014, 04:28 PM
So the Bucks suck? I'd take Giannis and Parker over Hawks entire roster any day of the week. Only guy that remotely interests me is Schröder. Even though the standings show Bucks are in the playoffs as of today. Doubt any team in the east wants to face Bucks first round. Cavs barely beat the Bucks and only cause Ersan got injured first half of the game and he was shooting 56% last 8 games combined. Mavs barely got by us with buzzer beater from Ellis couple nights ago. Bucks only lost badly a couple times this year. Bucks were first team to beat the Grizzlies this season. Not to be mean, but Hawks probably be the next team moving cause lack of fan interests. Attendance proves that.

I would love to play at UC North

dalton749
12-08-2014, 07:53 PM
damn that dude got upset lol
as a raps fan i would love to play the bucks in the playoffs (probably everyones first choice because theyre inexperienced)

i think he meant more from a city perspective, rather than team
minny and Milwaukee are looked at as sucky places to play right now, but still get more attention because nobody cares about atlanta anymore, not even atlanta lol

M.I.A.
12-08-2014, 07:59 PM
damn that dude got upset lol
as a raps fan i would love to play the bucks in the playoffs (probably everyones first choice because theyre inexperienced)

i think he meant more from a city perspective, rather than team
minny and Milwaukee are looked at as sucky places to play right now, but still get more attention because nobody cares about atlanta anymore, not even atlanta lol

I'm 53 and been an Atlanta fan forever. Only 1 Atlanta team has ever won a title. You can only believe their crap for so long until you give up on a team. Atlanta fans won't be fooled again. You win that title, then I'll believe. In the meantime shut up or put up or move out of here. That's how I feel about it and most Atlanta fans feel the same way.

koreancabbage
12-08-2014, 08:01 PM

and we all know playoffs are a different story. Bucks will be a first round exit this year. just being realistic here.

moving forward, I like what the Bucks got there. good young talent is hard to find.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2014, 08:09 PM
easiest schedule in the league so far, but I do think the Hawks end up with 45 wins, which is good enough for a 4-5 seed out east this year.

They have been in purgatory the last number of years. Always a playoff team, but nowhere near a contender.

Cal827
12-08-2014, 11:33 PM
Guards

Forwards

Centers

I hope this helps the OP.

Thanks! Gonna quote this for the first post.

Cal827
12-08-2014, 11:41 PM

Sounds promising.... What happened when they played vs Toronto :D
Don't get me wrong, I think they will have a good shot at a lower playoff seed, but they are going to be the team that the upper seeds are going to want to face. Kinda like Toronto was the team perceived to be the weakest of the higher ones in the East last year, due to their inexperience. Think it'll take a few more years before they become another contender in the East with Jabari/Giannis/Henson and company.

Cal827
12-08-2014, 11:47 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/sort/sos/order/false

Easiest schedule in the league so far.

While that may be true, they are winning games by a considerable margin. But we went through a somewhat similar thing last year. We struggled in the first half of the year, started playing better without Gay and got a few random big wins in OKC and Dallas. But at the start of the new year, When our schedule started to even out a little bit, we won the games we needed to, gained momentum, and then started to take down the teams that we were expected to lose against, or put up an effort against them that basically took the game to the end for us to lose (Durant going off for 54 in Toronto, including the last second shot in double overtime).

The Hawks have 3 quite winnable games before the Schedule ramps up. Perhaps the chemistry can continue to build so they can win a few games and pull off a few upsets themselves.

SportsFanatic10
12-09-2014, 12:10 AM
dangerous shooting team. and they have the ability to make a defense pay both inside and out. when on their game they are very tough to beat.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-09-2014, 09:35 AM
Sounds promising.... What happened when they played vs Toronto :D
Don't get me wrong, I think they will have a good shot at a lower playoff seed, but they are going to be the team that the upper seeds are going to want to face. Kinda like Toronto was the team perceived to be the weakest of the higher ones in the East last year, due to their inexperience. Think it'll take a few more years before they become another contender in the East with Jabari/Giannis/Henson and company.

Believe by the time we played Toronto it was 5 games in 6 nights. Believe the Bucks played the most games of all teams so far. Teams do breakdown. Even the young teams. I'd take my Bucks roster over Raptors roster next 5 years hands down. All the Raptors have is Lowry and DeRozan and Val for a main core. I'd take Giannis and Parker at 19 each over your top 3 guys. Well Giannis just turned 20 other day. Rest of the league will let Toronto enjoy this little moment since Raptors barely had a moment as a franchise. Since Carter and TMAC left. All the last glory was Bosh racing off to Miami. So enjoy your little run.:cheers:

koreancabbage
12-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Believe by the time we played Toronto it was 5 games in 6 nights. Believe the Bucks played the most games of all teams so far. Teams do breakdown. Even the young teams. I'd take my Bucks roster over Raptors roster next 5 years hands down. All the Raptors have is Lowry and DeRozan and Val for a main core. I'd take Giannis and Parker at 19 each over your top 3 guys. Well Giannis just turned 20 other day. Rest of the league will let Toronto enjoy this little moment since Raptors barely had a moment as a franchise. Since Carter and TMAC left. All the last glory was Bosh racing off to Miami. So enjoy your little run.:cheers:

cool story bro.

MonroeFAN
12-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Cocky Buck fans?

yikes.

M.I.A.
12-09-2014, 11:27 AM
Thanks! Gonna quote this for the first post.

You're welcome. I'm going to enjoy this run for as long as it lasts. Big runs for Atlanta fans are few and far between, lol.

JustinTime
12-09-2014, 11:47 AM
I thought he was going to say the Bucks because they have been the most surprising even though they're only .500.

dalton749
12-09-2014, 11:47 AM
All the Raptors have is Lowry and DeRozan and Val for a main core. I'd take Giannis and Parker at 19 each over your top 3 guys. Well Giannis just turned 20 other day.

ill take derozan, valanciunas, ross, caboclo
not sure that gets an "all we have"
one was already an allstar, and ones the starting center of a really good team at 22

JustinTime
12-09-2014, 11:51 AM
one was already an allstar, and ones the starting center of a really good team at 22

Bruno Caboclo looks like he'll be good but he gets no time when he probably should be.

koreancabbage
12-09-2014, 11:56 AM

Coboclo looks like a Giannis type of player. 18 years old. He looks like he can shoot the 3 pointer with ease. got good range. Need to work on handles and bulking up. Same story when Giannis was first drafted.

Giannis had the benefit of the bad team and got plenty of PT. Coboclo could use the PT lol

M.I.A.
12-09-2014, 12:00 PM
I thought he was going to say the Bucks because they have been the most surprising even though they're only .500.

I miss Zaza Pachulia. I'm glad he's getting more minutes in Milwaukee. Great guy.

albertajaysfan
12-09-2014, 08:11 PM

Settle down. Don't fall into the trap man. I have seen you post some good stuff on here. As hard as it is try to stay away from the nonsense. I fall into the trap from time to time myself.

I am excited to watch your team grow as I think you have some potential on that roster. It is always nice to see new teams rise up, at least that is how I feel.

M.I.A.
12-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Settle down. Don't fall into the trap man. I have seen you post some good stuff on here. As hard as it is try to stay away from the nonsense. I fall into the trap from time to time myself.

I am excited to watch your team grow as I think you have some potential on that roster. It is always nice to see new teams rise up, at least that is how I feel.

That's good advice. We all fall into that trap at times.

The Bucks are looking good. You know they are. Try to ignore the trash talkers. It is hard to do, though.

kdspurman
12-15-2014, 03:56 PM
good write up on the hawks. basically on how they're different than years past and a legit threat in the east.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/12/15/7377785/atlanta-hawks-breakdown-nba-playoffs-2014

canzano55
12-15-2014, 11:07 PM
They slapped the Bulls around tonight with Horford having another great game.

I can see them overtaking us as top dog in the standings once the Raps start their west cost trip after Christmas.

koreancabbage
12-15-2014, 11:09 PM
They slapped the Bulls around tonight with Horford having another great game.

I can see them overtaking us as top dog in the standings once the Raps start their west cost trip after Christmas.

na, you gotta remember they are going on their road trip and next 4 games first to Cleveland, Houston, Dallas and LA Clippers

we got Brooklyn, Pistons, Knicks and then the hurt comes lol:

Chicago, Clippers, Nuggets, Blazers, Warriors (team to beat Warriors =P), Suns,

M.I.A.
12-15-2014, 11:14 PM
na, you gotta remember they are going on their road trip and next 4 games first to Cleveland, Houston, Dallas and LA Clippers

Chicago, Clippers, Nuggets, Blazers, Warriors (team to beat Warriors =P), Suns,

I don't expect my Hawks to play like this all year. But it would be nice...

canzano55
12-15-2014, 11:16 PM

Chicago, Clippers, Nuggets, Blazers, Warriors (team to beat Warriors =P), Suns,I can see them winning in Cleveland and taking a game in Houston.

By contrast we could go easily 1-5 on our west coast trip which gives the Hawks plenty of games to overtake us.

koreancabbage
12-15-2014, 11:42 PM
I can see them winning in Cleveland and taking a game in Houston.

By contrast we could go easily 1-5 on our west coast trip which gives the Hawks plenty of games to overtake us.

Raptors would probably (could) beat the Bulls/Nuggets and Suns. Losing to Clippers, Blazers and Warriors

andy2518
12-15-2014, 11:56 PM
I would be very impressed if they made it past the second round.

M.I.A.
12-16-2014, 09:04 AM
Raptors would probably (could) beat the Bulls/Nuggets and Suns. Losing to Clippers, Blazers and Warriors

Things change, teams change. As of right now anything can happen. The only team out of it right now is the 76ers.

cdnsportsfan
12-16-2014, 10:22 AM
I was high on the Hawks leading up to the season, but having the easiest schedule in the NBA and losing to most of the tough teams they played made me feel they're playoff bound, just not putting up much of a fight. They showed up last night against the Bulls though, and have just been playing well recently.

They could contend for the division, but even if they cool down they'll likely finish around the 4-6 mark in the conference. The only thing that was ever in question with this team for me was the health of Horford, but if he stays healthy they're gonna be tough.

mightybosstone
12-16-2014, 10:27 AM
Prior to the season starting, I picked Atlanta as my surprise team in the East and thought they would finish with a top 5 seed in the conference. Now that we've seen Miami fall off and Chicago deal with inconsistency and injuries, I see no reason why Atlanta couldn't battle for the No. 2 seed with Washington and Toronto behind Cleveland.

And, yes, I still think Cleveland is likely to finish atop the conference.

kdspurman
12-16-2014, 10:36 AM
Prior to the season starting, I picked Atlanta as my surprise team in the East and thought they would finish with a top 5 seed in the conference. Now that we've seen Miami fall off and Chicago deal with inconsistency and injuries, I see no reason why Atlanta couldn't battle for the No. 2 seed with Washington and Toronto behind Cleveland.

And, yes, I still think Cleveland is likely to finish atop the conference.

I agree... As long as they don't lose any of their key guys, they should be in good shape this season.

M.I.A.
12-16-2014, 10:58 AM
I was high on the Hawks leading up to the season, but having the easiest schedule in the NBA and losing to most of the tough teams they played made me feel they're playoff bound, just not putting up much of a fight. They showed up last night against the Bulls though, and have just been playing well recently.

They could contend for the division, but even if they cool down they'll likely finish around the 4-6 mark in the conference. The only thing that was ever in question with this team for me was the health of Horford, but if he stays healthy they're gonna be tough.

Good post.

Vinylman
12-16-2014, 01:26 PM
give it a month ... horford will get hurt again and they will go on a downward spiral

M.I.A.
12-16-2014, 01:34 PM
give it a month ... horford will get hurt again and they will go on a downward spiral

You bite your tongue!

Vinylman
12-16-2014, 02:13 PM
You bite your tongue!

It sucks dude ... but you know it will happen...

hope not but history tends to repeat

M.I.A.
12-16-2014, 02:40 PM
It sucks dude ... but you know it will happen...

hope not but history tends to repeat

The Hawks might go in a downward spiral but I don't want Horford hurt again.

Blitzbolt
12-16-2014, 03:03 PM
I think the bucks are a great young team but still the city is garbage I would rather go to a forgotten hawks then to a young mil just because the city sucks.

M.I.A.
12-16-2014, 03:54 PM
I think the bucks are a great young team but still the city is garbage I would rather go to a forgotten hawks then to a young mil just because the city sucks.

Been to Atlanta lately? lol

GoferKing_
12-16-2014, 06:03 PM
It's Atlanta, even when they are in PO half of the seats are empty.

M.I.A.
12-16-2014, 06:50 PM
It's Atlanta, even when they are in PO half of the seats are empty.

Well, when one of these wonderful teams brings home the hardware we'll go spend our money on them and get stuck in traffic for an hour and a half. But not before then! We are tired of promises from losers.

Cal827
12-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Big win by the Hawks today in Cleveland.

Chronz
12-17-2014, 10:41 PM
Well, when one of these wonderful teams brings home the hardware we'll go spend our money on them and get stuck in traffic for an hour and a half. But not before then! We are tired of promises from losers.

Fans like that don't deserve **** imo

mjt20mik
12-17-2014, 11:47 PM
well coached

M.I.A.
12-18-2014, 08:30 AM
well coached

Yeah. I'll take a 29 point win over Lebron.

M.I.A.
12-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Fans like that don't deserve **** imo

Opinion duly noted. Seconds later, cast into the trash. Thank you.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-18-2014, 11:54 AM
I think the bucks are a great young team but still the city is garbage I would rather go to a forgotten hawks then to a young mil just because the city sucks.Hate much?

Chronz
12-18-2014, 12:28 PM
Opinion duly noted. Seconds later, cast into the trash. Thank you.
That was pretty clever

M.I.A.
12-18-2014, 03:17 PM
That was pretty clever

In other words, I said:

"Sir, you have the right to your opinion and I respect that right and was willing to fight for it. But I do not agree with you at all."

Perhaps I should have stated it that way. Sorry if I offended you.

koreancabbage
12-18-2014, 06:13 PM
In other words, I said:

"Sir, you have the right to your opinion and I respect that right and was willing to fight for it. But I do not agree with you at all."

Perhaps I should have stated it that way. Sorry if I offended you.

**** that.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously

Cal827
12-22-2014, 11:08 PM
So, Atlanta has wins in Cleveland and Houston in the past couple nights, and it appears that they might win this game in Dallas.

I can't think of a better team in the East (at least right now).

M.I.A.
12-22-2014, 11:11 PM
So, Atlanta has wins in Cleveland and Houston in the past couple nights, and it appears that they might win this game in Dallas.

Hawks on fire right now.

Crackadalic
12-22-2014, 11:12 PM

Yeah that teams has surprise me.

You can see Pop's influence on that team

SteBO
12-22-2014, 11:47 PM
Eh, I've watched this movie with Atlanta soooo many times now, it's hard to really take them seriously. That said, they look different, and I mean that in the best way possible. They move the ball very well and are disciplined defensively. Their problem though is that they're undersized at the 4/5 spots. They're mostly one and done on the offensive end, and I'd worry about the their defensive rebounding as well. When the game slows down and aren't making shots at the rate they are now (hard to keep up), how are they gonna score consistently? I think they'll go as far as at least 2nd round like always....wouldn't be surprised if they made the ECF but that's as far as they go in my view.

kdspurman
12-22-2014, 11:49 PM
they're legit... this isn't the Hawks team of the past. I don't know there's a team in the east they can't beat in a 7 game series if healthy

M.I.A.
12-23-2014, 12:13 AM
Eh, I've watched this movie with Atlanta soooo many times now, it's hard to really take them seriously. That said, they look different, and I mean that in the best way possible. They move the ball very well and are disciplined defensively. Their problem though is that they're undersized at the 4/5 spots. They're mostly one and done on the offensive end, and I'd worry about the their defensive rebounding as well. When the game slows down and aren't making shots at the rate they are now (hard to keep up), how are they gonna score consistently? I think they'll go as far as at least 2nd round like always....wouldn't be surprised if they made the ECF but that's as far as they go in my view.

I know where you're coming from. This team looks better than any Hawks team I've seen in 40 years. Great coaching and bench play. I do remain skeptical, though.

Got to hand it to the Mavs, they came back from 24 down to make it a 3 point game. Good game.

*Silver&Black*
12-23-2014, 01:21 AM
Coach Bud is the best coach in the East and should be CotY.

M.I.A.
12-23-2014, 08:51 AM
Hawks, as of late:

15/2, last 17 games
13/1, last 14 games

Road wins over Cleveland, Houston and Dallas

mike44
12-23-2014, 10:38 AM
Team is exciting to watch. It's amazing what coach bud has done with this team. The scoring is so balanced and it works so well because there are no egos on the team, just whoever has the best shot takes it. You rarely see anyone take a bad shot.

mightybosstone
12-23-2014, 11:27 AM
I thought Atlanta would be good, but I didn't expect they would be this good. If they keep playing like this, they could win 55+ games and get a top 2 seed in the East.

PurpleLynch
12-23-2014, 12:01 PM
If healthy Atlanta is in a very good position. Outstanding coaching,Pop's school after all...

RLundi
12-23-2014, 12:06 PM
The Hawks seem legitimate. Tbh, I can admit I'm still sleeping on them. Even though they've had extremely impressive wins over quality teams the past week or so -- including some on the road -- I still wouldn't nexesseily consider them a contender and would still slot Cleveland, Toronto, Chicago and Washington above them, pretty easily too.

One day soon they're gonna make me eat my words, I'm sure of it. In the meantime, I love the idea of another team in the East somewhat helping balance everything out with the West.

RLundi
12-23-2014, 12:08 PM
I know where you're coming from. This team looks better than any Hawks team I've seen in 40 years. Great coaching and bench play. I do remain skeptical, though.

Got to hand it to the Mavs, they came back from 24 down to make it a 3 point game. Good game.

Even better than the Steve Smith/Mutombo/Blaylock Hawks of the 90s?

Idk about that man.

M.I.A.
12-23-2014, 12:25 PM
Even better than the Steve Smith/Mutombo/Blaylock Hawks of the 90s?

Idk about that man.

I think this team has more potential than they did.

M.I.A.
12-24-2014, 10:40 AM
I think this team has more potential than they did.

Just beat Houston and the Clips in their buildings. This team is hotter than the sun right now.

Tg11
12-25-2014, 01:44 PM
But if anything the Raptors are seldom talked about if at all even though the Raptors are one of the best teams in the NBA at the moment, hell the Raptors should even be playing on Christmas but they are not and that pisses me off but then again at least the Raptors are proving all their critics including me wrong and I am a Raptors critic/hater but they are proving me wrong

Cal827
12-25-2014, 01:53 PM
^^ **** The Raptors. This is a Hawks thread lol

Tg11
12-25-2014, 02:04 PM
Well the Hawks are another surprise but the Raptors definitely because no one expected them to be right where they are at

M.I.A.
12-25-2014, 04:14 PM
Well the Hawks are another surprise but the Raptors definitely because no one expected them to be right where they are at

We'll have to share the thread with them until we beat them. Should be a great game come Jan. 16 and Feb 20.

Tg11
12-25-2014, 04:20 PM
No one has really talked about the Hawks since the Dominique days

M.I.A.
12-25-2014, 04:27 PM
No one has really talked about the Hawks since the Dominique days

Well, after a 14 of 15/16 of 18 run they are talking about them now.